Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

Author Topic: Ramshackle Titans - Knights Reliquar Thread - M2 Deployment  (Read 9703 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ramshackle Titans - Knights Reliquar Thread - M1 Mission Choice
« Reply #90 on: September 28, 2020, 09:36:51 am »

Quote from: Mission Votes
() Northern Settlers' Alliance :
() Empire of the Fifhurst Crown :
(2) Middle Belt Republic : Kashyyk, TricMagic

Northern Settlers' Alliance may lock us out of missions for the Ayzyzbn in the north, or at least make it difficult. This planet is split into tech and magic sections. That, and the third does give us a fully functioning middle-sized weapon. Getting in with the current likely leaders in the Middle Belt republic would also help.

I kinda want to spread magic/tech peace/worship to this planet simply to say we converted one.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2020, 09:41:52 am by TricMagic »

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 28, 2020, 09:51:45 am »

(3) Middle Belt Republic : Kashyyk, TricMagic, Madman

Northern Settlers' Alliance may lock us out of missions for the Ayzyzbn in the north, or at least make it difficult. This planet is split into tech and magic sections. That, and the third does give us a fully functioning middle-sized weapon. Getting in with the current likely leaders in the Middle Belt republic would also help.

I kinda want to spread magic/tech peace/worship to this planet simply to say we converted one.
All the politics is somewhat unlikely to be a huge issue. IRL, mercenaries were famous for fighting for all sides in any given war based on who was paying them the most at any given time in the war. Also famous for not being any good at killing other armies, particularly armies of mercenaries, since mercenaries always knew that the next battle they fought could be WITH the mercenaries they were fighting today.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 28, 2020, 09:12:19 pm »

(4) Middle Belt Republic : Kashyyk, TricMagic, Madman, Twinwolf

I think this mission is going to be a bit of a slugfest if Rivalla's Retinue joins it, and I'm definitely making this vote with the idea we'll jury rig some new parts (probably legs) before it to try and give us a better-than-starting mech. But well, if we're going to take a risk anytime, game start might as well be when.

That said I want to note, given the nature of the game for jury rigs especially, "this gives us organic scrap" doesn't seem a great reason to dismiss a mission outright. I can think of uses for that malfunctioning shell growth organ in jury rigs. That said, still going for the third one.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 28, 2020, 09:21:04 pm »

(5) Middle Belt Republic : Kashyyk, TricMagic, Madman, Twinwolf, Strider03

High risk high reward all the way baby
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 28, 2020, 09:24:34 pm »

(6) Middle Belt Republic : Kashyyk, TricMagic, Madman, Twinwolf, Strider03, cronos5010
It's only hubris if we fail.
"I guess I gotta get all funky if I'm gonna make this work."-Stretch Armstrong

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 29, 2020, 04:17:19 am »

(1) Northern Settlers' Alliance : Empiricist
(6) Middle Belt Republic : Kashyyk, TricMagic, Madman, Twinwolf, Strider03, cronos5010
Casting my vote solely because they're called the NSA.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: Ramshackle Titans - Knights Reliquar Thread - M1 Design and Revision
« Reply #96 on: October 18, 2020, 04:30:57 pm »

Month One -- Design and Revision Phase

One nice thing about the infrastructure that the Knights had put into the bridge of Le Bouclier is that it served another purpose besides lending bridge meetings gravitas - as the area was also used for communications, it also likely lent some measure of respectability during the communications that Žaneta expected to be conducting during the course of this mercenary career.

To play into that, Žaneta was wearing the most formal dress outfit that she had brought: a partially-armored officer's uniform. It had pauldrons in a silvery color, plates at her hips of a similar color, as well as at her thighs, wrists, and upper arms, while the rest of the uniform consisted of a crisp set of white trousers and buttoned shirt and jacket, with a wide sash across her chest. That sash had the kite shield that represented Le Blason - but with Žaneta's personal heraldry, a swirling pattern of crimson and light blue, representing both the blood she'd shed and lost, and the healing effect that she had always hoped to have. Žaneta had brought Christel along as the only other person on this meeting, and had had her bring her own dress uniform - as a Connétable Spirituel, her uniform lacked armor, instead being more flowing and robelike at the sleeves and trousers. Her own personal heraldry was that of a yellow-white beam, widening as it went down, splitting the middle of the shield on her sash, which was otherwise pitch black - a beam of light in the darkness.

Blinking onto the screen that Christel had previously used for briefings was an olive-skinned man with wild hair and desert fatigues. He transmitted from a Mech Titan cockpit, sitting in his seat at a bit of an angle, leaning against one of his seat's arms. Upon seeing Žaneta and Christel in full dress on the other side of his screen, the man blinked and stared at the for a moment, before he grinned. "Well, hell, look at the two of you. I guess we've hired quite the fancy lot of people, huh? Lot of the bureaucrats back at the capital or the people up North would eat that right up, let me tell you. I'm a little less inclined to care all that much about the decorum, though. Instead, I'm just gonna tell you all about how things work out here. Welcome to Chopta -- and welcome to my little section of it. Up North, you've got a bunch of ponces who want to pretend that they're still ancient kingdoms and republics, but who got flattened by those Metropolitan assholes a long time ago. Down South, you have a bunch of quiet city-dwellers who didn't really give a shit who was in charge as long as they don't get bothered. Around here... you've got the only folks who accept reality."

He put on a more dour tone, next. "Unfortunately, a lot of the folks around here who have accepted the fact that we were getting dominated by the tyrants up in Metropole have decided that the opportunity their fucking off represents is the opportunity to go personally shoot the hell out of everyone else. Roguish and world-wise as I am," Žaneta barely resisted the urge to roll her eyes, here. "I can't say that's my idea of things. Instead, I've given my services to the Middle Belt Republic. The way we reckon things is that we might as well use what the Fifs have given us -- if we can construct ourselves a republic, we can give let the Middle Belt finally have a bit of muscle and representation. We'll be able to take a place on Chopta's world stage like we've never really been able to before, as long as we can have a nation that represents all of the peoples here. And we'll finally be able to look everyone else on fucking eye-level. Lot of the others here don't want that, though, I'm sad to say."

While Žaneta couldn't help but find herself a little irritated at how little concrete information, their contact had just provided, Christel appeared to be in that starstruck mood Žaneta had seen from her on more than one occasion when she found something that she approved of. "That's such a noble goal! We of the Knights Reliquar will of course be glad to help advance it! You see, our god Le Blason is a being of protection, at heart -- he and his order fight for what is right, what is noble, and what will help protect the peoples of the galaxy... putting together a nation that will keep protection of its constituents in its heart is something that we can only strive to aid! But... you haven't introduced yourself. Would you do us that favor, and introduce what you will have us do?"

Visibly sitting a little straighter and taller after that little spiel from Christel, the man spoke. "Right, hah! Well, I'm Captain Vicente Cano, so I'm the one who put up the listing. I'm a military officer experienced with the fighting around here, so it made sense for the folks back in the capital to go send me out to help deal with this task... I'm one of our elite. Unfortunately, that isn't really to say that we have a ton of forces to go around... we're not more than moderately sized at the moment, and there are a lot of very important resources that need to be taken very quickly. This outpost is a major one, sure, but everything we can get our hands on matters. The Gacela Band, who are ALSO trying to get their hands on this place, is another one of those bands that just wants to establish dominance by shooting the shit out of whoever isn't part of their little group, so by your own motives, it's pretty damn vital that you get the job done here. Fair warning, though, they did get their hands on a mercenary group."

Immediately, Žaneta cut in. "And that is what I was waiting to hear. I'm Žaneta Viliauskas -- and I'm the commander of this force of the Knights Reliquar. As much as we do cherish our ideals, I'm going to be asking you to tell me as much as the mercenaries they've hired as you can, because hard information is going to be vital for the bloody reality of what we need to do. If we come in unprepared, we're much less likely to be successful helping you get what you need to get, yes? I need to hear what you know about our enemies, what your plan is for your vehicle, and what you know about the terrain we're fighting on."

Caught a little off-guard by the sudden insistence, Cano cleared his throat. "Er, well, yeah, of course. First off, our vehicles -- they're pretty tough, all told, though what we've each got access to is pretty similar make; we both bought cargo vessels from one of the Metropolitan companies up in the rest of the system, Fairpath. These things are slow as hell, but they're some of the most solid vehicle work I've ever seen - they should be able to withstand a good amount of firepower. But there's not much option for weaponry other than to basically bolt a bunch of weapons to the outside; the more hits one of these vehicles takes, the less firepower it's going to have, and fast. We're both packing pretty long-range weaponry, though, so we'll be staying outside of the main clash. We're dealing with flat, open ground here, since it's just sahel terrain, so I'm afraid the opportunity to abuse terrain here is pretty limited."

"As for the mercenaries you're dealing with... these guys as far as I can tell were part of some Fif corporation's forces, and ditched in order to come down here and make more money on the conflict. The bureaucrats say that it's "Green-Barrister Enterprises", and is some sort of manufacturing company set up out on Níbẹ --that's the planet way the hell out there-- but I haven't heard of them and I've been helping make some deals with those Fif fucks, so I'm guessing that it's a pretty minor company. The guys you're fighting call themselves Singular Solutions, but as far as I can tell it's a pretty small group. They're sending one Titan out here -- relatively quality make, and still pretty fresh, but pretty simple since they just yoinked the damn thing from their corp's stocks. It's a light Titan, and in case you guys are from all the way on the other side of the sector and need the distinction, it's pure Mech. They seem to have sacrificed some mounting space in order to keep their armor's integrity, so they've got only the one large-mount gun - but I'm told it's some sort of rapid-fire grenade launcher, and even if those grenades are pretty small, well, they'll be small for a large-mount. Given that they stole something that's going to have been used to guard corp assets, it's a fair guess that they're fairly immobile, but are tough as hell, and can fire at range."

Žaneta favored Cano with a nod. "Well, I'll give it to you, Captain, that's pretty thorough. We can use what you've given us in order to prepare, so just make you're ready on your own end to get this done."

As previously stated in the OP for the game, in the Design and Revision Phase, you will have the opportunity to use two Design Actions and one Revision Action. Since I... don't really feel like repeating everything, I encourage you to look at the rules in the core for the phase. You have the choice of doing a Jury-Rig and a Blueprint, two Jury Rigs, or two Blueprints, in addition to a Revision that you can use either to alter a part you already have, or a blueprint you already have. You'll do these all at once. You can figure out your votebox here to your liking.

Spoiler: Titans (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Parts and Equipment (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Blueprints (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Owned Scrap (click to show/hide)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 18, 2020, 04:37:20 pm »

Right, one part of me wants mobility, another wants to build the holy weapon of smiting and tag them.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 18, 2020, 05:40:16 pm »

I think Jury-Rigging legs is a no-brainer, so let's go:

Quote from: Double Jury-Rig
We shall use the Mech right leg scrap to jury rig our Arquebusier right leg, and the Magic left leg scrap to jury rig the Arquebusier left leg. In both cases we will be prioritising mobility, by doing things like replacing worn shocks, strengthening the bindings of spirits, using smoother servos, more powerful runic arrays, etc, to increase our agility and speed as much as possible.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ramshackle Titans - Knights Reliquar Thread
« Reply #99 on: October 18, 2020, 06:08:45 pm »

Hyperborea [Leg Part]

Crafted from light materials, angled to cut through the wind and easy stabilization when needed, and filled with fans, adjusters, turbines, and jets,  the Hyperborea is shaped like a skirt going down the titans waist, with a flat-ish bottom for landing upright. Wind and lightning spirits inhabit it, wanting freedom from earthly bounds but are never quite able to fully escape the grasp of the earth. It replaces the legs, and allows for movement over all terrain. The Hyperborea is a single part as a result of it's build, replacing both legs, and offers great speed and maneuverability in all situations. However, it is not without flaw, for it does not do well when wielding melee weapons that Require footing to use. Heavier Swords, some Lances and pretty much anything in the Axe or Hammer class are not viable for use with the Hyperborea, for weapons that use kinetics to deal a good deal of their damage have no footing to push against any opponant on the ground. That isn't to say they cannot be equipped, just that equipping them will not have very positive effects compared to weapons that are smaller/lighter and make more use of speed than power. And the Hyperborea at the end of the day excels more at keeping the range and dodging than fighting with melee weapons close up. It will do well just about everywhere else as a workhorse for Titans, just not in most melee weapon categories.

Blueprint: Hyperborea [Leg Part]
Using advanced materials, mechanical parts from a mech-type leg, magical parts from a magic-type leg, along with a conjuration ritual to summon and bind a spirit of tireless exploration to power the conjuration of winds and the turbines within, a Hyperborea is created. The Hyperborea uses both leg slots, and isn't any good with using melee weapons that require a steady, firm stance with the ground, but as a trade off is has good speed and can simply ignore terrain by hovering over it. It's not true flight, but a Titan equipped with Hyperborea can go anywhere it wishes, be it over water, lava, or forests. The Hyperborea is shaped like a solid skirt going down to where the knees of other titans would go, and is flattened near the bottom to allow a titan to rest. (May require other parts to see fruition, see PM Design Consultant)

Jury Rig: Blowback Flame
Using the destroyed fireball weapon and one of our Magimechanical Small Laser, parts are repurposed and jury-rigged to a small mount allowing a titan to send a blast of heated winds and fiery energy in an expanding plume. This can push weapons fire off course, and at close quarters combat aid in melting or setting fire to enemy titans. It also doesn't suffer from heating issues, as the weapon simply uses excess heat and expels it with the attack. On the other hand, it does have build-up times once completely exhausted of thermal energy, though this can be supplemented by drawing it from other attached systems. The Blowback Flame's primary purpose is as a deflecting attack from range when a Titan can't quite avoid an attack without it. It's secondary of setting enemy Ttans on fire(if they are flammable) or melting them(noted that melting requires other weapons to do the work and is simply helping out due to heat transfer occurring) is of course the result of concentrated thermal energy being directed at a target, and isn't really focused on. It's just a sign that the weapon works at it's job as a deflector. May cause some incoming weapons to explode, as it works off of thermal energy, and not everything likes being subjected to such heat. Gunpowder comes to mind. Short Range

Blueprint and Jury-Rig. One for All-terrain movement/speed, another for deflecting what shots do come at us. And mech-type grenades seem like being exploded prematurely is an issue~

Another idea!

Jury Rigged Fire Conjuration: Holy Flame Circle
Using the Destroyed Fireball Weapon's components tuned to fire magic, a medium module is created with the Conjuration Ritual Components. This allows the targeting of an area where our god's mighty power can manifest in searing flames. Once targeted, a circle of flames appears, burning nothing. Then, everything inside that circle alights with holy flames on their surface. These flames do not extinguish once the circle is left, they cling to everything, burning anything that was caught within the circle, but strangely never harming anything else. They will persist for as long as the Module is active. Only a single circle can be active at a time, however it's targeting uses GPS. For confirmation however, a pilot must be within at least Long Range for the flames to be active, if the Module, operating Pilot, or Circle are too far away from the flames or each other, the connection is lost. These flames make titans caught a very clear target at night.

Of note, while a Pilot won't normally be away from a Module, it could happen. Likewise, the target could get out of range of any of the, to escape it. These flames require a believer and a god to be conjured. The semantics can be explained by our Connétable Spirituel as to why it works this way, though the use of GPS coordinates is just common sense with targeting a Conjuration Circle.

I think Jury-Rigging legs is a no-brainer, so let's go:

Quote from: Double Jury-Rig
We shall use the Mech right leg scrap to jury rig our Arquebusier right leg, and the Magic left leg scrap to jury rig the Arquebusier left leg. In both cases we will be prioritising mobility, by doing things like replacing worn shocks, strengthening the bindings of spirits, using smoother servos, more powerful runic arrays, etc, to increase our agility and speed as much as possible.

Jury-rig: Arquebusier Mech/Magic-type Right Leg
Arquebusier Right Leg for the part. Right Leg Mech Scrap for the Jury-rig. By reinforcing the mechanical parts and fine-tuning the magical, the legs endurance and strength can be increased, leading to greater speed and jumping ability. Combined with the Magic-Type, the Mech-type offers greater push forward, while the Magic-type controls the speed with it's improved movement. [Mech/Magic-type grants endurance in strenuous operation and greater leg strength. This translates to leaping and increased speed. Pushing off the ground is needed, but it has a quick start-up to a run from a standstill. It's control over the resulting movement is lacking. The Magic/Mech-type grants this control, allowing a loping gait to be achieved. Right foot starts, and left foot alters, before right foot continues, and so on.]

Jury-rig: Arquebusier Magic/Mech-type Left Leg
Arquebusier Left Leg for the part. Left Leg Magic Scrap for the Jury-rig. By adding greater power throughout the magical parts, the spirits have more strength to affect what touches the leg. Fine-tuning the mechanical parts then leads to increased defense against attacks and better control over movement. Combined with the Mech-Type, the Magic-type grants greater control over momentum, while the Mech-type is what grants the speed with it's increased strength and push. [Magic/Mech-type grants defense against damage and movement control thanks to the magic of the spirits. Requires the foot (be) touch(ing) the ground for the control to kick in. It does not grant greater speed on it's own, but with the Mech/Magic-Type, a loping gait is possible. Left Foot controls, right foot pushes, and left foot changes the direction, movement in sequence.]

You put your right foot forward and your left foot back, push off with the right and the left comes down. Speed through strength without control, and control of movement without any more strength for it to be needed. Fine Tuning over the rest can be considered making sure everything fits together with the new improvements and don't affect them negatively.

Revision: Arquebusier Torso Balance Mod
A focus by our teams to balance the torso to a higher degree, making rolls and running smoother and easier. Included is basic programming/training to assist the pilot based upon our military training and sensor data we gathered. The planned result is for the Arquebusier to be able to perform movements as smoothly as our best trained personnel.(or to a higher degree at least)

Quote from: Planned Votebox
Blueprints/Jury-Rigs
Blueprint: Hyperborea: (1) TricMagic
Jury Rig: Blowback Flame: (0)
Jury-Rig: Holy Flame Circle: (1) TricMagic
[2] Jury-Rigs: AM/M Legs: (0)

Revision
None: (0)
Arquebusier Torso Revision: Balance Mod: (1) TricMagic
« Last Edit: October 19, 2020, 11:11:08 am by TricMagic »

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 20, 2020, 12:11:08 pm »

Jury-Rig: Arquebusier Right Leg Mechanical Suspension Upgrade
Using the Mech Right Leg Scrap we procured, we have made comprehensive upgrades to the mechanical aspects of the Arquebusier's right leg suspension system, allowing it to attain superior speeds and higher accuracy. The suspension's strength is generally increased and made more capable of holding the torso and therefore the weapons more stable when moving or stationary.

Jury-Rig: Arquebusier Left Leg Magical Agility Enchantment
For the other leg, we have some Magic Left Leg Scrap practically begging to be incorporated into the Arquebusier's legs in order to make them a lot less bad. Or, at least, y'know, mediocre. Regardless, we've gone ahead and worked on integrating the magical leg scrap into the Arquebusier's left leg in order to add agility and speed to the leg, by giving the spirits a little more magical power backing up their movements and actions. This allows faster and stronger reactions and effects, driving the leg to go faster and be a little more agile.

Revision: Arquebusier Head Improved Targeting Ghosts
Our long-range weaponry is our focus, at least for now, and so we need an appropriate targeting system to go along with that. This small improvement focuses on summoning some ghosts to do long-range target acquisition and tracking, sending back data to the various other targeting apparatus in the head via ethereal connections to other ghosts. Some of them are constantly angrily yelling back and forth, and some hold polite conversation, but either way the ghosts do manage to convey the necessary information in a timely fashion and are somewhat better at it than the present mech head's equipment is.

Quote from: Votebox
Blueprints/Jury-Rigs: Pick Two
Jury-Rig: Arquebusier Right Leg Mechanical Suspension Upgrade: (1) Madman
Jury-Rig: Arquebusier Left Leg Magical Agility Enchantment: (1) Madman

Revisions: Pick One
Arquebusier Head Improved Targeting Ghosts: (1) Madman

"None" is not a valid revision option, and the basic "make legs better" double proposal isn't going to fly since the GM asked that it at least be split up into two more easily referenceable components.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 20, 2020, 12:22:14 pm »

Jury-Rig: Arquebusier Right Leg Mechanical Suspension Upgrade: (2) Madman, Kashyyk
Jury-Rig: Arquebusier Left Leg Magical Agility Enchantment: (2) Madman, Kashyyk

Arquebusier Head Improved Targeting Ghosts: (2) Madman, Kashyyk

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 20, 2020, 12:30:13 pm »

Blueprint: Hyperborea: (0)
Jury-Rig: Holy Flame Circle: (0)
Jury-Rig: Arquebusier Right Leg Mechanical Suspension Upgrade: (3) Madman, Kashyyk, TricMagic
Jury-Rig: Arquebusier Left Leg Magical Agility Enchantment: (3) Madman, Kashyyk, TricMagic

Arquebusier Torso Revision: Balance Mod: (0)
Arquebusier Head Improved Targeting Ghosts: (2) Madman, Kashyyk, TricMagic

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: Ramshackle Titans - Knights Reliquar Thread - M1 Deployment
« Reply #103 on: November 24, 2020, 05:09:51 pm »

Month One - Design/Revision Phase Results

Quote from: Jury-Rig: Arquebusier Right Leg Mechanical Suspension Upgrade
Using the Mech Right Leg Scrap we procured, we have made comprehensive upgrades to the mechanical aspects of the Arquebusier's right leg suspension system, allowing it to attain superior speeds and higher accuracy. The suspension's strength is generally increased and made more capable of holding the torso and therefore the weapons more stable when moving or stationary.
Difficulty: Normal
Roll: (3+6)=9, Above Average.

Despite his remarkably young age, Moos Rademaker was assigned to be the chief engineer on the Knights Reliquar Expeditionary Force for a few reasons. One of these reasons is admittedly charity, to some extent - Moos is someone who is to some degree a victim of warfare; even if his hometown hadn't been destroyed by the war, the shakeups and challenges presented by the brutal Titan warfare on Gurney III would have likely set him adrift otherwise. But it is a job that he is well-suited for - aside from a natural talent for mathematics and engineering, Moos has been able to glean experience from working around the oft-damaged and destroyed Titans on his home planet, seeing in action principles of Titan design and the results of design flaws and consequences. Combined with his nervous demeanor, this makes for a strength in analyzing mechanical Titan work, and in accentuating strengths and mitigating weakness.

Thus, when asked to make "comprehensive upgrades" to the right leg of the KREF's current only Titan, it was something that Moos was able to pull off with competence. Ultimately, the poor leg design of the Arquebusier is less the result of incompetence, and more a concession made to the needs of the design. As the Arquebusier is designed explicitly to be as compact as possible, its legs are extremely foldable, designed to tuck up under the rest of the Titan in transport, or be folded away under it if the Titan needs to be stored vertically - but this foldability leads to weak, and poorly capable legs. Ultimately, Moos' work consisted in large part of simply stripping away the parts of the leg that facilitated this foldability and replacing them with parts from the pieces of Titan leg he had access to. While the Arquebusier leg's core, nourishing the equipment spirits, was kept, much of the mechanical skeleton of the leg was not, and it is now allowed a more unbroken structure and suspension system.

The end result is a much more capable leg. The leg, nicknamed the "Arquetwosier" Right Leg, is moderately faster, as a result of no longer having to compensate for potentially dangerous shocks in routine operation - the sturdier frame and the more complete suspension system allow for more powerful movements done more rapidly. It also allows for somewhat more accurate fire while staying stationary, as the Titan can put its weight on the leg and rely on its significantly increased stability to provide an improved firing platform, as intended. Finally, the leg is minorly more sturdy - no armor was added, and the leg remains somewhat thin, meaning that there's not much in the way of direct defense, but fewer failure points does mean fewer failures.

"Arquetwosier" Right Leg: (Mech/Magic)
Although not exactly bursting with quirks, the "Arquetwosier" is a sufficient, reliable leg. Consisting mostly of a relatively solid mechanical frame and suspension system, the "Arquetwosier" has internal components that have been imbued with spirits; the actual movement of the leg is driven by the spirits, in turn given magical nourishment by a core of aetheric energy within the leg. Thanks to the reworking of the mechanical aspects of the leg, the "Arquetwosier" operates with moderate speed, provides a moderate (but smaller) boost to accuracy when standing still, and has some basic sturdiness to it, though it is still only lightly armored.

Quote from: Jury-Rig: Arquebusier Left Leg Magical Agility Enchantment
For the other leg, we have some Magic Left Leg Scrap practically begging to be incorporated into the Arquebusier's legs in order to make them a lot less bad. Or, at least, y'know, mediocre. Regardless, we've gone ahead and worked on integrating the magical leg scrap into the Arquebusier's left leg in order to add agility and speed to the leg, by giving the spirits a little more magical power backing up their movements and actions. This allows faster and stronger reactions and effects, driving the leg to go faster and be a little more agile.
Difficulty: Easy
Roll: (4+3)+1=9, Average.

In comparison to the fairly involved process that was replacing most of the Arquebusier's right leg, it was relatively simple to provide a boost to the power of the machine spirits making up the moving parts of the left leg. Moos still had to go and get Christel to provide some assistance, being much more mechanically-inclined than magically-inclined, but after a patient explanation from Connétable Lachapelle (who is always happy to provide assistance to her juniors, even if it's technically outside her second-in-command role), it was concluded that they really just had to provide the machine spirits in that leg with a better source of energy. Although these machine spirits are capable of existing and to a degree operating without an external energy source for some time, to perform Titan-scale work it is typically required to have aetheric energy (the kind emanated by the Arehan star) or some other magical energy for the spirits to use.

So Moos just took the Magic Left Leg Scrap they'd received from the larger Knights Reliquar, ground up the aetheric bits, and shoved them into the core within the Arquebusier's left leg. To be fair, it seems to have worked out just fine. As a result, the movement of the leg is much stronger and significantly faster, allowing the Titan to push off the ground better with this leg, and move it at a significantly faster rate. Additionally, thanks to the natively-high levels of articulation of the Arquebusier's left leg (even if that had been designed to allow folding) being paired with the increased machine-spirit strength, the leg is very agile. However, the native Arquebusier wasn't designed that way for a reason - these areas of articulation are also still failure points, and under moments of abnormally high stress, it's possible they may fail.

"Arcanebusier" Left Leg: (Mech/Magic)
A fairly straightforward upgrade of the Arquebusier's left leg, the "Arcanebusier" left leg has received a significant boost in speed and in agility compared to its base, able to move at a moderately fast pace with outright good agility thanks to taking advantage of what is typically a weakness in the structure of the Arquebusier's legs. However, that structure still is a weakness. As the mechanical structure of the leg was not upgraded, only the core powering the machine spirits driving that leg, the "Arcanebusier" is still rather fragile - and if it is damaged or if the other leg is sufficiently damaged to prevent it from holding much of the Titan's weight, the agility of the leg needs to be toned down lest joint failure be risked.

Quote from: Revision: Arquebusier Head Improved Targeting Ghosts
Our long-range weaponry is our focus, at least for now, and so we need an appropriate targeting system to go along with that. This small improvement focuses on summoning some ghosts to do long-range target acquisition and tracking, sending back data to the various other targeting apparatus in the head via ethereal connections to other ghosts. Some of them are constantly angrily yelling back and forth, and some hold polite conversation, but either way the ghosts do manage to convey the necessary information in a timely fashion and are somewhat better at it than the present mech head's equipment is.
Difficulty: Normal
Roll: (6+1)=7, Average.

Moos originally had a rather imaginative plan for this piece of work in a moment of rare excitement driven by the success of his other work this month, and was going to suggest putting a large number of ghosts into the head, and they'd maybe argue and talk but they'd convey information and- Diesel Engine B27XD5, in a moment of mercy driven both by appreciation for the work put into his fellow machine spirits and by dreading the pain that dealing with five to ten ghosts would cause, gently suggested to Moos that there probably didn't really need to be more than one or two ghosts doing targeting work, so long as they were suited to it.

The Puerta brothers were in life a pair of snipers from outside of the sector, having drifted aimlessly among ships for quite some time after their death in a boarding action during the war they were involved in. They are, as snipers must be, skilled in the art of target acquisition, and their addition to the Arquebusier's head thus provides an advantage in that aspect during combat. They don't actually increase the peak accuracy of the Titan (after all, the weapons being fired are still the same weapons), but they do shorten the time it takes to aim a weapon, including carryable weapons like the Dragonnade, meaning that initial shots fired at targets are noticeably quicker, especially at long range. It's not an insanely powerful boost, but it is a significant one. Additionally, with only one exception, the brothers are quiet and professional and thus not prone to being disruptive.

Arquebusier Native Head: (Mech/Magic)
A fairly unremarkable head. Though it's structurally just mechanical, the machine spirits in the electronics keep it Mech/Magic. The addition of two ghosts, the dead sniper Puerta Brothers, provides bonuses to target acquisition and thus allows the pilot to take the initial shots at targets much more quickly, especially at long range where doing so could otherwise take much more time. The Puerta Brothers are generally quiet and non-disruptive, but don't get along with Rozhestvensky. (To be fair, nobody gets along with Rozhestvensky.)

Next up is your first Deployment phase, where you're going to specify what you're sending down, who you're sending down, and how they should fight! This phase should be pretty easy because there aren't exactly a ton of options around your Titan, though you'll still have to choose your pilot and your tactics. Please vote for this in "plan" style, because the structure of how this needs to be done is going to be essentially impossible to do option-by-option. Here's an example quote for how your deployment votes should look:

Quote from: A Man, a Plan, an Example
Pilot: Jalen Elliott
Tactics: One to two sentences describing what the Pilot should try to do during the mission.

Titan: Arquebusier-class Light Titan (you can give it a name, if you want)
Titan Parts: Arquebusier Torso
-Mounted Equipment: Medium: Empty Slot
Arquebusier Native Head
Arquebusier Native Left Arm
-Mounted Equipment: Magimechanical Small Laser
Arquebusier Native Right Arm
"Arcanebusier" Left Leg
"Arquetwosier" Right Leg
Carried: Dragonnade Railgun
Spoiler: Titans (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Parts and Equipment (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Blueprints (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Owned Scrap (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Pilots (click to show/hide)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ramshackle Titans - Knights Reliquar Thread - M1 Deployment
« Reply #104 on: November 24, 2020, 05:21:34 pm »

Quote from: A Man, a Plan, a Sortie
Pilot: Jalen Elliott
Tactics: Primary Target is mostly stationary. Remain at long range, moving positions when necessary to avoid counterfire. Other than that, pepper them at range with the Dragonnade at every opportunity.

Titan: Arquebusier-class Light Titan (you can give it a name, if you want)
Titan Parts: Arquebusier Torso
-Mounted Equipment: Medium: Empty Slot
Arquebusier Native Head
Arquebusier Native Left Arm
Arquebusier Native Right Arm
"Arcanebusier" Left Leg
"Arquetwosier" Right Leg
Carried: Dragonnade Railgun
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 05:23:50 pm by TricMagic »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10