Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Medieval Lords  (Read 8211 times)

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
Re: Medieval Lords
« Reply #45 on: August 03, 2020, 11:03:53 am »

Spoiler: Baron Kreed Lungstodt (click to show/hide)

Tithe choice: Crowns

(quick question: I'd like another turn before getting troops, however since there is no restriction to fighting each other now, if I were to remain defenceless, could anyone just attack me and win, and if so, what happens to me? The answer will likely affect my turn :P)
Hopefully, I've got the calcs right. If I've been reading it right, we get our resources post pop-growth.
Also made an assumption that as I've just joined and wasn't tasked with the tithe at the start, that I also did not get the crown for not fighting.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2020, 11:10:29 am by Maxinum McDreich »

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 03, 2020, 07:53:49 pm »

(quick question: I'd like another turn before getting troops, however since there is no restriction to fighting each other now, if I were to remain defenceless, could anyone just attack me and win, and if so, what happens to me? The answer will likely affect my turn :P)
Hopefully, I've got the calcs right. If I've been reading it right, we get our resources post pop-growth.
Also made an assumption that as I've just joined and wasn't tasked with the tithe at the start, that I also did not get the crown for not fighting.
Considering the incentive not to fight internally you don't have to worry about enemies in the empire.
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

ctsun

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 04, 2020, 01:05:14 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Raise a unit of light cavalry, declare war on an independent baron and attack with all forces. Pay tithe in crowns.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 05, 2020, 10:20:46 am »

Just to confirm then, my turn remains as is.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 07, 2020, 12:04:38 am »

Turn 4 end, turn 5 start:
Spoiler: start (click to show/hide)

Still selling troops and crowns. Will give you a good deal for food. ;D

Raise  2 more units of archers. Continue conquest.

Spoiler: end (before combat) (click to show/hide)
The Red Baron increases his archer army by 66% and marches on another Northern Baron outside the Empire. As before he came across as larger force of 7 this time 6 light inf and 1 archer. Less casualties were taken(-1.65 troops to reinforcements). 750 pop captured(658P/47Y/20K/25N)
Results:-1.65 troops, +658 peasants, +47 yeomen, +20 knights, +25 nobles

((I think I mathed wrong last turn, should've ended up with 0.43 food))

Time to solve this Food problem before we all starve.

The Crossbowmen and the Heavy Infantry will go raid some independent Baron for food, meanwhile, 20 Yeomen are demoted to peasants.

Finally,  a tithe in Troops is paid.

Spoiler:  Baron(1) Klaus (click to show/hide)
Baron Klaus sends his army to raid his nearest independent neighbor, which is to the north(you are on the northern end of the empire). His army gets stopped by a patrol of light cav and retreats back home after sustaining heavy casualties(over 50% losses). He also allows some yeomen to change profession to peasants.
Results: -2.35 troops(for reinforcements)

((Thanks))
Pay tithe in crowns
Try another raid of an independent province for food
Demote 100 Y to P, demote 100 K to Y

Baron Gloria launched another raid to the south for food. Her raiders only came across a light patrol that they were able to over run and came away with 4.5 food. 100 knights are told to help grow food. Thanks to the raid the grainery has a bit of food in it(starvation abated(only stagnation next turn no decrease)).
Results: -96 peasants, -1.8 yeomen, -102.6 knights, -2.6 nobles, -0.56 troops(reinforcements), +4.5 food(raid)

Baron Kreed watches his people work and promises a tithe of crowns.
Results: already tallied

Raise a unit of light cavalry, declare war on an independent baron and attack with all forces. Pay tithe in crowns.

Baron Magnolia raises a unit of light cav to support her archers and declares war on a northern baron(you are also in the north). Her army surprise attacks the unsuspecting baron and conquers him with no losses. 750 pop captured(655P/72Y/23K/0N)
Results: +694.9 peasants, +83.5 yeomen, +31 knights, +2.5 nobles, -0.17 food, -1.68 gold, +3.23 troops, +1.87 crowns

Everyone in the empire received a crown from the Emperor, King Jim has decided to stop his conquest at the Duchy next door. The emperor has stated that you can change your tithe, 3 more turns of tithing. Due to internal peace trade routes in the empire are starting to open.
Current trade:
1 food for 0.8 gold(4 available)
1 gold for 1.5 food(2 available)
This took awhile because of all the battles and I have been busy. If your not going to do your own tallying(which is fine) can I please request that you put the total pop(it is after all supposed to be there). Can you please put your location in the notes(if I have given you one), every but NG(who is in the south) and MM(who is unknown right now) is in the north. Also the market is a new thing that will be constant and will be influenced by the internal stability of the empire.
Any questions or mistakes please ask or point them out.

Edit: Also please let me know what(if anything) you will be tallying, this is for those that just have one number for each item.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2020, 12:09:15 am by MonkeyMarkMario »
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 07, 2020, 12:26:13 am »

Pay tithe in crowns
Demote 50 N to K, 50 K to Y, and 50 Y to P
Try using some gold to purchase food

((Is the last action even possible? Or is gold only for troops/mercs?))

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 07, 2020, 03:30:21 am »

Sure is, how much food would you like?
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 07, 2020, 06:30:01 am »

Klaus will buy 4 Food for 3.2 Gold, then hire another unit of Crossbowmen and another unit of Heavy Infantry before sending the whole army to conquer that independent Baron.

Finally, we will pay a tithe of Troops.

Spoiler:  Baron(1) Klaus (click to show/hide)

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 07, 2020, 10:45:37 am »

I'm willing to sell food for crowns. 1 crown = .9 food, up to 4 crowns for 3.6 food.

Also, question: 1 heavy infantry costs just over 3 times that of light infantry. Compared to heavy cav which is just less than double of light cav. Is there anything specifically that makes heavy infantry that much better than light infantry compared to the cav dynamic?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 07, 2020, 10:48:57 am »

What’s the conversion rate for gold to food?

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 07, 2020, 10:58:19 am »

I will sell you 1 food for 0.79 gold or 0.1 food for 0.08 gold.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 07, 2020, 11:42:38 am »

I will sell you 1 food for 0.79 gold or 0.1 food for 0.08 gold.
I will pay 0.79 gold for 1 food

I'm willing to sell food for crowns. 1 crown = .9 food, up to 4 crowns for 3.6 food.

Also, question: 1 heavy infantry costs just over 3 times that of light infantry. Compared to heavy cav which is just less than double of light cav. Is there anything specifically that makes heavy infantry that much better than light infantry compared to the cav dynamic?
I will also buy 3.6 food for 4 crowns

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 07, 2020, 12:25:11 pm »

Spoiler: start (click to show/hide)
Will sell stuff (crowns, troops, food) for gold.
Pay tithe in crowns
Raise 2 units of light infantry to screen my archers
(although honestly they are doing fine on their own)
conquer another barony
Sell 1 food to Gloria Springsteen for 0.79 gold

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 07, 2020, 08:00:46 pm »

The speed difference, heavy inf has half the speed of light inf where as heavy cav have 2/3 of the speed of light cav.
I'll be honest the combat mechanic is not as good as it could be(case in point the first battle of the game took me 1 hour to compile). I am slowly working on it. If anyone has an recommendations to improve/change I will take them.

Also I am pleased to see a bit more player interaction, though I am surprised it took Bay12ers this long.
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 08, 2020, 05:50:53 pm »

That makes less sense that hvy infantry costs 3 times that of light infantry moving at half speed compared to hvy cav being 2 times over light cav but still being 2/3 as a fast. :P

I don't really know the combat mechanics behind the scenes to really suggest anything. But I'm having a go at a revamp (for fun) that I can send to you if you'd like for inspiration, once it's done.

Meantime, I'll buy a couple of units not used for playtesting purposes. So, time for my turn:

Raise 2 L Infantry, 2 Crossbowmen
Attack Neighboring (or closes) non-empire Barony
Pay tithe in Crowns

Spoiler: Kreed Lungstodt (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 09, 2020, 06:29:23 pm by Maxinum McDreich »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7