Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Hierarchy IC: Turn 3: Spring of the First Year  (Read 6528 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Hierarchy IC: Turn 1: Spring of the First Year
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2020, 03:55:13 pm »

Description: Assign the task of counting bee-flower interactions to the Ministry of Records

The Fairest votes Nay
The Accuser votes Nay
The Twiceborn votes Nay
The Terrifying votes Nay

I voted Yay. Perhaps you where confused by the fact I am more fair than the alleged fairest, given the green Nay?

Givith the prophecy unto Zuraga.

"I would like to offer a correction to ELD-001-A. As the records so meticulous kept by our record keeper show, the conversation went thusly:"

Quote from: Unscratched
"You needn't worry. I can absorb the Ministry of Records into the Sun's Court. We will therefore be under the same ministry, and I need not leave my old position behind. Clearly this is the optimal solution to this issue."
Quote from: Twiceborn
"This would need a Council Resolution or the Sun's Nod, Steward Elda. As such I am afraid that your proposed merger will have to be put off for now."

"As a Council Resolution was then put forward, we must assume that its actual intent was to Merge the two courts and place myself at the head. After-all with the way the conversation went there need not be a Resolution for me to vacate my current post for a new one, while there would be for the merger to function. As such, ELD-001-A should be edited to make its true intent clear without changing its current votes."

ELD-001-A: Elda Horizontal Promotion: The Sun's Court Absorbs The Ministry of Records, allowing for Elda to take his promised titles.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2020, 04:00:11 pm »

Proposal to the Council: Official Council Reprimand FFFF-039-222C
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Code: [Select]
Mion Council Votes
Titles: Accuser, Twiceborn
Total Titles: 2

Proposed resolutions:
-2 Productivity resolution PRR-8895-BZ2: Assign the task of counting bee-flower interactions to the Ministry of Records
-2 Financial reform STR-8943-DA: Affirm the ban on bribes given in exchange for expedited forms
-2 Zoning resolution ZON-9355-1: Zone the heartlands as monster-infested wilderness
+2 Data Compression Legalization DCL-666-1: That the compression of data and knowledge for ease of recordkeeping be legalized.
+2 Duality Mandate DUL-0001-1: Marriage between two candidates, with them acting as Divinely Mandated Regents to the new heir
+2 Budgetary reform GLR-0100A: Each Turn the Ministry of Glory will audit the budget of each ministry
-2 AEL-8383-7: Angelic Employment Legal Procedure Amendment
-2 ELD-001-A: Elda Horizontal Promotion
+2 Official Council Reprimand FFFF-039-222C: The Council officially reprimanded
« Last Edit: July 13, 2020, 01:58:49 am by Demonic Spoon »

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2020, 03:27:29 am »

Quote from: Wax Tablet Addressed to Ministry of Heavenly Constructions
Esteemed Ministry of Heavenly Constructions,

Greetings! I write to you today with two requests for information on your specialties.

My first query concerns the general pricing of structures, particularly personal abodes for well-respected Ministers, bribe-producing orchards for well-respected Ministers, divine tea plantations for overworked angels, relaxing retreats for overworked angels, and personal if cramped abodes for overworked angels.

My second query concerns general income and upkeep considerations, and in particular whether it is possible to construct edifices of virtually no upkeep, or even holdings capable of producing Glory. I notice that your current construction would be most august and influential for the Ministries stationed within it, but its projected increase to Ministerial upkeep makes me reluctant to become involved.

Warmly Yours,
Manager Tuuok of the Ministry of the Realm
Quote from: Wax Tablet Addressed to Manager Tuuok
All-Seeing Manager Tuuok of the Ministry of the Realm,

It pleases us to hear of your interest in our specialties! Here are our estimates for the requested packages:
  • Personal abodes for well-respected Ministers: 10-40 Glory, 1-4 turns. Upkeep: 0-3 Funding. Be the envy of Heaven as you unwind in comfort and style after a long day of petty office politics and bureaucratic imbroglio after bureaucratic imbroglio in our spacious mansions. Comes with complimentary insurance covering damage by acts of god.
  • Bribe-producing orchards for well-respected Ministers: 20 Glory, 4 turns to first fruit. Upkeep: 1 Funding. Even the stoniest hearts will melt at the divine taste of these orchards' fruits. Clonally propagated to guarantee a true MHC experience. Note: The Ministry of Heavenly Constructions is not responsible for any health issues arising from consumption of plant matter from our orchards.
  • Divine tea plantations: 20 Glory, 2 turns to first harvest. Upkeep: 1 Funding. Nothing in Heaven or Earth relaxes an angel more than a sip of Solar tea among comrades in wings. Give your department the kick it needs to get through the turning of Heaven! Note: The Ministry of Heavenly Constructions is not responsible for any health issues arising from consumption of plant matter from our plantations.
  • Angel retreat: 20-30 Glory, 2-3 turns. Upkeep: 2 Funding. Give your angels a luxurious paradise to destress in without a trip to shady resorts in barbarian lands with the angelic retreat package! Our deluxe tier comes with a patch of contemplative mountain for the ultimate monastic experience.
  • Angel quarters: 10-20 Glory, 1-2 turns. These dense blocks of housing may be cramped and dense, but ten out of ten angels agree they are better than barrels on the streets! A well-rested angel is a productive angel!
  • Angel bungalows: 40-80 Glory, 6-12 turns. Upkeep: 3-6 Funding. For Heaven's best and brightest, these bungalows are certainly neither cheap nor particularly space-efficient, but these decadent accommodations are a perfect fit for the best ministry of all. So much so, in fact, that we will sign an exclusivity agreement with your ministry for a nominal 1 Funding/turn regarding the construction of angel bungalows.

As to whether a building can be constructed that creates Glory, we are not astrologers. Certainly, a building that transfers Glory by means of holy business is possible. If you have any further questions, it will be our pleasure to answer them.

Under the Nod of the Sun,
Visit-The-Gods-With-Shiny-Pamphlets Om, Public Relations Manager for the Ministry of Heavenly Constructions

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2020, 04:59:26 am »

Spoiler: To the MARSHAL (click to show/hide)
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2020, 02:49:28 pm »

The Du-uke tapped annoyingly on the office desk, reading the pile of letters with an annoyed look on his front side. Between the uncouth title usurpation, and ongoing inter-ministry conflict over the succession of the Kingdom, which technically fell under the Ministry of Civilization, there were already many doors not fitting in place.

"There is no use forcing a broken door"
- Portion Knobet

Du-Ur decided to change strategy, and let the other Ministries fight over the future pretender. In the worse case, he would have to clean up the mess (and he could even blame it on the other Ministries!), and at best, his Ministry would just reap the benefits.

- Pretender support retraction: Du-Ur retracts any and all Glory support for any would be pretenders.

- Office megaproject share purchase: Du-Ur funds 8 Glory into the office shares purchase.

Quote from: Internal Letter to the Ministry of Civilization
To my ever hardworking colleagues

It has come to my attention that a better workplace would improve the productivity and mental health of the service. As one should also expect an increasing influx of an inexperienced workforce in angelic matters, I have decided to personally fund the expansion of our offices.

I expect middle and upper managers to show these newcomers the rope, and to properly train them in our ways. The probation period will be adjusted to accommodate these new directives and prevent overloading the work of the managers, so do not hesitate to send me an addressed letter if you have any inquiry.

Peace be with you

Your Du-uke

- Updated Ministry directives:

Ministry of Civilization:
- [Ongoing] Rescue Party sent with 2 Glory
- [Removed] The Ministry is sent to get accurate census data
- [Updated] New formations are opened inside the Ministry. Newcomers are to be formed with a mix of field experience and theory, on a probation period of two months.
> Goal: increase cohesion and future productivity

- Proposed resolution:

Quote from: Stability Resolution JBD-8008-DD
Author: Du-uke Du-Ur, the Key

To enforce the mandate of Heavens and ensure the prosperity and stability of the Protectorate, "the Jade Guard" is to be formed, an elite imperial force under the direct command of the Ministry of Civilization. They will be tasked to enforce the will of Heavens, so as to prevent problematic emperors from drifting away from Heaven's grace.

Recommended head of the Jade Guard: General Hao

Action summary:
- Du-uke Du-ur backs a marriage between Princess Wai and Prince Wen as imperial consort with 0 Glory.
- Du-uke Du-ur funds the office share purchase with 8 Glory.
- Rescue party sent with 2 Glory
- Ministry sent on internal consolidation

Available Glory: 0
Availabel Words: Both x3, Wet, Open

Du-Ur Council Votes
Voted For
Voted Neutral
Voted Against

Proposed resolutions:
-1 Productivity resolution PRR-8895-BZ2: Assign the task of counting bee-flower interactions to the Ministry of Records
+1 Financial reform STR-8943-DA: Affirm the ban on bribes given in exchange for expedited forms
-1 Zoning resolution ZON-9355-1: Zone the heartlands as monster-infested wilderness
+0 Data Compression Legalization DCL-666-1: That the compression of data and knowledge for ease of recordkeeping be legalized.
+0 Duality Mandate DUL-0001-1: Marriage between two candidates, with them acting as Divinely Mandated Regents to the new heir
+1 Budgetary reform GLR-0100A: Each Turn the Ministry of Glory will audit the budget of each ministry
+1 AEL-8383-7: Angelic Employment Legal Procedure Amendment
-1 ELD-001-A: Elda Horizontal Promotion
-1 Official Council Reprimand FFFF-039-222C: The Council officially reprimanded
*new*+1 Stability Resolution JBD-8008-DD: Formation of the Jade Guard, under command of the Ministry of Civilization
« Last Edit: July 13, 2020, 03:02:02 pm by Nakéen »

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Hierarchy IC: Turn 2: Spring of the First Year
« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2020, 09:12:27 pm »

Hierarchy: Turn 2

The matter of the imperial succession, a premature crisis if there ever was one, remains unresolved. A great army is closing in on the Emperor's manor, besieged first by the combined forces of Princess Wai, General Hao, the oracle Mei Bi, and what guards Wato could summon and second by Prince Wen and a coalition of levies raised by Lady Wero and her allies, the heartlands nobles. A manifestation of Fas, an angel of Glory, and a grieving party of heroes stand ready to defend their candidates at the first sign of trouble. The Emperor stubbornly continues to live even after having given up an alarming number of powers in a bid to reduce the appeal of the throne (and a supposed assassination attempt).

The Ministry of Transportation held an incredible office party in which a significant fraction of the Ministry of Pontifice attended. This would have greatly hampered the Ministry of Transportation's ability to issue teleportation permits in a timely manner if not for the intervention of the Ministry of Purity, who arrived to disperse the party on an anonymous tip that soul dealers were in attendance.

Following accusations of attempted deicide, Archivist Mion the Twiceborn has fired the current bureau heads of her ministry. Through arcane, poorly understood rules of succession, the new bureau heads for the Ministry of Records are Put-The-Zoo-In-Zeus, head of the Bureau of Lamia, Animals, Monsters, and Elephants, A-Pompous-Door-Is-The-Hair-Of-A-King Alvin, head of the Bureau of Art History, Histology of Urticarias, Music, Bardic Undertakings, and Games, and To-Challenge-Heaven-Is-To-Court-Death, head of the Bureau of Ancient Digits, Seasonal Extremes, Irradiation, and Doomsdays. These firings have been met with an incredibly negative response from angels throughout the ministry, who are for the most part angered by the lack of adherence to unwritten traditions of orderly succession. Many clerks have announced their intention to go on strike next turn unless they are given adequate protections from firing and pay cuts.

The Pontifex attempted to bribe Ronda with 3 Glory. Some say that Ronda demonstrated great integrity in rejecting the paltry bribe. Others say that the Ronda took the bribe for whatever nefarious purpose the Pontifex had. Still others question what, if anything, the difference between either of these scenarios would be because Ronda is the Pontifex.

The measures taken by the Ministries of Civilization and Records to integrate new angels have drawn broad praise, although many of the more experienced angels point out that not enough time has passed to know what effects, if any, can be attributed to them. In the latter case, this praise is largely overshadowed by the Chartmurdered scandal, and analysts from the Ministry of Records report (carefully avoiding the use of plots of any kind) that Mion's initiative appears to have at least prevented a potentially catastrophic mass exodus of angels. The less optimistic are quick to point out that there was a mass exodus that was simply masked by the influx of "paid" interns.

At the Steward Elda's request, the Sun's Court attempted a new routine for glorifying the Sun. By polishing and reflecting the Sun's glory back through gemstones, they claim to have successfully averted a major catastrophe connected to the comet and centered on or originating from the strangely deep cavern everyone seems to be poking around in. This routine has been added to the Court's ample volumes on how best to glorify the Sun, but some complain that it may have instead caused the arrival of said ominious comet!

The rapidly eroding influence of the Ministry of Might has led many to fear an attack from neighboring pantheons. Many angels are furious with the Paragon's decision to defund the Ministry of Might and have taken to generally making life miserable for the clerks of the Ministry of Glory. The head of the Ministry of Ceremonial Teacups is clamoring for all Council members to vote in favor of GLR-1323 in the interest of preventing yet another war in Heaven in which Heaven loses and everyone important ends up dead.

It emerges that only a week has passed since the last turning of Heaven! It is still spring in the first year of the gods' reign after all.

Spoiler: (How do I act?) (click to show/hide)

The following issues are believed to affect more than half of the Greater Ministries:
    Quote from: Mandate ended with Emperor
    Emperor Hu has lost the Mandate of Heaven! The waters have receded, but the lords of the heartlands are breaking free and scheming to claim the throne. The following claimants are waiting in the wings for any misstep from the unhappy ruler:
    • Prince Wen, legitimate heir to the throne and devout worshiper of the old gods
    • Princess Wai, second child of the emperor and member of the *Doormakers, who worship Du-uke Du-ur
    • General Hao, who commands the respect of what remains of the army and is a member of the *Strong Ones, a fringe cult of Paragon Lu
    • Disgraced imperial oracle Mei Bi, now a member of the *Cult of Knowledge
    • Lady Wero, whose rich demesne is both large and close to the capital and who is a *Disciple of Leaves
    • Lord Wiq, who has recently "inherited" the demesnes of his two brothers and is secretly a member of the *Murderers for Mammon
    • Local business owner Wato, ardent follower of the *Cult of Ecstasy, which worships Marshal Fas
    • Guildmaster That, local leader of the *Guild of Gemcutters
    • Taba Khan, who has no legitimate claim to the throne and worships nature spirits
    • Wait a season and hope things improve. Emperor Hu is a follower of the old gods but is only dimly aware of the recent coup in Heaven...
    • Someone else?
    Supporters of specific pretenders are invited to fill out Form SCR-1243-G to contribute Glory and legitimacy. Those preferring to send angels in a general capacity instead are directed to fill out Form MR1-463-MA or Form MR1-463-MD to be submitted to the Ministry of Pontifice and the Council for review. The Ministry of Smiting is accepting applications for smiting warrants, that is to say, Form LTN-8077. Finally, those wanting to intervene directly can apply for teleportation and manifestation permits from the Ministry of Transportation. Note that some claimants are better equipped to seize the throne by certain methods than others.

Perhaps realizing the threat on his life, Emperor Hu went into hiding guarded by his most loyal guards and began issuing decree after decree surrendering major powers of the office of Emperor to malleable courtiers and even outsiders. Alarmed, the royal family and their courtiers and supporters surrounded the Emperor's sanctuary and launched their desperate bids to claim the throne with mixed success. Prince Wen and Princess Wai parleyed to discuss the growing mess, but after a shouting match that would embarrass even the most foolish children, both returned to their supporters' camps scratched up and seething. The first of the uninvited "guests" was one Lady Wero, whose holdings dwarfed those of any three other lords or ladies. Her messengers turned away by the Emperor's guard, Lady Wero spent much of the day hunting in a nearby forest as the decree after decree continued to weaken his own position. Prince Wen made token attempts to secure an alliance with the Lady Wero on her return but was summarily rejected (possibly because of the declining attractiveness of the imperial throne).

The next day, the imperial oracle Mei Bi and a ragtag band of provincial heroes came under the pretense of delivering a dire prophecy regarding a comet in the northern sky to the Emperor but were held back by the armed supporters of the Emperor's children and the Lady's levies. A loud argument over proximity to the front gate that very nearly escalated into an all-out brawl to the front when the heroes decided to camp the site. A decree was issued later that day that arranged for Princess Wai to wed General Hao and Prince Wen to wed Mei Bi, but all three copies of the edict were somehow "misplaced." Princess Wai instead declared her intent to marry the charming local business owner Wato and went so far as to announce that the ceremony would be held before the front gate of the Emperor's residence in two days. General Hao, a radiant angel of Glory, and a small contingent of veteran pikemen arrived that evening supposedly for the purpose of maintaining order between the quarreling siblings and enforcing the will of the Emperor and Heaven, but no one present seemed to believe that. Mei Bi was escorted out of the front gate of the palace that evening even though no one had seen her going in through the Emperor's vigilant guards.

On the third day of the Emperor's apparent madness, the camps besieging the Emperor's sanctuary swelled with wedding attendees, many of them angelic. Lord Wiq fled along with his few supporters later that evening after receiving a message from someone. A fire broke out at some point after an accident involving a food cart and managed to ruin some of the Emperor's beautiful gardens on top of leaving marks on the wall around his residence. Prince Wen proclaimed himself the voice of the Emperor and banished all food vendors from the immediate perimeter of the Emperor's manor, but few of the other plotters cared to support his proclamation (and thus lend him undeserved authority). That night, Mei Bi summoned Princess Wai and General Hao to a nearby garden and formed some manner of pact with them. Tavern gossip has it that they are planning to form a temporary coalition until the mad Emperor has been removed peacefully. Tavern gossip also has it that many of the courtiers chosen by the Emperor are under the employ of Guildmaster That and that Prince Wen is planning to elope with Princess Wai, so it's probably not terribly reliable overall.

On the fourth day of the siege on the Emperor's sanctuary, Princess Wai held a (surprisingly impressive given the timeframe) wedding by the foot of the palace presided over by none other than Marshal Fas herself. A fight between Prince Wen and General Hao broke out during the ceremony which very nearly escalated if not for the mediation of a silver-tongued rogue in Mei Bi's crew. Yet another fire broke out which damaged a lot of the Emperor's gardens, and this one was started by a fireworks show started on behalf of but not at the request of the new couple. This time, Mei Bi, General Hao, and Princess Wai jointly condemned the perpetrators, the imperial pyrotechnicians, and the General and Princess exiled them to the Barbarian Empire of Yan without a trial despite the oracle's objections about barbarians getting their hands on secret imperial technology. Many pockets were mysteriously emptied that night.

On the fifth day of the surprisingly civil sequestration of the Emperor, Princess Wai announced her intention to build a House of Peace, Love, and More Love at the request of her consort Wato. Later that afternoon, fearing further deterioration of the coveted throne, Prince Wen instigated a merry burning of all imperial edicts and messengers leaving the Emperor's residence at General Hao's insistence. After the fifth messenger, the decrees appear to have stopped, and thus did Prince Wen retire with a wolfish smile that night.

On the sixth day, tensions flared between Mei Bi and Lady Wero after the latter was caught attempting to breach the walls with sappers. It soon came to light that Lady Wero had drawn up a coalition of heartland nobles aiming to put the Prince on the throne, and their combined forces encircled the supporters of Princess Wai, General Hao, and Mei Bi. Despite this, General Hao successfully managed to sneak a messenger out of the enemy camp with unknown consequences. Without constant surveillance from unfriendly eyes in Prince Wen's faction, Mei Bi's rogue managed to sneak into the Emperor's sanctuary.

On the seventh day, Heaven turned and promptly decided this wasn't messy enough as it was. Mei Bi's rogue was publicly executed for a supposed attempt on the Emperor's life which Mei Bi vigorously denied. This has put some strain on whatever alliance of convenience existed between Mei Bi and Princess Wai.

Quote from: A message from the Barbarian Empire of Yan
    To the Pontifex of Heaven and her fellow ministers,

The Gods of Yan thank you for your gift of Glory. We have heard of the unrest regarding your beloved Emperor's seat and are willing to intervene to arrange a more peaceful outcome and improve relations with the Kingdom providing our other ministers do not receive a sudden windfall and are distracted with improvements to heavenly palaces instead.

Bao Tu-Mi, Minister of Barbarian Relations

Quote from: Celebratory office construction
    The Ministry of Heavenly Constructions is planning to construct a large new office with the latest divine amenities Heaven has to offer. While it is illegal for them to accept bribes of any kind, they are loudly complaining that they neither know who will get the office nor whether they have enough Glory to get it done in a timely fashion nor whether it will obstruct an existing ministry office. The plans as currently drawn up would require approximately a year and 30 Glory to complete and would likely be enough to boost the Favor and Influence of two greater ministries by one step at the expense of one step of Funding.
    • Du-ur has contributed 8 Glory
    • The Ministry of Civilization has managed to pool 3 Glory
    • Mion has contributed a total of 12 Glory
    • The Ministry of Records has contributed 2 Glory
    The project is only 5 Glory away from getting started.

Quote from: A spooky cavern (part 2)
    A throng of prospectors and miners led by Fiercely-Fighteth-The-Frog Ugduk was the first to arrive to the cavern and immediately began setting up a well-defended camp despite the roars from below. Initial hauls have turned up lots of loose stone and some tin ore and jade. Angelic geologists requested previous survey data from the Ministry of Records and received confirmation that the surrounding area was zoned as a major river several Heavens ago. The next day, Speaker-To-Animals Adner and a generously equipped scouting team arrived and flew straight into the pit. They have yet to be heard from since then, and couriers of the Ministry of Pontifice stationed at the mouth of the cave don't expect contact for no less than another six weeks regardless based on past correspondences with offices in the Underworld.

After a few days, Build-Strong-Fences-That-The-Exhibits-Not-Escape Ayarteshki's teleportation permits were cleared, and a zookeeping team arrived. They quickly pinpointed the origin of the roaring in the caves and reported finding the elusive, highly venomous, and fire-breathing cave wyrmlions . A few wranglers were reported missing, but by the end of the day, the zookeeping team managed to snag a pair of wyrmlions and are in the process of building a suitable exhibit in the Ministry of Records' zoo. By this time, the angelic miners and prospectors managed to complete a somewhat rickety, poorly lit scaffold for the use of their flightless mortal associates. A surprisingly low number of mortal miners have gone missing, which is cause for celebration.

Near the end of the week, after the aftermath of the Ministry of Transportation's lavish party, There-Is-No-Knot Sabal's rescue party began searching for members of the lost steppe clan. They managed to rescue and reunite a separated family and found a few clean horse skeletons, but much of the rest of the clan remains missing for now. Informed of the presence of cave wyrmlions in the depths of the caverns, the search teams have requisitioned equipment comparable to what the zookeepers brought to better handle the deadly beasts. Cynics complain that anyone falling deep enough to be threatened by a wyrmlion probably fell too deep to be rescued to begin with.

The Ministry of Mortal Constructions sponsored Where-Thy-Heart-Is-Thy-Treasure-Will-Be-Also Sisini's request, and the Guild of Gemcutters has set up shop near the cave buying up the gems mined out at rather low prices. The foreangels in charge of directing mining efforts have taken the liberty of ordering arms and armor from mortal smiths with the revenue. (+1 Glory to the Marshal, +1 equipment level for Heaven's host)

Quote from: Monstrous mortal making
    The Steward has announced the start of a project aimed at filling the untamed wilds with monstrous mortals to tame them slightly and keep the Garden safe (in addition to gathering their sweet worship).
    • Triads: Bone-white wooden bodies in appropriately bony shapes, with "hair" consisting of long, thick ivy vines (or similarly textured kelp for those living at coastal areas). Triads are significantly larger in scale than most mortals as fitting their existence as a tree, and are capable of growing even larger with age. Their strength matches their size, making them a very physically capable race. Their mouth contains a "Gemstone of Decay", an onyx-black stone that causes organic matter which contacts it to rapidly decay (as one would expect from the name). They receive sustenance from this decayed matter as one would expect from a plat-like being.
    • Featherfolk: Roughly the size of a mundane bird, featherfolk take on avian aspects in addition to the standard mortal layout. Their arms are functional wings and the hair on their head is (less functional) feathers, including facial hair on the males. Their survival is geared toward stealth, they are capable of swift movement both on the land and in the air while their relatively small size means the wilderness is full of hiding places. They are capable of directing the growth of plants to make appropriately sized equipment and housing.
    • The Fiends: Rather than surviving among the monsters in the wilderness, the Fiend assimilates them. The Fiends start their lifecycle and a small crystalline seed. Once these are eaten by a living being, the Fiend begins the parasitic process of overtaking its new host from the stomach. Rainbow roots stretch into the host from the seed, soon expanding throughout the host's body. Once fully formed the Fiend will have control over the entire host's body with the host effectively being dead. Fiend infected are easily visible at a glance, with visible roots stretching across the body. They are intelligent organisms capable of thought, with their original seed acting as their brain. Carnivores can be infected by devouring a Fiend infected creature before it has fully taken root, or by the hand of a Fiend sabotaging meat for such a purpose.

Quote from: Where's the omelette?
    The recently raised tithes imposed on mortals have been met with a demand for a tangible promise of some kind for continued piety and service to the gods. Some have taken the comet as a sign of the Sun's growing displeasure with this generation of gods and decided to voice their suggestions early.
    • Gem planter, *Guild of Gemcutters: "We wouldn't complain so much about the tithes if you made it rain gemstones for half a day over the artisan's quarter. I have a friend who is an angel who says that's Form MTR-06F8-2 or was it Form MTR-0GFH-2? He said you'd know which one it would be anyway."
    • Street surprise meat vendor, Cult of Sitn: "As the title of this issue suggests, we demand more moa omelettes for our continued sacrifices on your behalf. You act and put us on the front lines, and now you demand even more of what little we have? That's ostrich! I say it's time we got a slice of the pie."
    • Street mystery stew vendor, *Seers of the Throne: "What my lunatic colleague means to say is a bountiful harvest will help all of us keep up with your demands."
    • Haruspex, *Strong Ones: "You could always make us into some kind of monstrous race. If our Monster Master is to be believed, it's half as expensive, results in less paperwork all around, and you can count us as part of our old species for tax purposes."
    • High Priest of *Disciples of Leaves: "I think the land would be a lot more majestic with a nice rainforest in that wilderness between the Bonelands and the Heartlands. Could you spare us a few trees by which I mean whole lot?"
    • Alchemist, *Cultist of Knowledge: "Just give us an incredible secret of advanced technology that totally won't backfire on us, and we will work to double our tithes and offerings! MUAHAHAHAHA!"
    • Nonassassin, *Murderers for Mammon: "So many stupid complaints and requests! If you'll just smite the complainers, the complaints will stop!"
    • Carpenter, *The Doormakers: "Doooors! Du-ur grant us doooors that we may pass!"

Quote from: A visitor?
    "Greetings, gods of the Kingdom Under Heaven. I, Ajanar, am a wandering god from a wealthy land beyond the Bonelands who has heard of your remarkable organization and wishes to study it for the benefit of my colleagues. I ask for a stay of 3 turnings of the Wheel and a place to pasture my herd of 90 celestial elephants. They are well-trained and are unlikely to cause any lasting damage, but I must warn you that they are very loud and messy beasts. I can spare a total of 60 Glory delivered over the next 3 turns for the trouble split among all who will share their facilities to us."

Quote from: Pased and Nodded resolutions
    DCL-666-1: Data Compression Legalization: Legalize the use of data compression techniques in Ministry of Records records
    AEL-8383-7: Angelic Employment Legal Procedure Amendment: Establishes formal legal proceedings for angelic employees accused of inappropriate or criminal conduct, including allowing immediate suspension of duties but preserving freedom and pay until the matter has been formally resolved.
    GLR-0100A: Budgetary Reform: Each Turn the Ministry of Glory will audit the budget of each ministry, creating a detailed lists of expenditures and profits of each ministry. The Ministry of Glory then uses this information to craft the final budget of each Ministry, and allocate funds based upon that budget, organized by expenditure area. In the case a Ministry is unsatisfied with their budget, they may file form GLR-12B along with a proposed budget distribution to the Ministry of Glory, and begin negotiations to rearrange their proposed expenditures and petition for additional funds.

[/list]
    « Last Edit: July 16, 2020, 03:15:45 am by Kilojoule Proton »

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
    • µ
      • View Profile
      • YG toolbox
    « Reply #36 on: July 15, 2020, 09:13:09 pm »

Status

Spoiler: Gods (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Greater Ministries (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Council (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Cults (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Civilization (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The current budget (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: July 16, 2020, 04:36:06 pm by Kilojoule Proton »

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
        • View Profile
      « Reply #37 on: July 15, 2020, 10:16:54 pm »

Quote from:  To the Ministry of Heavenly Constructions
      To whom it may concern,

I have recently heard that you are in need of additional funding for a construction project. As Paragon, matters of funding are my domain and I am delighted to hear of an opportunity to be of service. I would like to personally fund whatever else you need, and provide an additional five glory, for a total of ten glory invested.

However, I must ask permission to use your location prior to construction for 3 turns of the wheel to house a guest in our dominion, as well as several live animals. I am assured they are loud creatures, but will cause no lasting damage. If you are agreeable to these terms, please inform me at your earliest convince.

Your friend,

Paragon Lu

If Lu receives a favorable response from the Ministry of Heavenly Constructions, he sends the following letter.

Quote from:  Letter to Ajanar
      Dear Ajanar,

I write to you today not only in my official capacity as Paragon of the Ministry of Glory, but as a once avid Traveller myself. I have secured a location for your heard of elephants in a zone preordained for construction. As such, it will serve as a delightful pasture for your elephants. As for your own lodgings, the ministry of Glory would be happy to house you. So long as you share with us stories of your rich homelands! I jest, I jest, but my offer is true. I do hope you'll be spending some time with us and that we may share many words over the proper management of Glory and of your exotic homeland.

I'm hopes of a long friendship,

Paragon Lu
      « Last Edit: July 15, 2020, 10:44:33 pm by Roboson »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
      • If you wait long enough, it moves.
        • View Profile
      « Reply #38 on: July 15, 2020, 10:17:06 pm »

The Arbitrary Arbiter is filing a LTN-8077. Once approved, Prince Wei is to be smited.

Form: LTN-8077
      Submitting Official: Arbitrary Arbiter
      Submitting Ministry: Ministry of Justice
      Receiving Ministry: Ministry of Smiting
      Smitee(s): Prince Wei, imperial prince
      Reason: smitee has broken law edict 00003-b, otherwise known as the 'Messenger Edict', which forbids the killing of messengers.

Spoiler: To All Ministry Heads (click to show/hide)

The Arbitrary Arbiter is filing a LOT - 0004; a temporary closure of ministerial activity on the Ministry of Mortal Constructions.

Code: LOT - 0004
      Submitting Official: Arbitrary Arbiter
      Submitting Ministry: Ministry of Justice
      Receiving Ministry: Ministry of Mortal Constructions, Ministry of Civilisation
      Affected Ministry: Ministry of Mortal Constructions
      Effect: closure of Ministry Activities until oaths are extracted from management to renounce their mutiny.
      Reason: continued contempt of Council edict.

The Ministry of Justice is throwing out the court case, Mion v. Numbers-Like-Hips-Lieth-Not Zuraga, citing lack of evidence against the accused.
      « Last Edit: July 15, 2020, 10:34:28 pm by micelus »
      Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
      You win Nakeen
      Marduk is my waifu
      Inanna is my husbando

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
        • View Profile
      « Reply #39 on: July 15, 2020, 10:32:07 pm »

Du-Ur pinned a list of Ministry issues in his office, along with the list of demands from Heaven's sheeps. The scribe looked at them nervously, and then at the Du-uke. He then highlighted them depending on his stance on them.

Ministry of Civilization
      • Worship is stabilizing as the tithes levied on worshipers increase
      • The ministry overwhelmingly supports Princess Wai's faction
      • The Emperor calls on your ministry to facilitate a peaceful transfer of power
      • The Ministry of Mortal Constructions has decided to ignore the Council's zoning edict and rebuild villages destroyed in the Deluge. Prominent angels in your department suggest that they be stopped before the Council enforces its will on them.
      • Princess Wai prays for a miraculous opening of the Emperor's front gate to save her supporters from the heartland nobles
      • The high priests are asking that you intercede with the Paragon on the mortals' behalf, burdened as they are with tithes.
      • The Ministry of Civilization has inexplicably won a contract for the creation of 55,555 doors for the heavenly offices set to be constructed by the Ministry of Heavenly Constructions.
      • Taba Khan is rallying steppe tribes for an invasion, but to where?
      • An inquisitorial bureau is requesting additional funds in order to combat the spread of heretical cults
      • A comet has been sighted! Heresy spreads throughout the lands!

Quote from: Where's the omelette?
      • Gem planter, *Guild of Gemcutters: "We wouldn't complain so much about the tithes if you made it rain gemstones for half a day over the artisan's quarter. I have a friend who is an angel who says that's Form MTR-06F8-2 or was it Form MTR-0GFH-2? He said you'd know which one it would be anyway." (That would definitely lead to unnecessary casualties...)
      • Street surprise meat vendor, Cult of Sitn: "As the title of this issue suggests, we demand more moa omelettes for our continued sacrifices on your behalf. You act and put us on the front lines, and now you demand even more of what little we have? That's ostrich! I say it's time we got a slice of the pie." (Break some eggs?)
      • Street mystery stew vendor, *Seers of the Throne: "What my lunatic colleague means to say is a bountiful harvest will help all of us keep up with your demands." (Finally someone sensible and down to earth!)
      • Haruspex, *Strong Ones: "You could always make us into some kind of monstrous race. If our Monster Master is to be believed, it's half as expensive, results in less paperwork all around, and you can count us as part of our old species for tax purposes." (That sounds on the fringe of heresy)
      • High Priest of *Disciples of Leaves: "I think the land would be a lot more majestic with a nice rainforest in that wilderness between the Bonelands and the Heartlands. Could you spare us a few trees by which I mean whole lot?"(We deal with civilizations, not nature!)
      • Alchemist, *Cultist of Knowledge: "Just give us an incredible secret of advanced technology that totally won't backfire on us, and we will work to double our tithes and offerings! MUAHAHAHAHA!"(I have door related secrets I wouldn't mind sharing...)
      • Nonassassin, *Murderers for Mammon: "So many stupid complaints and requests! If you'll just smite the complainers, the complaints will stop!" (You are part of the complainers)
      • Carpenter, *The Doormakers: "Doooors! Du-ur grant us doooors that we may pass!" (!)

- Manifestation permit application:
      Du-Ur applies for a Manifestation Permit. They will show themselves in time to open the Imperial Gate [KEY], and declare the Will of Heavens. Using the words [Both], [Wet], [Open], and [Or] to back his powerful claim, he shall declare:

"BOTH of you shut up, Heavens is WET with shame before your quarreling. OPEN your hearts to the Will of Heavens, OR be shown the door!"

Quote from: A letter to the Pontifice
      Esteemed Pontifice Ronda,
      Your integrity is legendary

I would like to personally apply for a Manifestation Permit. Due to the urgency of my request, I intercede with you in the hopes you may accelerate the paperwork so that a crisis be averted.

Peace be with you

Du-uke Du-Ur

- Ministry-specific directives:
      > The Rescue Party is recalled, and sent to slow down the Heartland nobles advance, long enough so that I can obtain a Manifestation permit.
      > [3 Glory] The inquisitorial bureau is allocated 3 Glory-worth of funding.
      > [3 Glory] A section of the Ministry is sent to bless the coming harvest of the Kingdom.
      > [3 Glory] A high priest is sent to share the secret of motion detecting doors to the Alchemist. They definitely won't use that knowledge to create traps or automatic killing devices!
      > [3 Glory] The rest of the Ministry is sent to assist me in peacefully resolving the ongoing crisis.
      > [Word: Or] Send a letter to the head of the Ministry of Mortal Constructions
      We suggest you stop all construction in accordance to ZON-5E778-2 and instead rebuild the doors of the citizens of the Kingdom. OR I can show you my brand new door.

- Pretender support: Du-Ur openly supports Princess Wai's faction.

- Office megaproject share purchase: Du-Ur funds 3 Glory into the office shares purchase, thus completing the budget.

Action summary:
      - Du-uke Du-ur backs Princess Wai with 0 Glory.
      - Du-uke Du-ur funds the office share purchase with 3 Glory.
      - Rescue party recalled and sent to slow down the Heartland nobles.
      - Ministry mobilized on various tasks. Bless harvest (3G), share knowledge (3G), assist into peaceful resolution (3G).

Available Glory: 0
      Availabel Words: Both x2, Or

Du-Ur Council Votes
      Voted For
      Voted Neutral
      Voted Against

Proposed resolutions:
      -1 Productivity resolution PRR-8895-BZ2
      -1 Official Council Reprimand FFFF-039-222C
      -1 GLR-1323: Fiscal Discipline Act
      -1 GOD-8R96: Council Rebalancing Act
      -1 Zoning resolution ZON-5E778-2

+1 Stability Resolution FFFF-039-222C
      « Last Edit: July 15, 2020, 10:39:00 pm by Nakéen »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
      • Full Metal Nutball
        • View Profile
      « Reply #40 on: July 15, 2020, 10:46:16 pm »

"There seems to be an increased threat to many of my prophets. Apparently the blow to their reliability has lead to blows to their bodies. I would like to request a number of Smiting Permits large enough to send the message that harming innocent future-seers is unacceptable, and am willing to sign paper work insuring that they will only be used against those who threaten the life of a designated prophet."

Lets read the Prophecy of Doom regarding the Empire's Kingdom's Fate.

Why does our kingdom have an emperor anyway?

Quote from:  to Ajanar
      Hello outlander, I greet you as Steward of the Sun Court.

As it just so happens I was thinking how much the Sun would love us to perform a circus, and a circus is incomplete without loud, messy beasts such as yours. Would your Celestial Elephants enjoy putting on such a show? The Sun will hardly mind the noise, praise is best when performed at full volume, and I will equip attendants to insure that the venue will remain as sparkling as I am. As such I'm willing to take in a circus's worth of celestial elephants for such a performance.

May your wallet never feel light,
      Steward Elda of the Sun Court.

Assuming my request is accepted, the Ministry is tasked with preparing the performance of a grand circus for the Sun. We will call it Cirque du Soleil, a totally original name that I just came up with.
      « Last Edit: July 15, 2020, 10:58:17 pm by Stirk »

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
      • µ
        • View Profile
        • YG toolbox
      « Reply #41 on: July 16, 2020, 01:00:11 am »

Quote from:  To the Ministry of Heavenly Constructions
      To whom it may concern,

I have recently heard that you are in need of additional funding for a construction project. As Paragon, matters of funding are my domain and I am delighted to hear of an opportunity to be of service. I would like to personally fund whatever else you need, and provide an additional five glory, for a total of ten glory invested.

However, I must ask permission to use your location prior to construction for 3 turns of the wheel to house a guest in our dominion, as well as several live animals. I am assured they are loud creatures, but will cause no lasting damage. If you are agreeable to these terms, please inform me at your earliest convince.

Your friend,

Paragon Lu
      Quote from: To Paragon Lu
      To the exalted Paragon Lu,

Please please please don't turn our construction site into an elephant pasture! They may not do lasting damage to buildings, but they certainly will wreck our measurements and materials, setting us back a turn on top of the three turns the elephants get to roam around on our grounds! We hear the Ministry of Mortal Constructions is openly rebelling against the Council, and they have a lush garden and fountain; maybe they should be the ones to pay the price for it?

The Board of the Ministry of Heavenly Constructions

The Ministry of Justice is throwing out the court case, Mion v. Numbers-Like-Hips-Lieth-Not Zuraga, citing lack of evidence against the accused.
      Quote from: To Archivist Mion
      To the accursed laughingstock of Heaven, Archivist Mion,

As the prophecy foretold, I've been released! Could you provide a list of greater ministries in descending order of hatred?

Vindicated,
      Numbers-Like-Hips-Lieth-Not Zuraga

Hello outlander, I greet you as Steward of the Sun Court.

As it just so happens I was thinking how much the Sun would love us to perform a circus, and a circus is incomplete without loud, messy beasts such as yours. Would your Celestial Elephants enjoy putting on such a show? The Sun will hardly mind the noise, praise is best when performed at full volume, and I will equip attendants to insure that the venue will remain as sparkling as I am. As such I'm willing to take in a circus's worth of celestial elephants for such a performance.

Quote from: To Steward Elda
      Dear Steward Elda, Favored of the Sun,

I am flattered to hear that your radiant Sun will enjoy the presence of my elephants and will be glad to lend you a portion my herd for use in a show, but I must warn you: These elephants are not easily spooked and are prone to trampling things smaller than them like your servants! I will wait a few days more before splitting my herd to make sure they do not overrun any one ministry while I study your novel papered ways.

Under the Heaven of your Sun(?),
      Ajanar, Lord of Scholarship

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
      • Full Metal Nutball
        • View Profile
      « Reply #42 on: July 16, 2020, 01:34:15 am »

Quote from: To Ajanar, Lord of Scholarship
      I will take head of your warning. To facilitate easy care of your beasts, I shalt Plant Mushrooms of Growth, to be ground into flour and made into cakes that can be left in the Court break-room with signs helpfully directing staff to eat them. With this, my Servants should become of sufficient size to have little to fear from stampedes (at least for a time). Alternatives plants are available if need be, but I would prefer to avoid sedating, shrinking, or pacifying your wonderful animals for the show. We may find it necessary to bribe them with treats, I will assure that these do not throw off the balance of their diet.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
      • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
        • View Profile
      « Reply #43 on: July 16, 2020, 02:00:14 am »

An elegant calligraphed stone tablet is sent to Ajanar
      Quote from: Elegant Calligraphed Stone Tablet
      To Learned Scholar Ajanar
      May your herds be ever healthy and well-tusked

I was able to find a well stocked and furnished elephant pasture for your herd, where they could enjoy themselves under the pleasant noddings of the sun and feast upon sweet leaves and grasses and the fruit of the heavenly Amarula, if you would be interested in hosting them there.

Further, though of course, as an honest official of the court I have no abode of my own and spend all my salary upon the betterment of heaven, you are welcome to come live in my offices and peruse the extensive libraries of the Ministry of Records at your leisure.

- Greedily yours, Mion

An elegant calligraphed stone tablet response is sent to Numbers-Like-Hips-Lieth-Not Zuraga
      To the self-admittedly murderous Numbers-Like-Hips-Lieth-Not Zuraga

As requested.

Most hated by Mion: The Sun's Court
      Ministry of Records
      Ministry of Justice
      Ministry of the Realm
      Ministry of Civilization
      Ministry of Pontifice
      Ministry of Might
      Least hated by Mion: Ministry of Glory

Vindicated,
      Archivist Mion

A new copy of a previous missive is sent to Pontifex Ronda.
      [URGENT]
      To Pontifex Ronda
      May your fields be ever bountiful

Godpaper supply is insufficient to meet godpaper demand. We request that sacrifices of blessed paper and other sources of godpaper production be increased in scope and quantity as much as possible.

It is of the greatest importance to the smooth workings of the Heavenly Bureaucracy that contact is re-established with the Underworld. We request that your ministry focuses the greatest amount of their attention on this or we will request arbitration.

- Concernedly yours, Mion, Archivist.

High Level Summary: Propose a measure to the Council: That only the priests of current Heavenly Gods can hold council seats (seconded)
      High Level Summary: Propose a measure to the Council: That one of the angels on the councils be replaced by an appointee from the Ministry of Aggressive Waterfowl. (seconded)
      « Last Edit: July 21, 2020, 02:49:26 am by Demonic Spoon »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
      • Nope~
        • View Profile
      « Reply #44 on: July 16, 2020, 04:43:27 am »

To Ajanar
      Quote from: Wax Tablet to Ajanar
      Greetings and Salutations!

My august Ministry and I would be more than happy to house your wealthy elephants. The Ministry of the Realm prides itself on taking good care of angelic servants- a task made easier by wealthy donors such as yourself- and would likewise ensure the good health and cheer of your companions. Furthermore, no offense to my comrades intended, my ministry is arguably one of the more functional and harmonious at the moment, and may be of substantial interest to your noble quest.

Warmly,

To the Ministry of Mortal Constructions
      Quote from: From the Ministry of Mortal Constructions
          Erudite Manager Tuuok of the Minister of Realms,

We must humbly implore you once again to permit our project of compassion. The Council has no business designating the former homes of mortals monster hunting grounds. We do not wish to bring in the Ministry of Civilization on this matter for their attempts to take over our board in the past, but we will if ZON-5E778 is not repealed.

Yours in harmony,
          The Board of the Ministry of Mortal Constructions
      Quote from: Wax Tablet to the Ministry of Mortal Constructions
      Willful Board of the Ministry of Mortal Constructions,

The matter appears quite out of my hands at this point, but let this be a lesson on the dangers of seeking harmony without consensus. I remain available should you have anything to discuss, but if you persist in defying the Council you may indeed require the backing (and associated risks) of the Ministry of Civilization.

With Some Concern,

To the Ministry of Monstrous Creations
      Quote from: From the Ministry of Monstrous Creations
      Dear Manager Tuuok of the Minister of Realms,

Our contacts tell us that the Ministry of Mortal Constructions has been appealing to you regarding ZON-5E778, and we feel we must make our case as well. We sent a team of surveyors after the Deluge and found the lands the Ministry of Mortal Constructions claims unsuitable for mortal habitation. It is by the Council's will that we seek to reclaim this land as a paradise for monsters far away from existing settlements. Our coffers are considerably deeper than those of the Ministry of Mortal Constructions, and we trust you will make the right decision in time.

The Board of the Ministry of Monstrous Creations
      Quote from: Wax Tablet to the Ministry of Monstrous Creations
      Esteemed Board of the Ministry of Monstrous Creations

Greetings and Salutations! I apologize for the lateness of this reply, but hope it finds you well. Your wisdom and good sense are apparent, and you have my support in this matter, resolved though it seems. Should you require anything further, know that the Ministry of the Realm stands by its good friends.

With Best Wishes,

Tuuok happily polishes the incidental Glory that arrived with the Ministry's letter.

====

COUNCIL PROPOSALS
      "Desperate times call for desperate measures. If we cannot agree on a successor, we shall just have to agree on a succession!"

Quote from: Mandate Acquisition Ritual Endorsement Act A120-102-4C-AAA
      Establishes a formal procedure for establishing Twelve Quests to be undertaken by claimants to the throne, as well as a procedure for ranking their performances in these tests.

QUEST ESTABLISHMENT: The twelve tests are to be devised as follows:
      -8 tests are to be established through the individual discretion of the heads of each of the Eight Greater Ministries, with each Minister devising one such test.
      -2 tests are to be established by the lesser Ministries, submitted and voted on by their Boards. The two leading proposals shall become tests.
      -2 tests are to be established by the Council, with proposals submitted by any angel of Bureau Head station or higher and voted on by the Council. The two leading proposals shall become tests.

QUEST RANKING: The results of each trial are to be decided as follows:
      -All tests must be such that a clear first, second, and third place are possible and likely. As such, in the normal course of operation, it should be manifestly apparent which claimant performed in which position. In the event of a lack of such clarity, the Council will vote to assign such rankings. Regardless of the method, the first place claimant shall be assigned 3 Crown points, the second place claimant 2 Crown Points, and the third place claimant 1 Crown Point.
      -The Council shall vote to distribute up to 3 Crown Points, at most one per claimant, among those claimants who have displayed exceptional feats of effort or skill. The first, second, and third place winners described above are eligible for these points only for feats unrelated to their victories.
      -The Council shall vote to distribute up to 3 Crown Points, at most one per claimant, among those claimants who have displayed exceptional qualities fit for a Son or Daughter of Heaven, independent of its value to the quest at hand. The qualities appropriate for such a station are to be the discretion of the Council.

QUEST RESULTS: Upon completion of the Twelve Quests, the claimant with the highest number of Crown Points shall be declared Son or Daughter of Heaven and ascend the mortal throne. In the unlikely event of a tie, all claimants tied for first place shall be declared co-rulers.
      Quote from: Abyssal Angelic Safety Regulation Augmentation Proposal 201-205-202-114-A (Revision 2b)
      Establishes regulations for angel employees operating near the newly discovered cavern. Notably:
      -Requires well-ordered barrel racks on site for angels to inhabit
      -Permits angels to refuse orders or activities they feel would be personally unsafe, unless this act is necessary to secure the safety of another angel
      -Requires any team of angels venturing beyond established lighting and constructions to contain a minimum of:
      --Navigator, qualified to lead teams through known and unknown tunnels with some proficiency
      --Scout, qualified to read signs of life and other transient threats and opportunities
      --War-Wing, qualified to engage foul beasts in glorious combat
      -Addendum: The same angel may be rated for multiple roles

To Ronda of the Ministry of Pontifice
      Quote from: Wax Tablet to the Ministry of Pontifice
      Esteemed Pontifex Ronda of the Ministry of Pontifice,

As you may or may not be aware, a valiant hero was treacherously slain attempting to bring peace to the realm. I would like you to reincarnate their soul into an angel, that they may continue to serve Heaven and the Gardens, and continue to reap the rewards of such noble service. Please let me know if you require anything to accomplish this task.

Solemnly,
      Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
      A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
      The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
      Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7