Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 113

Author Topic: FEF: Solrise Academy IC: Chapter 4: The Truesilver Knight  (Read 84514 times)

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Solrise Academy IC: Chapter 2: Rite of Passage
« Reply #1290 on: May 31, 2021, 08:15:14 pm »

Mordecai

For a moment, Reeve opened her mouth to continue her apology... Only to close it when the words she wanted to say came to her mind. If he was fine with it, then she had no reason to keep going. Though she had seen the suffering of many during her early years of travel, it was difficult for Reeve to properly relate to such a tragedy.

Thankfully, she didn't have to stay on that line of thought for long as the two made it to their second destination, the butcher shop, naturally taking a quick step to the side,

"Thank you for the offer. I'll stay out here for now, it's more of the smell that bothers me."
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: June 08, 2021, 05:14:52 pm »

Rika
Maria blushes as she receives the chocolate.
"....materials? Did she say anything specific?"

Astrea
"That....wouldn't bother you?"

Orrel
Orrel continues making his way into the Union room, looking around to see if there were intruders....

...and narrowly avoids a now-unconscious man in all-black being slammed into the door by Himiko, a ruler in her hand and a very angry expression on her face.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: June 08, 2021, 08:32:39 pm »

Rika tilted her head to the side and thought about everything Ilse had told her.

"Hmm. She said she needed materials for her lab partner's dissertation or something like that? And that she was supposed to coordinating with a field team?"

"Well, she said y'all'd know what she needed for it. All that alchemy stuff's over my head."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: June 08, 2021, 08:55:52 pm »

Lin

Personally, Mordecai had doubts about redirecting the energy he tapped. His arte was so strongly focused inward that trying to force collected life energy to another being might cause more harm than good. Which might actually come in handy if it could be adapted for attack purposes...well, he'd leave it in Lin's capable hands.

: "Nothing much. All I ask is that you try to keep the tome's characteristics somewhat like ordinary Dark tomes. Something extremely light or extremely heavy could throw me off stride. Same if it's considerably stronger or weaker than others of its type."

Reeve

: "Understood. I won't be long."

The vampire darted through the slaughterhouse's front door, which was unlocked despite a "Closed" sign hanging in the window, and ducked behind the counter where the owner would usually stand during business hours. There, he found his goal for the night: a pint glass filled nearly to the brim with blood, fresh from the day's processing.

It was fortunate that Solrise Academy was willing to accommodate Mordecai's needs this way. Like all vampires, Mordecai was required to drink blood regularly. The generous portions of food served at school helped minimize the amount he needed, but no matter how much he ate he would eventually go mad and perish without the crimson liquid. Mordecai had made this requirement explicitly clear in his application letters, and miracle of miracles the school came through. They had hammered out a deal with the owner of this particular slaughterhouse to keep their first (or at least, only current) vampire student healthy.

Not, Mordecai mused as he drank from the glass, that the owner of the place wanted him that way. He and Mordecai detested each other, and chances were they always would. Fortunately the owner chose to take Academy money over turning his considerable cleaver skills on the "demonspawn", as he had once threatened to do.

Mindful of the fact that he had company on this venture for once, Mordecai drank the pint of blood down quickly rather than take a few minutes to savor the experience. Careful to wipe his face clean, he replaced the pint behind the counter and returned outside.

: "Sorry for the wait. Now then, I believe I owe you one. Any place in particular you'd like to go?"
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Aurorix

• Bay Watcher
  • Thief Boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: June 09, 2021, 02:42:28 am »

"I'm not bothered at all. If it would bother me, I wouldn't have offered."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1295 on: June 11, 2021, 09:33:54 pm »

Mordecai

"Got it. That should be plenty doable. I usually take my gear nice and heavy, but lots of people are asking for more precision stuff, so I can do something like that with your tome. Dunno how much all the Arte fiddly parts are going to weigh, though." Lin shrugged. "Also, mind my hammers. Whatever happens to them while I'm not there, happens to the person that was there when it did." It was difficult to tell how serious she was.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Solrise Academy IC: Prologue: Blue Skies and a Battle
« Reply #1296 on: June 20, 2021, 03:42:35 pm »

Orrel paused for a split second, looking at the unconscious man, and then nodded.

"Well. It seems like you have this one solidly in hand. Any others in there that you need help with?"

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: June 25, 2021, 03:35:11 pm »

Rika
Maria snaps her fingers.
"Ah! Yes, the team in Rheinberg. They needed it for the research into the biomedical applications of Alphinite. Ah, I remember now, thank you. Theodora, if you'd excuse me for one minute..."
She strides over to the corner of the ring, where a small, steel strongbox is placed, picking it up. The Dracis woman strides back over to Rika, handing her the box.
"Please, take this to Maria and tell her I appreciate the chocolates. Although....she's still rather shy, isn't she, making you do it for her?"

Astrea
Katarina considers everything for a moment.
"...okay."

Orrel
Himiko ignores Orrel for a moment, as she calmly walks over to the unconscious man, moving his legs aside, before aiming a swift kick into his groin. The man lets out a soft groan of pain, before Himiko turns to Orrel.
"Please, come with me. Joel's in trouble if my family's men got in here. He should be in the central hall."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: June 25, 2021, 03:40:18 pm »

"Everybody moves at their own pace. Long as you're both fine with it, I don't see a problem. Thanks for the box, and I'll let her know."

Rika gave Maria a thumbs up and trotted off to go find Ilse again, starting with the alchemy lab.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: June 25, 2021, 05:25:00 pm »

Kaya, Stephanie

In yet another miraculous turn of fate, Reeve managed to lead the trio, including herself, to the library, quietly opening the doors as dramatically as she could as she stepped into the large hall of knowledge,

"And here we are, the grand library of Solrise. Our elusive noble should be somewhere here" Reeve commented as she strolled in, not taking any care for the volume of her voice as she immediately began searching the grounds for Steven. He was pretty easy to spot, so it shouldn't have been too hard to find him.
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: June 25, 2021, 10:40:41 pm »

Orrel winced slightly, impressed though by her cool manner and how she kept her head in the crisis. Not that he expected anything less, but it was still always good to see a fellow student handle themselves well.

"Easy enough. To the central hall we go. I'll follow behind you and keep an eye out for any others who might be looking to cause trouble. I'm sorry that you have to deal with this."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: July 08, 2021, 12:39:18 pm »

Rika
Maria nods.
"Thank you so much for the help, Rika."

Rika, indeed, finds Ilse in the alchemy lab, hard at work already.

Orrel
Himiko sighs.
"It is no problem, Orrel. I only wish it didn't have to come to this."

Reeve
Reeve, indeed, finds a Steven.

Specifically, a Steven looking surprisingly stern (even for normal Steven), rushing out with a bag of books in his hand and his sword already drawn.
"Stevie? Why so-"
"There are invaders in our school. Polyion, Kaya, Steph....would you care to assist me in repelling them? I'm sure Himiko and Joel would appreciate our assistance."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: July 08, 2021, 01:07:32 pm »

"No problem, Maria. Y'all take care of yourself."

Rika went back to the alchemy lab and found Ilse. The woman was busy, so she just sort of hovered nearby until she looked less busy.

"Hey. Gotcha your box. Maria said thanks for the chocolates, by the by."

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
  • My sole interest is uncovering the truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: July 08, 2021, 01:11:56 pm »

Arnett

"If you want. But you should still talk to the nurse about it in case there's some internal problems you don't know about. The doctors here are okay." Lin shrugged. "I won't tell, but you probably should, honestly. If it puts you out, people should know what happened. They'll freak out otherwise. Scattered flashes of her memory appeared unbidden, lured out by that thought. Lin had given Uncle Hansi a heart attack the first time her Arte made her pass out, and that had only been the beginning.

Arnett looked... very uncertain about Lin's suggestions.

"Um... I'll- I'll go talk to the nurse," Arnett spoke quietly, however he didn't say much else besides an avoidant look at the ground about telling. He shuddered to think about what everyone, especially Orrel, would think about him. He didn't want people to worry about him on the battlefield every single time he had to give up some power— he desired independence. "...M... maybe another time," was all Arnett whispered in response after a brief pause.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1304 on: July 08, 2021, 01:32:32 pm »

"Up to you." Lin watched Arnett for a moment, clearly puzzling through whether she should say anything else. Even she could tell he wasn't exactly chomping at the bit to go announce it to everyone. "Mostly, I don't wanna tell them. If you fall over for no reason, I'm not going to lie about what happened. I'm bad at that. Sorry." She shrugged again, looking down slightly. "It sucks, but sometimes that's just what happens. Not like I want to broadcast all the awful shit my Arte does to me."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 113