Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 25

Author Topic: Dryad Rage 2: Another game about growing a Tree and possibly civil war?  (Read 17087 times)

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile

Dryad Rage 2: Another game about growing a Tree.

In this game, you will play as a magical creature called a Dryad; a magical creature whose life is tied to that of a tree. The greater the tree becomes, the more powerful you will get. If the tree dies, so too shall you. In order to survive, you will need to nurture your magical tree and protect it against wave after wave of hostile enemies. If you want to succeed you'll not only need power, but also cunning and the ability to think outside the box!

Each turn a certain amount of Mana will be created by your tree. Expending mana will allow you to do a number of essential things such as improving your characters abilities, improving your tree, healing and reviving players and possibly for casting certain powerful spells. Mana will be shared among all players and its up to you to decide how it should best be used.

To play, fill out the form over here. When you are done, Do not include information about the Locked Skilled in a post in the thread. This should instead be sent as a PM to me. As some of you may already know, I like to keep some secrets from my players. Questions about the game in general may be asked in thread.

Fair warning: The start of this game will feel very slow even if it is updating daily.

Spoiler: Signup Sheet Info (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Blank Signup Sheet (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Important Notes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2020, 04:33:25 pm by Supernerd »
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dryad Rage 2: Another game about growing a Tree.
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2020, 08:25:26 pm »

Anything I need to know that's wrong?
Spoiler: Dryad (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: cut stuff (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 04, 2020, 06:01:38 pm by TricMagic »

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2020, 09:22:31 pm »

The skillsets section does not need to be more than one or two words. A skillset is the broad category.

The specifics for what starting abilities should do should go under the Abilities section. I also noticed that you only listed two abilities when there should be three - one for each skillset.

I also didn't get a PM about hidden abilities.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2020, 09:26:02 pm »

Hmmmmmnnnn.

Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2020, 08:46:29 am »

The skillsets section does not need to be more than one or two words. A skillset is the broad category.

The specifics for what starting abilities should do should go under the Abilities section. I also noticed that you only listed two abilities when there should be three - one for each skillset.

I also didn't get a PM about hidden abilities.

Haven't sent it yet since I wrote my sheet as I went to bed.
Reason I only have two is because of Life being cast through Light to heal, which should mean it's more effective for it's cost? At the least it serves as a medium for the AoE healing spell. If I can have another as well that would be good, or if I can't mix the two at the start, tell me so.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2020, 03:45:06 pm »

While it might change at some point, abilities cannot be a part of multiple skillsets at game start.

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2020, 05:58:58 pm »

« Last Edit: August 04, 2020, 06:06:30 pm by 0cra_tr0per »
it's over

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2020, 09:42:42 pm »

Well, mark me down as interested. I'll see about making a sheet tomorrow.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2020, 02:21:16 pm »

Spoiler: Love and War (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 05, 2020, 03:18:26 pm by Failbird105 »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2020, 02:37:56 pm »

Appearance: Humanoid in broad shape, but with many body parts consisting of singular large plants. A pitcher plant for a body, cobra lily limbs, and, most notably, a massive maw larger in length and width than the rest of her body coming off of the back of her feminine-facec head in lieu of a ponytail. At full size, any of these parts(excepting the fingers) are capable of consuming a human being, but her maw is easily the most well equipped.
You're a tall mawile.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2020, 03:24:56 pm »

You're a tall mawile.
I mean, the more direct inspiration is a bit less... forum friendly, but Mawile definitely had an involvement.

I imagine the maw being sorta like Audrey II, but like, stretched.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2020, 07:38:34 pm »

Winter 1, Year 0

Winter has arrived... Which is a rather odd time for a seed to germinate. Perhaps there was something funny in the soil, or some kind of detrimental mutation. Whatever the reason, there is a tree that has sprouted in the Winter!

Winter is a harsh time of year, but the tree grew from a large nut that supplied enough nutrients for it to start generating mana! The tree also has a special ability...

Spellcasting Tutorial
Take note of the "Spells" spoiler below. Any player is able to cast these spells; as these spells belong to the Tree and not to any specific Dryad. The players are currently in "Spirit" form. A Spirit form Dryad is not able to take any action aside from casting tree spells and do not have physical form.

Dryads (spirit or otherwise), can "Downvote" tree spells. This will stop the spell from being cast unless multiple other dryads want the spell cast.

Try using the Dryad Manifestation spell now!

Spoiler: Dryads (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tree (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Spells (click to show/hide)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2020, 08:08:03 pm »

"Dryad Manifestation: Petra."

Other spirits have a sense of Doraido curling in on itself to sleep.

"It's too cold, and I'm not someone who fights directly. Let the one able to create a defense be the first."
« Last Edit: August 06, 2020, 08:09:39 pm by TricMagic »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2020, 09:11:41 pm »

"My thanks." Dryad Manifestation: Petra

Petra will spend 80% of his power to raise a Vinewall around the tree, and put the remaining 20% to slightly Petrifying the wall to strengthen it.

Additionally, see if there's any stone around for later use for fabrication.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2020, 11:59:21 am by Glass »

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2020, 09:24:54 pm »

"Mmh, yes, I suppose that a wall must come before we can begin making a perimeter defense.

Petra, Manifest

(So, can anyone tell the inspirations and references behind my Dryads name?)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 25