Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10

Author Topic: Ramshackle Titans - Knights Reliquar Thread - M2 Deployment  (Read 9698 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: Ramshackle Titans - Knights Reliquar Thread
« Reply #75 on: August 24, 2020, 09:23:54 pm »

Quote from: Sentinelle Deployable Autonomous Turret

The idea of the Sentinelle is simple: Allowing our mechs to shoot from more than one place at the same time. This carryable equipment is, for all intents and purposes, a magimechanical railgun sized for being held in the hands rather than as part of the mech; it can be used as such if the mech doesn't have the time to use it's primary function, or just wants to have the big gun for themselves. Standard, nothing fancy.

That's not the point though. The Sentinelle is possessed, and can be controlled by, it's very own spirit. Upon finding a solid vantage point, a mech equiped with the Sentinelle can 'deploy' the weapon. This involves basically pulling the stock off and unfolding it into a makeshift turret mount and then bolting the railgun to it, and making sure it's got plenty of ammo in the feed. This lets the Sentinelle act as an autonomous turret; and being able to separate yourself and one of your guns carries quite a few benefits. It can be used to set up a one man crossfire, pincering an enemy between the mech and it's turret. Or, the turret can be set in a sniper's nest and provide covering fire while the mech gets closer. The tactical flexibility this provides is nothing to scoff at, and will serve us especially well while we still only have one mech.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 25, 2020, 10:14:00 am »

Quote from: Votebox Prototype
[Normal MoP]Arsonist Custom Legs: ()
[Normal TM]Hyperborea (1) TricMagic
[Normal TM]Shield Generator Avalon-H: ()
[Normal MoP]Drone Launcher Gemini: (1) MoP
[Hard MM]Battle Standard: (1) Madman
[Hard Emp]Dragonnade Railgun: (2) Empiricist, Strider
[Unreviewed] SIN: ()
[Unreviewed] Nonstandard Munitions Projector Rifle: ()
[Unreviewed] Holy Hand Grenade: ()
[Unreviewed] Lightning Buster: ()
« Last Edit: August 25, 2020, 10:18:55 am by Strider03 »
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 25, 2020, 06:52:12 pm »

[Normal TM]Hyperborea ()
[Hard Emp]Dragonnade Railgun: (3) Empiricist, Strider, TricMagic

Update approaches. As much as I like all-terrain movement on top of being fast, might as well switch now to the other option.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 26, 2020, 11:44:39 pm »

[Normal TM]Hyperborea ()
[Hard Emp]Dragonnade Railgun: (3) Empiricist, Strider, TricMagic, AzyWng

I think I'm gonna go for the railgun - even if the others do sound nice.

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 27, 2020, 11:01:20 pm »

[Normal TM]Hyperborea ()
[Hard Emp]Dragonnade Railgun: (4) Empiricist, Strider, TricMagic, AzyWng, Cronos5010

I think I'm gonna go for the railgun - even if the others do sound nice.
I'm going to go for the option that slowly pushes us into creating shipgirls.
"I guess I gotta get all funky if I'm gonna make this work."-Stretch Armstrong

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 07, 2020, 07:34:43 pm »

Month One -- Navigation Phase

Travel on a Rapid-Pair Ship is not, relatively speaking, a very fast process. In absolute terms, of course, it is blazingly fast, with Rapid-Pair Ships traveling spaces light-years wide in a mere couple of months, but to travellers used to the instant transportation between systems within sectors courtesy of Pair Stations, well, the wait can seem interminable indeed. After all, while a normal, fixed-orbit Pair-Station simply transfers objects around it to being somewhere around its partner, from one station to the other across star systems instantly, Rapid-Pair Ships take advantage of the limited relative movement involved there to essentially teleport each other (relatively) short distances a very, very, very large number of times, very rapidly. That's typically several million teleportations, in the longest cases billions, and no matter how blazingly fast Rapid-Pair Ships can make those jumps, that's going to take a while.

On the bright side, though, when you're on-board a Rapid-Pair Ship you live like a king, to a degree that is barely an exaggeration. Docking space on a Rapid-Pair Ship has a cost that even empires wince at, and this is the result of the cost of maintenance of the absurdly complex drives and the equally absurd reactors that power them. Therefore, amenities in the passenger parts of the ships like supremely comfortable accommodations, a bevy of unique, varied, and delicious foods, many forms of recreation, and immaculate service all are so cheap in comparison that commercial Rapid-Pair Ship providers find the cost-benefit analysis to be an easy one, and Exploratory Systems Incorporated is no exception.

It's just a shame that the Knights Reliquar Expeditionary Force didn't get to enjoy it for more than a week.

Žaneta Vasiliauskas had commanded several deployments over the course of her fourty-eight years of life. These deployments had ranged from trivial, like a home deployment around the Avalon that turned out to more or less just be providing security for a long political summit, to long, grueling slogs -- Gurney III was neither the first nor, likely, the last of those. She'd fought in jungles, fought in desolate mountains, fought on arctic ice, fought on barren moons, fought on asteroids... and so this all meant that she was finding herself very ill-at-ease in the royal comfort of the Sojourner.

Ultimately, whereas Moos went for the recreation deck immediately, and Diesel... did... whatever a spirit does on what is effectively a cruise, Žaneta wasn't sure, Žaneta found herself in the lounge by the dining area. It had ended up becoming a bit of a demented conga line of Knights Reliquar -- because Žaneta didn't feel the need to have recreation time, she was the one who informally took on "Christel Duty", following her second-in-command around and making sure she didn't get in trouble proselytizing people. ("Do you have room in your life for a god -- any god?") Jalen followed along, very obviously just wanting to get to stare at Christel some ("Do you ever feel that you need someone to protect you as you fight the good fight?"), and then Yana followed after him, out of what Žaneta suspected was just opportunistic desire to be around the commanders and her fellow pilot. But the end result was that Žaneta was sitting in the lounge with most of the major personnel of the Knights Reliquar, feeling like rolling her eyes out.

But that changed when she heard a commotion -- turning her glance over to one corner of the lounge, she saw people shrinking back from Jalen's position, as Jalen appeared to be squaring himself to get into a fight with a fifteen-year-old. Wait... said fifteen-year-old seemed familiar. And she was saying something... "I do not believe it! We leave Gurney and we still can't be rid of you! Years on that stupid planet and I leave and here the Arehans are again! Oh, this can not stand! Maybe you think I can be dealt with easily because I am young, but I am an Unrivalled Princess!" Oh. It was her. Princess Rivalla's image was quite public on Gurney, and it had not been a conflict good for anybody there. And lo and behold, the Princess' tune changed very fast when Žaneta started approaching, Yana following. She hauled ass right into the dining room, where she appeared to be asking for somebody's help. Said person was a dark-skinned man of fair height and a military set to his shoulders, who glanced coolly back at Žaneta and her pilots before returning dismissively to his business.

Only when Žaneta was nearly within an arm's length of him did the commander of Rivalla's Retinue finally turn around, looking at her impassively. She wasn't sure if to be insulted by his demeanor, or to be impressed by how bold his response had been, but either way, Žaneta knew what she had to do. If their crews were brawling with each other throughout the trip, her people would never be safe -- so she was going to prove her point and settle things right here and now. "So... if the 'Unrivalled' Princess has run to you, I assume that means that you are an officer in her company?"

His arms crossed, the Unrivalled commander replied to her with the same sort of stoic iron that had been so impressive. "I am. Commanding field operations. Captain Lanre Adebayo."

Žaneta smiled a little -- despite herself, she liked this opposing commander Lanre a little. "Alright, then. I am Commandeur des Chevaliers Žaneta Vasiliauskas, leader of this detachment of the Knights Reliquar. I commanded when we fought you on Gurney -- and I cannot tolerate your presence here. But a wide brawl would be too destructive -- let us settle this for now one-on-one. I challenge you to a fistfight, right here, and right now. How do you respond to this challenge?"

Lanre turned back and addressed who must have been another one of his crew. "Mihail, please hold the Princess back. I accept. L--"

Žaneta rushed him before he even finished his sentence. Sure, it was a little bit of a dirty trick, but Lanre was about twenty years younger than her and rather larger, so that was the sort of thing she would need to win. Žaneta had learned during her many campaigns that sometimes, aggression done very suddenly and targeted well could turn the tables on just about any disadvantage. And, indeed, at first things seemed to be going very smoothly, as even Lanre, as stoic as he was, seemed entirely unprepared for the hurricane of blows she dealt to him. She had always made sure to exercise heavily and keep much stronger than her wiry frame would communicate, and the end result was that Lanre seemed to wither under the blows dealt all over his body. Too late, though, she realized that she had allowed herself to become overconfident, as Lanre had been playing into her perception of weakness... and she realized this after a haymaker of a right hook that slipped past her guard and caused stars to pop into her vision for a moment. "You're stronger than I expected," her foe spoke, "I'll give you that. But this won't be too easy."

Žaneta responded with a grunt and a nod -- he was right, there. She'd gone and underestimated her opponent. She still felt that aggression targeted well could make up for disadvantages... but it had to be targeted well. So Žaneta focused on doing exactly that -- she leapt at him again, but when he attempted to strike her, she instead wove around it and grabbed his arm, slamming the rear of his elbow twice with the heel of her palm, something Žaneta could tell the man felt thanks to the pained grunts he let out. And she made a pattern of that, dealing out blows to his arms and shoulders whenever he wasn't striking at her, and grabbing his arm and punishing it whenever he did. Once again, it worked beautifully, until she grew predictable, and one grab of his arm was suddenly punished with a pull that brought her off balance, and then a brutal SLAM of his skull against hers.

It was hard to think, but one thought was this: "Damn, he's as opportunistic as I am." Still, his arm did look broken to her... so she just had to press that, twist, and he'd be forced to submit.

And that's when the ship's security hauled everyone involved away in front of a shocked crowd of onlookers, which earned the entirety of the Knights Reliquar a ban from the interior of the Sojourner, leaving everyone stuck aboard the frigate and shuttles for a solid four months, growing impatient and frustrated. And it turned out that Žaneta had suffered a severe concussion, making her the first injury of the expeditionary campaign.

She was weirdly jazzed about that.

With the long wait, spirits among the crew were quite high when the Sojourner finally arrived in the system and released Le Bouclier, the backdrop of stars flashing back-and-forth potentially seizure-inducingly quickly (to humans, at least, spirits don't usually have epilepsy, or nervous systems) finally replaced by the more serene backdrop of a stationary system. The system had five planets, but the inhabited one was quite easy indeed to pick out and navigate to -- two of the planets were gas giants, one was on the verge of being a dwarf planet very far out, one was a nearly molten rock right near the sun, and the sole remaining planet was a ball of mostly green and brown a mite closer to the sun-edge of the habitable zone than is typically considered comfortable. Once in orbit over the planet, closer inspection reveals the nature of the planet's, well, nature.

The central third or so of the planet is the most uniform, being mostly a band of wide, scorching desert that seems mostly uninhabitable, with only occasional mountain chains and their associated lakes and streams providing oases. Moving towards the mid-latitudes the terrain begins to vary, sahel terrain broken up by more green savannahs around rivers, in turn spawned and broken up by the mountains, plateaus, and highlands which the planet has in fair abundance. Oceans appear in these mid-latitude areas; small ones, which make up the minority of the planet's surface, but oceans nonetheless, and with them comes a bevy of more temperate terrain -- plains, forests, etcetera. In the north, the largest ocean exists along most of the northernmost latitudes of the planet, but still leaving a thick inlet of land to extend all the way north, transferring from jungles to forests to taiga to icy, mostly-bare land at the pole. In the south, there are a smattering of smaller oceans, which leave most of the southern hemisphere of the planet sahel/savannah and arid, except for the areas of green that branch out from the areas around the oceans, where you do see warm forests and occasionally jungles, but also much of the arable plains of the planet, especially around the freshwater lakes. A ring of taiga exists around a small ocean at the south pole, though most of that ocean's surface is taken up by the glaciers of the south pole, leaving only a small ring of water.

At night, the patterns of lights reveal the inhabitation of the planet -- quite sparse, with some small towns around the oases in the deserts, with larger cities near to the oceans. Most of the areas around the small southern oceans are largely rural, with one or two cities shining brightly and dominating these oceanic areas, lights thinly scattered beyond them. The two most densely populated areas are the northern inlet, which has several cities and town spread across its jungle and forests, and the largest of the southern oceans, which has an extra-large city shining brightly and a cluster of cities and towns around that city, in addition to the rural population seen around the other southern oceans. There are also a surprisingly large number of mobile settlements that appear to move a little day by day. These are all the steady white color and setup of electric lighting... but those electric lights almost completely vanish around the taiga. Around the pole are tightly clustered setups of a purple haze -- lighting that appears to be magical and ritual in nature, which appears almost nowhere else. Only a few, small, adventurous settlements of either technological or magical nature exist in the taiga, sometimes clearly intentionally set near each other.

Spoiler: Rumors (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Trade (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Navigation (click to show/hide)

With Le Bouclier freshly arrived from the Sojourner this month rather than moving from one system to another, there isn't a lot to do this Navigation Phase. However, your home empire at least gave you a relatively generous amount of scrap, partially filling the one of the 2 Titan shuttles that doesn't have a Titan in it. Choose five of the following ten pieces of scrap to have brought with you:

Spoiler: Scrap Choice (click to show/hide)

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 07, 2020, 08:18:26 pm »

I'd personally prefer
Quote from: votebox
Destroyed Laser Weapon: (0)
Mech Left Arm Scrap: (0)
Mech Right Leg Scrap: (1) Strider03
Mech Scrap with Complicated Electronics: (0)
Mech Scrap with Advanced Metals: (1) Strider03
Destroyed Fireball Weapon: (0)
Magic Left Leg Scrap: (1) Strider03
Magic Head Scrap: (1) Strider03
Magic Scrap with Conjuration Ritual Components: (0)
Magic Scrap with Demonic Essence: (1) Strider03

Double leg scrap so that we can build a good platform for our existing and future weapons, along with advanced metals and demonic essence because I think they're neat. They can be used well to support building the frame of our system. I feel like complicated electronics and conjuration are better for weaponry, sensing, and defensive designs. The head is there because I was not sure what else to put as my 5th vote. I may change if I see arguments for other parts.
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 08, 2020, 07:34:11 am »

On a phone, and not to sure yet on what to go for, but here’s some things I’m thinking:

I think I want the scrap with the Conjuration ritual components. I’m thinking conjuration could give us infinite ammo or drone bays that print more drones. Advanced metals pairs well with that. Legs makes sense too. I’m thinking head scrap too, try to get an improved cockpit asap to protect the meat maybe

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 08, 2020, 11:48:09 am »

Quote from: Scrapbox
Mech Right Leg Scrap: (2) Strider03, TricMagic
Mech Scrap with Complicated Electronics: (1) TricMagic
Mech Scrap with Advanced Metals: (1) Strider03
Destroyed Fireball Weapon: (0)
Magic Left Leg Scrap: (2) Strider03, TricMagic
Magic Scrap with Conjuration Ritual Components: (1) TricMagic
Magic Scrap with Demonic Essence: (2) Strider03, TricMagic

Conjuration for demons. Electronics for an improved weapon. Leg scraps for legs, Mech/Magic can still maybe be combined into my previous idea, perhaps.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 13, 2020, 12:55:34 pm »

Mech Right Leg Scrap: (3) Strider03, TricMagic, Twinwolf
Mech Scrap with Advanced Metals: (2) Strider03, Twinwolf
Destroyed Fireball Weapon: (1) Twinwolf
Magic Left Leg Scrap: (3) Strider03, TricMagic, Twinwolf
Magic Scrap with Conjuration Ritual Components: (2) TricMagic, Twinwolf

So the logic is
Left and Right Leg Scrap
Some technical scrap to use with them
And then the last one is just a personal preference, I like fireball weapon so I went with it but don't much care one way or another.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 13, 2020, 02:07:59 pm »

Mech Right Leg Scrap: (4) Strider03, TricMagic, Twinwolf, Nemonole
Mech Scrap with Advanced Metals: (3) Strider03, Twinwolf, Nemonole
Destroyed Fireball Weapon: (2) Twinwolf, Nemonole
Magic Left Leg Scrap: (4) Strider03, TricMagic, Twinwolf, Nemonole
Magic Scrap with Conjuration Ritual Components: (3) TricMagic, Twinwolf, Nemonole

Mmm. Agree with your logic Twin, and that Fireball weapon could very well help us replace that now empty weapon slot our titan has.

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 13, 2020, 02:14:18 pm »

Mech Right Leg Scrap: (5) Strider03, TricMagic, Twinwolf, Nemonole, Madman
Mech Scrap with Advanced Metals: (4) Strider03, Twinwolf, Nemonole, Madman
Destroyed Fireball Weapon: (3) Twinwolf, Nemonole, Madman
Magic Left Leg Scrap: (5) Strider03, TricMagic, Twinwolf, Nemonole, Madman
Magic Scrap with Conjuration Ritual Components: (4) TricMagic, Twinwolf, Nemonole, Madman
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 13, 2020, 03:50:00 pm »

Mech Right Leg Scrap: (6) Strider03, TricMagic, Twinwolf, Nemonole, Madman, AzyWng
Mech Scrap with Advanced Metals: (5) Strider03, Twinwolf, Nemonole, Madman, AzyWng
Destroyed Fireball Weapon: (4) Twinwolf, Nemonole, Madman, AzyWng
Magic Left Leg Scrap: (6) Strider03, TricMagic, Twinwolf, Nemonole, Madman, AzyWng
Magic Scrap with Conjuration Ritual Components: (5) TricMagic, Twinwolf, Nemonole, Madman, AzyWng

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: Ramshackle Titans - Knights Reliquar Thread - M1 Mission Choice
« Reply #88 on: September 27, 2020, 01:52:49 am »

Month One -- Mission Choice Phase

The bridge of Le Bouclier was an ornate affair. In fact, some would say that the bridge was too ornate, with the functional aspects of the bridge taking up just a little less space than quite comfortable in favor of an admittedly impressive-looking meeting area. (Yana, in fact, had already complained to Žaneta about just that, her Avalonian sensibilities offended by the impracticality of assigning so much bridge space to a table.) The meeting area consisted of a beautiful, dark wood table, carved smoothly with ornamental trim and an intricate piece of heraldry engraved into its center. A set of four screens hung down above the center, giving those at the table, from all four angles, a view of whatever is being displayed.

Žaneta, to tell the truth, was quite pleased to be finally holding a meeting here with all of her officers. The previous months aboard Le Bouclier had mostly consisted of tolerating the eccentricities of the various members of the Knights Reliquar Expeditionary Force, and... perhaps engaging in an eccentricity or two of her own. But now that they were finally in the warzone they were meant to be in, and now they were able to perform their purpose. And that purpose was an important one, steeped in their newfound purpose of their god after his rescue in Areha. It was their mission from Le Blason to protect the peoples of the universe through combat... and that importance, as well as the prestige of their storied organization, was something that Žaneta wanted to impress on her officers. She cleared her throat and began. "Attention, Chevaliers of the Knights Reliquar! Now, after our long journey we have arrived here in the Sommet Sector, here in the Chopta System! We are going to begin our sacred mission here, to relieve the suffering that has grasped this place and to punish those who would take advantage of it! But we start from a precarious position. Frčre-Chevalier Rademaker, Connčtable Spirituel B27XD5, report on the readiness of your departments."

Žaneta watched Moos Rademaker --definitely very young for a chief engineer, quite a bit younger than many of the people he was commanding, but undeniably knowledgeable-- shift around awkwardly for a couple of moments, before setting his shoulders. "U-um, engineering is fully ready, ma'am! We've fully processed and analyzed the scrap, and our Titan and its parts are operating to full capacity!"

Next, it was Diesel Engine B27XD5. Given that his appearance was that of a holographic projection of a design of a robotic-like head constructed of heavy metal and pumping pistons, it was not exactly easy to divine his expression. "Machines of the Machine Union are functioning and currently responsive to requests and demands. Rozhestvensky is currently subdued, though he's been getting antsy now that he can tell combat is getting near. We'll be negotiating additional privileges for keeping him under control." Žaneta had to fight to keep a straight face as Moos, who was still going to have to be involved in that process hands-on, winced.

She cleared her throat once more and turned to her second-in-command. "Christel, what are we looking at in terms of missions available to us this month, since we are here playing mercenary?"

Connétable Christel Lachapelle, somebody who took both her spiritual duties and her mundane ones with quite a bit of vigor, practically sprang up to her feet as she flashed a remote at the screens up top, playing a little presentation that she'd prepared, sometimes with visuals... a little inappropriately colorful. "Right! To my surprise, when I advertised that we were looking to act as mercenaries, I gained a lot of responses in a very small timeframe. It seems that the Chopta system is in great turmoil with the withdrawal of 85% of the forces of its previous administrators from their homeworld, and a terrible amount of fighting is breaking out, even with the sparse population. To some degree, and I do hate to say this because of the suffering that comes with it, but this works out for us -- we were told many times that 'normally we wouldn't have offered this job to someone with no record in the sector'. Now, of course, I pulled out many requests which were just... requests to aid in predation and banditry and the worst, bloodiest kind of brutishness, but we still have a choice of three missions I found morally acceptable! So, here they are..."

Spoiler: Mission Choice (click to show/hide)
(You can also expect to take some battle scrap from the opponents you defeat; right now, this would probably be around one or two pieces of scrap, unless especially destructive or preservative gear and tactics are chosen.)

Spoiler: Titans (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Parts and Equipment (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Blueprints (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Owned Scrap (click to show/hide)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: Ramshackle Titans - Knights Reliquar Thread - M1 Mission Choice
« Reply #89 on: September 28, 2020, 04:38:50 am »

So, the second mission isn't all that valuable to us, because Organic Scrap is not our thing. The first mission seems like a pretty safe choice, considering our target is heavily damaged.

However, I think we should go for the high risk, high reward option. We'll get a fully functional weapon out of it to put in our empty medium slot, that fits with our current mid/long-range doctrine. We then get about the same amount of scrap as the other missions on top of that.

That scrap will primarily be for Jury-Rigging and repairing I suspect, because designing a blueprint that uses exactly the scrap we already have on hand seems unlikely. Thus we'd have to then hunt for the scrap we want as otherwise the blueprint would be a wasted action. Of course, it could all go belly up, but as we aren't guaranteed to fight the Retinue every turn I think we can afford the risk.

Quote from: Mission Votes
() Northern Settlers' Alliance :
() Empire of the Fifhurst Crown :
(1) Middle Belt Republic : Kashyyk
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10