Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 113

Author Topic: FEF: Solrise Academy IC: Chapter 4: The Truesilver Knight  (Read 84447 times)

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Solrise Academy IC: Prologue: Blue Skies and a Battle
« Reply #150 on: August 22, 2020, 11:50:01 am »

As the people were gathering, Kruger notices Arnett being down and depressed. For a second, there is visible confusion in his stare, before Kruger tugs on his scarf and looks at the group properly.

"My, my, class... Despite a chaotic start and neglectable flaws I've seen here and there, this certainly surpassed my grandest imaginations on how we would achieve a favorable impression on this test..."
"It was solely my fault for not setting my expectations higher. I certainly shall rectify that in the future."

Kruger looks down to the ground, tugging his scarf again, this time a few times in a row. After a few seconds of silence, he lets go of his scarf and stands straight, looking at the class with a faint glimmer of pride in his eyes.

"... But for now, all of you, without exception, may bask in my unconditional approval of your achievements. Regardless of what your grades may be next week."

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 22, 2020, 12:08:53 pm »

"I shall keep that in mind Professor" Reeve replied with a short bow, face practically beaming with pride when she returned to a proper standing position. Shortly after, she turned back to her classmates, just as Kruger began speaking, letting the class know that he approved of their victory.

"Well, I already knew we would succeed with flying colors, thanks to our combined skills and our brave volunteer tactician. Leading his companions towards brilliant victory, while carving out his own path within the enemy's hordes, whilst I smote the Great Fiend with my grand prowess" the magical prodigy dramatized, gesturing to the scorched battlefield around them to put emphasis on what she said.

"Regardless, I think a great victory such as this deserves an equally great day of celebration! While Cardew has offered us drinks at the hall, surely there is something we can do as a class to truly memorize this day."
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 22, 2020, 12:29:25 pm »

: "Thank you, Professor Ramsay, sir." Mordecai gazed down at the whetstone in his hand, feeling vindicated. All of the hard work he had put in was finally starting to pay off! There was still a lot more to do, of course.

Ignoring Kruger, the vampire looked around at Reeve's statement.

: "I suppose we could go into town for a celebratory meal, but that might be a little expensive for all of us."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 22, 2020, 12:51:30 pm »

Once she'd wiped away the blood and assembled, Cattleya listened to the teach.
"Thank you, Sir!"
Even a bit disappointed that she hadn't been praised personally, Cattleya couldn't help but smile. That had been really good! She had defeated everthing she'd faced, saved the stupid peasantry, and
"Iiii'd say that went well."
"I'd be happy to get a meal! My tummy is starving!"
To paused a moment to reflect on the battle one more time.
Wow. Using my Arte really hurts.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 22, 2020, 01:00:17 pm »

"The dining hall's got pretty nice food. And where do you think you're going, Arnett? Everyone's sharing in the victory."
Arnett finds himself being grabbed by the upper arm by Kaya, a grin on her face.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 22, 2020, 01:04:03 pm »

He knew the professor was right. His move had been risky. But sometimes that's what you needed to do, especially when innocent lives were on the line. And with two healers nearby, he'd made the best call he could. He couldn't help but feel good about the comparison to Harrigan though. Everyone knew who the best fighter in all of the third years was believed to be, and to be compared to him... He had done himself proud here. Finally.

Kruger was talking again. Acting as if people cared about his approval. He'd been about to chase after Arnett when instead Kaya grabbed his brother. Fair enough. That would be good, getting Arnett interactions with others. He'd leave that for now. Instead... Walking over to Sieglinde, he gave her a small bow.

"I apologize for putting you at risk like that. I underestimated the speed of our enemy and chose a strategy I thought best. Had I realized how fast that fiend was, I would have chosen a better course of action. We all must face risks at some point in our lives, but this was a misstep on my part, not yours. I hope you do not blame yourself for it."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 22, 2020, 01:04:49 pm »

Mus'ad, never being one to turn down the offer of food, nods at the meal idea.
"Indeed, even I could scarce predict how successful we were. I think a bit of a feast would be in order."

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 22, 2020, 01:08:26 pm »

"That was a good call, Kaya. I was perplexed by his sullen mood anyway."

After Orrel talked, he looks at both Sokolov brothers.

"Orrel, do not be that hard to yourself. The fact that you were willing to take that risk involving a beloved blood relative shows that you take great pride - and trust - in your brother's capabilities. He did well, and so did you."

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 22, 2020, 01:09:19 pm »

Delwyn seemed more relaxed than usual once the magical words of "class dismissed" reached her ears. And she hadn't had her name called out - even if it was for praise, it would've been a bother. Sort of like whatever praise Kruger was trying to give.

"Freedom at last. Let me know what you all decide, I'm going ahead." She began walking off, pausing only when she noticed Kaya arresting Arnett in his tracks for doing the same thing.

"Hey, Arnett, were you looking to pick something up from your room too?"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #159 on: August 22, 2020, 01:23:54 pm »

"It's fine." Lin sighed. "I wasn't focused." She made one final adjustment to her leg and rose to her feet once more. The girl shot one glance back at Kruger; her eyes narrowed slightly at him before whatever tension entered her suddenly vanished, leaving her slouching once again.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2020, 01:52:56 pm by Chevaleresse »
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
  • My sole interest is uncovering the truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 22, 2020, 01:24:44 pm »

At the moment, it seemed like Arnett's escape attempts were never going to be successful. However, this one setback did not mean he was going to give up in the future— unfortunately, Kaya was both too quick and too forceful for Arnett to make any sort of ostrich-head-in-the-ground tactics. He jumped slightly, turning to Kaya— fear turning into relief on his face, Kaya was certainly somewhere high up there on the list of 'people Arnett did not want grabbing him' in descending order. That did not mean, however, that he was excited to go to the dining hall.

"I- uh- well, you know, I'm not really..." Not hungry? Yeah, like that was gonna fly. Maybe if he was honest about why he wanted to go to his room? No, he'd probably just get dragged anyway. He couldn't find any sort of compromise— until Delwyn came in with the ultimate bailout. "Y-Yeah! Yeah, I... I was gonna go get my art supplies. I wanted to do some painting— it always helps me calm down a bit after a, um, fight... but I can come down to the dining hall afterward and paint there, if that's okay...!... If, um, you were okay with going together beforehand?" Arnett looked to Delwyn— still paranoid that people wouldn't trust him to not hide out in his room... which he was only paranoid about because that would have been his plan initially.

Raindrop Valkyrie

• Bay Watcher
  • The Heroine!
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 22, 2020, 01:25:55 pm »

Whatever else was being said to Lin was suddenly interrupted by her fellow bandmate charging into the scene. Vicky had known Lin since the two were quite young, the two had known one another a significant portion of their lives. Vicky never truly stopped to count how long it been... it might as well been forvever as far as she was concerned. "Lin, are you okay?" it was easily heard in Vicky's voice, something other than her cheery goofy self. She placed a hand firmly on Lin's shoulder and offered a hand.

Vicky hadn't known been able to do anything about it during the test, she had to hope their medics would do their jobs and evidently they had. She wished she knew who helped out, she wanted to thank them sincerely.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 22, 2020, 01:28:00 pm »

"I reckon we can find some grub."

Rika watched everyone interacting with each other in their various ways. It was interesting to see what the people in this country were like.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 22, 2020, 01:32:21 pm »

"Sure. Mind releasing him for a bit, Kaya? I have to grab my camera on the way to the dining hall, so I might as well go with him."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 22, 2020, 01:38:12 pm »

Kaya seems to buy that completely, almost beaming. How innocent. Or naive.
"Alright, Arnett. I suppose I can let you two go together. But we all did so well, so I feel like we should treat ourselves, you know? You included. Come on, who's with me? I'll go to the dining hall, see you guys there!"

Kaya makes to start heading off to the dining hall, almost with a skip in her step.

[Now Playing: Free Time Theme (Default) ~~Afternoon~~]

Free Time is now in session. All players have five Activity Points. All facilities are accessible.
Spoiler: Location (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sidequests (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Activity Point Counter (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 113