Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 25

Author Topic: Dryad Rage 2: Another game about growing a Tree and possibly civil war?  (Read 17130 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dryad Rage 2: Another game about growing a Tree.
« Reply #105 on: August 18, 2020, 06:22:35 pm »

As noted, I suppose some support is in order.

Doraido seems to unfurl.

Dryad Manifestation: Doraido awaiting awakening.

Cast [Life]Heal on Petra at 1.0x to restore their health. if possible.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 18, 2020, 06:28:46 pm »

Petra

"I, too, vote that Doraido should be manifested."

Petrify (1.0) however much of the encircling vinewall that I can.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 18, 2020, 06:33:22 pm »

Old Oak: "I contradict."
Dryad Manifestation: Oakstance.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 18, 2020, 06:37:43 pm »

Old Oak: "I contradict."
Dryad Manifestation: Oakstance.

For what reasoning? I can heal without spending the precious mana of our sapling to do so. You are but a trickster?
Likewise, a fighter does no good without the ability to heal.
Dryad Manifestation: Oakstance downvoted.

« Last Edit: August 18, 2020, 06:52:19 pm by TricMagic »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 18, 2020, 06:47:12 pm »

Dryad Manifestation Doraldo Upvoted

Dryad Manifestation Oakstance Downvoted

Healing is more important than illusions at this time

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 18, 2020, 06:49:30 pm »

"Old Oak, while I understand I may not be the greatest of combatants, I believe myself capable of handling matters of defense until such time that a proper fighter may be manifested. However, I am of the belief that the presence of a healer who may sustain us is worth more. What does it matter that we summon a combatant now if they cannot survive to our next manifestation? Better, I think, that we ensure we will be able to last that long."

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 18, 2020, 06:57:37 pm »

Oakstance startled awake. He was quickly apprised of all the goings ons within the tree.
"I will have you know I do NOT stand for illusions like you believe. Although it is easy to confuse us, I suppose..."
"In any case, I feel slighted that I could be brushed aside so simply."
Out of more spite than anything, he Voted for His Own Manifestation.

OOC: I'm not trying to rub anyone the wrong way, I'm just playing the character of a stubborn Dwarf in a Dryad's soul. Sorry!
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 18, 2020, 07:05:05 pm »

Old Oak quivers with apparent rage. "Not I, different oak, fool saplings. One who fights, makes weather - which last, for our tree, more valuable than healing. What when the mana needed to manifest ourselves grows yet greater still? I say Oakstance hoping he can draw more growth from the fertile earth to hasten the rest of us."

He nods separately at Petra, who at least appears to have understood who he meant. Still, it counters: "But one day's turning, mana enow to renew any of us wholly. If I am right, if such one can yield up more by calling rains and sun, gain we much the greater. If I am wrong, still have we a stronger fighter to support you, that your health together be less endangered; and we are set back only precious little by the healing, rather than giving up all we have accumulated in exchange for so little value. If done so, you must be healed from death's door to prime health five times ere the cost repaid be. Squander we our gains so easily?"

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 18, 2020, 07:11:54 pm »

You think changing the weather to be so easily accomplished? Petra's abilities are not that strong, nor are any of ours. We are yet young, the sapling must be protected, kept safe, not risked on some plan that has near no chance of working. Beyond which, I can gather nutrients, fertilizer. Sun and rain alone will not sustain growth.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 18, 2020, 07:19:09 pm »

"What think you sustains the growth of all the wild things, youngling? Minerals soil supplies, 'fertiliser' is nothing more than an artificial hastening of the cycle. Your ability, worth little unless you go out and hunt, leaving vulnerable the tree; what comes to us may be delivered unto earth the, as it were, old-fashioned way. I think ahead, in the long term, not like some flighty child — but even a weak hand on the winds' flow is more valuable than a foolish child who cannot even tell one oak from the next, then tries to change the past to hide it."

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 18, 2020, 07:24:01 pm »

Petra rolls his eyes.

"All of you, cease this quarrel. There are merits to both courses; I merely am of the belief that the acquisition of a healer is always best done early. Oakstance's cloudshaping bears great potential, but it also is wont to take a great deal of time before it may be used as potently as you hope. I assure you, I believe them a wonderful candidate for a third, or as one to summon, given it provides a greater amount of power to bring to bear - their cloudshaping certainly would benefit from that.
And yes, the price will increase with rapidity - but note that we have come out of winter, and our precious sapling once again grows. I have no doubt that as it ages, its power to generate magic will grow with it, and that the sun and rain will hasten its development. And so, too, can Doraido turn our attackers to much more useful materials, ones which would benefit both the growth of our tree and, potentially, my crafts.
Oakstance will be a wonderful third dryad. But I believe that we would be best served now with Doraido's services."

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 18, 2020, 11:39:36 pm »

"I, for one, know better than to draw the ire of the one who is tasked with preserving our physical lives."

Dryad Manifestation: Doraido

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 19, 2020, 06:22:09 pm »

Spring 3, Year 1

The Dryad Doraido has manifested as a newborn at the cost of 5 mana! Old Oak probably isn't going to take this lying down.

Doraido invokes Heal on Doraido, restoring 1 health! As it happens, Petra attempts to Petrify the living Vinewall... But it seems that it cannot be petrified in its current state! Something will have to happen to cause the vines to be dead before it can be petrified.

Invaders have been detected! They bounds into the area, and resemble a kind of small fleshy octopus... Some kind of creature called a "Borble"! You're not entirely sure what a borble is though. One of them looks like it was injured before arriving.

Borble: 5/5hp
Borble: 5/5hp
Borble: 3/5hp

The tree is poorly encircled by defenses.
There are slime remains near the tree

Spoiler: Dryads (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tree (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Spells (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Defenses/Creations (click to show/hide)
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 19, 2020, 06:30:12 pm »

(typo.)

"Launch the injured one perhaps? I can bind one of them, or heal you some more."

"Would have liked to nap, but well. Need to rid ourselves of them first. If I bind one, and you launch one, perhaps let the injured one come up to the wall for me to stab and drain for the tree?"

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 19, 2020, 07:13:04 pm »

Doraido invokes Heal on Doraido, restoring 1 health! [...] Dryad Manifestation: (25 Mana)
Old Oak thinks, I knew it would end up working like that. It was so obvious. Twenty HP of potential healing (25 if 0HP is eligible for healing or if we can increase our max HP) burned for this - and now we know that the cost really does go up as 5# of previous uses, which I figured. I'm sorry but I can't help but hope the octopus eats you now.

Feeling a little spiteful, Old Oak votes against using any tree magic this turn. Especially no healing. Even though he knows, deep down, that the cost of manifestation will not decrease so losing one of the ones we're stuck with will only set us back more.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 25