Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Medieval Lords  (Read 8188 times)

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
Re: Medieval Lords
« Reply #75 on: August 27, 2020, 04:44:16 am »

Excited to see this back, but HOT DAMN, REALLY? All but 11 are peasants from that conquest? Ouuuuuuch! Dice gods were mean apparently.

Re-raising the 4 L Infantry
Pay tithe in Crowns
Sell .9 food for .45 gold on the market.
Attack a western non-empire barony

Spoiler: Kreed Lungstodt (click to show/hide)

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 30, 2020, 03:52:36 pm »

Not saying I'm going to update today. Just wondering where the other lords are.
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 30, 2020, 04:26:11 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
From a1s Purchase 7 gold for 7 crowns, purchase 1 food for 1.5 crowns
Pay Tithe in Troops
Pay 0.9 Troops for 0.45 Gold

In the market there is 1 gold for [purchase options](0.45 remaining) I’m assuming this means 0.45 gold remaining, so in the case of 0.35/0.45, how will you handle to resulting repeating number of 0.7? (couldn’t find an over line so underline signifies repeating) Do I pay 0.7 troops for 0.45 gold? 0.8?
« Last Edit: September 01, 2020, 09:49:16 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 30, 2020, 04:47:45 pm »

In the market there is 1 gold for [purchase options](0.45 remaining) I’m assuming this means 0.45 gold remaining, so in the case of 0.35/0.45, how will you handle to resulting repeating number of 0.7? (couldn’t find an over line so underline signifies repeating) Do I pay 0.7 troops for 0.45 gold? 0.8?
There is 0.45 gold remaining in the market(gold is the only resource that does not increase naturally). Always assume you have to pay more.

Be forewarned that if no one sells food, troops, or crowns to the market it will continue to tank. Remember you can trade with your fellows.
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 01, 2020, 02:43:38 am »

Hey, Naturegirl, there is no need to steal food. I will gladly send some to you (and gold!) for your crowns. how much do you need?
(1:1 gold, 1.5:1 food)

Spoiler: start (click to show/hide)
Will sell stuff for crowns.

Raise 2 archers, 2 light cavalry and 2 light infantry
Attack independent viscount

Trade Gloria Springsteen 7 gold and 1 food for 8.5 of her crowns

Spoiler: end (before combat) (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 01, 2020, 09:51:27 am by a1s »
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

ctsun

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 01, 2020, 11:26:12 am »

Trade 4 food for 3.2 gold. Pay tithe in crowns. Attack another independent baron.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 01, 2020, 09:36:43 pm »

Purchase 7 gold for 7 crowns, purchase 1 food for 1.5 crowns
While I understand that you are trading with a1s(The Red Baron) it would be great if you could clarify who your trades are with.

Beginning work on the update.
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 04, 2020, 08:53:14 pm »

Turn 7 end, turn 8 start:
Yeah, we're still on! Time to recruit new Infantry. Two Heavies again to be specific. Then I'm going to bulk up with a Light Cav and a Light Infantry.

I will give a tithe of food. Then I will announce that I am selling up to 8 food at 1 Food for 0.75 Gold. If no one takes me up on this, I'll sell my food to the market instead.

No conquest today, gonna give my numbers a chance to recover.

Spoiler:  Baron(1) Klaus (click to show/hide)
Baron Klaus raised more heavy inf then tried to sell 8 food at the market, due to a lack of gold he was offered a troop and a crown instead. Do you accept the trade?
Results: -8 food, +1 troops, +1 crown

Excited to see this back, but HOT DAMN, REALLY? All but 11 are peasants from that conquest? Ouuuuuuch! Dice gods were mean apparently.

Re-raising the 4 L Infantry
Pay tithe in Crowns
Sell .9 food for .45 gold on the market.
Attack a western non-empire barony

Spoiler: Kreed Lungstodt (click to show/hide)
Baron Kreed retrained the light inf, then sold food for gold at the market. He finally lead his army to attack a western indy baron. The enemy had 4 light inf, 1 archer, and 1 light cav; after wiping there inf and archers the cav surrendered. He lost over half his light inf tho not full units(-2.1 troops to reinforce), after the battle you can choose which unit gets a bonus and what bonus(+1 hp, +1 morale, +1 attack(direct), +1 attack(morale)). 920 pop captured(245P/294Y/192K/189N)
Results: +245 peasants, +294 yeomen, +192 knights, +189 nobles, -2.1 troops

From a1s Purchase 7 gold for 7 crowns, purchase 1 food for 1.5 crowns
Pay Tithe in Troops
Pay 0.9 Troops for 0.45 Gold

Baron Gloria has made a trade with the Red Baron and sold troops for gold at the market. Other than that she didn’t do much.
Results: +38.9 peasants, +10.3 yeomen, +3.3 knights, +2.5 nobles, +1.83 food, +5.52 gold, +1.27 troops, -6.44 crowns

Hey, Naturegirl, there is no need to steal food. I will gladly send some to you (and gold!) for your crowns. how much do you need?
(1:1 gold, 1.5:1 food)

Will sell stuff for crowns.

Raise 2 archers, 2 light cavalry and 2 light infantry
Attack independent viscount

Trade Gloria Springsteen 7 gold and 1 food for 8.5 of her crowns

The Red Baron made a trade with Baron Gloria, then raised more units. He then marched with his army the enemy had 15 units with an spread across all types. This battle was the longest one yet and it took all his inf and 2 of his archers(-0.4 troops to reinforce, -4 light inf, -2 archers), after the battle you can choose which unit gets a bonus and what bonus(+1 hp, +1 morale, +1 attack(direct), +1 attack(morale)). 1840 pops captured(432P/791Y/82K/535N)
Results:+432 peasants, +791 yeomen, +82 knights, +535 nobles, -0.4 troops, - 4 light inf, -2 archers

Trade 4 food for 3.2 gold. Pay tithe in crowns. Attack another independent baron.
Baron Magnolia tries to trade food for gold, due to a lack of gold she is offered 1.05 crowns instead. She then marches her army to the north and faces a force that is slightly less than her’s. She wins the day with high losses(-2.65 troops to reinforce), after the battle you can choose which unit gets a bonus and what bonus(+1 hp, +1 morale, +1 attack(direct), +1 attack(morale)). 920 pop captured(765P/110Y/43K/2N).
Results: pending.

Once again everyone in the empire gets a crown, and the tithe is over. The Emperor decides to finance some research. 60 gold is being spent to research crown growth, only time will tell if it helps. The market is shutting down due to greedy lords not wanting to trade away their gold(apparently it is not obvious to some how I word the market, it will be going through some changes and might be back later).
Current Trade:
none
As you all can see I am adding combat mods to units and I have changed how units fight in battle here is an updated troops list:
Order of who gets hit: light inf -> heavy inf -> archers -> crossbowmen -> light cav ->heavy cav -> cav archers
Who hits when: range on round 1, cav on round 2, inf on round 3
Morale is the same as hp.

Question, errors, concerns?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2020, 09:14:03 am by MonkeyMarkMario »
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 04, 2020, 09:53:34 pm »

-6.44 what?

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 04, 2020, 10:25:13 pm »

My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 08, 2020, 03:50:10 am »

Let's try out PVP before this game completely shuts down.

Raise 10 archers and 2 light infantry,
Give archers the +1 attack (direct) bonus,
Conquer Magnolia von Seckendorff

I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 08, 2020, 07:30:08 am »

Attempt to trade with an independent barony troops for gold(think tribute for protection kind of thing, if this cannot be done, say so and I will change action accordingly)
Begin constructing food storage areas to prevent food from decaying(mechanical might be losing slightly less food than before due to better storage, if this isn’t allowed, say so and actions will be changed)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 08, 2020, 03:43:52 pm »

I'd rather have the gold, but the food isn't doing all that much for me, so I'll agree to the deal.

Then let's go conquer a foreign barony. Gotta work hard to catch up.

Spoiler:  Baron(1) Klaus (click to show/hide)

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 09, 2020, 07:51:42 pm »

Let's try out PVP before this game completely shuts down.
Was giving everyone the weekend(not to mention I have been playing the crap out of CK3).
Attempt to trade with an independent barony troops for gold(think tribute for protection kind of thing, if this cannot be done, say so and I will change action accordingly)
Begin constructing food storage areas to prevent food from decaying(mechanical might be losing slightly less food than before due to better storage, if this isn’t allowed, say so and actions will be changed)

Both are good actions, the second one won't do what you think it might(it will open up a mechanic that no one has hit yet).
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7