Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 113

Author Topic: FEF: Solrise Academy IC: Chapter 4: The Truesilver Knight  (Read 84564 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Solrise Academy IC: Chapter 2: Rite of Passage
« Reply #1065 on: March 30, 2021, 06:13:09 pm »

"I suppose there was no holding him in the first place."

Before she could say anything further, a scream originated from the trees, and Rika turned to it.

"I'll go check it out. If it's a troublemaker, I'll just teleport them into the middle of y'all and then they won't be in much of a position to be making trouble."

She hustled off.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1066 on: March 30, 2021, 08:33:26 pm »

Lin stumbled toward the voice, only responding to Justice's words and disappearance with a shake of her head. She'd heard it all before - it doesn't matter if some people get hurt, because we're going to stop more people from getting hurt later! - and it wasn't even worth the mental energy of thought. Maybe this Justice was misled, maybe he was delusional, it didn't matter right now.

". . . I'll go with her. It. . . might be more than one person." Lin limped after Rika, not even waiting until she finished speaking - but it was clear she was feeling the exhaustion of the short, but intense battle. Her gait was more lopsided than usual, an asymmetric thump accompanying each stride.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: March 30, 2021, 08:48:41 pm »

Stepping to the side to let her proclaimed rival get his own turn with the charred Fiend, watching the Fiend in question be reduced to dust with a confident smirk,

"An impressive display Mordecai. Not a shred of mercy should be left for creatures of darkness such as these" she commented, flourishing her cloak as she made her way over to where she had seen the two Seekers move off to... Now met with the site of her classmates facing off against a surrendering 'Justice', causing a slight frown to form on her face. How was she supposed to make sure Justice remembered her name if he was beaten before she got to him?

: "High praise, coming from you. Thanks." Mordecai started to follow along to where the rest of the class seemed to be gathering, but there was a commotion and the winged lunatic calling himself "Justice" was gone.

: "Damn. So much for that. Hopefully he'll be caught before he can orchestrate another attack..."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: March 30, 2021, 08:59:17 pm »

"Hey wait, isn't that-" Reeve began once the shimmering light formed around Justice. She wasn't a practitioner of that type of magic, but she was familiar enough with magic, and her classmate Rika, to recognize a warp spell taking place. Or at least, begin to, being cut off once the winged man suddenly vanished, leaving the young magical prodigy with her mouth left mid-sentence, quickly being forced shut at the sound of a scream.

"I shall come along as well! It would be against my code to ignore someone in need!" Reeve shouted after Rika and Lin, already dashing after the two with her tome in hand.
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: March 30, 2021, 09:05:02 pm »

As Rika, Reeve and Lin approach the screaming, they see a pair of villagers, caught out by themselves, surrounded by an ungodly amount of Fiends.
"Help us!"
"W-we can't get out! Help! Somebody help!"

So many, in fact, you're not quite sure you can really fight them all off without help.

Before you can move, however, you hear a calm, deep and smooth voice speak.
"I wield the blade as a whip to flay the flesh. Begone, beasts."

A white line cleaves its way through the lines of Fiends almost instantaneously.

In the blink of an eye, the Fiends crumple, divided in half, the Alphinite energy within the slash having burned the beasts from the inside out. The entrapped villagers sit their, their mouths hanging open, the sound having caught in their throats in shock. As you look to see who was responsible, a tall figure in a large, black cloak strolls forward, long grey hair barely concealing the feathers on each side of his head, a sword as long as he was tall slung across his shoulder. He approaches the trio.

"Professor Estelle's students, correct? The problem has been taken care of."

You recognise the man as Professor Greyhame.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: March 30, 2021, 09:09:18 pm »

Rika had been prepared to start teleporting the villagers away, even at the cost of her own vitality, but that problem had been rather immediately resolved. She lowered her staff.

"That's right, sir. I'm Lara Frederike Reisenberg - Rika for short, sir."

She knew Reeve at least would want to introduce her own self, and she didn't know Lin well enough to know if she wanted someone else to talk for her or not and so erred on the side of being polite and shutting up.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Aurorix

• Bay Watcher
  • Thief Boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: March 30, 2021, 10:49:32 pm »

Astrea was more than a little annoyed at the two's escape. Though, at least no one was gravely injured or worse. So that's something to be glad about at the very least. The scream was concerning, however, 3 of her classmates were already off. She's confident that they can handle themselves and if they need assistance the rest of the class wouldn't be far behind either. The pegasus knight's thoughts then drift to that stranger with a bow that assisted them during combat. She wasn't a student as far as she knew. It maybe best to check up on her to make sure everything was okay. Patting Shin on the neck for a job well done thus far, she guided him towards where the mysterious stranger was. Once close she dismounted her steed and took a few paces towards her, making her to keep a straight posture.

"Thank you for your assistance in the battle. Without your help, we would've been hard pressed to make sure all the civilians escaped alive." She extends her hand forward, offering a handshake, "My name is Astrea von Celeste. I was hoping I may get your name before we part ways."

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: March 31, 2021, 03:32:23 am »

"I guess taking him in would have made our lives too easy."

She wasn't sure what to make of the situation now, between the others chasing the screaming, Orrel having thrown himself into danger as their tactician, Kruger having asked her for that little experiment a while ago. Now that she had a good look at herself, the fiend had definitely bitten her hard enough in return to draw blood and tear her jacket.

When this was over, she was going to have a bone to pick with Kruger about that. Not a big bone, but also not a tiny one. Medium-sized, if she could get away with it.

Delwyn let out a short sigh and decided to sidle over towards where Arnett was tending to Catt, hiding her hurt arm casually behind herself as she did so.

"Are you okay?" She didn't mean if he was wounded.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: March 31, 2021, 06:45:35 am »

"Rika...Yes, I know you. Professor Estelle talks about you. If you're close to the student she describes, I trust our Astrea's in good hands."
A small smile crosses Professor Greyhame's face.

"Professor Lucerne will be here shortly. The other staff members had to deal with the remaining stragglers. I trust you apprehended the others here?"

The stranger kinda shifts awkwardly and nervously as she timidly takes Astrea's hand and shakes it.

"I...uh...well....I'm just passing through, is all."

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: March 31, 2021, 07:31:02 am »

An ordinary person might have hesitated upon seeing the sight of so much Fiends, all grouped together and ready to devour anything in their path. Reeve, however, was no ordinary person, and merely took the sight with her trademarked grin, raising a hand as fire began to swirl around it,

"Fear not lone villagers, for you are in safe hands now. Witness and behold, for these Fiends are nothing before-" she began, the fire around her hand quickly intensifying and forming into a ball in her palm, only for her display of power to be interrupted by a white line cleaving through each of the Fiends, burning them from the inside and slaying them in one fell swoop. Once again, Reeve found herself staring in temporary shocked silence, before turning her head to the now approaching Professor, snuffing out the flames around her with a flick of her wrist,

"...Uhm... Our Professor's might... ahem"

"You're correct Professor. I am Reeve Von Anextra Polyion the Third, but most prefer to call me 'Reeve'"

"Unfortunately, it appears as though the two perpetrators of this attack managed to escape. But, they no doubt learned the futility of fighting against the Academy's finest.
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1075 on: March 31, 2021, 07:53:51 am »

Lin glanced around. There didn't seem to be much for her to do at the moment, and thus she sat down with an abrupt thud. She realized belatedly that she was expected to introduce herself, and spared the smallest of glances up to the professor for it.

"Sieglinde Weylan." Without waiting for a response, she reached behind herself into her pack and rummaged about, eventually producing a small number of mechanical parts that she set about assembling.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: March 31, 2021, 07:57:34 am »

Professor Greyhame seems more than a bit disappointed by hearing that the Seekers fled.
"I see. They identified themselves as the Seekers of Calamity, correct?"

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Solrise Academy IC: Prologue: Blue Skies and a Battle
« Reply #1077 on: March 31, 2021, 12:47:59 pm »

"Hmmph. Bet we'll see them again."
"If they want to fight the Order, they better not try against my papa."
As Arnett came to fuss over her with his paintbrush, she squirmed but didn't run off.
"I said I was fine, it takes far more than this to me to notice any discomfo-"
"Gah! That tickles!"
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: March 31, 2021, 01:24:44 pm »

Kruger approaches Arnett, Catt and Delwyn.

"See the tickle as a minor punishment for that explosion earlier."
"Don't get me wrong. You made a good call and it helped us immensely. We know that you can take care of yourself with your Arte."
"Civilians... don't. And I can't always be there to mend that immediate sense of terror and panic upon seeing a member of the Order suddenly getting wounded."

He doesn't want to leave it at such a somber note, but he's also having visible difficulty in continuing the discussion for a moment before finally finding the will to continue.

"I... guess you could shout some silly name before using your Arte? Something more... what's the word... catchy than just shouting "Explosion"? Giving something so self-damaging some personality and, in lack of a better word, attitude would give a better impression of you having full control over it and you're just letting loose, which is a preferable interpretation compared to all-or-nothing. Speaking of..."

Kruger turns towards Delwyn.

"Thank you for trusting in my intuition and participating in my ad-hoc experiment."
"And I'm sorry about the unfortunate byproduct of it. It may have happened independent of my intervention, but I turned it into a certainty."

He points to the blood-soaked tear in the latter's jacket.

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
  • My sole interest is uncovering the truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: March 31, 2021, 02:11:15 pm »

Arnett tried his best to concentrate on Cattleya's wounds. Thus, he didn't see Delwyn approach at all; her words made him jump slightly, thankfully he kept a steady hand.

"Uh- huh? I mean- uh... I guess I'm fine, I didn't get injured..." Arnett was somewhat inattentive towards anything that wasn't Cattleya, so Delwyn's hidden arm managed to escape him. Of course, after a moment, he realized that that wasn't what she meant. "...Oh... well... it's just... my brother's always had things under control, but I..." Arnett drifted off— his brush hitting a particularly open spot on Cattleya, prompting the tickling sensation.

"Oh- Sorry! Well, usually that means it's working... Staves don't really get you that kind of feeling, so that's why..."

Arnett once more trailed off, especially once Kruger came in to reprimand Cattleya. Arnett didn't feel uncomfortable around Kruger, thankfully— he just felt too crestfallen to really speak up as he was talking. Thankfully, at least, it allowed him to focus on Cattleya's wounds; it was clear that he was almost done.
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 113