Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 113

Author Topic: FEF: Solrise Academy IC: Chapter 4: The Truesilver Knight  (Read 84526 times)

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Solrise Academy IC: Chapter 2: Rite of Passage
« Reply #1245 on: May 11, 2021, 12:40:07 pm »

Lin

"That is fair enough. Then, for the cheesy answer..."

Kruger starts to smile.

"Only you have the power to decide what your life was for you. But the people in your life will certainly influence that decision greatly."
"... Pretty cheesy, I know... Now, for the serious answer."

His smile dissipates, leaving behind a serious, no-nonsense gaze.

"Only you have the power to decide what your life was for you. But the people in your life will certainly influence that decision greatly."
"..."
"No, I'm not pulling your leg, Lin. The tone makes a major difference, even if the wording is the same. Both are valid. It is your choice which approach you want to take to determine the quality of your life experiences."
"... In that regard, we are quite the same however. We don't know which of these approaches we should take in the first place, even though we can rationally evaluate what happened in our lives..."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1246 on: May 11, 2021, 01:00:03 pm »

Kruger

Lin stared at Kruger for a moment, searching for something in his expression. She gave up after a few moments of not finding it, and returned to looking at the statue.

"So yeah, I still don't know. I guess I've met good people, and I can figure most of the individual stuff, but that still doesn't add it all up for me." Lin sighed, though the frustration didn't seem to actually be directed at Kruger. "Too much weird stuff in both directions. And then you've got these bastards mixing everything up for me again. . ."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: May 11, 2021, 01:12:19 pm »

Lin

"Not only in two, there is much weird stuff in all directions."

He, too, looks at the statue.

"One of the weirdest things being... why didn't the Sculptor cover all the lands with enough Alphinite to permanently repel the Calamities and Fiends? Are we the response to an honest mistake, or the heritage of an untold plan?"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1248 on: May 11, 2021, 01:20:25 pm »

"I think the better question is why there are Calamities and Fiends at all. Wouldn't need Alphinite if there were no gribbly things trying to get a second helping. If that's even what happened." Lin shook her head again. "Who knows? If you want answers to why the Sculptor did this or that, you came to the wrong blacksmith. All I've got are more questions."
« Last Edit: May 11, 2021, 02:17:51 pm by Chevaleresse »
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: May 11, 2021, 02:16:41 pm »

Lin

"... And we'll be solving them one at a time as they come. And despite everything, the most important question for us should be "Will I graduate?" and the answer to that ideally should be "Yes and with great grades to boot". Other questions we may have are out of our reach at the moment. We can only ponder, but not come to a solution. It's unavoidable, but inefficient."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1250 on: May 11, 2021, 02:22:30 pm »

"I guess. Graduating isn't as important to me as what I do after, though." Her expression shifted, perking up as she remembered something. "Speaking of, I do have some other important questions. If someone put together an ideal weapon for you, what would it be like?"
« Last Edit: May 11, 2021, 03:41:41 pm by Chevaleresse »
GM of Trespassers V2.

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: May 11, 2021, 02:29:02 pm »

Lin

"An ornamental yet durable rapier that can channel my voice and focus what little Alphinite my Artes-empowered voice would carry towards the people I'm sending said voice to so they can fight Fiends even more effectively."

That was surprisingly fast for such a detailed answer.

"You might have already done that given your proficiency, but... Same question to you. What would your ideal weapon look like?"

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: May 11, 2021, 03:14:48 pm »

Rika
Nobody responds at the door for a moment.

After a bit, the scent of alchemical reagents fades and the door opens enough to admit someone's head poking in sideways.
"Good afternoon. Are you looking for information on the current whereabouts of Maria Silverman?"
Her voice sounds flat and....mechanical.

Kruger
After a while, Kruger finds Professor Estelle at the librarian's desk.

"Hello, Kruger. How can I....the history of Cuauila and Huraw?"
"Can I ask what the presentation is on, by any chance? It's rare that presentations would be asked to be given on somewhere like Huraw."

Astrea
At the mention of that name, Katarina pauses.
"...Kat, does it have to do with-"
"...you meant Alya, right? What did she look like? Did she say where she was from? What did she tell you?"

Mordecai
Professor Ververs giggles some more.
"Goodness. I see that's how you youngsters are doing that sort of thing nowadays. Do you, by any chance, do anything else with Reeve? Do indulge me; an old lady like myself has to have a hobby."

Arnett
Annika takes out a bun and plops it into Arnett's hand.
"Here, try one!"

Mus'ad
"Why? Whatdoyoumeanitwasyourfault?"

Reeve
"Steven? Oh, um....well, I don't know where he is now, but...last I saw, he was headed to the library."
"What say we pay him a little visit, huh? Us three like old times. And Reeve here, of course."

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: May 11, 2021, 03:33:39 pm »

Library

"As I have implied, it would be on the history of these two places. I believe I also mentioned they would be voluntary presentations for extra credit, it was not an assignment given to me."
"... That, actually, is a lie. I cannot tell falsehoods to you, Professor Estelle. You've done a lot for our class. Even if it's your duty, it would feel wrong to repay such diligence with foul play."

Kruger was unsure how much he could tell in a place where other students who may or may not be allowed to know something could potentially overhear them. But there was a way to convey such information to someone who was present in Blackby, too...

"The truth is, in the recent past, one of them mentioned a certain place that is deeply interwoven with the Order's history, in the same breath as these two places. Yet until then, I had no reason to find a connection between them. Obviously, I am pondering about what happened there since that fateful moment."
"Even when I will keep my distance to them and not actively pursue them, can I be blamed for wishing to know why these three places are apparently connected, Professor Estelle?"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1254 on: May 11, 2021, 03:46:07 pm »

Kruger

"I've already got plans drawn up. Big axe, weighted so I can still mostly use it one-handed. Treated Alphinite core for focusing spells and my Arte. It burns the air, makes it hard to run away from me. Made to take as much of a beating as I can and then some." She tilted her head at Kruger. "I didn't expect you to have something ready like that."
GM of Trespassers V2.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: May 11, 2021, 08:00:26 pm »

"Howdy there. Ilse sent these along and said she needed 'something' and that you'd know what it is."

She held out the journal and the box of chocolates.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
  • My sole interest is uncovering the truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: May 11, 2021, 09:24:55 pm »

Lin

"Ah-... well..." Arnett's voice lowered to a hush. "D-... don't tell anyone I told you this, okay? I-I don't even think Orrel knows, um..." Arnett fidgets for a moment before speaking. "My, um, Arte... it, um... makes me feel really nauseous. I've never really used it past twice in a row, but I've gotten... really close to actually throwing up, which I... think might happen if I ever pushed it to a third use. Is... is there a way to maybe... I don't know... lessen it?" Suddenly, Arnett felt really stupid about saying anything.

Annika

Arnett was a little shocked, but thankful that Annika pushed the treat into his hands before he could argue the point. Trying not to be timid, Arnett took a big bite out of the cinnamon bun— silently praying that Annika's mom was good at baking. And that he actually liked cinnamon buns after all.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1257 on: May 12, 2021, 06:19:38 am »

Arnett

"It's possible. I wanted to try something like that for Chatgeant, so I can give it a shot for yours. Your Arte is a little weirder, so it'll probably be harder, but I think I can pull it off." Lin shrugged, seemingly blind to Arnett's fidgeting.
GM of Trespassers V2.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: May 12, 2021, 08:12:23 am »

"Right, ok. Himiko and Joel. They're likely to be together? You know them better than me. Would it make more sense to split up? Either way, I'm on it. We've all got to stick together here, right?"

He waited for confirmation on if the two were likely to be together before starting to head off in search of the two students.

Aurorix

• Bay Watcher
  • Thief Boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: May 12, 2021, 12:30:37 pm »

Lake

"Y-yes, that's who I meant. She covered most of her face but she did have pink hair and green eyes I believe. She didn't really say where she was from other than being a sight seeing traveler. The only thing of note she said was her asking about you in-particular Katarina, said you looked familiar. She helped us in the fight so I didn't want to pry too much, but perhaps that was a mistake. Yea looking back..." She pauses to put her hand under her chin,

"That behavior was most suspicious."
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 113