Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 113

Author Topic: FEF: Solrise Academy IC: Chapter 4: The Truesilver Knight  (Read 84421 times)

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
  • My sole interest is uncovering the truth!
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Solrise Academy IC: Chapter 4: The Truesilver Knight
« Reply #1635 on: January 10, 2023, 01:11:05 am »

Arnett felt odd walking into the forge, but felt like he had to try and do... some kind of job that involved heavier lifting if he was to get stronger in both body and mind. He peered in to see Lin and Freddie already at work, then tottered inside himself.

"Hi, Lin... and, um, hi-" It was then that Arnett realized, as he made the mistake of making eye contact towards Freddie... He didn't remember all of the names of the people that weren't his classmates. That was a great start.

"...J-... Just wanted to stop by!" It was then that he immediately started walking backwards, thinking of coming back another day.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1636 on: January 10, 2023, 05:29:56 am »

Lin doesn't buy the tome.

"Freddie Jones," Lin states in response to Arnett's consternation; it was a familiar situation to her. "Hi, Sokolov," she says belatedly, realizing she'd skipped a part, then awkwardly moves to grab a box of damaged weaponry. Her enormous axe is leaned against the wall behind her.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: January 10, 2023, 04:33:09 pm »

"Wha? Oh, Dora. Uh, sure. What's going on? Everything all right?"

In truth, Orrel wanted to go back to his room, clean off, get some food, anything but talk to someone right now, but Theodora was a friend. More than that, she was a friend who didn't often ask him for things. So for her to be asking to talk, there had to be something important to her going on. His plans could wait.

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: January 11, 2023, 02:01:09 am »

"Please don't let this be important."

Delwyn to the rescue - was not what anyone in this school probably particularly hoped for. Still, she made some pretty good time towards the source of the scream.

"Okay," she said, unceremoniously skidding to a stop, "what's going on here?"

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: January 12, 2023, 12:02:28 am »

Arnett forced himself to stop once Lin helpfully spoke up for him. He took a deep breath, turned around, and exhaled.

"Um... Hi, Freddie. Hi, Lin- already said that- um." Another pause, one where Arnett's heel turned as if to leave again, but... "Can I, um, help out in any way?"

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1640 on: January 12, 2023, 01:19:28 am »

Earlier, on a completely different note than investigating screaming

After Professor Greyhame had finished talking, it had been time for all of them to drift their own separate ways. Delwyn knew how to do that pretty well, how to duck the teachers' attention when she wanted, but she seemed to be considering something while everyone scattered.

"... Hey." She took two steps to catch Arnett before he left too - her hand found his shoulder from behind, like the others had done to reassure him, though hers was only a brief touch.

"Come find me after your chores are done. I'm thinking east wing, third floor, near a window somewhere? If you're up for it."

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: January 12, 2023, 03:17:18 pm »

Arnett's mind had already been racing a few miles per hour, so the feeling of a hand on his shoulder caused him to make a slight 'eep' sound— but he didn't make any sudden movements, so that was some improvement! At the very least, it caught his attention- he didn't quite hear Delwyn's call at first.

"D-Delwyn, hi-" Arnett took a deep breath to calm himself down. "Uh- sure! East wing, third floor, um- I remember there's an alcove with a big window that I used to sketch the scenery one time, otherwise we can see if we can meet in one of the classrooms... or if no one's meditating at the shrine, we could go there too.." Arnett's so busy thinking of locations that he doesn't once think to ask why Delwyn asked for him.

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: January 13, 2023, 04:15:48 am »

That was just like him, helpful as always, though she got the impression she'd surprised him a little. She wasn't sure why she had almost been nervous herself in the first place. Must have been all the winding up this tournament was doing to her.

"The alcove sounds great," Delwyn said, walking backwards a few steps before giving Arnett a small wave and turning on her heel. "We can always move afterwards too."
"Bring whatever you want, we'll hang out." Just doing a casual fadeaway, talking as she moved further away.

Even as Delwyn disappeared behind a corner, her voice still drifted out from it a moment later.

"Don't forget."​​

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1643 on: January 13, 2023, 05:48:46 am »

"Plenty of work to go around. There's a big box of stuff that needs sharpening over there," she jerks her head toward a crate of swords and axes, "and I think there's a stock shipment that still needs unloading. Or you can just ask Ramsay."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: January 13, 2023, 07:30:09 pm »

Get that STR. Also look for the source of his music.

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: January 15, 2023, 11:40:50 pm »

Delwyn

"R-right! Okay! Sounds good!" Arnett fires out his attempts at trying to shield his nervousness in short bursts- punctuating it all with a little wave. When she disappears, Arnett calls after... "I won't, promise!"

Well, he didn't forget, but he was still scrambling to finish up once he realized he was dragging his feet on his tasks a little bit more.

Crap crap crap crap crap-

Once Arnett finished, he scooped up his sketchbook, some art supplies, and hurried over to the exact alcove he thought of- hoping that Delwyn didn't get bored and leave. He wasn't much longer than everyone else than a few minutes, right?

"S-sorry- lost track of time! Uh- I hope you weren't waiting long...!"

Lin

Arnett made slow, careful steps back into the forge- a deep exhale of breath for every step he took.

"Okay... um- I can unload stuff- I'm pretty good about keeping things organized." He gently massages his shoulder, thinking for a moment before... "...Um... Will I get more muscle if I do that kind of thing every day? Lifting equipment and whatnot?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: January 16, 2023, 02:31:09 am »

Rika will spend 2 points on working in the stables, 1 point in the greenhouse, and 2 points in the forge.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1647 on: January 16, 2023, 12:03:21 pm »

Lin shrugs.
"Probably. Why?" She pries some bit of weapon apart with a claw hammer as she speaks, electing to just redo the mounting entirely.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2023, 06:26:36 am by Chevaleresse »
GM of Trespassers V2.

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: January 18, 2023, 03:34:53 am »

"..."

Delwyn was leaning against the wall, gazing out of the window, her camera in one hand and the fingers of the other playing with the still-ripped seam in her jacket sleeve. She almost seemed like she didn't hear Arnett approach, at least until he began apologizing preemptively.

"Oh," she said, only her eyes betraying faint surprise, "I wasn't waiting long. Some surprising stuff happened. Nothing important."
"You brought paints?"

Aurorix

• Bay Watcher
  • Thief Boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: January 18, 2023, 04:05:36 pm »

Astrea
As Astrea enters the library, she finds....

Well, well. Copies of Pretty Pretty Spark Kanade being stocked in the school library, alongside other issues of manga.

"There you are..." As she hoped, the Library here never fails to stock the new issue of Pretty Pretty Spark Kanade. She usually gets the new issues mailed to her whenever they release but this time there was a delay in the shipping. Astrea couldn't wait any longer and decided to quickly check out the book from the Library, in and out, 20 second adventure. Surely no one she was acquainted with would catch her snatching the issue from the shelf and checking it out, right???
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 113