West!
- 1 (14.3%)
Neither.
- 2 (28.6%)
The White.
- 2 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 25

Author Topic: Re: Divine Duel Turn X- Hiatus [1 Tribe Spot open]  (Read 22979 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Divine Duel Turn 16- Age of Growth & Strife
« Reply #285 on: September 25, 2020, 04:07:07 am »

I haven't been seeing Naturegirl around as much now days, and she hasn't posted anything since the 21st.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: September 25, 2020, 08:01:54 am »

I'll give NG till the 28th.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: September 25, 2020, 02:38:12 pm »

Is anyone else willing to run a Gridhood game? This one seems to be reaching the end of its lifespan.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: September 26, 2020, 05:46:49 am »

One person being late to post isn't the end of the world.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: September 26, 2020, 12:08:59 pm »

One person being late to post isn't the end of the world.

That's not what will cause the end of the world. The updates are getting slower and slower; and THAT is what will end the world.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: September 26, 2020, 05:33:40 pm »

All Actions Locked

But for NG who still needs to post. shrug

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: September 29, 2020, 08:02:08 am »

Right, NG is out of time. Anyone want to replace/take control of the tribe? If the former, state tile and do the name/bio.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: October 02, 2020, 03:31:08 pm »

So... Is this game still a thing?

auzewasright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: October 02, 2020, 03:34:04 pm »

I hope so. We can just skip the Spiderlings' turn.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: October 02, 2020, 04:34:12 pm »

Yeah. The fourth is when the signups for Wheel of Time close, then comes a Gridhood Update, then I need to do Dungeon Hollow.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: October 07, 2020, 05:06:43 pm »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: October 07, 2020, 05:43:22 pm »

. It has been an under the weather type of day today. Not helped by yesterday's unplanned(on my end) excursion into the wilds of people walking around without masks on. And waking up at 2:30 in the morning.

Hopefully I'll feel charged by tonight's sleep this time.

Combat ran, numbers assembled, turns run. Research needs to be added but I have everything ready to write.

Combat was a bit intense on some fronts, yet the Spiderlings completely avoided it? Kinda wish they didn't so I'd have reason to kill them off, but they survive another turn for now.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2020, 11:45:59 am by TricMagic »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Divine Duel Turn 17- Counters and the Howls of Sorrow
« Reply #297 on: October 09, 2020, 12:59:28 pm »

Turn 17- Counters and the Howls of Sorrow

Thul Ponders Magical Grass, spreading 1 FP across B4. The energy is quickly whisked away on some sort of current, only managing to start a few fires instead of the actual purpose. However, how did that fire start? One would guess the buildup ended in self-combustion, a good example of what divine power does to the mortal. 3/7
The Growth of this world has led to greater ability in the gods. Thul immediately attempts to Directed Aggression of a creature he created. However, there seems to be a Disconnect between the Divine and Mortal World. Research Failed, Conditions Not Met.
The Zebra Commonwealth can attempt the Research 'Divine Binding'. However it won't progress quickly due to needed tech trees being missing. Likewise, it's research time is long.

Jaanin'Maldaraak Observes the Mountain. It's height is a majesty that attempts to touch the sky.
Jaanin'Maldaraak Ponders, very deeply. Where Thul splits their new focus, Jaanin'Maldaraak Ponders Weather. He draws closer to understanding. The creation of a drought or heat wave is brought about through focus and structure, to add to what is there and manipulate the environment. A subset to his power of creation.
6/8

The West

The Tauri
1 worker prays to Thul. Due to the confluence of these ages, 1 additional FP is gathered. +2 FP.
2 workers forage for food at C3, finding 7 food.
2 workers forage for food at C2, finding 5 food.
2 workers gather 3 wood from C2. Not the a good result, but enough.

Combat Report
C2: The four see combat from 4 Wolves as they gather, but successfully injure one of them and drive them off. However, the battle was far too even, with the wolves working together well against the easy lumbering of the Tauri.
C3: On return, they find a disoriented and injured worker. While they were gone, the Wolves came back, and the injury from last time seemed to have healed. They worked together and managed to down each of the two foragers. The food they gathered is still yours, but your number has been reduced.

Sorrowful Howls are heard from D3. Sub-Event: Howls of Sorrow: Some among your tribe, despite everything, want to help those within the Blenderog Forest. Decide whether to rescue them or leave them to be eaten by the Beasts of Blenderog. You could also choose to wade into the fight yourself to secure prime food, or attempt to forage/gather from it while the Beasts of Blenderog are busy.

Spiderlings
Stagnation

Combat Report
B5: Despite everything, no combat this turn. Apparently the wolves didn't think there was food to be had? An increased nervousness pervades the tribe as they sit and eat their food, none taking lead.

The Zebra Commonwealth
1 Worker prays to Thul. Due to the confluence of these ages, 1 additional FP is gathered. +2 FP
2 Workers forage for food on C7, finding 5 food.
2 Worker researches basic wood working. The conflict of these ages drive you to greater need to innovate. Research doubled. 4/?? Tech falls under Unknown Potential. Research points put into it will be locked from other tribes until needed techs are unlocked.
2 Workers forge for wood on C6, finding 7 wood, a respectable haul.
1 worker is born for 3 food.

Combat Report
C7: The Zebras stalk their prey, a subversion of the expected. As one, they decide, and Strike. 1 wolf killed,(+3 Food from killing a Wolf.) leaders severely injured! Sub Event[: Counters Unexpected: Though a twist of fate, the Zebra Commonwealth has a chance to eliminate the predators of C7 permanently. Currently the Pack stand at 4, two healthy wolves and leaders waiting to be killed in one swoop. But beware those cornered with nowhere to run. Next Turn, you can assign Workers to participate in the Hunt, striking at their base where they are licking their wounds. With luck, you can bring home the meat and RP. Decide how many rounds of combat you are willing to do as well. More rounds means higher chances of death and injury, but more chances to kill the leaders and pack as a whole.

Combat Report at D3
The Beasts of Blederong continue the hunt. While the two leaders of the pack escape unscathed, the rest is slaughtered. Howls of Sorrow and fear echo from the forest. Their death draws near.

The East

Zastarn Bonekin
4 Workers create 2 stone tools.
3 research first aid. The conflict of these ages drive you to greater need to innovate. Research doubled. 7/??
The Oracle Prays to their God, generating 2 FP. Due to the confluence of these ages, 1 additional FP is gathered. +3 FP.

Combat Report
F2: Two Jaguars sneak in and cause chaos among the camp. Tools are taken up, but an injury is still taken by one of the workers. 1 Jaguar is very injured.
Another Jaguar sneaks in and succeeds in killing the injured worker before running off with the body before anyone else could react!
[GM Note: Made a mistake in referring to them as panthers last time. The Jungle Jaguars are black. Your luck was very bad this turn, but it could have been far worse. Just look at the Tauri.]

Swampmen of Uudvurk
3 forage G4, finding 5 food. However, it is getting difficult to find it.
1 worker Prays. Due to the confluence of these ages, 1 additional FP is gathered. [True Faith Threshold not met.] +2 FP
2 workers forage G3, finding 6 food.
1 gathers wood in G3, finding 3 wood. The Woodland is sparse, and more workers needed to gather effectively.

Combat Report
G4: All is peaceful in the Wetlands. Here, at least, the Swampmen of Uudvurk do not have to worry about predators. Alligators continue to munch on fish. No Giant Birds in the sky to be seen. That last bit is still concerning when you think about it.
G3: Two Bobcats were spotted separately, as well as a Black Bear. The latter ignored you, but the former were noted to watch, waiting.

Extradimensionals
2 workers forage at F5 with 2 stone tools, gathering 7 food. It was noted to be easier to make use of their foraging knowledge with them.
4 workers make 2 stone tools.
1 worker prays. Due to the confluence of these ages, 1 additional FP is gathered. +2 FP.
3 workers research Farming. The conflict of these ages drive you to greater need to innovate. Research doubled. 16/??

Combat Report
F6: The White and Black Bears were noted by those heading to the lake.
F5: A White Bear was spotted by the lakeside, but combat was avoided. Everything else is peaceful, the lake calm.

Thul, -1 FP. +4 FP. Due to confluence, spent FP could not be recovered.
Jaanin'Maldaraak, +7 FP

Spoiler: Thul's Tiles (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Thul's Western Tribes (click to show/hide)

Let me know if you spot errors, as always.
Bonekin, you do have a Raid action you can use if you want, though your prey likely isn't an easy target. Kinda interesting to see the Zebras decimate the combat this round though.(Their event falls under Raid as well.)

Hopefully next turn the Spiderlings actually die. As in the dice, rather than death.

This is the 1st Age of Strife, the 1st Age of Growth
The White has coalesced, energy forming and giving life to the world. Except for the wolves caught by The Tauri and The Beasts of Blederong of course.. Particularly the latter, that tile will likely be cleared soon.

As such, all Tribes can now perform Raids against certain targets. If you have Hunting researched, you can also improve your ability to down your foes. Likewise, weapons also help. A case where the West actually has something to help.

Unlike your gathering, battles run off of D100, with bonuses for number present for each side, any techs or weapons, and in the case of the Tauri a bonus against the current foes. However, be warned that the Enemy also have a Trait to help them.

Successfully clearing a tile of all foes will grant you a minimum of 5 Research Points, to be used to advance your growth. Conflict is a potent motivator, and so during this Age, all Research down is boosted by 1 point per worker. The Gods also are now able to Ponder 2 subjects, or a single subject for 2 points of advancement. Additionally, Prayer grants 1 additional FP generated, regardless of how many are praying.

Note that the RP can be gained from clearing a tile at any point, even past the current Age. You can choose to avoid bothering targets instead, and note that for groups going into those tiles. Not all are willing to let you though. And some foes are Fiercely Overwhelming Enemies. Most of these happen to be on the East side, though only the Great Mountain Eagle has been discovered yet. As tiles are created and time passes, more may form. I wish you all luck in survival of the fittest.

As an additional note, FOEs also drop unique resources for crafting, though working them can be another story. For those who have researched Hide/Leather Armor or Bone Crafting(among others), some regular foes will also produce common materials that can be used.

If you have any questions of these rules, I'll clarify them.

As a note RP are not affected by the research boost.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: October 09, 2020, 03:02:14 pm »

Jaanin'Maldaraak
Jaanin'Maldaraak takes note of things, and identified where the ideal place to fill the void was going to be. These reasons would be mysterious until more oracles were introduced to the east.

Jaanin'Maldaraak creates a Prairie tile at H3 (-3fp)
Jaanin'Maldaraak creates a Desert tile at H5 (-3fp)
Jaanin'Maldaraak invokes Tile Detail Observation on: G2
Jaanin'Maldaraak ponders Weather (Ponder Action 1)
Jaanin'Maldaraak ponders Weather (Ponder Action 2)
After figuring out how to do this, the next challenge would be to figure out when it would have the optimal results.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: October 09, 2020, 03:59:52 pm »

Thul, Purity of Avarice
The energy is quickly whisked away on some sort of current, only managing to start a few fires instead of the actual purpose. However, how did that fire start? One would guess the buildup ended in self-combustion, a good example of what divine power does to the mortal.
Thul is quite intrigued by this. Combine it with his current idea to concentrate the energy, turn it into a fungus, and encourage it to spread across the lands his rival was currently blocking him from. From there, a single spark is all it would take.
The idea was useless, of course -- The thought of destroying half of his world was macabre humor. He, barely, conceptualized mutually assured destruction, and was thankful that nothing could possibly go through with such a wasteful notion-

He considered his mortals.

A pit of dread appeared within his divine body of light. It filled his left quadrant, where FP was metabolized.

He gave them a long stare while processing this dread. He'd never felt anything quite like it before, even when his rival appeared.

NEW TABOO: Mortals must NEVER dabble in creating or heavily modifying magical life.

He nodded. That seemed safe enough. He considered methods of enforcement, then thought back to the fires that started this line of thought. It seemed straightforward enough. It would do.

Ponder Magical Grass.
Ponder Magical Grass.

« Last Edit: October 09, 2020, 05:40:21 pm by Nirur Torir »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 25