Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Medieval Lords  (Read 8203 times)

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Medieval Lords
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2020, 08:57:41 pm »

Well I guess 4 players is enough to start, if people wish to join after start you can.
Turn 1 Start:
The empire is entering a new age, Emperor James was just crowned and is preparing to enter a time of peace. Emperor James a decreed that no internal wars are to be fought for the next 2 years(turns). Any one disobeying this decree will have their land stripped from them. After the 2 years a time of build up will begin to declare war upon the enemies of the Empire.

You all are just lowly Barons while you could fight others, right now you probably shouldn't. What do you all do for the first turn?

The Empire:
PCs:
Klaus(Baron)(1)
Gloria Springsteen(Baron)(1)
Magnolia von Seckendorff(Baron)(1)
Aywen "Red Baron" Ayes(Baron)(1)

NPCs:
James(Emperor)
Jim(King)
Henry(Duke)
Luis(Count)
Karl(Viscount)
Lance(Baron)

Decrees:
NO internal wars until turn 3.
I am also changing how much production the pops do, it is now 100:1 instead of 10:1, to compensate for the decreased food income 1 food feeds 1000 pop. I realized the numbers just go out of control after a couple turns, you can do R&D to improve it.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2020, 09:00:20 pm by MonkeyMarkMario »
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2020, 03:22:49 am »

I may have overdone it with knights. Demote 200 knights to yeomen, and 100 yeomen to peasants.
I'm also selling troops and crown(s) if anyone wants to trade.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2020, 07:39:33 am »

Is it still 100 Crowns per rank? Also, are the costs for military units the same?

Anyway, I'm happy to bide my time for a bit, so no action beyond letting my Pop and resources grow.

Spoiler:  Baron(1) Klaus (click to show/hide)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2020, 07:49:46 am »

Bide time and wait for pop to and resources to grow

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2020, 09:19:02 am »

Is it still 100 Crowns per rank? Also, are the costs for military units the same?
100*rank crowns to upgrade. Yes military units cost have not changed.
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

ctsun

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2020, 08:36:31 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Wait for pop and resources to grow.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2020, 08:23:12 pm »

Turn 1 End, turn 2 start:
I may have overdone it with knights. Demote 200 knights to yeomen, and 100 yeomen to peasants.
I'm also selling troops and crown(s) if anyone wants to trade.
The Red Baron decided to demote knights to yeomen and half of them to peasants. All because he could not feed the army he wanted. He also declared that he has crowns and knights to trade.
Result: +110 peasants, +105 yeomen, -182.5 knights, +1.25 nobles, +33.75 total pop, +1.06 food, +2.05 gold, +5.17 troops, +1 crown

Anyway, I'm happy to bide my time for a bit, so no action beyond letting my Pop and resources grow.

Baron Klaus just sat on his rear-end and watched his people work.
Result: You already tallied it nice.

Bide time and wait for pop to and resources to grow
Baron Gloria also watched her people work.
Result: +25 peasants, +12.5 yeomen, +6.25 knights, +3.12 nobles, +46.87 total pop, +1.7 food, +2.62 gold, +2.56 troops, +2.53 crowns

Wait for pop and resources to grow.
Baron Magnolia also sat around and watched her people work.
Result: +30 peasants, +10 yeomen, +7.5 knights, +2.5 nobles, +50 total pop, +2.25 food, +2.1 gold, +3.3 troops, +2.02 crowns

The kingdom to the south has started launching raid on the empire. The emperor has responded by stationing the imperial troops on the boarder. No food production this turn for those on the boarder(only Baron Gloria(Naturegirl) is effected). Those not on the boarder can give food to the boarder lands in exchange for crowns from the Emperor(1:1).
And already a raid on the first turn, what bad luck. Also mercs will not show up until there is war somewhere in the area around(or in) the empire.
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2020, 04:36:47 am »

Raise 3 units of archers.

Can we attack other kingdoms?
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2020, 06:09:40 am »

Raise 4 Light Calvary units
« Last Edit: July 30, 2020, 07:08:16 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2020, 09:17:13 am »

Yes, just mention if it is a raid or war. If it is a raid what resource you are trying to steal. If a war you only get one territory of your rank or lower, that comes with pop but no resources.
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2020, 11:06:07 am »

I'm apparently far away from the border, and there's still a law against fighting other players so I think I should be safe being lazy for another turn.

ctsun

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2020, 07:06:32 pm »

Raise 4 units of Archers.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2020, 10:28:33 pm »

Turn 2 end, turn 3 start:
Raise 3 units of archers.

The Red Baron decided to begin building his army, starting with archers.
Results: +21 peasants, 10.2 yeomen, +12.9 knights, +1.2 nobles, -0.48 food, -0.2 gold, +2.17 troops, +1.01 crowns, +3 archers(arc)

Raise 4 Light Calvary units
Baron Gloria decided to build up a cav force. Due to a food shortage her population has started stagnated, if it persists she will start to lose pop.
Results: +27.5 peasants, +13.1 yeomen, +6.4 knights, +3.1 nobles, -5.10 food, -1.38 gold, -3.44 troops, +2.53 crowns, +4 light calvary(l cav)

I'm apparently far away from the border, and there's still a law against fighting other players so I think I should be safe being lazy for another turn.

Baron Klaus again just sits on his rear-end doing nothing. Due to this the peasants are getting restless, 10% less food production next turn.
Results: You already tallied them great have a bonus crown.

Raise 4 units of Archers.
Baron Magnolia started her defensive army by raising 4 archers(arc).
Results: +33 peasants, +10.5 yeomen, +7.6 knights, +2.5 nobles, +0.2 food, -0.9 gold, -0.93 troops, +2.02 crowns, +4 archers

The raids have ceased on the north. The emperor has lifted the ban on internal wars, though is giving an incentive of 1 crown to each leader in the empire for not fighting others in the empire every year. The emperor is also requesting a tithe(10%) of one type of resource for the next 5 years(turns), those not obliging the crown are free game to the other princes of the empire to fight.
In other news king Jim declared war on an independent count to the east of the empire.
You have to support your army the same turn it is created, as some have discovered. Also if you do nothing your people will start getting restless and decrease in productivity.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2020, 07:21:10 pm by MonkeyMarkMario »
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2020, 11:31:41 pm »

I've been on the fence about this from the start. Glad Kashyyk pointed out the cheese I saw though. If it's alright, I shall add a new (and behind :P) player to the mix!

Name: Kreed Lungstodt
Pop: 400P/300Y/200K/100N
Armies: 0
Resources:
-Food: 4
-Gold: 3
-Troops: 2
-Crowns: 1
Notes: Late Starter! :P

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2020, 11:38:17 pm »

I've been on the fence about this from the start. Glad Kashyyk pointed out the cheese I saw though. If it's alright, I shall add a new (and behind :P) player to the mix!

Name: Kreed Lungstodt
Pop: 400P/300Y/200K/100N
Armies: 0
Resources:
-Food: 4
-Gold: 3
-Troops: 2
-Crowns: 1
Notes: Late Starter! :P
Newcomers welcome!
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7