Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Shadows and Fortunes (SG-Blades in the Dark)  (Read 4754 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Shadows and Fortunes (SG-Blades in the Dark)
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2020, 10:12:48 am »

I’m thinking we could have Leech, Spider, and Slide

Kakaluncha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2020, 10:21:33 am »

I'm going for the Slide
Roll to Hunger Games teached me one thing, to have initiative.
Roll to Planet teached me that writing and developing original ideas is really fun.
Roll to Heist is a game that has teached me one single thing:

Time Travel. Is. Pain.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2020, 10:26:00 am »

I think our MC should be a Spider, and also think that having a Whisper would be cool. Not terribly concerned with third character.

I'll try to think of actual character stuff later.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2020, 03:14:27 am »

Spider for the main character sounds good.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2020, 07:17:29 am »

Crew Vote:

A. Shadows- Syndicate of Silence (Special Ability:Ghost Echoes. Due to your emphasis on training your senses, you can see and interact with the ghostly structures, streets and objects within the echo of Duskwall within the Ghost Field.
OR Second Story. When you exececute a clandestine infiltration, get +1d to engagement roll.)

B. Cult-Gildstriders
(Special Ability: Bound in Darkness. You can use teamwork with any cult member, regardless of the distance separating you. By taking 1 stress, your whispered message is heard by any cultist.
OR Anointed. You get +1d to resistance rolls against supernatural threats. You get +1d to healing rolls when you have supernatural harm.)

C. Assassins- The Assassin Order (Special Ability: Emberdeath. Using your hidden blade, you can take 3 stress to channel electroplasmic energy to disintegrate the spirit and dead body in a shower of sparking embers.
OR Predators. When you use stealth or subterfuge to commit murder, take +1d to the engagment roll.)

D. Bravos- Commonwealth Protectorate (Special Ability: Patron: Your Patron is the Commander of the Imperial Military station in Duskwall, takes half the Coin it normally would to move up a tier.
OR Forged in the Fire. Each character gets +1d to resistance rolls.)

E. Something Else?

F. Can’t Decide yet! Start off as a nameless generic gang.

Feel free to mix and match what gang you want, or to come up with something else!

Characters:

A. Slide- Wicker- A local of Duskwall, Wicker keeps his true name close to his chest. He understands a smile can be as deadly as any blade. Lies and manipulation come easy to him, but his loyalty and goals tie him to his new family in the gang. (Special Ability: Trust In Me. You get 1d vs a target with who you have an intimate relationship.
OR Cloak and Dagger, get 1d when using a disguise or other misdirection)

B. Spider- Marissa - From Tycheros, far to the north, where it is rumored they bred with demons. Marissa has long dealt with suspicion due to her darkened eyes, and that made her seize every advantage she could, and always one step ahead. (Special Ability: Foresight. Twice a Score you can Assist a teammate without paying stress, tell how you prepared for this.
OR Mastermind: you may expend special armor to protect a teammate or to push yourself when you gather information or work on a long term project.

C. Leech - Kelyir- From the Dagger Isles, Kelyir came to Duskwall as a student before finding more pleasure in his particular blend of crime and invention. (Special Ability: Artificer. When you Invent or Craft a creation with spark-craft features, take +1 result level to your roll. Begin with one special design already known.
OR Ghost Ward. Can Wreck an area with arcane substances so it is either anathema or enticing to spirits.)

D. Lurk - Lark - An energetic woman with a coldness behind her eyes. (Special Ability: Infiltrator. You’re not affected by Quality or Tier when you bypass a security measures.
OR The Devil’s Footsteps. When you Push yourself, choose one of the following benefits: perform a feat of athletics that verges on the superhuman- maneuver to confuse your enemies so they mistakenly attack each other.

E. Whisper - Mikos - An almost perpetual drunk, underneath his thick fur cloak hides a perceptive mind and a thrum of power. (Special Abilities: Compel. You can Attune to the Ghost Field to force a nearby ghost to appear and obey a command you give it. You are not supernaturally terrified by a ghost you summoned.
OR Tempest. You can push yourself to do the following: unleash a stroke of lightening as a weapon- summon a storm in your immediate vicinity (torrential rain, roaring winds, heavy fog, chilling frost etc.)

Feel free to mix and match characters or create your own! Use the letter to correspond with the playbook, and when you vote indicate which you would like to be the viewpoint character (also preferred special ability). If we can build a consensus on a group/mix of characters everyone is excited about that would be great, so be free with sharing what you would really like to see and what compromises you would be fine with. Vote for, lets say, your top three playbooks you would like to see.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2020, 03:40:38 pm by chubby2man »
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2020, 09:52:29 am »

group:
A. Shadows: Ghost Echoes

Members:
C. Leech: Artificer
A. Slide: Trust In Me
D. Lurk: The Devil’s Footsteps
« Last Edit: July 24, 2020, 09:28:55 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Kakaluncha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2020, 10:44:28 am »

E. Whisper: Tempest

Controlling the Weather is actually something especially useful. The rain can perfectly cover our smells, and sounds, as well as it would be effective on dampening morale on any opposing forces. Specially if a bolt of lighting strikes their leaders. Can give any orders if you are dead.

Roll to Planet teached me that writing and developing original ideas is really fun.

Time Travel. Is. Pain.

ConscriptFive

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2020, 12:04:36 pm »

E. Whisper: Tempest

Controlling the Weather is actually something especially useful. The rain can perfectly cover our smells, and sounds, as well as it would be effective on dampening morale on any opposing forces. Specially if a bolt of lighting strikes their leaders. Can give any orders if you are dead.

You know what really loud and stinks?  A raging drunk.  You know where lightening can't strike?  Indoors.  He's one of the more colorful picks, but I don't see him synergizing well with all the urban stealth stuff that the game is suggesting.

A. Slide: Cloak and Dagger
« Last Edit: July 24, 2020, 12:07:42 pm by ConscriptFive »

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2020, 01:25:55 pm »

I'm thinking:

Crew: The Assassin Order - Emberdeath

Leader: Spider - Marissa - Foresight
Secondary Characters:
Leech - Kelyir - Artificer
Lurk - Lark - The Devil's Footsteps

Per C2 on Discord, "Emberdeath" can affect ghostly things as well. So that's very helpful. Anyway the idea here is that we've got the puppet master, the inventor, and somebody who is capable of using them to do things, kind of like the videogame protagonist who makes no decisions and is given new inventions every once in awhile.

Yes, I'm playing Assassin's Creed II right now, and yes, I have so far resisted the temptation to name the artificer "Leonardo". And yes, it's possible that this is basically meant to recreate an Assassin's Creed game outright, because I think it'd be a really fun thing to play.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2020, 07:42:13 pm »

So far we have a shadow lead and no lead for the main character.  :P

I'm planning for tonight to be the final character/crew creation vote, so if you are holding back, now is the time to discuss and share ideas, or just vote! Also let me know if you have any questions!
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2020, 07:46:09 pm »

I would like to remind people that we're trying to get *three* characters, with one as the lead. In order to simplify this I'd suggest voting by plan instead of individually so we don't accidentally, say, all agree that the Spider should be the leader, and then accidentally have more votes for the Leech or whatever...but regardless, vote!
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2020, 08:54:42 pm »

I'm good with MM's character picks, though I'm not sure between the Assassins' emberdeath and the Shadows' ghost echoes.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2020, 09:02:22 pm »

Just remember that with assassins we can kill people who annoy us AND nobody will ever be able to find their corpses because we can literally disintegrate them.

Also at some point one of our clients will undoubtedly pull a Darth Vader moment on us and tell us "I want them alive, no disintegrations" :P

Kakaluncha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2020, 09:08:40 pm »

After thinking about what ConscriptFive said, I realized they are right. I change my vote regarding character fromF to E: Devil's Footsteps

Time Travel. Is. Pain.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2020, 11:36:10 pm »

For organization's sake, have a votebox:

Quote from: Votebox
Group:
Shadows - Ghost Echoes: (3) Naturegirl1999, Kakaluncha, ConscriptFive
Assassins - Emberdeath: (1) Madman

Characters (PICK THREE)
Leech - Artificer: (3) Naturegirl1999 (??vote for leader?? listed first in NG's votes so...maybe?), Madman, Glass
Slide - Trust In Me: (1) Naturegirl1999
Slide - Cloak and Dagger: (1) ConscriptFive (??vote for leader??)
Lurk - The Devil’s Footsteps: (4) Naturegirl1999, Kakaluncha (??vote for leader??), Madman, Glass
Spider - Foresight: (2) Madman (vote for leader), Glass (vote for leader)

OK, here's the clear-as-mud votebox. Please indicate which character (if any) you'd like to be the leader, as C2 will be taking that into consideration when selecting the leader from the three characters who get the most votes. I've tentatively dropped in indicators for those who didn't indicate clear preference but please oh please change them to a definite selection or otherwise.

And vote for all three characters, please!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5