Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Roll to Survive the Zombie Apocalypse  (Read 2077 times)

Kakaluncha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Roll to Survive the Zombie Apocalypse
« on: July 21, 2020, 12:38:43 pm »

It's been a hectic few minutes.

First the alarms started blasting. Then the militias started shooting. And now people are going crazy in the streets. It seems that a massive horde has somehow been redirect to Sanfrisco, one of the conclaves with most inhabitants. Sadly for you, you are one of those inhabitants.

People are looting in the streets, just as they did twenty years ago, when the infection begun, while others get ready to help the militias in one last grandiose stand. It's yet to be seen if it will work.

Meanwhile, you get up from your sofa, and decide your next course of action.

Hello! This is a brand new game I have designed, which is set in a zombie apocalypse world. Current objective? Survive.

Spoiler: Dice Rules (click to show/hide)

And here's the character creation:

Spoiler: Character Creation (click to show/hide)

Also yes, I will be GMing two games at once. And according to this *checks roll* dice, you don't have enough charisma to convince me to stop.
Roll to Hunger Games teached me one thing, to have initiative.
Roll to Planet teached me that writing and developing original ideas is really fun.
Roll to Heist is a game that has teached me one single thing:

Time Travel. Is. Pain.

Kakaluncha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Survive the Zombie Apocalypse
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2020, 12:39:47 pm »

CURRENT SURVIVORS

Spoiler: Dr. Burt Goldstine (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Gretel Goldstine (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Neil Serrano (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Jane von Doof (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Mason Moretti (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2020, 01:49:02 pm by Kakaluncha »
Roll to Planet teached me that writing and developing original ideas is really fun.

Time Travel. Is. Pain.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2020, 08:44:02 am »

Name: Dr. Burt Goldstine
Sex: Male
Personality: An angry man who has trouble making friends.
Physical Description: A rather plain looking man with a mustache who's starting to go bald.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2020, 09:25:59 am »

Name: Gretel Goldstine
Sex: Female
Personality: Tries being nice to the people she meets, wonders why her brother’s so angry all the time
Physical Description: Skinny, plain looking

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2020, 09:58:35 am »

Name: Neil Serrano
Sex: Male
Personality: Thrill seeker, ready to make High-Risk Low-Reward decisions.
Physical Description: An average looking man with some scars covered by clothing.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2020, 02:58:05 pm »

Name: Jane von Doof
Sex: Female
Personality: Mad Genius, always ready to make things blow up and build crazy designs. They have had her working on keeping things together for too long. It is time. FOR SCIENCE!!! [May be slightly evil.]
Physical Description: Wild long silver hair, kooky glasses, labcoat, black t-shirt, kakki shorts. Industrial grade shoes with metal to protect from accidents, good for kicking. Fairly lithe from efficient eating. SCIENCE!

SCIENCE!!!
« Last Edit: July 22, 2020, 03:00:46 pm by TricMagic »

Kakaluncha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2020, 05:09:08 pm »

Game is on!

Time Travel. Is. Pain.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2020, 05:18:34 pm »

Look around for something that can hold water. Also look for something that can be used as a weapon
« Last Edit: July 22, 2020, 09:59:05 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2020, 05:43:16 pm »

I've lost control of my life.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2020, 05:47:50 pm »

Join the militia in the defense of the city to be exact join the group with the armors and melee weapons.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2020, 06:03:37 pm »

Obviously I should take this opportunity to make nanobots! They'll all see my genius as they devour the zombies.

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2020, 09:47:06 pm »

"Shiiit. . . The fuck's all that noise?"

Wiping the fog of sleep from his face, the young punk turns over in his half-sunken cot, the rasp of the box springs really bring him to life. With a thumb he pulls down a section of the blinds and peers a groggy glare outside. From his third floor, run down brick tenement that may have very well been illegal two decades ago, (now practically a palace), he sees the first of it.

The so-called Great Walls of Sanfrisco crumbling, the dead choking the main gates, and the soon-to-be dead throwing their lives away. Mason shuts the blinds, and has a long sip of last night's drink. He gets up as he usually would, stepping into the only other room in the apartment, the bathroom. There, applying a liberal amount of scavenged gel to his hair, he gets ready to start his day.

"Shoulda known this place'd go tits up too." He mumbles. Gathering what meagre belongings he can carry, preferably something to defend himself at least. And with that, puts on his jacket and barrels down the building quick as he can.
I've lost control of my life.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2020, 03:53:41 am »

Search around for a rifle of some kind and ammo to go with it, and if I can't find that just grab whatever seems like it could be used as a weapon.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Kakaluncha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2020, 05:28:12 am »

Gretel Goldstine
Gretel searches around the kitchen, and she immediately finds a canteen! She decides to check if it has any holes, contradictions, or anything unexpected that may backfire at a later time... Nope. It's a totally normal canteen that can hold 1 litter of water.

Suddenly, something explodes in the living room. Upon returning, Gretel sees that the house is on fire, while her brother remains shocked on the ground, with a rifle on his hands. Several webs made of flame have landed on the streets and nearby buildings, setting them on fire

Neil Serrano
Neil descends from his apartment and decides to join the typical militia with armour and melee weapons. Sadly, every other civilian with scars that wants to go out with a bang has thought of the same idea, so Neil gets there the last.

The leader of the melee militia is so done with thrill seekers that he gives Neil a metal rod, and tells him "to remain in the back and look cute for moral support".

Jane Von Doof
6!
The mad scientist of Sanfrisco won't remain with her arms crossed, and allow some brainless zombies to eat her, so she begins creating nanobots that will devour the zombies. You know. For SCIENCE!!! Also, cause nanobots make everything better.

It's only that when Jane activates the Nanobot Swarm that she realizes that she hasn't created a deactivation button connected to the Swarm mainframe. Or some way of controlling the Swarm.

And it's when the Nanobots start to devour her lab that she realizes that she should have set the source of Nanobot self-replication to be the zombies, and not, you know every source of physical matter.

At least the populace will see the genius of Jane Von Doof when they get cellularly devoured.

Mason Moretti
6!
Spoiler: Random Belongings (click to show/hide)

After putting everything nearby inside a bag, Mason nearly decides to use the cow in his apartment as a distraction, but no, he and... Whatever her name is have gone through so much together it's not worth betraying her at this point. So, Mason gets her out of the sink and together they descend towards the bottom.

The outside has already plunged into chaos. Mason can see that the majority of firing squads have defected into a looting spree, while the melee militia remains ready to confront the horde.

Burt Goldstine
6!

Burt looks around and immediately finds a rifle. Upon grabbing it a pre-recorded voice message starts to play.

"H-hi, this Jane Von Doof, and I'm recording this at a pretty t-terrible time of my life. Jimmy has dumped me for Vanessa Burk...'Oh babe, she has self-sustaining job'... *shot* Self-sustaining my ass! *another shot* Well, I have a self recharging rifle with random effects! *another shot**sounds of eating* I'm coping with the rifle and ice cream. Lots of Fake Ice Cream...Uhm, if you aren't me, and listening this out of severe dating regret, I suggest you stop listening to my way to cope with problems!

Jane Von Doof is that weird woman who lives across the street, who Burt never took seriously, but for some reason, Gretel has always invited her to her organized book club. Jane has probably left it here, and nobody even noticed.

Curious about the rifle, Burt decides to shoot it once, and immediately he is thrown back, as the bullet hits the wall, and expands into a massive web made of burning strings, which immediately start to burn the apartment.

Some of the strings have even landed outside, starting fires on the streets and nearby buildings.

Time Travel. Is. Pain.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2020, 07:10:14 am »

"Oh fuck its all on fire, hey Gretel its time to leave this magic gun I found set the house on fire."
Grab anything that's important from the apartment before it burns, then get Gretel and leave the apartment.
Pages: [1] 2