Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 25

Author Topic: Dryad Rage 2: Another game about growing a Tree and possibly civil war?  (Read 17115 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Dryad Rage 2: Another game about growing a Tree.
« Reply #75 on: August 13, 2020, 11:00:58 am »

do we summon one of us? If so, who? Or should we heal Petra? Or do we not cast any spells yet?
[Petra's fine for now, we shouldn't heal him until he's down to 1 or taking more damage per turn - since the spell will fully heal him, and we don't want to waste mana. I'm assuming that it won't go over the max. I still vote for summoning someone, though. I guess Old Oak conveys this information through interpretive dance or something. I should know better than to try to play mostly-silent characters.]

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 13, 2020, 11:43:35 am »

do we summon one of us? If so, who? Or should we heal Petra? Or do we not cast any spells yet?
[Petra's fine for now, we shouldn't heal him until he's down to 1 or taking more damage per turn - since the spell will fully heal him, and we don't want to waste mana. I'm assuming that it won't go over the max. I still vote for summoning someone, though. I guess Old Oak conveys this information through interpretive dance or something. I should know better than to try to play mostly-silent characters.]
[We won't get anything from that though, only lose Mana that can't be regained. It was producing mana, but only cause it had the minerals and nutrients to do so in this cold. I would have liked it if we could befriend the slime to help defend us, but maybe it will drop Mana.]

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #77 on: August 13, 2020, 06:44:07 pm »

Spoiler: Maple Watersong (click to show/hide)
"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 13, 2020, 08:20:12 pm »

There's a few issues with the Maple Watersong application.

First, I should clarify that skillsets do not do things on their own. They are a "Category" which abilities fall under. Passive abilities do not exist, but you can emulate one if you spend your power multiplier on it each turn.

Second, I am not seeing the connection between your skillsets and the three required variants: Being combat, non-combat and nature. Each skillset needs to relate to one of them and you get one of each.

I'll also mention that "Charisma checks" probably aren't a thing? I can work with the ability as is, but it would be highly situational.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 13, 2020, 08:24:48 pm »

Winter 8, Year 0

Petra administers another strike to the Slime, dealing 2 damage! The slime is now dead! The warhammer has eroded a bit, but not to the point of being non-functional.

And not a moment too soon as another slime just entered the area! This one is a Red Slime! Watch out! This is a slightly stronger variant of slime, with a coloration to match its preferred diet!

Lemming: 2/2hp
Lemming: 2/2hp
Red Slime: 8/8hp

There is a dead slime in the area.

Spoiler: Dryads (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tree (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Spells (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Defenses/Creations (click to show/hide)
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 13, 2020, 08:55:34 pm »

Old Oak twigs on, no pun intended, to the fact that it probably doesn't need to care about this. It isn't red, it would've noticed. Probably best to just let it eat the lemmings. It considers trying to do something useful instead, like summon itself or that cloud guy to attempt to make a false spring, but it decides to let someone else make that decision. Or maybe someone new with springy powers will show up. Hint hint.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 13, 2020, 09:04:35 pm »

"Hm. Hear me out again... just pick up the lemmings and hurl them into the red slime. Simple-minded thing that is, it'll be a pet/protector for us. And it won't eat you, that's the more important part

"In addition, I believe you could eke out a better weapon by building it in pieces if we have the time. For instance, build an Axe Haft (1.0), then a Axe Blade (1.0), then bind the two together with some vines as a third action, and I'd estimate the resulting Axe would run about (2.5). I'm not saying to make an axe in particular please make me an axe but just outlining the process.."
« Last Edit: August 13, 2020, 09:09:10 pm by KitRougard »
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 13, 2020, 09:20:21 pm »

Petra

Petra Petrifies ( .8 ) his original semicircular vine wall, then gathers some stones with his warhammer to Fabricate ( .2 ) some repairs to it.

"I'm inclined to agree, on both counts - though I rather doubt that equipment fits together at quite that level of 'greater than the sum of its parts'. Regardless, should the red slime prove willing to disregard us, I will be working to better my equipment shortly. I'm considering getting a pickaxe, trying to get better materials. Or a shield, or suit of armor?"
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 13, 2020, 09:33:02 pm »

"Ah, what I'm suggesting isn't 'greater than the sum of its parts' at all. The equation is basically Axe Haft(1.0) + Axe Head(1.0) + Axe Bindings(1.0) = Axe(2.5)"
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 13, 2020, 09:41:45 pm »

"It'd come out √3 or even ³√3 if it were up to me, honestly.", plinks Old Oak in high, tinny, music-box tones.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 13, 2020, 09:46:02 pm »

"Ah, I missed the bindings. Yes, I suppose that makes sense, then.
Honestly, I think I may put some effort into figuring out other stone materials I could Petrify things into. Obsidian would be quite useful for blades... fragile, though, but it'll just chip to more sharp edges."

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 13, 2020, 09:49:19 pm »

Finding/making stones and other things to put around the tree would help in defending it, and the red slime eating the lemmings wouldn’t be a bad thing. I agree giving the lemmings to the red slime will help

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 13, 2020, 09:49:50 pm »

He thinks about it for a moment longer.
"Uhm, Petra? I just realized. You have a physical form. And appear humanoid. And most humanoids are made of meat. And you are notably bigger than the two lemmings combined...
And thus a better meal for a meat-eating slime.
I suggest that snack-rifices are a little high priority."
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 13, 2020, 09:57:21 pm »

"I am petrifying the wall for a reason. If it tries to eat me, then I'll feed it the lemmings."

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 14, 2020, 06:31:55 pm »

Winter 9, Year 0

Petra goes to petrify the original vines created around the tree at 0.8 magnitude! Petra now has some stone vines. Unfortunately, the vinewall no longer stands upright at this time as their decay caused them to droop. They may still be useful for something however...

Petra also makes an effort to repair the Stone Warhammer with some stones and Fabricate. The nature of the damage, acid erosion, is difficult to repair by creating replacement parts through the use of Fabricate. Creating a slightly larger head for the hammer to fit on top of the original damaged hammerhead with Fabricate is beyond the limitations of a 0.2 power multiplier. It might be better to just make a new hammer as its not exactly an arduous tasks for Petra.

The Lemmings flee at the sight of the Red Slime! The Red Slime decided that it would prefer to chase the lemmings than harass Petra and the Tree, and the three of them leave the area.

Spoiler: Dryads (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tree (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Spells (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Defenses/Creations (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 25