West!
- 1 (14.3%)
Neither.
- 2 (28.6%)
The White.
- 2 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 25

Author Topic: Re: Divine Duel Turn X- Hiatus [1 Tribe Spot open]  (Read 22998 times)

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Divine Duel Turn 14- Knowledge and Wondering.
« Reply #240 on: September 08, 2020, 08:18:56 pm »

The Extradimensionals
Starting Tile: F6
Trait: Psionic Regeneration
Tribe Total: 10/10
Workers: 10/10
Food: 26

2 workers forage at F7
2 workers forage at F6
1 worker prays
3 workers gather stone at F6
2 workers gather wood at F6

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: September 09, 2020, 04:19:28 am »

The Zebra Commonwealth
2 Workers forge for food on C7.
1 Workers forge for food on C6.
1 Worker prays to Thul.
3 Worker researches better foraging.
1 Worker is born for 3 food.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: September 09, 2020, 10:28:59 am »

The zastarn bonekin begin to hunger again and thusly send forth parties to scavenge for food. 8 workers split into groups of 2 and forage F3,F2,G2, and F1 for food. The remaining two continue their research into basic construction.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Divine Duel Turn 13- Advance and Setback
« Reply #243 on: September 09, 2020, 01:40:00 pm »

Thul, Purity of Avarice
Thul thinks about his rival's decree, and decides that it sounds accurate.
Thul consider his own problems with FP. After a time, he decides that even he won't be able to figure out any of its mysteries by puzzling them out, only by trying.

Ponder Create Magical Grass. Somehow, his followers could create FP, and give it to him directly. Plants could create berries with photosynthesis -- Could he make plants that create and store minuscule amounts of FP over their lives? He knew he would never be able to make plants worship him, and doubted he would be able to extract it himself. But the mortals could -- either His mortals by farming, or His animals. He briefly entertained himself by imagining an entire ecosystem of creatures amassing ever-more scraps of power. It would be easier than direct empowerment, if it worked.

auzewasright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: September 09, 2020, 05:10:24 pm »

Swampmen
A minor problem, time to solve it
3 Swampmen forage food on G4
1 Swampman gathers stone on G5
The 2 injured pray, because they should be able to do that at least
1 Swampman decides to come into mortal existence and get a job, spending 3 food

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: September 09, 2020, 06:36:33 pm »

The Tauri

3 workers scavenge for food at C3
2 workers scavenge for food at B3
2 workers pray to Thul

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: September 09, 2020, 06:43:53 pm »

All players have posted their action!
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: September 09, 2020, 06:48:10 pm »

Actions Locked.

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: September 09, 2020, 09:07:26 pm »

While we wait, here are some statistics for your enjoyment.

The West
Blenderong: 15 workers made 25 food for an average of 1.67 per worker scavenging
Spiderlings: 31 workers made 63; avg 2.03
Zebras: 41 workers, 79 food; avg 1.93
Tauri: 22 workers, 40 food; avg 1.82

Total: 109 workers, 207 food; avg of 1.9 per worker foraging/scavenging

The East
Amazons: 6 workers, 17 food; avg 2.83
Swampmen: 34 workers, 61 food; avg 1.79
Extras: 49 workers, 109 food; avg 2.22
Bonekin: 31 workers, 75 food; avg 2.42

Total: 120 workers made 262 food for an average of 2.18 per worker foraging/scavenging

The East before "foraging" invented:  2.01 average
The East after "foraging" invented: 2.36 average

Overall average in the game: 229 workers made 469 food for an average of 2.04 per worker.

Analysis:
Average food produced per worker is important.  Even a small advantage per turn to one side will build up into a large advantage over many turns.

"Foraging" apparently gives around 20% more food per worker.  This is significant and probably overpowered considering that it only cost 6, doesn't require research into other things to use, and doesn't require gathering of other resources to use.  I'd say this is a significant contributor to the East kicking the West's ass.

Another significant contributor is that the civ that has the highest average food per worker in the West currently has only 4 workers and might go down to 3 next turn.

The game does not look particularly competitive right now.  It's probably hopeless for the West.  I'll continue playing for as long as others want to continue, though.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: September 09, 2020, 09:38:02 pm »

One thing I feel is worthy of note, is that methods of getting food that are better than foraging can be researched. I think the west already has hunting as an option and is in the process of making spears for it. Its yet to be seen just how much productivity this will add once it is optimized.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: September 09, 2020, 09:58:36 pm »

One thing I feel is worthy of note, is that methods of getting food that are better than foraging can be researched. I think the west already has hunting as an option and is in the process of making spears for it. Its yet to be seen just how much productivity this will add once it is optimized.
Here's a perfect example of how things are going for the West.  Thul ponders deer early in the game.  But we can't hunt them.  So research spears.  But we can't make them without wood.  Must research wood gathering to get efficient wood gathering, now.  That's done, now we have to gather wood and make the spears.

Meanwhile, in the East:  research 6 point tech that gives a passive bonus to food gathering.  Smirk at the silly West.

After all this, the amount of food that will be gained will have to be very high for it to have been worth it.  I don't think it will be worth it, but who knows.

Anyway, I'm not trying to complain.  Well, maybe I am a little bit.  Lol.

A game like this is bound to have one side run away with it, sooner or later.  I would have liked to have it be later than this, but what can you do except just go with it?  I'm still having fun.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Divine Duel Turn 15- First Steps Begun
« Reply #251 on: September 11, 2020, 02:46:06 pm »

Turn 15- First Steps Begun

Thul Ponders the creation of Magical Grasses, plants with fragments of power within them. Unlike his followers, grass is many, and will recover even if he fails. This means he can more easily succeed. And in time, it may return a profit. 1/?

Jaanin'Maldaraak Observes. His gaze turns to the Jungle, watching the Bonekin.
Jaanin'Maldaraak Ponders Weather. The few clouds form seemingly from the white, but waters also evaporate. As does water form as part of tiles and Their own power which brought them into creation. However, what would happen if the world was filled? Perhaps weather would form naturally with no more places for it to escape to.
3/?

The West

The Tauri
3 workers scavenge for food at C3, finding 4 food.
2 workers scavenge for food at B3, finding 3 food.
2 workers pray to Thul. +2 FP

Spiderlings
2 workers scavenge for food in B5, finding 4 food.
2 look for wood in B5, finding 1. For whatever reaseon, finding wood through scavenging isn't very useful, particularly when you've already checked recently.

The Zebra Commonwealth
2 Workers scaenge for food on C7, finding 4 food.
1 Workers forge for food on C6, finding 2 food.
1 Worker prays to Thul. +1 FP.
3 Workers research Foraging, completing the tech. 6/6

The East

Zastarn Bonekin
2 Workers Forage F3, finding 5 food.
2 Workers Forage finding 7 food. 1 is injured in the process when they take a bad fall.
2 Workers Forage G2, fidning 5 food.
2 Workers Forage F1, finding 5 food.
2 Workers contine research into Basic Construction.

Swampmen of Uudvurk
The 2 injured recuperate, unable to do any work so long as they are injured. You won't get work out of the injured or sick. Of any type no matter the devotion.
1 worker remians behind to pray to their god. +1 FP.
2 workers forage G4, finding 6 food.
1 worker gathers stone in G5, collecting 3.
A new worker is born into the tribe for 3 food.

Extradimensionals
2 workers forage at F7, finding 5 food.
2 workers forage at F6, finding 4 food.
1 worker prays. +1 FP.
3 workers gather stone at F6, collecting 5.
2 workers gather wood at F6, collecting 6.

Thul, +3 FP
Jaanin'Maldaraak, +2 FP

Spoiler: Thul's Tiles (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Thul's Western Tribes (click to show/hide)

Let me know if you spot errors, as always.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: September 11, 2020, 04:07:53 pm »

Jaanin'Maldaraak

Jaanin'Maldaraak noted what kind of resources were going to be essential to the economy of the east; and also that not all of the tribes had an optimal means of getting these resources. This was one of the reasons why an adjacent tile was left empty next to each of the tribes; and it was now time to add the final adjacent tile to the three tribes. In order for future tiles to be utilized, they would need to invent a better means of transportation.

Soon a new era would come upon this world...

Jaanin'Maldaraak creates a Crag tile at E2 (-3FP)
Jaanin'Maldaraak creates a Woodland tile at G3 (-3FP)
Jaanin'Maldaraak creates a Jungle tile at E6 (-3FP)
Jaanin'Maldaraak invokes Tile Detail Observation on: H3
Jaanin'Maldaraak ponders Weather
If clouds could come from the white void, then perhaps the void was not quite as empty as it appeared. Jaanin'Maldaraak would stare into the void to see if anything stared back!

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: September 11, 2020, 04:20:32 pm »

The Zastarn Bonekin begin to use their intelligence to further facilitate their sustainance: 2 of them forage for suitable stones in g2, 2 forage for wood in f2, and 4 forage f3 for food.
The remaining two stay and home and attempt to figure out how to heal injuries that occur during work so they can remain working on the following turn (first aid.) They also spend 5 food to raise an oracle, eager to see what comes of their new arrival.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2020, 04:26:52 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: September 11, 2020, 05:40:16 pm »

The Extradimensionals
Starting Tile: F6
Trait: Psionic Regeneration
Tribe Total: 10/10
Workers: 10/10
Food: 25
Wood: 6