Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 113

Author Topic: FEF: Solrise Academy IC: Chapter 4: The Truesilver Knight  (Read 84446 times)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
Re: FEF: Solrise Academy IC: Chapter 3: Blazing Hearts
« Reply #1500 on: January 30, 2022, 05:42:48 pm »

Lin glanced down awkwardly at the first. Didn't like heat, huh? That'd explain why she'd basically never spoken to Katarina.
"These? Won't be an issue. Most of them are pretty standard wear and tear when you get down to it. Some heat warping and at least one of them took one too many magical blasts, which can induce some tricky effects, but they'll be good as new in a bit. Unless you mean the original quality, which isn't bad, but also isn't the greatest. Most of 'em aren't made to fit the wielders, and you can tell by the stresses in some of them. Like this sword right here, you can tell it's not long enough for whoever's wielding it. Too much wear at the crossguard, and the blade is warped from parrying blows too far toward the edge."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: January 30, 2022, 10:39:15 pm »

Lin
Orrel coughed suddenly, trying not to laugh.

"Well, uh, maybe not that exact phrasing. Just... offer her help. I mean, look, lets be real, she knows how to take care of her weapons. She cares enough about fighting to take care of them well. So it's an excuse. You're trying to find a way to spend time with her. And she'll probably realize that. So the exact words don't really matter. You're just trying to get time together."

Steven

Orrel nodded to Steven, admiring his fighting skill as he did.

"Mmm, I'll be honest, it wasn't my best fight, but what matters is how our class fought together. Dora... I think I disappointed her, honestly. I know she wants someone who can stand against her and, well, I wasn't that person this last fight."

He stretched, before entering into a series of slow practice stances, making sure each position was perfect before moving on to the next one.

"But my class? They fought brilliantly. And I'm proud of them for it. As for you versus Dora... Yes, I look forward to seeing that match, I'll be honest. With the skill both of you possess, it will be well worth keeping an eye on. Watch out for her Arte, when you do fight. It protects her, but also her allies."

It felt slightly strange to be giving him advice for a fight against someone he considered a friend, but he knew that Dora wanted a fight that pushed her to her limits. Having Steven be prepared would only serve to make the fight more worthwhile for her.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: January 31, 2022, 07:19:55 am »

"My, my. Such a shy fan! Well, either that or I was mistaken by a seller of vehicles."
Ricardo squinted, trying to look for any sort of information on where he could find the owner of the letter.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1503 on: January 31, 2022, 05:02:44 pm »

"R-right.

. . . you're sure she won't be upset by me implying she can't take care of them?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: February 01, 2022, 04:27:52 pm »

Delwyn
As Delwyn goes and enjoys the festivities, she runs into Kaede.
"So. That was a fun fight, huh?"

Delwyn earns 300 thalers, a Whetstone, 1 Academy Scrip and a Serapha!
Delwyn gains +1 SKL.
Delwyn gains +15 Hit.

Lin
"Huh. You really talk like Father. He's....not around often, but he loves his weapons. He's a Belgor. Wendigo, specifically. You sound sorta like him when he gets into it."
Katarina pauses.
"Sorry. Odd thing to say. I'm....not used to talking with people. Per insists I....try."

Ricardo
As Ricardo looks up, he sees a massive shape disappear behind a wall. Presumably his fan, too shy to face him directly.

Orrel
Steven half-smiles.

"It's the mark of a true leader to attribute his victories to his peers, not just to himself. Or so that was what my father taught me. And the mark of a great sportsman to praise his opponent."

He sheathes his sword, coming over to watch Orrel work.

"The eyes of Solrise are on you, Orrel, mine included. I can only hope I can prove to be a worthy opponent to someone like you. Both as a fighter and as a leader. Our encounter with the Kuriyama men reminded me that people still see me as some princeling. It's time to remind them of the opposite."

Reeve
She nods.
"Yes, yes. My name's Alya. I was....watching you guys fight. Congratulations on your win! I just happened to be passing through the city and...well, I figured I'd watch."
Spoiler: Activity Point Counter (click to show/hide)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1505 on: February 01, 2022, 06:19:10 pm »

Lin shrugged.
"I dunno. If it's weird I don't really know. Or care, honestly. You're not being an ass and you're not getting in my way." She paused to cast about the room for a moment, hunting down a set of less-worn tools presumably for use on the box she'd set down. "Dunno if I'm the right person to talk to if you want to get used to people. Pretty sure I talk to my hammers more than my friends."
GM of Trespassers V2.

Aurorix

• Bay Watcher
  • Thief Boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: February 01, 2022, 11:34:24 pm »

Astrea
As Astrea leaves, study in hand, she meets Isabeau.
"Hark! I sense in thee....a fellow cultured appreciator. Do you have any idea of when the proprietors of the local bibliotheque will release the sacred text?"
"She's asking if you know when the next issue of Pretty Pretty Spark Kanade is out."
At first Astrea wanted to gush in on the Pretty Pretty Spark Kanade talk but then she realized she was right in front of the library. There's no way she could ever be caught dead associating with something so childish in front of everyone.

"P- Pretty Pretty Spark Kanade? I don't know when its next issue comes out. I haven't kept track of that since I was a kid and I certainly wouldn't know if it was delayed until this Friday due to some printing issues or something akin to that."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: February 03, 2022, 04:18:07 pm »

Lin
"You're no-nonsense. Pointless chatter isn't your thing. Per said you and I might get along."

Astrea
"You don't know? I see. Your most royal Majesty is disappointed to hear that."
"She just told you."
"She did?"
"Yes."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1508 on: February 03, 2022, 08:58:41 pm »

"Makes sense. Never been good at the small talk thing." Lin paused for a moment, glancing down awkwardly as she remembered an earlier conversation. "Uh. . . don't really have much else to say, but I guess I can try it. You mentioned your dad, what's he like? If that's not a weird question."
GM of Trespassers V2.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: February 04, 2022, 12:02:28 am »

Ricardo tilted his head the moment he noticed the shadow.
"Come on now, if you are here to see the Cactus Bandito, there's no need to be shy!"
"Besides, I also do want to see my fan properly!"

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: February 06, 2022, 04:24:01 pm »

Lin
"A very big man. He can be rather....embarassing, though. Having a Wendigo twice your size pick you up and hoist you atop his shoulders like you were still his baby daughter can be somewhat concerning. Yours?"

Ricardo
After a long wait, long enough to convince Ricardo that maybe he saw only a shadow, a giant shape pokes out from the corner. It looks to be one of the students they just beat. Being as he is a Belgor, he practically dwarfs Ricardo both in height and frame.
"....you are....Mister Bandito, sir?"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1511 on: February 06, 2022, 04:36:49 pm »

"Uncle Hansi's nice. Put up with my bullshit when I was younger and found me something to do. Haven't seen him in a while, though, he's busy and Vicky's got more going on that he needs to deal with than me. Hoping he shows up at some point soon, but I won't die if he doesn't."
GM of Trespassers V2.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: February 08, 2022, 10:32:34 pm »

While he heard about his fan before he wasn't exactly expecting -this- figure among the other students to be the one. It was honestly amusing.
"You are correct, amigo!"
"I am guessing you were the one who wrote that letter? You can safely claim you are my biggest fan-literally!"

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: February 09, 2022, 03:34:55 am »

"I didn't hate it," Delwyn said, looking almost surprised at Kaede's question. "Working together with the class, dueling with you. Getting thrown into a tree. It wasn't bad." She hadn't been keen to dwell on the fight, but maybe it was better to decide that she felt good about it, complicated family stuff aside.

"Look at all these stalls though. Were you looking to check out any of them in particular?"

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: February 10, 2022, 02:52:54 pm »

Kruger
As Kruger works at the greenhouse, he finds Ilse.
"You did our countrymen proud, Kruger. Good job. The Starfall students couldn't stop talking about you."
"Is that the case? Well, I'm delighted to hear that I could do their image of how a Wallhaim is supposed to be justice."
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 113