Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 113

Author Topic: FEF: Solrise Academy IC: Chapter 4: The Truesilver Knight  (Read 84445 times)

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
  • My sole interest is uncovering the truth!
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Solrise Academy IC: Prologue: Blue Skies and a Battle
« Reply #135 on: August 21, 2020, 03:02:58 pm »

Surprisingly, Orrel's orders didn't even need to register with Arnett. Once he had seen that Lin was hit and that he was able to sprint over to her, Arnett took off running. He almost tripped over her, but Arnett was able to stop himself just in the nick of time. He knelt down, opening his canister of Alphinite-enriched healing paint and swirling a large brush inside of it.

"Hold still...! I know this is a bit of an unconventional method of healing, but it just makes me feel comfortable..."

With that, Arnett took to swishing the brush across the injuries that Lin accrued from the dark magic onslaught— he was rapid, yet precise as he painted over the injuries. His artistry was nothing to scoff at.

Arnett to L-11, heal Lin

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 21, 2020, 03:44:04 pm »

Standing in front of the burning remains of the Great Fiend, the Angel of Victory spun around to face her class, flourishing her cloak with a wave of her hand that also seemed to cast aside the remaining fire magic present at her fingertips,

"And THAT is how a Fiend is handled: With precision, grace, and power, returning them to naught but ash and molten metal. Not even a replica of a Great Camazotz could stand before my magical prowess, like a lone ember trying to compare to the sun" Reeve postured, placing a hand on her chest as she spoke, seemingly ignoring the continuing battle that raged around her.

"But, it seems we're about done here, thanks to all of your efforts. So let's wrap things up" Reeve added, barely turning around as she pointed a finger in the general direction of a nearby fiend, a ball of fire appearing right at her fingertips.

Reeve INCINERATES attacks Ungoliant K
« Last Edit: August 21, 2020, 06:09:46 pm by GodofGamingRWBY »
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 21, 2020, 07:39:07 pm »

Cattleya panted. She'd done it so far! All enemies that had come before she'd beaten down
"G-good so far."

Ah, there was another! But there was no way she could reach it with her greatsword - instead she'd have to use...

that.

With only the minimum of hesitation, she charged forward, feeling the energy build inside her.

"Grraaaagh!"

She exploded in a flurry of supernatural claw slashes that carved deep grooves in everything around her. The burst of energy took out the window - and indeed the enemy. Swaying on her feet, Cattleya smiled triumphantly.

"Ha! Let that be a lesson not to underestimate Cattleya Chatg-"
"-guuuuurgh"

O13, explode
« Last Edit: August 21, 2020, 07:46:02 pm by GiglameshDespair »
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 21, 2020, 08:08:20 pm »

Arnett, showing surprising initiative, picks up the fallen Belgor.
Quote from: Arnett
(Arnett shuts himself in!)

Arnett revives Lin!
Lin regains 10 HP!

Reeve, for her part, commits even more property damage....
Quote from: Reeve vs. Ungoliant Fiend Automaton K
(Reeve is overconfident...)
(Kaya has summoned the rain!)
(Kaya's Dragon Ward is active!)
(Reeve's brilliance shines bright!)
(Reeve's flames flash over!)

Reeve initiates!
Hit Rate: 87 to hit
Hit: 35, hit!
Critical: 14, crit!
Ungoliant Fiend Automaton K takes 60 damage!

Ungoliant Fiend Automaton K is defeated!
(Reeve's brilliance shines brighter!)

....while a blast of claw-like projections slash through the house, leaving visible slashes and destroying the Camazotz Automaton besieging Kruger. You sense Professor Ramsay would likely be lifting his eyebrow in disapproval, if you could actually see his face. The man has never been known to take his helmet off, even to eat. How, exactly, Professor Ramsay eats in this fashion is a popular subject of rumours among the student body.
Quote from: Cattleya
(There's plenty of room to swing a cat!)

Cattelya uses Clawstorm!
Cattleya is reduced to 1 HP!
Camazotz Fiend Automaton D takes 9 damage!
Camazotz Fiend Automaton D is defeated!
Spoiler: HP (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Map Info (click to show/hide)
XP: 60/100

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 21, 2020, 08:09:57 pm »

Meanwhile on the other side of things, Delwyn gave Mordecai the slightest of smiles.

"You don't know me very well if you're asking if I want to take a break, huh?" She stretched, red lines parting to make room, ignoring the sound of a couple more machines blowing up in the distance.

"We cleared out this side and I even used my Arte. Since we're definitely going to pass, I'm calling it a day." Maybe she was using "we" just a bit loosely in that Mordecai and Reeve had obliterated half a dozen Automata between them, and she'd swung her kama once. Still, good enough, right?

Raindrop Valkyrie

• Bay Watcher
  • The Heroine!
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 22, 2020, 02:07:23 am »

"Ready ta rock~♡" the energetic belgor bounded after Orrel without missing a beat. Vicky was more than happy to play to her heart's content, belting out riffs and lyrics for the whole world to hear was what she lived for. Apparently, so did her allies if the effects her music had on them were any indicator. Rousing the beaten mind with a powerful renewed vigor, her lyrics a balm to the weary soul. Catharsis given form! The little devilress couldn't help but notice that Orrel was hogging her talents all to himself, a rather amusing fact to her.

"Ya know Orrel, if your such a big fan of my music you should've just told me. I'd love ta play for ya and Arnett sometime~♡ I just live upstairs after all, no need ta be shy ya goof. Ooooh, or maybe Arnett is my secret fan but he's too bashful! Ooo, that'd be adorable. You should ask for him, heehee." Vicky's mind tended to wander in the midst of her business. She was always the one to march to her own beat, and to follow her own rhythm no matter how out of place it seemed. And, given Lovey Dovey Metal Devil's success... it was difficult to argue it had no merit. She struck another power chord, her fingers masterfully pulling forth the invigourating song. Her art served to imbue the notes, this time to renew Orrel's energy rather than sharpen his focus. "Row row, Fight the Power~♡" she exclaimed in song, words to seal her intent.

Move to P-16 and perform for Orrel!

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 22, 2020, 06:18:35 am »

Krugers nods while observing the actions of each one.

"That was swift and splendid thinking, Cattleya. Rest up, now. We will handle what's left."

Then, he tugs his scarf once...

"... Please..."

... before staring at the last Automaton left standing and initiating the strike.

Kaya to M-11, heal Kruger.
Kruger attacks Fenris Fiend Automaton F.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 22, 2020, 07:55:33 am »

"I'll get you as far as I can!"

Rika moves to P14 and Warps Orrel to Q12!
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 22, 2020, 10:28:14 am »

All of a sudden, Cattleya just exploded in a burst of energy, leaving herself and one of their enemies out of commission. While she was still on her feet, it didn't seem like she would be for long... Time to end this.

"Ah, come on now Vicky. You know there's something special about your song on the battlefield. I wouldn't want to ruin that by overexposure."

A wink to Rika as he disappeared and then he landed solidly on the other side of the house. One enemy left. Pulling out his fans, he dashed forward, wind starting to gather around the fans as he moved. A slash of the fans and then a blade of wind shot out and smacked into the enemy fiend.

Orrel to P-10, arte the last fiend to death

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 22, 2020, 11:16:57 am »

Vicky's melodic skills reinvigorate Orrel into combat.
Quote from: Vicky
Vicky Performs for Orrel!
Orrel can move again!

Kaya patches up Kruger; while the rain summoned by Kaya has healing properties (on non-Fiends, of course), they were no match for a proper Arcanum healing spell.
Quote from: Kaya
Kaya heals Kruger!
Kruger regains 15 HP!

Kruger's slash is answered with a bite to Kruger's ankles.....
Quote from: Kruger vs. Fenris Fiend Automaton F
(Kaya's Dragon Ward is active!)
(Reeve's Charisma activates!)

Kruger initiates!
Hit Rate: Irrelevant
Hit: Autohit!
Fenris Fiend Automaton F takes 8 damage!

Fenris Fiend Automaton F retaliates!
Hit Rate: 80 to hit
Hit: 44, hit!
Kruger takes 6 damage!

Quote from: Rika
Rika activates Opposite Ends of the World!
Rika loses 15 HP!
Rika warps Orrel!

Quote from: Orrel vs. Fenris Fiend Automaton F
(Kruger's Dragon Ward is active!)
(Orrel dances with the wind!)

Orrel initiates!
Hit Rate: Irrelevant
Hit: Autohit!
Critical: 2, crit!
Fenris Fiend Automaton F takes 48 damage!

Fenris Fiend Automaton F is defeated!
.....which is in turn answered to by two fans slashing the legs off of the Fenris Automaton, Orrel having been teleported to Kruger's aid.

The moment the last Automaton is felled, a loud whistle blast can be heard, cutting through the rain.
"Cease combat! Artes off! The test is over. Get over here for debriefing."

Kaya's rain, shortly after that, peters to a stop.
"It's going to take a bit for the sun to come back. Sorry, guys."

Professor Ramsay strolls across the wreckage, his gigantic frame making even the bits of the giant Automaton Reeve set aflame look tiny. He looks around, studying Class 3-F and waiting for them to gather in front of him.
"Sokolov, your gambit to take on the giant Automaton was risky, leaving Weylan out there like that. But, you recognised that you had failsafes for that, and remained calm. A quality you will need in the field. Your personal fighting skills were good. You and Harrigan....quite the fighters."
He turns to Mordecai and Kruger.
"You two did well in regards to your individual talents. Wallhaim, good thinking on using your Arte like that. It's a simple use for it, but simple uses for Artes are often overlooked. Hoth, your Arcana Theory scores were among the highest in the year. I expected you to put your skills to practice, and you did. The rest of you, well done."
He then turns to Reeve.
"Polyion, your overconfidence is risky. Be more careful. But....you did perform well to take down the giant Automaton. Myself and Professor Estelle had worked on it provide a challenge to you students. Well done. You will receive your grades on this by 5 pm today. Next week, we will be reviewing your performances today to see what you could improve. Class 3-F, dismissed."
Orrel, Kruger, Reeve and Mordecai receive a Whetstone!
Reeve receives an Evasion Ring!
The Class receives 2200 Thalers!

~~~~Map Complete!~~~~
XP: 98/100

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 22, 2020, 11:25:20 am »

"Very well. Thank you for all the effort, Professor Ramsay, it was a splendid experience."

Kruger turns around to the rest of the class, but opts to remain silent. For the moment, at least.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 22, 2020, 11:26:58 am »

"Yessir."

Rika breathed a sigh of relief. At least Kaya's rain had sucked some of the humidity out of the air and cooled things off a little.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
  • My sole interest is uncovering the truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 22, 2020, 11:30:31 am »

Though Arnett was finally getting started, the battle had ended— wait, really? Just like that? Trying not to pout too much, Arnett took the rest of the time to carefully paint over Lin's wounds. Once it had looked like they had closed up, he gave a nod to Lin as he did his best to help her up so that the two could make it back. In the meantime, Arnett made a bit of a fuss about smacking his brush inside of an empty container; specks of unused paint flying off of the brush as his face seemed to have some difficulty with this portable container. He did this for a while until the brush was just slightly moistened with paint, then rubbed the rest out with a cloth, saving the residue.

As expected, Arnett was very unhappy with the remaining results— especially to hear about individual performances and the implication of separate grades. Yep. This was it. He could already see it— Arnett Sokolov, failed because he managed to achieve basically nothing and the one thing he did, he did when the battle was already over. With a quiet sigh to himself, Arnett silently dismissed himself before one of the many things (including being noticed in general) that he didn't want to happen happened.

At least the rain felt nice.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2020, 11:38:14 am by RedMageCole »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 22, 2020, 11:42:58 am »

Mus'ad had listened in silence after approaching Professor Ramsay with the rest of the class. He inwardly sighed when no mention of himself came up, worrying slightly about how his grades might be affected, before shrugging it off. He'd worry when he got the results back he supposed. For now, he decided to just see what his classmates had to say. After all, someone surely was going to make a bit of of a scene, he didn't even need his arte to know that.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #149 on: August 22, 2020, 11:45:03 am »

"Thanks." Lin mumbled the word almost inaudibly as Arnett patched her up. She didn't look at the professor as he gave out his assessments; Lin was well aware of how her performance had gone. She watched Arnett turn to leave, then elected to do the same after a moment. The belgor only made it a few steps before she realized the tumble she'd taken had knocked a few things out of alignment; Sieglinde sighed and knelt down once more to ensure everything returned to its place.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 113