Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Titans of Creation: Redux [7/7 Titans Creating!]  (Read 3298 times)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Titans of Creation: Redux [7/7 Titans Creating!]
« on: July 08, 2020, 10:28:32 am »

Based on the great original by Iituem. I'll let them tell how it is, with some edits:

In this game, players take on the role of great titans of creation, shaping a new world. I will take seven players, and there are a handful of rules set up to give this game an ending and some basic structure.  There is no particular turn order, you create as and when you want once we start, as it is not possible to win this game.

Rules

- Each Titan starts with 1000 points.  No more points may be earned.
 - Creating a new law or amending an existing law (or set of laws) of physics costs 250 points, or 20 if limited to a specific area (e.g. anti-gravity, magical ley lines, halt of ageing, the rudiments of a magic system).
 - Altering the cosmos costs 100 points. (e.g. A new moon, a new sun, destroying a world, tearing a rift in space and time)
 - Creating a major geographical feature costs 50 points (e.g. mountain, sea, jungles etc).
 - Creating a new broad family of life costs 50 points (e.g. trees, giant mushroom forests, dragonkin, giant vortices of light-reflecting obsidian).
 - Creating a new sapient race costs 50 points, but note: In this game, this race will never become more advanced than the Bronze Age.
 - Creating a specific new type of creature or plantlife costs 10 points (e.g. dragons, trolls, golems, triffids, cinnamon, chaos mushrooms).
 - Creating a special landmark costs 25 points (e.g. magical monolith, motherlode of gold, well of sorrows).
 - Creating a special artefact costs 50 points (e.g. the infinity sword, the bottomless bag, the bone of contention).
 - More rules and costs, as and when needed.

- When you are out of points, or decide to retire, each Titan's final act is to create a god to steward the world in their absence, and then the Titans move on to another world.

There we have it. I will be writing the results of your creations and drawing a Wonderdraft map as we go along to represent our fine new world. I have no immediate plans for what to do with the resulting world, but it's a nice communal worldbuilding session that anyone can then use for their own purposes! The original was already great fun on its own. You are free to go wild with your creations, but creating blatant expies of some existing franchise or meme creations is heavily frowned upon.

Titan App

Name:
Appearance:

Eventual God Design (Do this at the end)

Name:
Sphere:
Typical depictions:
Preferred form of worship: (prayer, animal sacrifice, sapient sacrifice, ritual destruction of objects of value)
Expected Boons: (what kind of rewards the deity supposedly gives the faithful)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2020, 11:48:36 am by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Titans of Creation: Redux [Sign-ups!]
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2020, 10:52:50 am »

Name: Null
Appearance: A humanoid hole in reality. Not black, more like... static, or emptiness.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2020, 10:57:46 am »

Titan App

Name: Frost
Appearance: A blue gem made of shining ice.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2020, 11:11:00 am »

Hey DH, long time.

Name: Cathex
Appearance: The Cathex rarely acquires a physical form, instead investing itself into existing matter when the need or 'desire' arises. Drifting space dust, open water, the artist's easel, the fiend's blade, the stones of monuments, the pulp of rotting logs, all can be host to the titan spirit of the Cathex. Subtle for a titan, such habitation comes with little physical alteration of the substrate. In the absence of any material substrate, or for formal occasions between peers, the Cathex manifests multiple thin sheets of reflective dust, bending and wrapping them into a shape somewhat akin to that of a passion flower. 
« Last Edit: July 08, 2020, 12:09:23 pm by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2020, 01:49:55 pm »

Name: Tirama
Appearance: A large green bird made of leaves where feathers would be. The wings are 2 large leaves, allowing it to fly. Where its beak would be, is 4 purple petals which open and close. This is its mouth. Its eyes are compound, like that of an insect. Its legs are made of brown bark, its talons having 3 front toes and 3 back toes.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2020, 02:07:30 pm »

Will post after work.

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2020, 03:18:17 pm »

I just have to say the amount of games full of divinity and creation popping up excites me to no end! Speaking of which, my potential Titan here is an unused concept from another game that I feel had some merit, and will likely fit better here than elsewhere. I'll give this a shot!

I've lost control of my life.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2020, 05:56:51 am »

You only do this at the end of the game. No harm done, but you might end up changing your mind and making something else altogether at that point.

Hey DH, long time.

Heyo! Indeed.

I just have to say the amount of games full of divinity and creation popping up excites me to no end! Speaking of which, my potential Titan here is an unused concept from another game that I feel had some merit, and will likely fit better here than elsewhere. I'll give this a shot!

God games are always popular, but there is a boom in them right now, isn't there? The more the merrier. Welcome aboard.

Six players is plenty to start, so I'll get to work on the opening post. The seventh (and Roboson, when they have time to finish their app) can join as we go along!
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2020, 06:22:36 am »

I.

This is a place without time. A world of endless still waters orbits a frozen sun. The moment is eternal, suspended, waiting - and at once, or at last, the waiting ends, as the Sun stirs and seven Titans emerge into existence. They watch and descend, moving upon the face of the waters, as Time takes its first hesitant breaths. Creation begins.

The world is nameless. A vast ocean covers it fully. It orbits the Sun, a dynamo of divine fire that makes all this be. Two other worlds spin in the darkness further out, barren and dead. In the epochs that pass, simple life forms and multiplies in the ocean depths, laying the foundation for what is to come.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Details (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Titans (click to show/hide)

You may begin. Please bold a summary of your creation and what you think its points cost is within your post.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Titans of Creation: Redux [6/7 Titans Creating!]
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2020, 08:39:49 am »

Tirama creates kelp, tall aquatic multicellular sessile photosynthetic organisms. One stem and many leaves growing along the stem, over time they reach ever higher, limited only by how much water there is and how much sunlight reaches them.
Create new broad fam8ly of life: 50 points

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2020, 09:30:37 am »

Waving kelp forests springing into life, dancing, glimmering, breathing 'neathe the light swept depths. It was a peaceful time, tranquil and wonderful to the nascent eye. But those whom took the firmament into their own hands, Titans were they, extent at last. These beings knew that which must be done, seeking little else than to impose theirs will.

Perculus was no different.

From the mixing, foaming sea waters, baking in the heat, and the sulfuric fog rising from untapped vents amidst the bedrock, the bronze collossus emerged. Rsing to the surface of these briny waters where the Sun kissed them gently, as did it to he. Gleaming, reflecting a radiant gratitude across the metal skin of the Titan.

There, as it stood from the ancient waters, it became enraptured by the beauty of the avian Tirama and their caring first touch upon this canvas. Perculus' golden face of Vanity took to the sight and drew him to work. With a wide sweep of his great arm, the titan wrested a swath of this seaweed into his grip. And with it weaved a cord fit for the floral bird. Then, he runs those fingers through the seabed itself, gathering all manner of gem and stone, compacting it to a single oval, that takes on a lucent shade.

To this cord he affixes the gem, and to this necklace he speaks a solemn word of admiration, creating this world's first artefact. ( 50 points ) And to Tirama, the Lord of Storms presents it without a word.
I've lost control of my life.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2020, 09:48:37 am »

Tirama takes the necklace. Her petals open, producing a sound a bit like this, attempting to communicate that she likes the necklace and gem. She then creates small creatures with hardened exoskeletons that crawl among the kelp, eating some, but due to their small size not really doing permanent damage. Some of these creatures eat the microbes that fill the waters, some even target other species of this family. The bronze Titan Perculus has a shell, so too will the first multicellular creatures, to protect them from future threats.
Tirama creates the Arthropods: 50 points

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2020, 07:17:47 am »

The others haven't found the time to post acts yet, but might as well update already.

II.

The Titans begin their great work. All of existence is young and scarcely knows of the terrible force of entropy to come. The joy of creation is at its purest.

Kelp come to being throughout the world-sea. With no competition, they thrive. Kelp forests appear where the seas are shallow and the sunlight plentiful.

Arthropods spread in the world-sea, scuttling, crawling, floating and burrowing in search of food. They find it in the fledgling forests of kelp and sometimes in other living beings. The creatures fill a wide variety of niches and take up myriad forms, forming elaborate ecosystems within the kelp forests and ocean depths. Many take on qualities of the Titan that inspired their creation, with gleaming bronze shells and gilded chitin.

The Sea Sapphire is created out of love and admiration and gifted unto the Titan Tirama. Time will tell what strange divine qualities this artifact may possess.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Details (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Titans (click to show/hide)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2020, 07:37:16 am »

Frost slowly moves to act.

250 points, New Law, Mana.
They seed the cosmos with divine mana, with which the sentient may use to cast magic. With which creatures can grow and incorporate it into themselves to achieve fantastical feats.

25x7=175 points, Landmark, World Trees
Into the ocean, seeds are planted around the world., and magnificent trees grow underwater, generating mana ad infitum, recycling it.

50 points, sapient race, Fairy
And with divine power are born the Fairy, which tend to the world and help others, born near the very Trees that were created. A magical race that feeds upon the mana of the world and do not require breathing, who can survive many different conditions and be changed depending on where their home is placed. So long as the land they have chosen lives, if they are killed they will revive at that land. A cheerful and short race not much afraid of death, with wings and young bodies that do not age.

Frost is slow to act, but quick as a sudden storm when doing so.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2020, 09:38:33 am »

I'm here for the seventh spot.

Titan App
Name: Ordo
Appearance: A fractal Menger Sponge made of dark stone. It is surrounded by thousands of arms made of energy
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*
Pages: [1] 2 3 4