Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 25

Author Topic: Dryad Rage 2: Another game about growing a Tree and possibly civil war?  (Read 17142 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dryad Rage 2: Another game about growing a Tree.
« Reply #195 on: September 01, 2020, 07:27:09 am »

(I made a bucket. You can see as such in my action. Just because the turn hasn't processed yet doesn't mean we can't act in a logical sequence.)

"A fair point with Old Oak."
+1 to summoning Old Oak.
+1 to Summoning Old Oak.

Doraido
Take the bucket and head to the river to collect water. Then return to water the sapling. Repeat as possible.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 01, 2020, 07:48:29 pm »

Looks like you're intending to summon this turn. I'll give you some time so that the spirit you want to summon can actually do something.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 01, 2020, 07:55:24 pm »

Looks like you're intending to summon this turn. I'll give you some time so that the spirit you want to summon can actually do something.
I was hoping you could confirm which one that would be. I guess we could both try doing stuff. :P

If Old Oak wanted to talk right now, he would suggest that, given the scale of the problem — ie, we're trying to combat Summer itself — it might be a good idea to Empower something the summoned individual does as well.

So you guys want a snek? Do you want me to spend all the power modifier on that? I could also divert some to making an illusion to shade the tree, on the theory that, as long as it's opaque, it doesn't need to be REAL.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 01, 2020, 08:05:09 pm »

There is a random vine wall around to make into Snek. That is a good question though, since 4.0 Snek is more powerful.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 01, 2020, 08:10:17 pm »

There is a random vine wall around to make into Snek. That is a good question though, since 4.0 Snek is more powerful.
I'm wondering about vine vs. stone. Stone would probably be stronger, but then, vine seems more likely to WORK. Even if I get a stone snake, it might not be able to bend or something. Supernerd is far too strict a GM for me to make assumptions. :P

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: September 01, 2020, 08:13:23 pm »

Maybe a general earth/grass/vinewall, drawing material as needed. Maybe add some wood from a tree too. After all, it does say 'materials' in the description.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 01, 2020, 08:21:44 pm »

I say just take one of the random vinewalls and be done with it. I don't think we can take wood from a tree without taking it from our tree, which would be obviously suboptimal.
Empowering the ability would make it stronger, but I'm not sure if we can actually cast multiple spells in a turn? It's already at 2.0, anyway; I don't think we really need to empower it.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 02, 2020, 11:08:17 pm »

Summer 3, Year 1

It is slightly foggy.

Petra invokes fabricate at magnitude 1.0 to create a bucket out of stone, uprooting a vinewall to give it a handle. It seems fragile, but capable of carrying some water. The local stones are pebbles seem less than ideal for this kind of work.

An attempt to summon Oakstance is made, but the summoning fails as the downvotes equal or exceed the upvotes. Bold your actions, or it may be perceived as a mere suggestion.

An attempt is also made to Summon Old Oak, but this too fails. Old Oak did not heed the call, and thus could not be summoned; which is preferable to wasting mana on a summon that does nothing.

Doraido takes the bucket as soon as it is made and heads to the north. There is a boulder of significant size here, and a small river. Before filling the bucket, it comes to Doraido's attention that a few borbles are present in the area.

Borble (North): 5/5

The tree is partially encircled by defenses.

Spoiler: Dryads (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tree (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Spells (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Defenses/Creations (click to show/hide)
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 03, 2020, 12:35:59 am »

Petra

Spend my time waiting for Doraido to return starting to dig a trench around the outside of my perimeter vinewall, and packing the excavated dirt into the wall's gaps.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 03, 2020, 08:03:51 am »

Doraido

Grab the Water in the bucket and bring it back to give to the Sapling.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 04, 2020, 07:19:09 pm »

Summer 4, Year 1

It has started raining!

While waiting for Doraido, Petra starts digging around the vinewall and applying mud to it. Unfortunately, the rain made it a bit harder to perform such activities.

Meanwhile, Doraido just totally ignored the borbles in the north and just went to the river to fill their bucket. It seemed that the Borbles did not care about Doraido's presence. Doraido then returned to the tree with water in the bucket! Welcome back Doraido.

A pair of slimes have appeared from a non-north direction!

Slime 5/5hp
Slime 5/5hp

The tree is partially encircled by defenses.
There is a small hole near the vinewall next to the tree

Spoiler: Dryads (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tree (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Spells (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Defenses/Creations (click to show/hide)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 04, 2020, 07:29:29 pm »

Petra

"...I feel a bit silly now."

Wait a bit to see if the slimes are hostile; if they are, launch one of the away with a 1.0 Vinewall. If they're ignoring us, start digging a small hole inside the vinewall perimeter, both to catch water and to see if there's better materials to fabricate equipment from down there.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: September 05, 2020, 07:56:13 am »

Tier increase is available.

Water the Sapling with the hard-gained water,while  musing if using 6 mana for a water-based Life spell would be a good investment down the road.(Not needed right now since it is raining.) Place bucket with water in it down for later.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2020, 04:58:02 pm by TricMagic »

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 05, 2020, 12:22:37 pm »

Old Oak grumbles a bit about not wasting mana until we have at least one more dryad on the field.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 05, 2020, 12:50:57 pm »

Tier increase is available.

Water the Sapling with the hard-gained water,while  musing if using 6 mana for a water-based Life spell would be a good investment down the road.(Not needed right now since it is raining.) Place bucket with water in it down for later.

1 more dryad costs 25 mana, compared to 10 mana for a dryad to grow and be able to perform better. I would be able to bind multiple targets, or Petra can grow better walls or more of them at once.

Doraido: If the slimes try to attack, [Light]Bind x1.0 the one not being launched.

Vote for Petra to use Tier Increase to improve their abilities.

« Last Edit: September 05, 2020, 04:58:33 pm by TricMagic »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 25