Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: UI improvement: Add fortress races details list for clothing and armor  (Read 1925 times)

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I believe items are described as small/large/nothing compared to the fortress building civ's race, rather than the manufacturing individual. The copper helmets my gremlin armorer made as training are not described as large, even though they were actually made for dwarves. However, if you issue an order to make helmets without specifying size and you have differently sized armorers in the fortress you're going to get the size of the armorer (and if one leaves the smithy and another one takes over you can get mixed sizes if the smithy isn't profiled to members of a specific size).
Currently, this if only way to make clothes for your trolls.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't think you should clothe the trolls, if you're not supposed to feed them.

/jk

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The only way to make clothes for gremlins is to have the first one caught make clothes for all of them (which requires e.g. Dwarf Therapist to give the gremlin the clothier profession). However, they tend to go insane from running around naked for two years, and so don't get there. Therefore I've doubled their size so they can wear kobold sized clothes (which can be specified) in the mean time. I suspect that if you somehow acquire trolls there would be some animal people race that's of a size that's sufficiently close (ogres are probably too large for that work around, though).

Pillbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Interesting, so if you embarked in a kobold fortress (or whatever small creature that could make armor) would all clothes from dwarf-size up just be listed as large?

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The only way to make clothes for gremlins is to have the first one caught make clothes for all of them (which requires e.g. Dwarf Therapist to give the gremlin the clothier profession). However, they tend to go insane from running around naked for two years, and so don't get there. Therefore I've doubled their size so they can wear kobold sized clothes (which can be specified) in the mean time. I suspect that if you somehow acquire trolls there would be some animal people race that's of a size that's sufficiently close (ogres are probably too large for that work around, though).
If you make gnomes to become heroes like gorlaks, you will can make gnome-sized clothes that will fit for gremlins.

Game has no animal people in troll size, I search. For ogres - I don't, maybe, some whale people.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Interesting, so if you embarked in a kobold fortress (or whatever small creature that could make armor) would all clothes from dwarf-size up just be listed as large?
Yes, clothing too large for the entity's race (which includes dwarves in with standard kobolds).

knutor

• Bay Watcher
  • ..to hear the lamentation of the elves!
    • View Profile

A semimegabeast giant would wear minecarts for shoes. Or roller skates.
"I don't often drink Mead, but when I do... I prefer Dee Eef's.  -The most interesting Dwarf in the World.  Stay thirsty, my friend.
Shark Dentistry, looking in the Raws.
Pages: 1 [2]