Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Viva la Rollvolución! (Or how to oppose Dystopian Steampunk Dictatorships)  (Read 4278 times)

Kakaluncha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

DAY 1
Afternoon

Burt Smith
Finding Chemicals in the Streets: 6 +4 (Intelligence), Finding Fuses: 9

It's difficult to find actual chemicals in the garbage dumps that are the streets of this city, and Burt nearly gives up in his search for chemicals, so he sits down, and watches the masses, near a public heater.

And then it clicks. Public heaters need a constant resupply of combustible, and the process of replacing one empty bubble of nitrolin for a full one is quite tedious. So, if Burt where to play his cards right he could get one of the more manipulable combustibles in town.

Nitrolin Heist: 10 +2(Dexterity)

Burt decides to wait for the next crew of gas, which takes several hours to pass by. When they come, Burt decides to act like a drunkard, rambling about grandiose nonsense, which amuses the workers, who mostly decide to ignore him. With that, Burt gets near the steam wagon, and snatches three cubes of Nitrolin before retreating.

Sadly, Burt is less successful with the alternative for the fuses, only managing to steal wet clothing in public driers, nearly getting beat up, but managing to escape with the prizes, while the darkening sky begins to reveal the moon.

Liza
Planning entries and escapes: 7 +6(Intelligence)

While being smug is a fine attitude, Remini decides to think about anyalternatives that don't involve in her getting apprehended.

After more planning, Remini reaches the conclusion that she could try and enter through the cleaning slaves sections, which is less overseen, but it could mean having to do a larger travel through the facility. Otherwise, Remini sees that she could try and climb the garbage dumps, which is empty during the morning.

For leaving, it's quite easy. Remini sees that the upper sectors of the Ministry have ventilatorial corridors, which can lead to the roofs of Forsika. Otherwise, the garbage steamwagon passes by late in the afternoon, so she could try and jump inside it, as no guard or Striker is likely to check the trash.

How many and how important are the repairs: d6=3, d8=2, d20=9, 14

As expected, nothing too out of the ordinary happens, except repairing some minor pieces of some steam wagon, and changing some chargers of the local newspaper printer.

Memorization: 2

Despite knowing already the plan, and all adaptable variables, Remini can't but be nervous. If she's caught, either she will be sent to a Striker orphanage, or worse, she might get recognized, trialed, tortured to reveal all information that regards the Resistance, and executed somewhere hidden.

All that pressure makes it difficult to succeed in the last choreographed recreation of the plan. It doesn't mean she forgot about it, but Remini is quite tense.

Sally Groves
Information regarding the Train: 14 +3(Intelligence), Avoiding Suspicions: 9 +2 (Charisma), Avoiding Patrols: 8 +2(Dexterity)

Sally Groves starts reviewing the train guides, and is relieved to discover that there's actually a train leaving this afternoon! So, after a quick meal, and preparing a leather suitcase, with books and clothes, Sally leaves her shop, with a big hat covering most of her face.

As she walks across the streets, she goes through lateral streets, avoiding the principal alleys, as they hold more patrols.

But as she is about to cross Hangman's Cross, she hears a high whistle, and sees out of the corner of her eye a Striker patrol that's approaching her.

Remaining calm, Sally acts as if she doesn't realize that the call goes for her, and crosses into the Hangman's Cross, one of the largest market districts. Today's a busy day, and shops are full, so she walks across the crowds, avoiding collision.

Meanwhile, the Strikers try to push themselves across the crowd, but in general, the workers detest the military police, and instead of moving aside, they stand their grounds, with several civilians throwing food at the Strikers, who in return raise their shotguns and fire at the sky, trying to disperse the mob, who in return, starts booing at them.

Meanwhile, Sally manages to get out of the market district, and runs towards the station. At first, the receptionist doesn't show interest in giving Sally her tickets, but once Sally starts telling the woman that she needs more plants for her botanist shop, the receptionist eyes soften, and she gives Sally two tickets, one for Garnerfield, and the other for Forsika, and encourages Sally not to lose them.

As Sally sits on hear seat in the train, she sighs in relief, as the steam begins to flow, and the locomotive starts to move towards it's destination.

Detection Rolls

•Burt Smith: 58 -70 (Low Government Suspicion) -5 (Homeless)

•Liza: 32 -80 (Low Government Suspicion) -20 (Expert in Hiding)

•Sally Groves: 80 -75 (Low Government Suspicion)= I spy, with my little eye...

Roll to Hunger Games teached me one thing, to have initiative.
Roll to Planet teached me that writing and developing original ideas is really fun.
Roll to Heist is a game that has teached me one single thing:

Time Travel. Is. Pain.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Calm down. I do have a plan, and alternatives if it comes to it. So long as the plans don't disappear, they'll barely know I was there.

Practice my Memorization for the plan tomorrow. I'll find the blueprints, memorize them, then leave with no one the wiser. After that it's just some work to determine weaknesses.
Stat: Intelligence.

Simple and bold plans are the best cause no one expects them. So long as they are pulled off correctly.

Anyway, last hours for today.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2020, 06:07:07 pm by TricMagic »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

While waiting for the bits of cloth to dry out Burt decided to search some of the abandoned houses and shops in the area for anything that could aid in his quest for creating explosives.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile

When the train stops at Garnerfield, get off and look for somewhere to sleep until morning(wisdom?)

Kakaluncha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

DAY 1
Nighttime

Liza
11+6 (Intelligence)

This time, Remini takes a deep breath and decides to calm down. She knows that she will do something quite bold, and that's the best course of action, since the Alandrian Directorate is nothing but a stale system, so sudden outbursts of spontaneity leave the government dumbfounded. So, she decides to Memorize it one last time.

And the plan is burnt in her mind. She knows the locations, the timetables, and the entrances and exits. And with all that information, she decides to sleep. Tonight, no dreams or nightmares will come by.

Burt Goldstine
After leaving everything he gained during in the warehouse the Resistance has rented him, Burt decides to wander off in search of more explosive materials. His travels lead him to the outskirts of the industrial sectors, where he is technically safe, homeless people usually come by this district as it's full of warm spots, while also being one of the less overseen districts on town.

Looking towards the sky, Burt can only imagine those famous lightspots called stars, which apparently cover the sky when it gets dark. Sadly, Forsika is the city that never sleeps. The smoke generated by the factories only allows the light of the moon to be seen.

Aside from reminiscing from lost treasures, Burt actually finds something really useful in the abandoned ceiling of an abandoned house. 6 bottles of fermented alcohol!

To the average citizen, these would be nothing but trash, but Burt knows exactly that all fermented alcohol contains high doses of ethanol, a highly inflamable component. It would be a child's play to separate the fruit components from the inflamable ethanol.

Even the bottles could be useful in the creation of a cocktail Kratinov! It might not look like much, but used in the right way, all these objects could become very useful.

Sally Groves
9 +3(Wisdom)

Once she arrives at Garnerfield, Sally wastes no time, and after leaving the station, she runs towards the nearest hostel "Fried Avian", and she reaches the location just as the owner is about to close in for the night.

He is really tired, and clearly doesn't want to deal with a costumer so late, but once Sally uses some common sense he sighs and allows Sally to rent a room. As he puts it "I don't want to feel responsible if anything happened to you because I needed to sleep."

Once she gets in the room, Sally leaves her suitcase on the table and lands in the bed, quite exhausted. The room is actually smaller than what it would seem from the outside, with only one bedroom and one bathroom. There's also a barely functional heater.

Sally manages to have a good night of sleep.

Detection Rolls
Remini va le Steam: 99 -80 (Low Government Suspicion) -20 (Expert in Hiding) -10 (A Good Citizen Sleeps at night!) = One member of the Ministry of Demographics observes the photo of the heir of Vale Steam, and the "street rat" named Liza. Their resemblance is... uncanny. The clock suddenly strikes midnight, and the member decides to ignore this and go to sleep.

•Burt Smith: 9 -70 (Low Government Suspicion) -5 (Homeless) +5 (Awake at unusual hours)= Burt Smith remains unmolested.

•Sally Groves: 63 -65 (Low Government Suspicion) -10 (A Good Citizen Sleeps at night) = A few Strikers at the station try to decide if this "Sally Groves" is the same woman that fled from their companions in the Hangman's Cross incident report, but eventually decide that since Sally's record is clean, it's unlikely she's the culprit.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2020, 03:21:28 pm by Kakaluncha »
Roll to Planet teached me that writing and developing original ideas is really fun.

Time Travel. Is. Pain.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Now that the items were gathered it was time for Burt to return to the resistance warehouse and create as many explosive and incendiary devices as possible, then get some sleep.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile

Yo, can I still join?

Spoiler: Benedict Burton (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2020, 11:26:36 am by CABL »
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Kakaluncha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yo, can I still join?

Spoiler: Benedict Burton (click to show/hide)

Of  course CABL! I actually appreciate having some muscle members, it gives me more freedom on missions!

Time Travel. Is. Pain.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In the Morning: Attempt to get towards the greenhouse without being followed. In the event I’m followed, try leading them away from the greenhouse (Dexterity)
« Last Edit: July 26, 2020, 04:30:20 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Kakaluncha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The People's Voice

Quote from: Highlights of the Day
Quote from: CROWD TURNS VIOLENT, ONE STRIKER SEVERELY MOU!
This afternoon, a patrol of Strikers spotted a woman holding a suticase of unidentified contents. The woman, no doubt an anarchist, led the patrol inside a large crowd, were dissidents aligned with her generated unrest, leading to unreasonable amounts of agresion towards the patrol. Attempts to clear the crowd lead to violent confrontation, which after several warning shots, one mentally unhinged rioter shot one of the Strikers. More Info on Page 7 –>

Quote from: A NEW VISION FOR THE FUTURE
Today, after several months of silence, the Eyes have made a public statement. The previous Eye Leader, Ramoth Ternep, has been replaced, under chargers of pedophilia, corruption, and Resistance collaborator. His successor, Cram Gerde, issued the following statement: "It pains me to discover that Ram wasn't as committed about the safety of Alandrians as he said. What's worse, we don't know the depths of this complot, or how many are affiliated with this betrayal. That's way I will accept the heavy burden of leadership, and erase any Resistance scoundrel that has infiltrated the just government of Alandria" More info on page 13 –>

Quote from: THE ECONOMY BOOMS? THE TLERAN PLAN, A TOTAL SUCCESS
President Cupper has anounced that the Tleran plan, "The Quantity over Quality" reform, lead by the Ministry of Engineers, has been a total succes. Anton Tleran has promised that more reforms are being planned in order to break the stale state of the economy. More info on page 33–>

Time Travel. Is. Pain.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile

Just some morning exercise to keep me in shape and prepare for the mission.
Stat: Strength (Duh!)

Meet the contact while remaining as unassumingly as possible while making my way through the streets.
Stat: Wisdom (Street smarts)
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is it day, or still nighttime?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Morning
Turn order is
Morning 3 actions max
Afternoon 3 actions max
Night 2 actions max
((Kakaluncha, please correct me if I’m inaccurate in anything))

Kakaluncha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Morning
Turn order is
Morning 3 actions max
Afternoon 3 actions max
Night 2 actions max
((Kakaluncha, please correct me if I’m inaccurate in anything))

That's correct, Naturegirl!

Is it day, or still nighttime?

Next turn will be morning, so daytime

Time Travel. Is. Pain.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wait, wasn’t last turn night, though? It’d be morning when these actions are taking place, right?
Pages: 1 [2] 3