Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Hierarchy OOC: Turn 0 (7/7)  (Read 6496 times)

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
Re: Hierarchy OOC: Turn 0 (7/7)
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2020, 03:13:05 pm »

Mion, golden statue encrusted with various sapphires, looms over a committee in a dusty cramped sub-office of the chronically underfunded Records Ministry

"So, who keeps murdering the Archivists?"

As the sapphires begin to transmute into emeralds, Mion's voice like a ringing going continues

"I suppose my bureau heads should introduce themselves?"

"What would you experienced and wise members of this ministry describe the current state of the archives as? What should be our most urgent priorities?"
« Last Edit: July 10, 2020, 03:47:48 pm by Demonic Spoon »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2020, 03:25:14 pm »

The clattering of angry doors agitated the heavenly office as Du-Ur lost the coveted position of Pontifex by a slight difference.

"This is getting on my hinges! Who was the fool who voted for this mycelic greenhead gardener of a Goddess?! She would have obviously been a better fit for the current Du-uke position!"

After a few more therapeutic door smashing, Du-ur cooled down and locked its boiling humors down. With a sighing creak of a door lacking oil, Du-Ur considered the situation.

"Creaak. This is but a minor setback in my plans, I can still reform the Pontifice from the outside. Now for the task at hand... I was a lord of civilization once, I was a birther of legends! My leadership shall open new du-urs to the Gardens, and our vassals shall prosper. Now, scribe to me!"

Du-Ur summoned a nearby scribe to write two letters.
One to congratulate Ronda of her victory, because as so-ur as Du-Ur was, he was still a good sport about it, and it's not like he disliked the Goddess of Plants.
The second was to ask the Arbitrary Arbiter about the state of the Gardens, it would be hard to begin the task at hand without information.

To the esteemed Ronda, from your colleague Du-Ur
Your wisdom and mercy are legendary.

We offer you our sincere congratulations on your narrow victory for the position of Pontifex. May your leadership be just and everlasting.

Aware as you are as the ongoing feud between our two ministries, I hope our combined wisdom will help bridge the unfortunate gap plaguing the machinery of our bureaucracy, hopefully allowing our respective domains to grow and prosper.

Peace be with you

To the most esteemed Arbitrary Arbiter, from your colleage Du-Ur

As the new head of the Ministry of Civilization, I come to your wise counsel in order to ascertain the state of mortal affairs in the Gardens and the lands beyond. Because there could be none more qualified than you are in the knowledge of such matters, I know your arbitrary knowledge will be true and accurate.

What became of the civilizations after the flood caused by the overflowing Bowl? What is the state of door technology among the denizens of the Gardens?

It seem I have accidentally joined a gift with this letter, oh airhead me. You may feel free to ignore my mishap, your excellency.

Peace be with you

To the letter is joined a hefty bribe of exotic foods

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2020, 03:31:43 pm »

[auote]May peace be with you as well, Du-Ur. Surely Civilization and Trade go hand in hand[/quote]

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2020, 04:02:50 pm »

A whirling ball of knives stabs elegant carved messages into stone tablets, which discontent underlings are tasked with delivering to various apartments, each with a small gift of pure white sunflower seeds. Some who are knowledgeable might notice that the specific sunflower cultivar that produces these seeds is supposed to be have died out several centuries ago.

Merciful Arbitrary Arbitrator, font of all knowledge.

What is the title of the Head of the Ministry of Teleporation?

What bribes would you recommend for usage within the heavenly Bureaucracy?

Who keeps murdering the Archivists and why?

What is the current state of the Garden of Heaven? My memories are a bit muddled from that time I died for a while. I'm pretty sure we had bronze weapons?

I hope you aren't angry about that time we brutally murdered all your old colleagues? No hard feelings and all that?

What is the Sun? A god? Something else? Very bright ball of light and fire in the sky that is somehow source of heavenly authority?

What is Glory?

- Cordially, Mion, Archivist

Dear Teleportation Ministry Leadery Person He-Who-Moveth-Before-The-Lantern-Greeneth-Must-Be-Put-To-Death Bayari

As you no doubt know, we of the Ministry of Records need to frequently move to the various mortal regions to compile our very important reports and lists. We hope that some arrangement could be reached that would allow us to complete our duties without ruinous licencing expenses.

- Fawningly yours, Mion, Archivist

To my Comrade in Arms, Paragon Lu

While we haven't been particularly close before the whole "coup to reach heaven by violence" event happened, I recall you waxing poetic about the good old days when we went drinking that one time. You remember, with the satyrs and um, some things happened?

Anyway, as you should know, the Ministry of Records is all about old things and the recording and restoration thereof. If we happened to receive more funding, we could do this better, and perhaps do some creative filing to result in the return of a few old classics.

- Greedily yours, Mion, Archivist

P.S. Gimme fat stacks of Glory.

To Du-uke Du-ur of the Minstry of Civilization

Greetings Du-ur, may your hinges ever be well oiled. We would like to co-operate with your ministry on getting accurate census data on the mortals.

- Inquisitively yours, Mion, Archivist.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2020, 04:52:21 pm »

"Have they never heard the term, 'All is fair in Love and War'? Believe me, I am not unable to fight, nor defend myself. Such is needed when traveling to distant places where law and order is either thin, corrupt, or non-existent. Now that the puns are out of the way, give me the reports on any threats that need dealing with. If you don't have them, go ask for them from who does. There is work to be done, war to be had, people to save and smite alike, and hard love to spread to idiots who do not actually do their paperwork on time."

Loudly-Rattle-The-Sabers-Of-The-Righteous-That-War-May-Be-Averted Flerius, Head of the Bureau of Outer Omnipotence Management: "Our armies are broken, Marshal. I suggest a temporary truce with the Ministry of Civilization to allow our mortal allies to retake our stolen lands from the pantheons beyond."
My-Thunderbolt-Is-Longer-Than-Thine Nefere, Head of the Bureau of Arms and Munitions: "THY ASCENSION was AN ACCIDENT. A GODSLAUGHTER! I don't know where th'art FROM, but GODSLAUGHTER is NOT as HIGH as GODMURDER!"
This-Is-Heaven Paeusandros, Head of the Bureau of Armies, Navies, and Godforces: "Make war! Not travel! Nor the other thing!"

Mion, golden statue encrusted with various sapphires, looms over a committee in a dusty cramped sub-office of the chronically underfunded Records Ministry

"So, who keeps murdering the Archivists?"

As the sapphires begin to transmute into emeralds, Mion's voice like a ringing going continues

"I suppose my bureau heads should introduce themselves?"

"What would you experienced and wise members of this ministry describe the current state of the archives as? What should be our most urgent priorities?"

Numbers-Like-Hips-Lieth-Not Zuraga, Head of the Bureau of Observations, Research, and Extrapolations: "Greetings, Archivist! I am Numbers-Like-Hips-Lieth-Not Zuraga, Head of the Bureau of Observations, Research, and Extrapolation, and I say! There is no proof supporting your scurrilous suggestion that Archivists are murdered any more often than other head ministers! Allow me to produce this enlightening plot:"
Spoiler: Enlightening plot (click to show/hide)
Time-Flieth-Like-A-Banana Hjolmgi, Head of the Bureau of Time Management or Distribution: "I salute thee as Time-Flieth-Like-A-Banana Holmgi, Head of the Bureau of Time Management or Distribution, new Archivist! May thy tenure be longer than the last and not just by temporal calibration! Our first priority be slowing down the flow of time so our clerks can finish their assigned tasks! We estimate that a compression factor of 100 000 000 be enough for our purposes!"
No-Creature-Did-Heaven-Create-More-Finely-Than-The-Humble-Spider Vata, Head of the Bureau of Indexing and Networking: "More Glory. More clerks. More clerks to keep track of clerks. More godpaper."

(more to follow shortly)

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2020, 05:14:16 pm »

Numbers-Like-Hips-Lieth-Not Zuraga, Head of the Bureau of Observations, Research, and Extrapolations: "Greetings, Archivist! I am Numbers-Like-Hips-Lieth-Not Zuraga, Head of the Bureau of Observations, Research, and Extrapolation, and I say! There is no proof supporting your scurrilous suggestion that Archivists are murdered any more often than other head ministers! Allow me to produce this enlightening plot:"
Spoiler: Enlightening plot (click to show/hide)
"Bureau Head Numbers-Like-Hips-Lieth-Not, your own chart clearly indicates that the Record Head death rates is significantly higher than that of other ministries. I want answers, not this nonsense. If you continue to attempt to obfuscate important issues through misleading charts when speaking with me I will assume you are the murderer and deal with you thusly."

The Golden Statue of Mion turns their attention to all three the Bureau Heads.

"Now, I will ask again, who is murdering the Archivists, and why."

Time-Flieth-Like-A-Banana Hjolmgi, Head of the Bureau of Time Management or Distribution: "I salute thee as Time-Flieth-Like-A-Banana Holmgi, Head of the Bureau of Time Management or Distribution, new Archivist! May thy tenure be longer than the last and not just by temporal calibration! Our first priority be slowing down the flow of time so our clerks can finish their assigned tasks! We estimate that a compression factor of 100 000 000 be enough for our purposes!"
"What are these assigned tasks that they need 274 millennia per normal time day to complete Bureau Head Time-Flieth-Like-A-Banana? And how would you propose that we reach such levels of time compression?"

No-Creature-Did-Heaven-Create-More-Finely-Than-The-Humble-Spider Vata, Head of the Bureau of Indexing and Networking: "More Glory. More clerks. More clerks to keep track of clerks. More godpaper."
"Finally, someone who seems to be halfway sensible. Tell me Bureau Head No-Creature-Did-Heaven-Create-More-Finely-Than-The-Humble-Spider, what is godpaper and how would we go about acquiring it? Similarly, how does the acquisition of labour work within the Heavenly Bureaucracy?"

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2020, 06:23:44 pm »

Tuuok shakes his head in an exasperated grumble, prodigious nose wobbling extensively.

"Nothing ever works right on the first day, so let's get started. Where does our department stand?"

He eyes each of his Bureau Heads as he speaks, wondering about their quality.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2020, 07:38:46 pm »

To the most esteemed Arbitrary Arbiter, from your colleage Du-Ur

As the new head of the Ministry of Civilization, I come to your wise counsel in order to ascertain the state of mortal affairs in the Gardens and the lands beyond. Because there could be none more qualified than you are in the knowledge of such matters, I know your arbitrary knowledge will be true and accurate.

What became of the civilizations after the flood caused by the overflowing Bowl? What is the state of door technology among the denizens of the Gardens?

It seem I have accidentally joined a gift with this letter, oh airhead me. You may feel free to ignore my mishap, your excellency.

Peace be with you

To the letter is joined a hefty bribe of exotic foods

You receive a letter in reply; it smells heavily of fruit. There is a small amount of grease around its rightward margin.

Merciful Arbitrary Arbitrator, font of all knowledge.

What is the title of the Head of the Ministry of Teleporation?

What bribes would you recommend for usage within the heavenly Bureaucracy?

Who keeps murdering the Archivists and why?

What is the current state of the Garden of Heaven? My memories are a bit muddled from that time I died for a while. I'm pretty sure we had bronze weapons?

I hope you aren't angry about that time we brutally murdered all your old colleagues? No hard feelings and all that?

What is the Sun? A god? Something else? Very bright ball of light and fire in the sky that is somehow source of heavenly authority?

What is Glory?

- Cordially, Mion, Archivist

You receive a letter in reply; it is sealed with a sigil of black and gold. The colours of warning.

Spoiler: To the ARCHIVIST (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: July 10, 2020, 07:53:58 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2020, 10:42:17 pm »

I would like to congratulate everyone on mixing the hardest to read text possible into your speech.

"It is right and just that I should be the Steward. Seeds need sunlight to grow, gems need light to show off their spender....save those that do not in both cases I suppose. It seems our ascensions made quite the mess of things. Despite my privilege to see into the future, it appears to be murky do to our actions.. Speaking of privilege, someone fetch the Sun some tea. Likewise, the land itself seems to have changed greatly from the time when we had walked upon it, once again by our hands. I will work to ensure that the gems of life I plant will return to...no, surpass the former glory of our great land. My time basking in the Sun will perhaps be limited, as it is for all things, but I hope to make good use of it."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2020, 10:48:12 pm »

"This is getting on my hinges! Who was the fool who voted for this mycelic greenhead gardener of a Goddess?! She would have obviously been a better fit for the current Du-uke position!"
The head of the Bureau of Orders, Artwork, Sects, and Temples cowers and flees along with the other two heads and their secretaries and their scribes and the rest of their entourage at this episode of Du-ur-slamming!

Dear Teleportation Ministry Leadery Person He-Who-Moveth-Before-The-Lantern-Greeneth-Must-Be-Put-To-Death Bayari

As you no doubt know, we of the Ministry of Records need to frequently move to the various mortal regions to compile our very important reports and lists. We hope that some arrangement could be reached that would allow us to complete our duties without ruinous licencing expenses.

- Fawningly yours, Mion, Archivist

Spoiler: To the Archivist (click to show/hide)

Numbers-Like-Hips-Lieth-Not Zuraga: "If you'll just consult my chart again, Archivist, you'll see the number of Archivists is not particularly different! Here, I'll conjure it again:"
Spoiler: The chart again (click to show/hide)
Time-Flieth-Like-A-Banana Hjolmgi: "If I may, Archivist, there be no recorded causes of death for the last few Archivists! Surely thou'd agree the only kennable explanation be suicide fro' all the work we be doing! We reckon 274 millennia will be enough to prevent thy suicide!"
No-Creature-Did-Heaven-Create-More-Comely-Than-The-Humble-Spider Vata: "Fleshies come. Gods die. So what? Upfuturesouthspinwardleftdownstairs wing of bureau complain. Big room. No godpaper. Store employment records. Promise more. But where? Last Archivist? Never said. Just appeared. Poof. Good one though. Got us Greater. No Glory now. Back to Lesser."

Tuuok shakes his head in an exasperated grumble, prodigious nose wobbling extensively.

"Nothing ever works right on the first day, so let's get started. Where does our department stand?"

He eyes each of his Bureau Heads as he speaks, wondering about their quality.
Long-Names-Are-For-The-Haughty Ze, Head of the Bureau of Angelic Clerks, Kings, Servants, Temple Administrators, and Bureaucrats: "Greetings, Manager Tuuok. Thou art in no danger whatsoever. With the state of the world as it is, there is little to manage with our contacts in the Garden. Thou art in a position of safety. We would do well to arrange matters so that a more agreeable Son or Daughter Under Heaven takes the throne. Thou art in absolutely no danger. We would also recommend ending the hiring freeze thy predecessor imposed. Again, no one is plotting against thee."
Aran Meni, Head of the Bureau of Omens, Fame, and Heroism: "Well met, Manager Tuuok! The world is ripe for great deeds of daring heroism! Send my bureau some more Glory, and we will repay you by performing glorious deeds on the Garden!"
The-Barn-Is-Mightier-Than-The-Sword Tsano, Head of the Bureau of Land Use and Edifices: "O Manager, we wish not to impose on thee, but there is an urgent matter that demandeth thine attention. The Ministry of Mortal Constructions hath successfully petitioned that the destruction wrought by the recent events be reversed, but their proposal runneth afoul of Zoning Decree ZON-5E778, which prescribeth that half of the land they claim to have been mortal settlements be instead monster-infested wildernesses. We pray that thou resolve this matter ere it reacheth the Ministry of Justice!"

(more to follow shortly)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2020, 11:36:33 pm by Kilojoule Proton »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2020, 11:32:34 pm »

Numbers-Like-Hips-Lieth-Not Zuraga is apprehended and sent to the Ministry of Justice for being either criminally incompetent or actively malicious.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2020, 11:50:28 pm by Demonic Spoon »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2020, 11:46:18 pm »

The Ministry of Justice has noted that it has received Numbers-Like-Hips-Lieth-Not Zuraga and will be carrying out a Deep Probe into the Ministry of Records in order to collect evidence. This may cause complications.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2020, 12:04:38 am »

Once more does Mion calligraphs an elegant letter into a stone tablet to send to the Arbitrary Arbitrator

Oh most just and upright Arbitrary Arbitrator, whose insight pierces all falsehoods

What is godpaper? I am informed that this is something our department requires.

What are the proper procedures and channels to acquisition new employees and godpaper for the Ministry of Records?

What animals are commonly domesticated in the Garden of Heaven, and in what forms do the mortals pay taxes to the Heavenly Bureaucracy?

Thank you once again for your invaluable guidance in this time of transition

- Diligently yours, Mion, Archivist.

Numbers-Like-Hips-Lieth-Not Zuraga: "If you'll just consult my chart again, Archivist, you'll see the number of Archivists is not particularly different! Here, I'll conjure it again:"
Time-Flieth-Like-A-Banana Hjolmgi: "If I may, Archivist, there be no recorded causes of death for the last few Archivists! Surely thou'd agree the only kennable explanation be suicide fro' all the work we be doing! We reckon 274 millennia will be enough to prevent thy suicide!"
No-Creature-Did-Heaven-Create-More-Comely-Than-The-Humble-Spider Vata: "Fleshies come. Gods die. So what? Upfuturesouthspinwardleftdownstairs wing of bureau complain. Big room. No godpaper. Store employment records. Promise more. But where? Last Archivist? Never said. Just appeared. Poof. Good one though. Got us Greater. No Glory now. Back to Lesser."
"Respectable Bureau Head Time-Flieth-Like-A-Banana. Provide me with an overview of the assigned tasks and workload that require such extreme levels of time dilation and your proposals for reaching these levels of time dilation. I do hope your comments about suicide were not any sort of implied threat against my person Bureau Head Time-Flieth-Like-A-Banana."

"Bureau Head No-Creature-Did-Heaven-Create-More-Comely-Than-The-Humble-Spider, could you summarize some of our current responsibilities or duties we have been neglecting recently and need to catch up on?"
« Last Edit: July 11, 2020, 12:11:47 am by Demonic Spoon »

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2020, 12:18:37 am »

"Respectable Bureau Head Time-Flieth-Like-A-Banana. Provide me with an overview of the assigned tasks and workload that require such extreme levels of time dilation and your proposals for reaching these levels of time dilation."

"Bureau Head No-Creature-Did-Heaven-Create-More-Comely-Than-The-Humble-Spider, could you summarize some of our current responsibilities or duties we have been neglecting recently and need to catch up on?"

Time-Flieth-Like-A-Banana Hjolmgi: "First and foremost, great Archivist, we need to update our records of angelic employment. As angels be shuffled around ofter than an unattended notarized form, we have a wing doing nothing but! Second, patient Archivist, we need to catalog every birth and death in all of Creation until the funny business with the offices in the Underworld be sorted out! Third, wondrous Archivist, we need to produce environmental impact retrospective reports regarding thy most unconventional and yet glorious ascension! I figure the easiest way to finish our work be slowing down time enough. Every turn, thou getst to wax or drop the flow of time by a factor of 10. A season be passing down in the Garden for every day up here now. Please don't send the inspectors after me!"
No-Creature-Did-Heaven-Create-More-Comely-Than-The-Humble-Spider Vata: "What wordy colleague say. But more, Need Glory. Need stop useless tasks. Appeal to responsible. Appeal to Sun. Legalize compression. Council create busywork. Destroy Council."

Bureau Head Numbers-Like-Hips-Lieth-Not could not be reached for comment.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 11, 2020, 12:29:08 am »

What types of tasks am I doing? Are there any ongoing negotiations with other pantheons? Which trades tend to be the most common?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7