Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [MODDING] New materials and storage in stockpiles  (Read 1434 times)

Azerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[MODDING] New materials and storage in stockpiles
« on: July 19, 2020, 06:47:50 pm »

I want, for a mod, create separate materials for vegetal milk, vegetal cheese, vegetal ivory and vegetal fats among other, and I would like to know how they would be treated, regarding storage in stockpiles. For exemple, where would soja cheese be stored?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2020, 02:11:35 pm by Azerty »
"Just tell me about the bits with the forest-defending part, the sociopath part is pretty normal dwarf behavior."

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] New materials and
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2020, 07:44:24 pm »

I'm no Modding expert (not even an amateur), but I will guess that if it is given the CREATURE_CHEESE_TEMPLATE quality (having fudged the issue as far as the Creature bit is concerned, and perhaps overridden other qualities), or something similar, then this qualifies it for any cheese-selecting stockpile and is given a new sub-sub-item under the Cheese sub-item.

This should be testable. Generate your proposed mods, then see if you can find it in the stockpile tree-system at all in your first world so modded.

If the Mod is constructed to parallel the whole milk->cheese process, perhaps to ensure only fully vegan meals are made from only fully vegan components, then you might be in a trickier territory.

I'm sure someone who knows better will be along shortly, though.

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2020, 01:07:44 pm »

I want, for a mod, create separate materials for vegetal milk, vegetal cheese, vegetal ivory and vegetal fats among other, and I would like to know how they would be treated, regarding storage in stockpiles. For exemple, where would soja cheese be stored?
Milk from vegetables does not exist, so cheese too. The same about ivory - plants have no tusks. Oils already are in the game, you even can make oil soap. Do you want to make dwarves eat grass?

Azerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2020, 02:14:51 pm »

Milk from vegetables does not exist, so cheese too. The same about ivory - plants have no tusks. Oils already are in the game, you even can make oil soap. Do you want to make dwarves eat grass?

I made an Extended Agriculture Mod and I would like to add additional products from plants such as milk and their derivates (for exemple, soymilk being able to be turned into tofu), along with ivory and solid fats such as shea butter.
"Just tell me about the bits with the forest-defending part, the sociopath part is pretty normal dwarf behavior."

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2020, 03:46:58 pm »

I made an Extended Agriculture Mod and I would like to add additional products from plants such as milk and their derivates (for exemple, soymilk being able to be turned into tofu), along with ivory and solid fats such as shea butter.
But soy has no breasts and so cannot be milked. Why you don't add cheese to milk of lime? This is on one level of absurd.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] New materials and storage in stockpiles
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2020, 05:04:19 pm »

Iä[1], if someone wants to mod in something like this, in an already fantasy setting, it is hardly absurd. There are many other 'alchemical' and even arbitrary conversions, applied by some, if that's your beef. It's a valid aim, even if you'd never want to sully your game with such things.

If it's something about Soya Milk being a misnomer in The Real World™ (same with coconut, almond, rice, potato and others, with lesser or greater processing needed alojg the way), then that matters even less.

(Dwarves alread eat grasses, if cave wheat, longland grass and all the other real-world cereal-type crops count as that. There's no suggestion that grazing grass is being used, but again that could he a perfectly valid objective for any modder with the wish and ability to do so in their own themed creation. Wasn't/isn't there an MLP mod? What happen(ed/s) with that? Sorry, not worth worrying about.)

[1] Or however I should more properly abbreviate your name.

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2020, 08:06:12 pm »

Iä[1], if someone wants to mod in something like this, in an already fantasy setting, it is hardly absurd. There are many other 'alchemical' and even arbitrary conversions, applied by some, if that's your beef. It's a valid aim, even if you'd never want to sully your game with such things.

If it's something about Soya Milk being a misnomer in The Real World™ (same with coconut, almond, rice, potato and others, with lesser or greater processing needed alojg the way), then that matters even less.

(Dwarves alread eat grasses, if cave wheat, longland grass and all the other real-world cereal-type crops count as that. There's no suggestion that grazing grass is being used, but again that could he a perfectly valid objective for any modder with the wish and ability to do so in their own themed creation. Wasn't/isn't there an MLP mod? What happen(ed/s) with that? Sorry, not worth worrying about.)

[1] Or however I should more properly abbreviate your name.
Yes, mod can be about absurd things. I just was curious: this mod planned to be serious or absurd?

This brews or juices is milk as milk of lime or bismuth milk. Milk is extract from mammal breasts or some bird species gizzard, so plant milk is oxymoron.

Dwarves eat prepared meals that contain flour, but not fresh grass. I don't know about working GRAZER token with sentient creatures, so this need a testing.

Iä is my title, RIAKTOR is acronym. Your abbreviation is acceptable.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2020, 03:36:16 am »

For acceptible meaning, see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plant_milk#History - but I'm really still hoping that someone who knows about modding will still pipe up and confirm/refute my guess/instinct that I chose to try to help with while I was passing.

The rest is distraction, and I don't like that now only useless philosophy/semantics is bumping the question. Sorry OP. If my suggested check hasn't helped then you better say so.

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2020, 09:32:59 am »

For acceptible meaning, see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plant_milk#History - but I'm really still hoping that someone who knows about modding will still pipe up and confirm/refute my guess/instinct that I chose to try to help with while I was passing.

The rest is distraction, and I don't like that now only useless philosophy/semantics is bumping the question. Sorry OP. If my suggested check hasn't helped then you better say so.
This is 'milk' as milk of lime, not more.

I know about modding. All stockpiling of food are caused by some material tokens (and also material state). If OP just use MILK_TEMPLATE for plant pseudomilk, this pseudomilk will be stored in normal milk stockpile (and will be in the same list as milk from animals). The same will be if OP just copy template. If change token, this pseudomilk may be stored in plant extract stockpile or misc liquids stockpile.

Ombragon

• Bay Watcher
  • [FLEEQUICK][CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2020, 02:27:28 pm »

You can choose were your item will be stockpiled using Material Usage Tokens, you can check on the wiki for the full list, for plant milk you will want your material to have "LIQUID_MISC_PLANT" to store it in "Extract (Plant)" and CHEESE_PLANT for your tofu.

You might hit a wall if you want to make vegetal shellls, bones or ivory (tried to make coconut shells long ago, but the shell item is a bodypart and can't be produced by plants for now

Azerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2020, 07:17:50 pm »

You can choose were your item will be stockpiled using Material Usage Tokens, you can check on the wiki for the full list, for plant milk you will want your material to have "LIQUID_MISC_PLANT" to store it in "Extract (Plant)" and CHEESE_PLANT for your tofu.

You might hit a wall if you want to make vegetal shellls, bones or ivory (tried to make coconut shells long ago, but the shell item is a bodypart and can't be produced by plants for now

Thanks for your comment.

So, milk and cheese are doable, fats might be but ivory might not.

And what if I wanted to create a separate material for sugar?