Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Hierarchy IC: Turn 3: Spring of the First Year  (Read 6540 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Hierarchy IC: Turn 1: Spring of the First Year
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2020, 02:40:58 am »

Elda knocks on the door, demanding to be made head of all the positions.
"You do not seem to currently be in the employ of the Ministry of Records. Would you like to join our Ministry as a Bureau Head? Please note that heavenly regulations forbid us from being members of multiple ministries, so you would have to give up your position as Steward to assume such an august position."

"You needn't worry. I can absorb the Ministry of Records into the Sun's Court. We will therefore be under the same ministry, and I need not leave my old position behind. Clearly this is the optimal solution to this issue."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2020, 02:42:21 am »

Elda knocks on the door, demanding to be made head of all the positions.
"You do not seem to currently be in the employ of the Ministry of Records. Would you like to join our Ministry as a Bureau Head? Please note that heavenly regulations forbid us from being members of multiple ministries, so you would have to give up your position as Steward to assume such an august position."

"You needn't worry. I can absorb the Ministry of Records into the Sun's Court. We will therefore be under the same ministry, and I need not leave my old position behind. Clearly this is the optimal solution to this issue."
"This would need a Council Resolution or the Sun's Nod, Steward Elda. As such I am afraid that your proposed merger will have to be put off for now."
« Last Edit: July 13, 2020, 01:26:08 am by Demonic Spoon »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2020, 04:10:30 am »

Tuuok taps a finger insistently on his desk for several long, thoughtful seconds.

"Aran Meni, I believe you are about to get your Glory. I want you to take 5 Glory and begin employing heroes to support Mei Bi in their bid for the throne. This should productively occupy our restless heroes, ensure a wise claimant gains stature, and improve heroic ratios within the Gardens. Do not disappoint me, this ministry, or the mortal realm!"

He then glances around, trying to figure out which of his underlings he needs.

"Whichever of you is in charge of angelic upkeep, I would hear your wisdom regarding proper management of our staff. Among other things, I have it on good authority that angels have no abodes and enjoy privacy and tea. Is this true? Would creating angelic abodes improve morale and productivity?"

Personal Action:
Personally craft and authenticate six Angelic Equivalency Seals, authorizing their legal bearers to employment in positions (and movements through Heaven) normally reserved for angels. These seals are to be offered to the six wounded heroes in honor of their valor. Those that decline will be reconsidered for alternative compensation.

Quote from: Wax Tablet Addressed to Ministry of Heavenly Constructions
Esteemed Ministry of Heavenly Constructions,

Greetings! I write to you today with two requests for information on your specialties.

My first query concerns the general pricing of structures, particularly personal abodes for well-respected Ministers, bribe-producing orchards for well-respected Ministers, divine tea plantations for overworked angels, relaxing retreats for overworked angels, and personal if cramped abodes for overworked angels.

My second query concerns general income and upkeep considerations, and in particular whether it is possible to construct edifices of virtually no upkeep, or even holdings capable of producing Glory. I notice that your current construction would be most august and influential for the Ministries stationed within it, but its projected increase to Ministerial upkeep makes me reluctant to become involved.

Warmly Yours,
Manager Tuuok of the Ministry of the Realm

Spoiler: To the Manager (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Addressed to the Ministry of Mortal Construction
August Board of the Ministry of Mortal Construction,

I am most concerned by news of mortal plight, however I must point out that monster-infested wastelands form an essential part of any proper Garden. I am concerned that running roughshod over such a vital feature will result in a poorer mortal community in the long run.

Perhaps we could amend the proposal or zoning district to create some kind of combined pleasant living area and slavering horror pit?

Respectfully,

A letter is sent to each Ministry head
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Return Letter to All Ministries
Respected Du-uke Du-Ur And Other Assorted Ministers,

I fear I must withhold my support for such an action, as I do not believe Princess Wai is well qualified to hold the throne. I must instead suggest Mei Bi as a paragon of both knowledge and humility, and thus a far more appropriate ruler to usher in a new age of sound judgement and well-weighed decisions.

Cordially,
Manager Tuuok of the Ministry of Realms

[URGENT]
To Manager Tuuok
May your libraries be ever overflowing

We believe it is of the utmost importance to the functioning of Heaven that the hiring freeze be ended immediately.

- Insistently yours, Mion, Archivist
Quote from: Reply
Grand Archivist Mion,

I would enjoy hearing your reasoning for this urgent request. I am currently considering angelic employment reforms in general.

In the interim, I have offered angelic positions to several mortal champions of impeccable nobility and courage. You may consider hiring them should our current employee stocks prove insufficient.

Warmly,

Council Proposal (requires seconding)
Angelic Employee Legal Procedure Amendment 221-A: Establishes formal legal proceedings for angelic employees accused of inappropriate or criminal conduct, including allowing immediate suspension of duties but preserving freedom and pay until the matter has been formally resolved.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2020, 04:15:56 am »

Grand Archivist Mion,

I would enjoy hearing your reasoning for this urgent request. I am currently considering angelic employment reforms in general.

In the interim, I have offered angelic positions to several mortal champions of impeccable nobility and courage. You may consider hiring them should our current employee stocks prove insufficient.

Warmly,
To Manager Tuuok

Our current workforce is greatly insufficient for our responsibilities and duties. At the same time, there are hordes of unemployed angels living as beggars within heaven, unable to achieve gainful employment due to the hiring freeze. Both of these have a negative effect on the functioning of Heaven, and the carrying out of our duties. Sadly your 6 mortals are merely a drop in the bucket.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2020, 04:19:02 am by Demonic Spoon »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2020, 04:28:42 am »

To Manager Tuuok

Our current workforce is greatly insufficient for our responsibilities and duties. At the same time, there are hordes of unemployed angels living as beggars within heaven, unable to achieve gainful employment due to the hiring freeze. Both of these have a negative effect on the functioning of Heaven, and the carrying out of our duties. Sadly your 6 mortals are merely a drop in the bucket.

Sage Archivist Mion,

I have been swayed by your wise counsel. Effective immediately, I hereby end the current hiring freeze.

Gratefully,

Declare an end to the hiring freeze. Can I do that without needing the council?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2020, 04:33:26 am »

To Manager Tuuok

Sage Archivist Mion,

I have been swayed by your wise counsel. Effective immediately, I hereby end the current hiring freeze.

Gratefully,

Declare an end to the hiring freeze. Can I do that without needing the council?
Yes.

Event: End of the hiring freeze

Manager Tuuok announced an end to the hiring freeze instituted by the previous Manager of the Realm. Flocks of unemployed angels have converged on the lobbies of the greater ministries. This is expected to decrease productivity somewhat, particularly for ministries with more field jobs. Most angels agree that this is a step in the right direction, and the Manager's favor among clerks in the Ministry of the Realm has increased.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2020, 04:43:59 am by Kilojoule Proton »

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2020, 07:39:16 am »

Productivity resolution PRR-8895-BZ2: Assign the task of counting bee-flower interactions to the Ministry of Records Yay
Financial reform STR-8943-DA: Affirm the ban on bribes given in exchange for expedited forms  Nay
Zoning resolution ZON-9355-1: Zone the heartlands as monster-infested wilderness  NAY!

[Council Proposal: Duality Mandate]

I propose Marriage between two candidates, with them acting as Divinely Mandated Regents to the new heir they produce until he or she is of age.

I believe a Union between Princess Wai, second child of the emperor, and Local business owner Wato would be best, offering both legitimacy and economical ability. What say the Council?

[Council Proposal: Duality Mandate] Yay
« Last Edit: July 12, 2020, 07:43:11 am by TricMagic »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2020, 01:25:38 pm »

[Council Proposal: Duality Mandate] I propose Marriage between two candidates, with them acting as Divinely Mandated Regents to the new heir they produce until he or she is of age.
Mion seconds this proposal.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2020, 02:48:34 pm by Demonic Spoon »

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2020, 01:30:17 pm »

Paragon Lu sits upon his heavenly chair and upon the desk before him, begin crafting letters.

Quote from: A Letter to All Ministers

Dear My Esteemed Colleagues,

I do hope that this letter finds you in good health, happy hearts, and wild dreams. As you may know, I have recently become the Paragon and thusly, will have the honor of becoming very familiar with your budgets. I do indeed plan to conduct an audit of each Ministry as my first order of business. The information I have received has been wholly lacking in detail, likely a result of the lackadaisical work ethic of my predecessor. And I suspect the extra funds which need allocating are the result of several ministries who have not relieved what they are due. In order to correct this, in addition to the audit, I have enclosed a resolution which will better allow me to provide funds for your departments. Furthermore, it places the burden of budget construction within the ministry of Glory.

This resolution will allow the Ministry of Glory to take upon themselves the burden of allocating funds for specific departmental expenditures, allowing the Ministries to each focus upon what they do best. This will allow the Ministry of Glory to allocate funds directly to your projects, an action I very well intend to make common practice in my stay as Paragon.

Sincerely yours,
Paragon Lu

Quote from: Counsel Resolution:GLR-0100A
Counsel Resolution:GLR-0100A

Each Turn the Ministry of Glory will audit the budget of each ministry, creating a detailed lists of expenditures and profits of each ministry. The Ministry of Glory then uses this information to craft the final budget of each Ministry, and allocate funds based upon that budget, organized by expenditure area. In the case a Ministry is unsatisfied with their budget, they may file form GLR-12B along with a proposed budget distribution to the Ministry of Glory, and begin negotiations to rearrange their proposed expenditures and petition for additional funds.

Free Action 1:
Lu Proposes Counsel Resolution:GLR-0100A to the Counsel.

Next Paragon Lu moves onto the issue of succession.

Quote from: To All Ministers
Dear friends,

I write to you today on the matter of the inheritance of a mortal throne. We have indeed come to a crossroads, where the future of this realm is much in question. As such, I put forth a well trusted candidate, General Hao. I can speak well of his credentials, and more importantly, so too does the army. We have too long had lines of weak kings, yet no longer. As a man of military, General Hao is most well suited to swiftly rebuilding the borders and security of this kingdom. As we know, the lands are wild, and the kingdom poised to splinter. Only General Hao could command the army effectively enough to prevent such a dissolution of the state. And, given the increase in taxes that will be soon levied upon the gardens, a coordinated army behind a capable leader will be quite necessary. Of course this will lead to additional funds which will need to be allocated soon. Please additionally support my resolution to send an angel to assist in their claimant.

As such, Glory puts forth General Hao for the throne.

Turning his attention elsewhere for a moment, reminded by his letter. He begins filling out a few forms, his old hands never once losing stride under the watchful bespectacled eyes of the old Paragon.
Action 1:
Double Tithes and Taxes upon the Gardens, with revaluation scheduled for the following turn.

Action 2
Next, the Paragon fills out Form MR1-463-MA.
Quote from: Form MR1-463-MA
Name: Form MR1-463-MA.
Proposer: Paragon Lu
Description and Purposes; Paragon Lu hereby gives approval, pending review of the Ministry of Pontifice and the Council, to send angel of Glory to support the military coup led by General Hao, who will be provided with 5 Glory from Paragon Lu.

Free Action 2:
Second Compression Legalization DCL-666-1.

Spoiler:  Previous Budget (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: July 15, 2020, 07:58:58 am by Roboson »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2020, 01:46:53 pm »

Lu Proposes Counsel Resolution:GLR-0100A to the Counsel.
Mion seconds this proposal.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2020, 04:23:58 pm by Demonic Spoon »

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2020, 01:51:25 pm »

Lu Council Votes
Titles: Terrifying
Total Titles: 1

Proposed resolutions:
-1 Productivity resolution PRR-8895-BZ2: Assign the task of counting bee-flower interactions to the Ministry of Records
-1 Financial reform STR-8943-DA: Affirm the ban on bribes given in exchange for expedited forms
+1 Zoning resolution ZON-9355-1: Zone the heartlands as monster-infested wilderness
+1 Data Compression Legalization DCL-666-1: That the compression of data and knowledge for ease of recordkeeping be legalized.
+0 Elda Horizontal Promotion ELD-001-A: That Steward Elda be allowed to resign from her position as Steward to take up a post as Head of the Bureau of Observations.
-1 Duality Mandate DUL-0001-1: Marriage between two candidates, with them acting as Divinely Mandated Regents to the new heir
+1 Budgetary reform GLR-0100A: Each Turn the Ministry of Glory will audit the budget of each ministry

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2020, 02:58:21 pm »

Current Voting, Latest

Fas Council Votes
Titles: Fairest
Total Titles: 1

Proposed resolutions:
-1 Productivity resolution PRR-8895-BZ2: Assign the task of counting bee-flower interactions to the Ministry of Records
-1 Financial reform STR-8943-DA: Affirm the ban on bribes given in exchange for expedited forms
-1 Zoning resolution ZON-9355-1: Zone the heartlands as monster-infested wilderness
+1 Data Compression Legalization DCL-666-1: That the compression of data and knowledge for ease of recordkeeping be legalized.
+1 Elda Horizontal Promotion ELD-001-A: That Steward Elda be allowed to resign from her position as Steward to take up a post as Head of the Bureau of Observations.
+1 Duality Mandate DUL-0001-1: Marriage between two candidates, with them acting as Divinely Mandated Regents to the new heir
-1 Budgetary reform GLR-0100A: Each Turn the Ministry of Glory will audit the budget of each ministry
Form MR1-463-MA.

Friends, I ask of you, is giving one ministry such power over others really a bright idea? To shuffle Glory about according to their own whims.
And his proposal, is 5 Glory really enough for something so important? I myself am donating 6 Glory to the Duality Mandate which will bring together these two souls to give birth to the next heir and serve as the regents for their time of growth. No, it really is NOT ideal to steal the throne in a coup! By Divine Right my proposal would rule, NOT by such a sick game of thrones as this ill-thought proposal. The chaos caused would be immense, NOT to mention the unrest and rebellions those very soldiers will need to beat down. A vote for General Hao is a vote for a very DARK future in the Gardens.

Code: [Select]
4 Words used during council meeting. (is this right?)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2020, 03:05:25 pm by TricMagic »

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2020, 03:16:30 pm »

Friends, I ask of you, is giving one ministry such power over others really a bright idea? To shuffle Glory about according to their own whims.

Paragon Lu rises to respond, speaking before the Council.

As many of you have noticed, there was a distinct mismanagement of funds by my predecessor. As a result, many of your departments have been severely lacking in funding. In fact, many of you may be due for significant increases in funding. That's the purpose of this resolution. By taking on the responsibility of organizing the budget and allocating funds, which my department is already responsible, I can better allocate funds. Without this information, I cannot accurately allocate funds based upon the needs of each department. And as such, you may find that your lump allocation of funds may be lacking for your needs at the time. Thus, by crafting the budgets, which is well within the capability and expertise of my department, I will be able to allocate funds where they are needed most easily and process any requests for additional funds in a timely manner. Truly, this will allow us to best support the endeavors of each and every one of you here.

And to clarify for the Marshal, the responsibility of Glory is already to determine the funding of each Ministry. This will simply enhance my ability to accurately adjust funding so that departments always have what they need.

Thank you all.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2020, 03:19:58 pm by Roboson »

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2020, 03:18:53 pm »

Turn 1.5: Late Spring of the First Year

Events and reactions
Quote from: Mandate ended with Emperor
  • Marshal Fas and the Ministry of Might backs a marriage between Princess Wai and local business owner Wato as imperial consort with 6 Glory. Link
  • Du-uke Du-ur backs a marriage between Princess Wai and Prince Wen as imperial consort with 5 Glory. Link
  • Manager Tuuok backs the imperial oracle Mei Bi with 5 Glory and various idle heroes not currently doing heroic work
  • Paragon Lu backs General Hao with 5 Glory and an angel of Glory

Quote from: A spooky cave
  • There-Is-No-Knot Sabal is in the process of sending a rescue party backed with 2 Glory in funds from the Du-uke
  • Speaker-To-Animals Adner is organizing an exploration mission to see if the cavern leads to the Underworld backed with 3 Glory in funds from the Pontifex. They have received their teleportation permits and are ready to go.
  • Build-Strong-Fences-That-The-Exhibits-Not-Escape Ayarteshki is preparing a cave safari backed with 2 Glory in funds from the Archivist
  • Fiercely-Fighteth-The-Frog Ugduk is rounding up prospectors and miners for a geological expedition with 2 Glory from the Marshal. Their teleportation permits are ready.

Constructions and projects
Quote from: Megaprojects
  • A shining angelic office block constructed by the Ministry of Heavenly Constructions. Req. 30 Glory, 1 yr
  • Monstrous races to repopulate the wilderness. Req. ~100 Glory, 1 turn. Link

Other things that inform upcoming actions a lot

Quote from: We shall both work
Mion has usurped the Twiceborn title from Du-uke Du-ur. The Ministry of Names and Works concluded that the Du-ur was never born. Fortunately for Du-ur, this doesn't mean Du-ur simply vanishes in a puff of logic; that only rarely happens!

Mion has successfully forked her existence and now exists as Archivists Mion and Noim.

Quote from: Recognition for the Watchers
Manager Tuuok has given the adventurers injured while defending against the monsters from the Southwestern Bonelands handcrafted Angelic Equivalency Seals permitting them to seek employment in Heaven. The Ministry of Names and Works is satisfied with this outcome and has independently organized a ceremony for them, but this move has drawn some criticism from prominent Watchers who see it as an attempt to poach the worthy.

Council resolutions
Spoiler: Council resolutions (click to show/hide)

Assorted revelations
Quote from: Prophecy regarding Zuraga
In jail you lie and fear your fate, you stand accused of murder grave.
But rest for now and on the date, plead guilty and your friends will save.
Quote from: Prophecy regarding the Throne
The Throne is filled, but not for long, and Heaven seeks a new head there.
And ties of blood are not so strong, that kinsman's blood a kin doth spare.

Collected broadcast letters
Quote from: From the Du-uke
Most esteemed colleagues, I am calling for your support in the succession of the Kingdom Under Heavens.

Princess Wai is to be placed on the Dragon Throne, and supported by the skills of the other pretenders. It is my hope that your support will ensure the stability of the union, and loyalty of the councilors.

Toward a prosperous future Under and In Heavens

Du-uke Du-Ur of the Ministry of Civilization
Quote from: From the Manager
Respected Du-uke Du-Ur And Other Assorted Ministers,

I fear I must withhold my support for such an action, as I do not believe Princess Wai is well qualified to hold the throne. I must instead suggest Mei Bi as a paragon of both knowledge and humility, and thus a far more appropriate ruler to usher in a new age of sound judgement and well-weighed decisions.

Cordially,
Manager Tuuok of the Ministry of Realms

Quote from: From the Paragon
Dear My Esteemed Colleagues,

I do hope that this letter finds you in good health, happy hearts, and wild dreams. As you may know, I have recently become the Paragon and thusly, will have the honor of becoming very familiar with your budgets. I do indeed plan to conduct an audit of each Ministry as my first order of business. The information I have received has been wholly lacking in detail, likely a result of the lackadaisical work ethic of my predecessor. And I suspect the extra funds which need allocating are the result of several ministries who have not relieved what they are due. In order to correct this, in addition to the audit, I have enclosed a resolution which will better allow me to provide funds for your departments. Furthermore, it places the burden of budget construction within the ministry of Glory.

This resolution will allow the Ministry of Glory to take upon themselves the burden of allocating funds for specific departmental expenditures, allowing the Ministries to each focus upon what they do best. This will allow the Ministry of Glory to allocate funds directly to your projects, an action I very well intend to make common practice in my stay as Paragon.

Sincerely yours,
Paragon Lu
Quote from: From the Paragon
Dear friends,

I write to you today on the matter of the inheritance of a mortal throne. We have indeed come to a crossroads, where the future of this realm is much in question. As such, I put forth a well trusted candidate, General Hao. I can speak well of his credentials, and more importantly, so too does the army. We have too long had lines of weak kings, yet no longer. As a man of military, General Hao is most well suited to swiftly rebuilding the borders and security of this kingdom. As we know, the lands are wild, and the kingdom poised to splinter. Only General Hao could command the army effectively enough to prevent such a dissolution of the state. And, given the increase in taxes that will be soon levied upon the gardens, a coordinated army behind a capable leader will be quite necessary. Of course this will lead to additional funds which will need to be allocated soon. Please additionally support my resolution to send an angel to assist in their claimant.

As such, Glory puts forth General Hao for the throne.

Other correspondences
Spoiler: To the Manager (click to show/hide)

(This update is as finished as it can be. Please tell me if there are any mistakes!)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2020, 12:29:31 am by Kilojoule Proton »

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2020, 03:42:14 pm »

« Last Edit: July 12, 2020, 03:45:07 pm by TricMagic »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7