Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 113

Author Topic: FEF: Solrise Academy IC: Chapter 4: The Truesilver Knight  (Read 84500 times)

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Solrise Academy IC: Chapter 2: Rite of Passage
« Reply #1320 on: August 10, 2021, 04:05:34 pm »

"As Miss Polyion said, Professor, there were intruders on the ground. They were after Kuriyama, I believe trying to take her back home against her will, as well as harass Harvey into abandoning his relationship with her. Their harassing was turning into threats when Kuriyama and I arrived, forcing us into action. There are others, too. Back at the Union room, or at least there were. We would have found a professor, but there was no time and the safety of students was at risk."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: August 25, 2021, 05:01:07 am »

Professor Greyhame studies the men on the ground, looking between them, Orrel and Reeve, before strolling over and picking up the remaining conscious man, a red welt on his head where Orrel struck him with a fan and picking him up by the scruff of his neck like an errant cat.

The Kuriyama man seems to recognise the old warrior and cringes.
"P-Professor? Professor Greyhame? S-sir! Don't hurt me! I swear, I wasn't...."
"....Takeru, I see. I am disappointed. I'd thought you were better than this. Top of your class, too."

He turns to the students.
"I'll handle these invaders. Professor Estelle should be here shortly. You children, get some rest. You deserve it"

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: August 26, 2021, 02:09:11 pm »

"Yes sir."

Orrel nodded to the professor, turned, smiled at those who had joined him and then gestured in the general direction of the dining hall.

"Anyone else up for a quick snack?"

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: September 07, 2021, 07:26:55 pm »

"Unfortunately not, Orrel. I have something to check up on. You remember that man who called himself Justice?"

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: September 08, 2021, 11:24:08 pm »

A frown, a clenched fist, two quick signs of emotion that slipped through before Orrel caught himself and nodded.

"I find it quite hard to forget him and his companions. Him especially though. We... Well. I'm afraid the two of us are more similar than I would like to think. And his father knew my father. Served under him if I understand what he was hinting at. Probably got killed at the same time... But that's neither here nor there. Point is, I remember the man, yes. "

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: September 11, 2021, 05:28:13 pm »

Steven nodded slowly.
"I have some investigation to do about the incidents he mentioned. Rest assured, Orrel, I'll share the results with you when I find out more, but..."
He clenches his fist.
"The Harrigan family has served the Elerian Order for a long time. As such, I feel a certain duty to make sure whatever issue it is, it should be rooted out, not just because of our history, but as my pride as a man."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Solrise Academy IC: Chapter 3: Blazing Hearts
« Reply #1326 on: September 20, 2021, 02:24:19 pm »

Chapter 3: Blazing Hearts

Every year, the Solrise Academy Intra-Class Exhibition Tournament is held in the middle of the year. The first such tournaments were held in the days when the academy was a more military institution, and were affairs meant to arouse competitive spirit in Elerian Order initiates to encourage the development of their skills. As time passed, and the Academy became more open to the public and civilians, spectators from outside were allowed to witness the fights. As the Elerian Order became more dependent on civilian funding, the fights became less about skill development and more about showing off the talents of the students, in order to attract funding and more potential students to the academies. Nowadays, the Exhibition Tournament is a great tourist attraction for the city of Barminster, and the Academy itself; every year, for a few weeks while the Tournament is active, the campus is open to students from abroad and the public alike. The only other time the Academy campus is equally as open is during the traditional Winter Ball, where students from other Elerian Academies are invited to a celebration of the Academy's founding.

For now, of course, the Tournament is far more concerning.

It's about ten thirty in the morning, and the campus is buzzing with activity.

The first year students are putting up stalls to sell refreshments, Professor Ramsay having deployed some odd little Automata to help carry products and materials to the stalls. Professor Ververs can be seen guiding a group of students from Starfell Academy around the area, showing the campus off. Joel and Himiko walk past, happily talking to each other about what they'll do after their fight is over. And right now, you're waiting for the announcements of the seeding for the tournament; as this year, there are only three combat classes in the third year, the tournament will be fought in a round-robin style, with each class fighting each other and the winning class winning the most fights.

This year, you're well aware of the chatter about this year's fights. After all, this year has some amazing students. Between Felix, Theodora, Orrel, Reeve, Christine and the new girl Isabeau, a small but rapidly expanding betting ring has begun taking money to see who wins.

Professor Estelle approaches the class, another student in tow.
"Ah. There you are. Just to inform you, we're taking another student on from the General Course. Ricardo Rosseau. I know this is rather short notice, but....the paperwork was only recently completed to finish his transfer. Please, treat him well."

The sidequests 'Cats at Play' and 'Love is War: Epilogue' are complete.
Class 3-F receives 2500 thalers and an Alphinite Ring.
Ricardo has joined the class and may post.

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
  • My sole interest is uncovering the truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: September 20, 2021, 02:57:07 pm »

Arnett was in noticeably lesser spirits as of late. Arnett was already pretty timid when all was said and done, but this was especially bad. He had no sort of combat prowess to his name whatsoever at the current moment, and would have to fight using his Imago... against, as far as he's heard chatter (that he reluctantly agreed with) of, much more talented students who were sure to have stronger combat capabilities than him. He had been trying to learn even a little bit of magic as self-defense, but the piddly sparks that he's managed to come up with would be basically worthless in the tournament.

He wanted to save himself and his opponent the trouble by dropping out, but that would be even worse than him getting knocked out in the first round. At least he could say he tried... but being willing to try was becoming even harder and harder the more he heard about students being confident enough to bet on basically anyone but him. They weren't wrong, but it didn't exactly make him more enthusiastic to try and impress anybody. At least he had already gotten used to people saying 'Sokolov' and not referring to him.

The only plus side is that he had gotten better about hiding his emotions. Not exactly healthy, but he'd much rather deal with that than have others pitying him. The last thing he needed was for the comfort— he had been getting too complacent about letting others comfort him. Comfort doesn't exist in combat.

Comfort doesn't exist in combat...

As always, Arnett stayed quiet around the class— he only briefly glanced up at Ricardo to see him, but had to quickly go back to considering his thoughts. Namely, wondering how much power he could get out of his Arte if his Imago managed to last just three rounds... and if whoever patched them up in between rounds could treat bad cases of nausea.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2021, 08:29:56 am by RedMageCole »

Aurorix

• Bay Watcher
  • Thief Boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: September 20, 2021, 04:26:00 pm »

"HELL YEA! I'm not the newest member of the class anymore! Woohoo!" Astrea cheered silently in her mind Ricardo made his way into the classed. Her straight face & the mask made concealing this much easier. She had to make sure to put up a good show today. Not just for her classmates but to also show her no good family what's for. She'll make her own legacy rather than be complacent in her family's bloodstained and shameful one. J-just need to make sure she doesn't get in anyone's way... or holds someone back... Oh Sculptor...

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: September 21, 2021, 12:49:46 pm »

Arnett suddenly found himself getting his hair ruffled and if he looked up he would see Orrel, not looking down at him, clearly trying not to draw attention to his brother while still providing a little bit of comfort and affection. No matter how his brother tried, Orrel knew him too well for him to fully hide his emotions. Besides, with the tournament happening, it was obvious the young painter would be nervous.

"Always glad to have more classmates. Welcome to the group."

He smiled and nodded to their newest member before quickly squeezing Arnett's shoulder and moving away from his brother more into the center of their group.

"Right then. Most of us have fought together quite a bit at this point. We've fought with and against some of our opponents, so we know their styles. We can win this, you know it as well as I do. All we have to do is keep up the teamwork that's served us so well up to this point. We've got this."

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
  • My sole interest is uncovering the truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: September 21, 2021, 12:57:08 pm »

A brief reprieve, then a sense of frustration with himself, was what happened to Arnett when Orrel came in with the hair ruffling. It was enough to make him crack a smile, at least— but he couldn't help but wish he had done a little better with hiding his fear. He quietly walked over with Orrel, hoping to hear good words of advice... only to be caught completely off guard.

"Wait— teamwork? But—" Arnett thought back to the instructions of the tournament. Oh... wait... by classes, they meant the whole class? That... figured. Arnett had to hold back a sigh at his own inability to pay attention to actual instructions correctly— he had been paying too much attention to the people placing bets based on the individual and letting that get him down.

"I-I mean- uh- yeah!" Arnett switched gears, thankfully at least getting his confidence back now that he knew he wasn't going to be thrown directly into the fray. "Yeah, we got this- I just wish people would stop betting actual money on us..." Though Arnett felt better that he wasn't getting singled out as a weakling anymore, there was still fears of letting people down.

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: September 21, 2021, 07:04:11 pm »

At long last, the day of challenge. Reeve was well acquainted with the Exhibition Tournament and what it entailed, and she had eagerly awaited this chance. Thus far, her only chances to showoff have been through small public displays and the occasional Fiend eradication. Now though, there was a full tournament, a spectacle that brought travelers from far and wide to the academy. Reeve wouldn't have been surprised if her parents even chose to make an appearance for this.

It was the perfect chance to make herself known. Today, the world would be aware of the greatness of the Angel of Flame.

... Of course, for now, she had to wait for the seedings of the tournament. And what better way of welcoming their new compatriot to the fold?

"Ricardo Rosseau? What a fascinating name for one who dons such a spectacular outfit. I take it you're a performer of some kind, correct?"
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: September 22, 2021, 03:21:38 am »

Since it is the day of the tournament, Kruger was already in combat gear instead of his usual standard-issue uniform that only he seems to voluntarily wear during class. Something seemed odd though. He was no stranger to fighting and seems comfortable on the battlefield, but today there was sweat forming on his face and neck.

"..."

His sweating intensifies whenever he dared a peek out of the class' window towards the campus, and an attentive classmate might figure out that he became the most nervous whenever a young man or woman wearing the Starfall uniform, or at least its insignia, became visible.

At the very least, the appearance of Professor Estelle and the new student managed to distract him enough to cease his excessive sweating for the moment. He elegantly patted his face with his personal handkerchief (the Wallhaim's family crest stitched into it, of course), put it away and marched towards Ricardo.

"Now, now, Reeve, that sort of question is improper manner for a first greeting."
"... Although he does carry a guitar on the day of the tournament. It's a reasonable assumption at the very least."
"Welcome to 3-F, Mr. Rosseau. In case you haven't been informed already, Cayetana Morgan is our class representative, so entrust yourself to her whenever you require assistance or wish to state an issue."

He waved his hand in Kaya's direction for emphasis.

"With all the necessities being dealt with, allow me to introduce myself, and get you up to speed considering the imminence of the tournament: I am Kruger Ludwig Wallhaim. You may call me Kruger for short. I am one of the class' frontliners and my Arte allows me to amplify my voice's volume."
That he can also displace his voice, that detail he was keeping for himself. In his mind, it would make him look like a ventriloquist to strangers and he preferred to not be seen as having a street performer's ability.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: September 22, 2021, 03:28:56 am »

Rika, for her part, was merely playing with a pencil and staring out into space, barely paying attention. She didn't really want to compete against her old classmates, but maybe it would be nice to see them again.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2021, 12:26:59 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1334 on: September 22, 2021, 10:03:24 pm »

Lin couldn't help but feel a bit annoyed. They were already barely used to having Astrea around, and now some... weird green guy was supposed to slot in on the day of the tournament? She hated having things changed under her like this.

"Uh. Lin." An awkward pause. "Stay away from me unless your stuff's fire resistant."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 113