Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 113

Author Topic: FEF: Solrise Academy IC: Chapter 4: The Truesilver Knight  (Read 84527 times)

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Solrise Academy IC: Chapter 2: Rite of Passage
« Reply #1230 on: May 08, 2021, 01:46:49 pm »

Mordecai

"Wait, why wouldn't you mention the last battle? That was a day where we showed our valor and skill. Wouldn't your mother love to hear about it?" Reeve asked with a slight tilt to her head. She, truthfully, couldn't comprehend why Mordecai wouldn't want to share the details of their encounter with the Seekers.  There wasn't any shame to it, after all, considering they had won.
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: May 08, 2021, 04:31:43 pm »

Reeve

Mordecai had finished paying the clerk and handing over the letter while Reeve was talking. It gave him a bit of time to decide on his response.

: "Ever since my father died, mother hasn't liked the idea of me battling Fiends. She knows that's what Knights do, so it wouldn't be a complete shock to find out what we've done, but she was under the impression that we'd actually finish school before going up against any live specimens. Add in the fact that we got caught up in some sort of conspiracy AND that the teachers were staying hands-off to see how we'd do, and she'd probably faint. Then come straight here to pull me out of school, heh." The vampire's laugh wasn't particularly convincing. A moment later, a thought occurred to him.

: "Hang on, you sounded surprised. Don't tell me you told your parents about it all. Won't they be worried?"
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: May 10, 2021, 11:57:41 pm »

Mus'ad
"Huh? Disagreement? Didyouguysgetintoabigfight? Areyouokay?"

The scalely seer shakes his head with a sigh.
"Oh, it was nothing so dramatic. I just took issue with him conversing with an enemy and snapped at him. It was entirely my fault."
Mus'ad slicks his hair back with his hand as he shakes his head.

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: May 11, 2021, 09:52:59 am »

Mordecai

"Oh, I haven't yet. I've been too busy to send a letter home, but if I did, I doubt they'd be worried. The most that would happen is them being annoyed by how much 'attention I'm drawing to myself'" Reeve replied, waving her hand as if she was waving away his worries, voice dropping to a slightly deeper tone as she attempted to mimic her parent's words,

"My parents and I didn't really part on good terms. They're not supporters of the Order, and the fact that I decided to enroll at the Academy was a big problem. Still, I'm sure they're keeping an eye out for any news related to me, watching as I progress to my ultimate goal."

"... Although, I didn't know about your father. I suppose the Fiends must have had a hand in that, didn't they?"
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1234 on: May 11, 2021, 10:20:19 am »

Kruger

Lin found herself standing in the midst of the shrine to the Sculptor, staring up at the marble face of the statue at its center. She wasn't usually the type to spend much time here, but she'd been thinking a lot lately, something that showed on her face. Her notepad was held loosely in her left hand, almost as if she'd forgotten it was there, as her gaze seemed to move past the statue to some unknown space beyond.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: May 11, 2021, 10:47:40 am »

Lin

Kruger approaches the Sculptor's shrine, intending to offer a prayer and meditating about what happened in Blackby. To his mild surprise and even milder enjoyment, he sees Lin in the shrine as well. Without trying to be sneaky or anything like that, he moves towards Lin from behind until he comes to a stop next to her.

"At the risk of lightly blaspheming, this depiction of the Sculptor is truly beautiful, isn't it?"
"I even would say... intimidatingly so."

He shifts his view towards Lin herself.

"Such is the distance between the divine and the mortal. A distance your eyes seemed to attempt to bridge just now."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1236 on: May 11, 2021, 11:15:11 am »

"Huh?" Lin blinked; it had taken her a moment to process that she'd been spoken to, and another to cast her eyes toward Kruger. "Oh. Hi." She looked back up. "I don't really know. I don't think I'm bridging anything right now. Just thinking, I guess."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: May 11, 2021, 11:29:21 am »

Lin

"Hope I didn't disturb a possible flash of brilliance then. Greetings, Lin."

Kruger takes another look at the statue of the Sculptor, standing in a respectful stance.

"Seeing this... It sometimes makes me wonder, if there would ever be a statue of me, would it show me as I am, or show a stranger people believe would be me... and which of these results would offend me more, if at all?"
"Such thoughts are frustrating, to say the least."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1238 on: May 11, 2021, 11:35:31 am »

Kruger

The blacksmith shrugged without looking down.

"Probably the second one. People see what they wanna see." She stayed quiet for a moment before speaking again. "I still don't know if I'm supposed to see someone I should be thanking or yelling at here."
GM of Trespassers V2.

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: May 11, 2021, 11:46:29 am »

Lin

"I doubt you are talking about the Sculptor in this case..."

He slowly turns towards Lin.

"If you have to yell at me, please do so, Lin. I apprechiate your direct nature a lot, it is very refreshing to me."
"... Maybe not here in the shrine, though. That would be rather inappropriate."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1240 on: May 11, 2021, 11:55:53 am »

Kruger

She gave a slight shake of the head and a look toward Kruger of an equal scale.

"No, I don't mean you. You aren't a bad guy as far as I can tell. Just kind of a dick sometimes." She made the statement matter-of-factly, as usual. "No, I'm actually thinking of the Sculptor. I'm not good at the whole religion thing though, so. . . I don't really know why. Just thinking about my life, I guess."
GM of Trespassers V2.

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: May 11, 2021, 12:07:06 pm »

Lin

Kruger flashes an unusually insecure smile for a second while scratching the back of his head.

"Guess I'm giving myself too little credit...?"

He takes another look at the Sculptor before facing Lin again.

"... Well, this is a place of self-reflection, after all... To exist in this space where worshippers that dare not to let any criticism come your way are intersecting with the doubtful using you as a mirror to solve one's own problem. To enable a vast place to live and prosper, only to be used as a symbol over time... It almost makes me want to..."
"Pardon, I'm rambling again, aren't I. Is there anything worrying you greatly in your life right now?"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1242 on: May 11, 2021, 12:14:18 pm »

"Not really, except what every one else is worrying about. Those Seekers or whatever, I really hate them." She spoke this last with an intensity that somehow seemed to pass beneath her own awareness. "That one got me thinking about whether I'm really unlucky or really lucky, with all the crazy shit that's happened to me. I know my life hasn't exactly been normal, so it's hard to judge. Was hoping for divine inspiration or something, I suppose."
GM of Trespassers V2.

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: May 11, 2021, 12:24:55 pm »

Lin

"Understandable. My opinion about them should already be very clear, given my... tone back then. As for if you've been really lucky or really unlucky... It's a poor substitute to getting a divine insight that clears everything up for you, but I can offer an answer."

"It depends on if you want a cheesy answer from me or a serious answer, though."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1244 on: May 11, 2021, 12:27:25 pm »

Kruger

"I'd ask for both, but I'm not sure how much you even know, Kruger. Not that it's all tough to see."
GM of Trespassers V2.
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 113