Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Medieval Lords  (Read 8197 times)

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
Re: Medieval Lords
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2020, 02:18:40 am »

[spoiler = start]
Pop: 231P/ 215.2Y/ 530.4K/ 102.7N
Armies: 3 arc
Resources:
-Food: 1.58
-Gold: 2.85
-Troops: 14.34
-Crowns: 3.01
Notes:
Selling troops and crowns.
[/spoiler]

Declare war on an independent baron. Send all the archers
pay tithe in crowns (0.1)
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

ctsun

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2020, 06:03:17 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Bide my time and keep a vigilant watch. Pay tithe in crowns.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2020, 06:31:15 pm »

Demote 98 Y to P (result of demotion is inside))
Raid an independent province for food
Give 10% of Crowns to the Emperor (0.756)(crown amount after tribute tallied)

If the tribute is given at the end of the turn, ignore my then invalid calculations and give 10% of the final amount of crowns after gathering
« Last Edit: August 01, 2020, 07:35:45 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2020, 07:10:57 pm »

Baron Gloria decided to build up a cav force. Due to a food shortage her population has started stagnated, if it persists she will start to lose pop.
Results: +27.5 peasants, +13.1 yeomen, +6.4 knights, +3.1 nobles, -5.10 food, -1.38 gold, -3.44 troops, +2.53 crowns
((Am not done tallying yet, do I have the calvary or not? I’m guessing not, but the food and troop count are still lowered
You have the cav, that is why your food usage is so high.

Also waiting on Kashyyk.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2020, 07:29:39 pm by MonkeyMarkMario »
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2020, 07:16:38 pm »

Baron Gloria decided to build up a cav force. Due to a food shortage her population has started stagnated, if it persists she will start to lose pop.
Results: +27.5 peasants, +13.1 yeomen, +6.4 knights, +3.1 nobles, -5.10 food, -1.38 gold, -3.44 troops, +2.53 crowns
((Am not done tallying yet, do I have the calvary or not? I’m guessing not, but the food and troop count are still lowered
You have the cav, that is why your food usage is so high.
That does make more sense, I asked since it didn’t show in results while other players’ results showed the adding of the units. Will continue calculations

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2020, 08:04:44 pm »

Naturegirl I was trying to see how you did your math for pops, did you add the demoted after or before growth(it should be after). Also it is 10% of resource growth, not total(I should have made it more clear).

Also for those who are fighting(and for future fights) troops cannot go negative, knights are lost for any negative(at 10:1 knights to troops). If there are no knights available then nobles and yeomen will diminish(50% of each at a 10:1 pop to troops). If there are any questions ask.

I will start wok on the update when Kashyyk does his action(s).
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2020, 08:08:55 pm »

I did the demoted after growth

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2020, 08:12:58 pm »

will bring crown amount back to before tribute levels
Give 10% of Crown production to the Emperor

If the tribute is given at the end of the turn, ignore my then invalid calculations and give 10% of the final amount of crowns after gathering just calculate the tribute
« Last Edit: August 02, 2020, 08:23:29 am by Naturegirl1999 »

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2020, 01:33:33 am »

We shall pay off the tithe with Gold, then I shall have to see about acquiring some soldiers.

Hire a unit of Crossbowmen and a unit of Heavy Infantry, then demote 100 Knights and 50 Nobles to Peasants so that I can afford the food cost.

Spoiler:  Baron(1) Klaus (click to show/hide)

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2020, 11:45:01 pm »

Turn 3 end, turn 4 start:
I've been on the fence about this from the start. Glad Kashyyk pointed out the cheese I saw though. If it's alright, I shall add a new (and behind :P) player to the mix!

Name: Kreed Lungstodt
Pop: 400P/300Y/200K/100N
Armies: 0
Resources:
-Food: 4
-Gold: 3
-Troops: 2
-Crowns: 1
Notes: Late Starter! :P
Kreed Lungstodt was given a Barony from his friend, king Jeffrey(the second king in the empire of which there are 2 as of now).

Spoiler: start (click to show/hide)

Declare war on an independent baron. Send all the archers
pay tithe in crowns (0.1)

The Red Baron has attacked a baron outside the empire to the north(you are on the northern end of the empire). He came across a larger force consisting of 4 l inf and 1 arc and after killing all their l inf and starting to fire on the arc, they surrendered. The Red Baron did take significant casualties, -2.43 troops to replenish losses. 500 pop captured(120P/120Y/160K/100N)
Results: +143.1 peasants, +130.7 yeomen, +173.2 knights, +101.2 nobles, -0.27 food, -0.1 gold, +2.87 troops, +0.92 crowns

Bide my time and keep a vigilant watch. Pay tithe in crowns.
Baron Magnolia sat around and watched her people work.
Results: +36.3 peasants, +11 yeomen, +7.8 knights, +2.5 nobles, +0.53 food, -0.8 gold, +3.15 troops, +1.85 crowns.

will bring crown amount back to before tribute levels
Give 10% of Crown production to the Emperor

If the tribute is given at the end of the turn, ignore my then invalid calculations and give 10% of the final amount of crowns after gathering just calculate the tribute
Baron Gloria demoted some yeomen to peasants, then raided a province to her south for food, unfortunately due to the recent hostilities her cav were chased away(-1 troops to replenish casualties). With a food deficit even greater then before people start dyeing(-1% pop next turn).
Results: -3.1 food, -2.23, +1.62 troops, +2.31 crowns, the rest were tallied?(after looking it over I think there are some mistakes, can I recommend have the increase/decrease in parenthesis sort of how Kashyyk does).

We shall pay off the tithe with Gold, then I shall have to see about acquiring some soldiers.

Hire a unit of Crossbowmen and a unit of Heavy Infantry, then demote 100 Knights and 50 Nobles to Peasants so that I can afford the food cost.

Baron Klaus has started to raise a force of 'heavy' troops, going for quality over quantity.
Results: +1 cos and +1 h inf, everything else is already tallied.

Everyone in the empire received a crown from the Emperor, also King Jim emboldened by his victory is going after the Duchy next door. The emperor has stated that you can change your tithe, 4 more turns of tithing.
This took awhile because I was working out how I want to do battles. Also if your not going to do your own tallying(which is fine) can I request that you put the total pop(it is after all supposed to be there). Also, also can you put your location in the notes(if I have given you one).
Edit: I would like to remind everyone that negative food means no growth the first turn. Every consecutive turn after the first with no food sees a -1%(compounding) pop loss(with NO positive growth).
« Last Edit: August 03, 2020, 09:00:08 am by MonkeyMarkMario »
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 03, 2020, 01:50:54 am »

(No, only promotions/demotions were tallied, sorry for wording things confusingly)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2020, 06:23:53 am by Naturegirl1999 »

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 03, 2020, 06:10:58 am »

Spoiler: start (click to show/hide)

Still selling troops and crowns. Will give you a good deal for food. ;D

Raise  2 more units of archers. Continue conquest.

Spoiler: end (before combat) (click to show/hide)
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2020, 07:35:02 am »

((I think I mathed wrong last turn, should've ended up with 0.43 food))

Time to solve this Food problem before we all starve.

The Crossbowmen and the Heavy Infantry will go raid some independent Baron for food, meanwhile, 20 Yeomen are demoted to peasants.

Finally,  a tithe in Troops is paid.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2020, 09:01:16 am »

(No, only promotions/demotions were tallied, sorry for wording things confusingly)
Ok I edited in the tally for the resources.
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2020, 09:34:49 am »

((Thanks))
Pay tithe in crowns
Try another raid of an independent province for food
Demote 100 Y to P, demote 100 K to Y
« Last Edit: August 04, 2020, 10:13:56 am by Naturegirl1999 »