Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Medieval Lords  (Read 8190 times)

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Medieval Lords
« Reply #60 on: August 09, 2020, 04:55:21 pm »

That makes less sense that hvy infantry costs 3 times that of light infantry moving at half speed compared to hvy cav being 2 times over light cav but still being 2/3 as a fast. :P

I don't really know the combat mechanics behind the scenes to really suggest anything. But I'm having a go at a revamp (for fun) that I can send to you if you'd like for inspiration, once it's done.

Meantime, I'll buy a couple of units not used for playtesting purposes. So, time for my turn:

Raise 3 L Infantry, 2 Crossbowmen, 1 L Cavalry
Attack Neighboring Barony
Pay tithe in Crowns

Spoiler: Kreed Lungstodt (click to show/hide)
Ya all I did was add 1 to the upkeep cost from light to heavy so it doesn't really look right.
The revamp sounds interesting, if you make it into a game I will definitely play.

On you actions: is the neighboring barony inside or outside the empire, using almost all your troops and going out to fight is a surefire way to loose pop(especially/mostly knights).

Just waiting on ctsun to post and I can work on the update(until ctsun post's his actions you all could change your actions).
Also for simplicity sake trading will happen at the same time resource generation happens.
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 09, 2020, 06:25:42 pm »

Ahh, didn't know the repercussions of using all troops and fighting. I just assumed I'd lose the units raised if I couldn't replenish.

Altering my main post to clarify, but short end: got rid of 1 L infantry and 1 L cavalry aaand specified tis an outside the empire barony.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 11, 2020, 10:06:28 pm »

ctsun still need to post a turn, also a1s are you attacking a baron outside or inside the empire. You both have until this time tomorrow which is when I plan on post turn 5 results
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 12, 2020, 08:44:33 am »

Outside
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 12, 2020, 10:29:57 pm »

Turn 5 end, turn 6 start:
Quote from: Naturegirl1999
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pay tithe in crowns
Demote 50 N to K, 50 K to Y, and 50 Y to P
Try using some gold to purchase food
Baron Gloria told 50 Nobles to work the fields. She then did some trading with other barons in the empire and purchased 4.6 food for 4 crowns and 0.79 gold. Thanks to all the trading and food production her population has started growing again(pop increase stat up again next turn). Though now she is having a hard time paying her army(-90% morale, possible desertions)
Results: +50 peasants, - 50 nobles, +3.64 food, -3.03 gold, +1.6 troops, -1.71 crowns

Quote from: Kashyyk
Klaus will buy 4 Food for 3.2 Gold, then hire another unit of Crossbowmen and another unit of Heavy Infantry before sending the whole army to conquer that independent Baron.

Finally, we will pay a tithe of Troops.

Spoiler: Baron(1) Klaus (click to show/hide)
Baron Klaus buys all the food on the open market to stem the food problems he is starting to have, no one wants to see what has happened to Baron Gloria the past few years to happen to them. Next he doubles his army size and marches on the baron that stopped him from raiding last year. He wins though he almost loses the heavy inf in the process(-4.46 troops to reinforcements). 805 pop captured(494P/172Y/84K/55N)
Results: +494 peasants, +172 yeoman, +84 knights, +55 nobles, -4.46 troops

Quote from: a1s
Spoiler: start (click to show/hide)
Will sell stuff (crowns, troops, food) for gold.
Pay tithe in crowns
Raise 2 units of light infantry to screen my archers (although honestly they are doing fine on their own)
conquer another barony
Sell 1 food to Gloria Springsteen for 0.79 gold

The Red Baron raised 2 light inf to screen the archers and then sent his army to conquer yet another barony outside the empire. The enemy has half as many archers and an equal number of light inf, his army curb stomps them though his light inf take all the enemy arrows and almost expire(-0.8 troops to reinforce). 805 pop captured(109P/437Y/47K/212N)
Results: +109 peasants, +437 yeoman, +47 knights, +212 nobles, -0.8 troops

Quote from: Maxinum McDreich
Raise 2 L Infantry, 2 Crossbowmen
Attack Neighboring (or closes) non-empire Barony
Pay tithe in Crowns
Baron Kreed raises up an army split evenly of light inf and crossbowmen then sends them to attack his nearest non-empire baron neighbor(your capital is in the center of the empire so you go to the west on a die roll). The enemy had 1 light inf and 1 archer, Kreed’s light inf soaked the arrows so his crossbowmen could wipe the enemy up(-0.38 troops to reinforcements). 805 pop captured(408P/33Y/297K/67N)
Results: +408 peasants, +33 yeomen, +297 knights, +67 nobles, - 0.38 troops

Quote from: ctsun
Baron Magnolia was in shock at her success, so much so that she didn’t do any thing major this year.
Results: +109.4 peasants, +15.7 yeomen, +8.8 knights, +2.6 nobles, +8.97 food, +0.15 gold, +3.53 troops, + 2.1 crowns(2 more auto turns, then)

Once again everyone in the empire gets a crown, and can change their tithe if they wish(2 more turns of tithing). Internal trade is picking up.
Current Trade:
1 food for 0.85 gold(3 available)
1 gold for 1.45 food or 0.5 crowns(5.2 available)
1 crown for 2 gold(2 available)
The market will see a natural growth of availability in all items(except gold), other exceptions may apply. If you are going to buy from the general market please specify what for what. Players who do not post actions by a deadline I give(which is based on the activity of the thread and my availability) have at most 3 consecutive ‘auto idle turns’ after that all their land will be confiscated by the emperor.
Any questions or mistakes let me know?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2020, 07:48:15 pm by MonkeyMarkMario »
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 13, 2020, 01:39:28 am »

Now that we're finally food positive again, it is time to resolve our problem of hemorrhaging gold. And we know how to do that!

Conquer another foreign barony!

And then pay a tithe in food.

Spoiler:  Baron(1) Klaus (click to show/hide)

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 13, 2020, 10:33:02 pm »

Pay Tithe in Crowns
Pay 2.6 Crowns for 5.2 Gold
Raise 2 L Infantry, 1 H Cavalry
Attack a Western non-empire barony

ctsun

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 13, 2020, 10:49:23 pm »

Turn 600 Peasants into 60 Yeomen. Pay tithe in crowns. Trade 3 food for 2.55 Gold. Recruit another unit of light cavalry and 1 unit of crossbowmen. Attack another independent Baron.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 15, 2020, 11:01:42 am »

Will sell stuff for gold.

Raise 5 archers and 1 light infantry
Attack independent viscount

(BTW, is there an infinite amount of land to be grabbed? I feel like our empire is acting super aggressive and there should be some sort of coalition brewing to oppose us)
Spoiler: end (before combat) (click to show/hide)
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 15, 2020, 07:51:33 pm »

(BTW, is there an infinite amount of land to be grabbed? I feel like our empire is acting super aggressive and there should be some sort of coalition brewing to oppose us)
There is a semi-finite amount of land to grab. The empire itself is not being aggressive, it is the little guys inside that are. Though after this period of build op for the empire something cool will happen(for the empire, maybe).

Edit: also waiting on NG
« Last Edit: August 15, 2020, 08:05:25 pm by MonkeyMarkMario »
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 16, 2020, 10:32:43 am »

((Sorry))
Pay Tithe in Crowns
Conquer eastern independent land
Turn 30 K into 30 Y

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 20, 2020, 03:09:22 pm »

are we still waiting for someone?

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 20, 2020, 10:42:55 pm »

Just me, I have been trying to do some upgrades on my computer. Will update soon.
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 26, 2020, 08:31:33 pm »

Turn 6 end, turn 7 result:
Now that we're finally food positive again, it is time to resolve our problem of hemorrhaging gold. And we know how to do that!

Conquer another foreign barony!

And then pay a tithe in food.

Baron Klaus decided to send his army to conquer another northern baron. He was outnumbered 2 to 1 and almost lost the entire army. Fortunately he only lost the heavy inf before the enemy army surrendered. (-2 h inf, -2.59 troops to reinforce the crossbowmen). 860 pop captured(641P/209Y/7K/3N) Well you won’t be hemorrhaging gold anymore.
Results: +641 peasants, +209 yeomen, +7 knights, +3 nobles, -2.59 troops, -2 h inf

Pay Tithe in Crowns
Pay 2.6 Crowns for 5.2 Gold
Raise 2 L Infantry, 1 H Cavalry
Attack a Western non-empire barony

Baron Kreed uses the market and continues to raise his army. Then marches it to the west to conquer a foriegn barony. The enemy has equal numbers and surrendered after Kreed lost all his infantry and a good chunk of his cav(-4 l inf, -1.5 troops to reinforce the cav).860 pop captured(849P/1Y/8K/2N)
Results: +849 peasants, +1 yeomen, +8 knights, +2 nobles, -1.5 troops, -4 l inf

Turn 600 Peasants into 60 Yeomen. Pay tithe in crowns. Trade 3 food for 2.55 Gold. Recruit another unit of light cavalry and 1 unit of crossbowmen. Attack another independent Baron.
Baron Magnolia promotes 60 families to traders, then uses the market. She then raises more troops to the army and marches said army to the north. Her army outnumbers the enemy almost 2 to 1, her army wipes them out with very few casualties(-0.34 troops for reinforcements). 860 pop captured(80P/556Y/220K/4N) After all is said and done she dips just barely into the negatives for gold so her army gives her a bit of leeway(.03 is like paying half the cost of a single archer man)
Results: +200.3 peasants, +572.5 yeomen, +229 knights, +6.6 nobles, +1.92 food, -0.9 gold, +0.28 troops, +2.12 cowns

Will sell stuff for gold.

Raise 5 archers and 1 light infantry
Attack independent viscount

Spoiler: end (before combat) (click to show/hide)
The Red Baron doubles his army and decides to march on a viscount in the north. His archers outnumber the enemy alone and wipe most of the enemy up with a couple enemy archers surrendering. He does lose a light inf and a bit of another unit of light inf(-1 l inf, -0.14 troops for reinforcement). 2250 pop captured(564P/1432Y/190K/64N)
Results: +564 peasants, +1432 yeomen, +190 knights, +64 nobles, -0.14 troops, -1 l inf

((Sorry))
Pay Tithe in Crowns
Conquer eastern independent land
Turn 30 K into 30 Y

Baron Gloria demotes 30 knights to yeomen then sends her cav army to the east. The enemy outnumbered her force 2 to 1 and her cav retreated after losing a cav unit(-1 l cav, -1.5 troops to reinforcements).
Results: +35.4 peasants, +30.7 yeomen, -26 knights, +2.5 nobles, -1.35 food, -2.25 gold, +0.1 troops, +1.82 crowns

Once again everyone in the empire gets a crown, and can change their tithe if they wish(last turn of tithing). The market ran out of gold and so someone sold troops to the market to bring it back up.
Current Trade:
1 food for 0.8 gold(8 available)
1 gold for 2 food or 1 crowns or 0.35 troops(0.45 available)
1 crown for 1.9 gold(5.6 available)
1 troop for 3 gold(1 available)
If multiple people try to out buy something there is a chance for both people to be screwed, so if the market can’t handle your added order wait or try to negotiate with the others.

Sorry this is late. If there are any error or question let me know.

Also the battle system is changing as I do not like how it is currently(it is a little tedious even at baron stage(1)).
« Last Edit: August 26, 2020, 09:33:54 pm by MonkeyMarkMario »
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 27, 2020, 01:30:52 am »

Yeah, we're still on! Time to recruit new Infantry. Two Heavies again to be specific. Then I'm going to bulk up with a Light Cav and a Light Infantry.

I will give a tithe of food. Then I will announce that I am selling up to 8 food at 1 Food for 0.75 Gold. If no one takes me up on this, I'll sell my food to the market instead.

No conquest today, gonna give my numbers a chance to recover.

« Last Edit: August 30, 2020, 04:57:07 pm by Kashyyk »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7