Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Hierarchy OOC: Turn 0 (7/7)  (Read 6499 times)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: Hierarchy OOC: Turn 0 (5/7)
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2020, 11:48:28 pm »

Fight! Fight! Fight!
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2020, 01:53:23 am »

Initial signups will be closing in 24 hours

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2020, 08:54:44 am »

Which 2 will be absorbed of no one signs up? I think all of the ones that can be chosen have shown up on the top 3 at least once

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2020, 09:01:45 am »

We also have a 1/2/2 vote split. NG, if not shell, mind voting for the wheel?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2020, 09:08:26 am »

Vote has been changed to Wheel

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2020, 01:13:17 pm »

Yay! Thanks.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2020, 01:14:59 pm »

Yay! Thanks.
You’re welcome. Flatness sounds boring to me

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2020, 02:16:52 pm »

This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2020, 02:41:36 pm »

Yay! Thanks.
You’re welcome. Flatness sounds boring to me

Flat is justice.

A flat personality, with no real surprises.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2020, 04:48:35 pm »

0. What is the shape of the world?
(C) Wheel

1. What are Heaven's lands on the mortal plane called? (write-in)

Gardens. Written as Garden of ____.

2. What is the state of the world under Heaven?
(A) Mostly wilderness but dotted by a few fledgling cities

3. What are the lands outside Heaven's watchful gaze like?
(G) Something else entirely (write-in)

An ever-shifting hellscape of bone and tar, constantly lashed by invasion and catastrophe from even more distant and alien realms.

4. What were the cults of the old gods like before your rebellion?
(D) Indistinguishable from the local government for the most part

5. What about yours?
(A) A widespread but relatively small cult present in many communities but dominant in few
(D) Something in between (write-in, subject to GM rebalancing)

Since the incident the Cult of Knowledge has swelled with former members of the Cult of Wisdom, fragmented with heresy and syncretism, and suffered controversy regarding humanity and ends and means. It is a tumultuous time for those who once dedicated themselves to maintaining libraries and copying scrolls.

6. All of the old gods but the Arbiter were ultimately removed by your collective hands. Which one did you strike down, and how did this affect the world? (write-in, subject to GM rebalancing)

"Thus it was that Azthatha, Goddess of Humanity and Beauty, gutted Tuuik God of Wisdom and Knowledge upon her altar, and so gained immaculate wisdom for what was to come. Deep into her works she delved, forging a great crystal wheel whose meaning could not be known by the unwise. Among these was Tuuok God of Knowledge and Wisdom, who with his grand knowledge divined the workings of this wheel yet not its purpose, and so slew the goddess at her craft. And so without her touch did mortals begin to fray, their bodies and minds and souls wandering down forbidden paths, and forbidden things wandering back up besides. So too did her works sit untouched save by her blood, and all did concern themselves with what glories had been averted or what evils no longer stood opposed, yet none other had wisdom enough to complete or use or comprehend the glory they so coveted..."

7. Which three of the greater ministries would you most like to head in descending order of interest?
(C) Ministry of the Realm
(F) Ministry of Pontifice
(E) Ministry of Civilization

8. Have you been in an accident, incident, or other event that resulted in your death?
(B) No

9. What does time fly like?
(B) A banana

"Only when kicked, usually to trip somebody up, and never with any grace."

8. Synecdoche?
(A) Part for whole

7. Character sheet:
Mortal name: Tuuok
Primary sphere: Knowledge
Secondary sphere: Wisdom
Immediate agenda: Secure position and power, maybe some powerful allies
Description (optional): A humanoid saiga with horns of gold. Usually wears rich decorated silks.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2020, 05:50:46 pm »

Description (optional): A humanoid saiga with horns of gold. Usually wears rich decorated silks.

I think you got the wrong link for humanoid saiga.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2020, 06:12:10 pm »

I think you got the wrong link for humanoid saiga.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Maybe it was correct, a bipedal antelope

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2020, 04:47:45 am »

0. What is the shape of the world?
(F) Pyramidal

1. What are Heaven's lands on the mortal plane called?
The Mortal Protectorate

2. What is the state of the world under Heaven?
(B) A mosaic of city-states with no central authority

3. What are the lands outside Heaven's watchful gaze like?
(F) All of the above
(G) The worse offender being the Abbasid blob

4. What were the cults of the old gods like before your rebellion?
(D) Indistinguishable from the local government for the most part

Individual questions

5. What about yours?
(D) An ancient cult once key to a state's tradition, then near forgotten with my untimely disappearance into the spirit realm

6. All of the old gods but the Arbiter were ultimately removed by your collective hands. Which one did you strike down, and how did this affect the world?
I struck down the Colossal Colossus, who held the Bowl of First Waters from which the original waters are born and flow down on the world below. I closed a door on his greater toe, causing him such pain that he dropped the Bowl on his head, dying from the concussion. The Bowl then spilled its waters on the world, causing a great and devastating flood.

7. Which three of the greater ministries would you most like to head in descending order of interest?
(B) Ministry of Transportation
(F) Ministry of Pontifice
(G) Ministry of Justice

8. Have you been in an accident, incident, or other event that resulted in your death?
(A) Yes, I died once after an encounter with a nasty spirit, causing me to turn into primordial goop.

9. What does time fly like?
(E) A potato rolling on a rocky hill

8. Synecdoche?
(C) The door needs some oil

9. Character sheet:
Mortal name: Du-ur
Primary sphere: Doors
Secondary sphere: Passages
Immediate agenda: Reform the Ministry of Transportation to include more doors
Description: a mighty and ancient masterwork carved slab of obsidian, held by a rectangular frame of marble. It is connected to one side of the frame, allowing it to open and close at will.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2020, 07:55:21 am by Nakéen »

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Hierarchy OOC: Turn 0 (7/7)
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2020, 02:23:21 pm »

Some ministry heads wereOne ministry head was placed with no issues.
  • Tuuok, God of Knowledge and Wisdom, is the new Manager of the Realm. The ministry welcomes this appointment, and it is generally accepted as the intended result of the Ministry of the Realm's meritocratic practices in contrast to...the royal mess that is the other ministries' practices. May his sage guidance bring about a new heroic age!
Replacements for contested positions have been selected by a simple vote from the 21 bureau heads immediately below the ministry heads:
  • The new Marshal is Fas, Goddess of Travel and Love at 62% support from the bureau heads. The selection of a god with a peaceful sphere and no warlike spheres is controversial among the rank-and-file of the Ministry given the other candidate's credentials, but who can contest the veteran angels?
  • Elda, God of Gemstones and Planting, is the new Steward at 52% support from the bureau heads. A razor-thin victory, these positions may well be reshuffled within a week.
  • The Ministry of Pontifice welcomes Ronda, Goddess of Plants and Fungi after another incredibly narrow victory. As with the Marshal, the majority of the ministry vehemently disagrees with this selection given the spheres of the other candidate.
  • The title of Paragon has been assigned to Lu, God of Wildness and Monsters with 57% of the vote. In what is rapidly becoming a tired running gag, most of the ministry thinks the other candidate was more qualified and is unhappy with the bureau heads' choice.

The fabled more-qualified candidates were selected to fill the unhappy remaining ministries:
  • Du-ur, Portal of Doors and Passages, has been proclaimed the new Du-uke of the Garden Under Heaven. Although an incredible 71% of the bureau heads supported, Du-ur, it is widely suspected that this was only for the punny title of the head minister. In any case, the Ministry of Civilization is somewhat relieved it didn't end up with someone with a warlike sphere in charge, and many are even pleased that this appointment may help relieve the ongoing feud with the Ministry of Transportation.
  • Last but certainly not least, the mantle of Archivist falls to Mion, Goddess of Murder and Wealth. We won't belabor you with the details regarding the exact way that the department is unhappy with the state of things, but an opportunistic few see this as a rare chance to underhandedly gain both influence and funding for the department.

(The first turn will be up roughly half a day from now. In the meantime, feel free to use this thread for IC and/or to ask the Arbitrary Arbiter about the state of the world.)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2020, 03:05:49 pm by Kilojoule Proton »

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hierarchy OOC: Turn 0 (7/7)
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2020, 02:46:36 pm »

"Have they never heard the term, 'All is fair in Love and War'? Believe me, I am not unable to fight, nor defend myself. Such is needed when traveling to distant places where law and order is either thin, corrupt, or non-existent. Now that the puns are out of the way, give me the reports on any threats that need dealing with. If you don't have them, go ask for them from who does. There is work to be done, war to be had, people to save and smite alike, and hard love to spread to idiots who do not actually do their paperwork on time."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7