Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113

Author Topic: FEF: Solrise Academy IC: Chapter 4: The Truesilver Knight  (Read 84408 times)

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Solrise Academy IC: Chapter 4: The Truesilver Knight
« Reply #1650 on: January 18, 2023, 05:17:18 pm »

Kruger spends two points on the Greenhouse, one on the Stable, one on the Gym for +DR and one on the Library for +RES.

"Ah, von Celeste!"
Kruger happened to be in the library, just turning around a nearby bookshelf and seeing her midway towards the target of desire.
"It is always good to see a dedicated trooper, studying the art of the battlefield so shortly before the next combat."

The unwritten rules of school life demand that, if someone desires to dodge a conversation while in a semi-public space, it will fail in the most grand way possible.

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
  • My sole interest is uncovering the truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: January 22, 2023, 04:17:12 pm »

Lin

"Well, uh, it's just... I kinda sometimes think I could... you know... get a little more..." Arnett bites his tongue somewhat trying to think of the proper wording without sounding silly, so in a way that was sillier than anything he could have possibly said, he gently flexes a complete lack of bicep. His eyes flit towards his arm, then back to Lin.

Delwyn

Arnett took a deep exhale of breath to finally let out all of the tension he had been bottling up the whole way there.

"R-right. Okay... G-good to know. Um... Yeah, I did bring some paints," Arnett said as he held up his armful of art supplies. "I- uh- got the essentials, and my sketchbook too just in case... Did you- um- want me to draw anything for you?"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1652 on: January 25, 2023, 06:28:26 am »

"Ah. Why?" She tilts her head slightly. "You seem like you're doing fine with just your magic."
« Last Edit: January 26, 2023, 07:43:44 am by Chevaleresse »
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Aurorix

• Bay Watcher
  • Thief Boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: January 25, 2023, 04:17:10 pm »

"A-AH! K-Kruger! What a... What a nice coincidence!" The pegasus knight quickly hid the book behind her back before clearly forcing a smile.

"Y-yes! Studying the battlefield ha ha ha, of course that's what I came in here for! Can't let our classmates down in the finals ya know! But ya know, I really prefer to read in alone in my room and not in the library so I think I'll quickly go check this book out and be on my way! It was nice chatting with you!" She began to slowly shimmy away, making sure to keep the goods hidden behind her back.

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: January 25, 2023, 05:54:35 pm »

"..."
"Are you well? Getting a fever? The thought of fighting such a formidable class making you anxious?"

Kruger placed a hand on Astrea's shoulder and looked firmly at her.

"You are not only my classmate, but also my comrade in combat. No one is helped by keeping secrets. It is formidable that you wish to push your limits, but to know restraint to conserve energy is just equally important."

He then let go of her.

"Take care, Astrea. Now, if you'll excuse me..."

Kruger walked a bit in the direction where the Pegasus Rider came from, stopping at a peculiar spot. A spot that was impossible to predict. Yet, there he stood. Next to the manga section. His gaze sticked to a copy of Pretty Pretty Spark Kanade. His hand reached out, grasping one of the copies. Eyes on the cover and nowhere else.

And then...

"Ah..."

The booklet got returned with simple, gentle hand movements. Kruger stood there for a few seconds.

"..."

He suddenly turned around towards Astrea with intense velocity.

"How foolish of me, this is not the section where they keep literature about the history of glorious Rheinberg. Such disorientation is not becoming of a leader, I hope you can overlook this simple mistake, Astrea."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: January 25, 2023, 08:12:00 pm »

Orrel
Theodora thinks for a moment.

"Do you know much about Lin, by any chance?"

Lin
"Yo, Lin.."
Freddie takes a moment to stop working - it appears he's building a new pair of cestii, from what you can  see - before turning to Arnett.

"Muscle-building, huh? Maybe I could give you some tips."

Ricardo
As he draws closer to the training rooms, he almost swears he can hear someone humming and dancing to his music. From the higher pitch of the voice, it's definitely one of the female students.

Ricardo gains 1 STR.

Astrea
As Astrea enters the library, she finds....

Well, well. Copies of Pretty Pretty Spark Kanade being stocked in the school library, alongside other issues of manga.
Astrea gains +1 CON, +3 DR for the next map, +1 RES.
Astrea earns 100 thalers and Onions.

Delwyn
Delwyn heads around and....

Well.

Despite the scream sounding incredibly girlish, it does seem to be the Sloane brothers. Specifically, Nick pulling Jack from the clutches of one of the school griffons.
"Damnit! What the hell is their problem?!"

Kruger
"So. Lord Wallhaim is a fan of this series too."

The Matagot slinks in between Kruger and Astrea.

"Lady Isabeau sent me to collect one of the copies to borrow. I was hoping to ask if someone could assist me in borrowing one of the new volumes. The librarian could not understand how a cat could talk. Not that I'm a cat."

Kruger earns 300 thalers, Academy Scrip and two portions of Taal Rice.
Kruger gains +1 RES and +3 DR towards the next battle.

Rika
Rika might run into....the conversation going on between Arnett and Lin.

Rika earns 500 thalers, 1 Academy Scrip and 2 Whetstones.

Spoiler: Activity Point Counter (click to show/hide)

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: January 26, 2023, 01:05:20 pm »

Hit the gym to get that +15 evasion and spend the last point on the stable.
Obviously Ricardo wasn't just going to stand still waiting to find out who was this person appreciating true art. So he immediately stepped into the training rooms to figure out who was listening to it!
"Which soul dances to the beat of my music!?"

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: January 26, 2023, 01:32:11 pm »

A bit of a strange, almost guilty look briefly passed over Orrel's face before he blanked out it, tilting his head slightly inquisitively at Dora.

"Lin? Yes, I know her somewhat. I mean, not as well as I should, given she's a classmate, but better than several of the others. Why do you ask?"

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: January 26, 2023, 07:53:59 pm »

Reeve
As Reeve arrives at the Alchemical Labs, she hears an small boom?

Reeve gains +15 Hit.
Reeve earns 100 thalers and Goldknolle.

Humming contently to herself as she makes her way to the Alchemical labs, Reeve makes it to the door before she is halted by the sound of an explosion emanating from the room. While she was confused for a brief moment, Reeve was not one to back down from any explosions (especially when they weren't even that loud), and is quick to recompose herself and swing the door open to see what exactly is going on.
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: January 27, 2023, 07:38:06 pm »

"Well, y'know, my magic's great and all, but I wouldn't mind being able to defend myself in a pinch when I'm fresh out of paint. So that Orrel doesn't have to worry about me..." He nervously rubs one of his very, very skinny arms. "Especially, since... well, you never know when Justice will come back..." A little sigh, before Freddie speaks up and Arnett looks back at him. "Y-you really mean that? Uh- I wouldn't mind that...!"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1660 on: February 02, 2023, 07:38:24 pm »

"Nice. Did you try the alloy I suggested?" She glances back to Arnett. "Why not just use a tome? Or, I dunno, me?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: February 06, 2023, 05:04:51 am »

Arnett

"I... hadn't thought that far ahead," Delwyn said. "Well, I have, just not about that. What would you normally draw in a place like this?"
"And, right, before anything else" - she pursed her lips for a second before taking something out of her jacket - "I had this developed a while ago." A photo of Arnett from after their first combat test, in front of the dormitories, with a cheesy smile on his face. It really felt to her like a lot had happened since then.
"I told you I'd only give it to you, so it's yours if you want it."

Nick and Jack

Delwyn blinked.

"Maybe they're not fond of troublemakers," she finally said, somewhat bemused. Whatever this situation was, it at least didn't seem to be life-or-death. Probably.
"You two weren't doing anything to them, were you?"

Aurorix

• Bay Watcher
  • Thief Boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: February 10, 2023, 02:21:08 pm »

"A-... A fever? No I'm not axious about fighting the other class I just... I just... IIIII JUST HAVE ALLERGIES! Yea! I get REALLY bad allergies this time of year ya know? ha ha ha..." Her face became shades more flushed as Kruger came closer and made contact.

"Me? Keeping secrets? N-no no no! I would NEVER keep secrets from my classmates!" She let out a sigh of relief as Kruger marched off before jumping right back up with his sudden turn around.

"Huuuuuh? This isn't the section where keep the history of the... glorious... whos-a-whats-it?" She places her free hand on her chin and puts on the most terrible 'trying to act oblivious' voice.

"Lady Isabeau sent me to collect one of the copies to borrow. I was hoping to ask if someone could assist me in borrowing one of the new volumes. The librarian could not understand how a cat could talk. Not that I'm a cat."

"Oooooh Matagot! What a nice surprise to see you here!" That one was genuine. Hopefully she can dump off the evidence here with the cat and escape this whole situation with no one the wiser. "Whaaat? Lady Isabeau sent you?" She dramatically takes the book behind her back and over exaggeratedly examines it, "Oh whoopsies! Look like my allergies are getting to me!" She lightly knocks her head with her fist, "It seems I accidentally grabbed the newest addition of Pretty Pretty Spark Kanade instead of that history book I was totally looking for! Here Matagot you can have it, this is what Lady Isabeau wanted right?"

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: February 10, 2023, 05:48:01 pm »

Astrea & Matagot

"A-... A fever? No I'm not axious about fighting the other class I just... I just... IIIII JUST HAVE ALLERGIES! Yea! I get REALLY bad allergies this time of year ya know? ha ha ha..."
"Ah, how unfortunate. I misunderstood then, my apologies. May your allergies be as least impactful as possible."

"Huuuuuh? This isn't the section where keep the history of the... glorious... whos-a-whats-it?"
"... The Rheinberg Confederation. You know, the seat of the Elerian Order? The nation I call home?"

"So. Lord Wallhaim is a fan of this series too."
"Oh, no, that is..."
He got interrupted by Astrea's next outburst before he could finish.

"Oh whoopsies! Look like my allergies are getting to me!" She lightly knocks her head with her fist, "It seems I accidentally grabbed the newest addition of Pretty Pretty Spark Kanade instead of that history book I was totally looking for! Here Matagot you can have it, this is what Lady Isabeau wanted right?"
"... I'm beginning to feel being part of either a prank or a conspiracy, and I detest both. Madam Astrea von Celeste, by the honor of a Solrise student and the honor of your bloodline, you are an avid reader of this series of illustrated novels, are you not?"

Kruger looked clearly agitated by all of this, despite him showing constraint by not raising his voice further than necessary. It was still a library after all. His facial features softened soon afterwards though.

"... ... Apologies. I was not honest with the reason I've taken a copy of the novel myself in the first place. You have your reasons for your deception, as I have mine for mine."
"Know however that the wellbeing of my course mates is close to my heart. Whatever ails you, my ears are willing to listen. Whatever secret you entrust me, I shall carry to the grave and no further."
"As a token of trust, and to amend my misbehaviour, I shall tell you this much: I have not read a single issue of Pretty Pretty Spark Kanade. And yet I have a special connection to the titular character. That is why I reacted so fondly to seeing said character again. So, if you are a fan of Pretty Pretty Spark Kanade..."
"... then you must be a wonderful and strong person. What kind of person would otherwise read these novels?"

Kruger nodded, touched his scarf for the fraction of a second and then waved goodbye.

"Most joyous reading, Astrea."

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: February 10, 2023, 08:31:55 pm »

Lin

"Tomes... yeah, I think that'd probably make more sense. Can still use them up close and all..." Arnett thinks for a moment, as his eyes flit over to his arms, before he looks back at Lin when she offers to be his shield.

"Whuh- huh- use you? Wait, no, I don't think I can do that-" Arnett does a little hand wave out of panic. "I mean- that's really nice of you! And your muscles are really nice and strong! For- uh- fighting! But- no, I think I do need to learn how to fend for myself- otherwise, what'll I do when no one else is there...?"

Delwyn

"What I would draw here... well, I've been trying to practice drawing others, so I would probably like to try and paint you if you didn't mind staying still for a bit... the lightning and the window would be perfect, especially since the environment would blend in nicely with your outfit..." Arnett started finger framing Delwyn against the window, before hurriedly putting his hands away. "Er, sorry- force of habit."

His light embarrassment was only amplified by the sight of the photo.

"Ah- th-thanks! You really developed it- jeez, did I really smile like that? Not that it's bad- I just wish I had a little bit more confidence with my expression... then again, I was still learning... well, still am learning... but I think it could be a nice memory... can I share it with Orrel?"
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113