Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How To Make Humans Out of Adamantine?  (Read 1147 times)

rico6822

• Bay Watcher
  • Constantly fails to become elephant man.
    • View Profile
How To Make Humans Out of Adamantine?
« on: July 04, 2020, 10:18:37 pm »

I do consider myself a dabbling modder. I would like to create my own alternate versions of them. How to turn every single one of they're physical features into adamantine?

I also have a couple of other questions:

I set they're DIFFICULTY token to 10 and it seems like they don't level up too fast. Does it really make it?

How do dragons are immune to both regular flames and dragonfire and my humans are only immune to dragonfire itself due to FIREIMMUNE_SUPER token?

What makes my humans immune to "absolute zero" temperature? In testing they are clearly immune to it. Is it connected to FIREIMMUNE_SUPER?

How do I make my humans have no blood in them without NOT_LIVING token? I already gave them NOFEAR. NOT_LIVING develops "bizzare relationships" and I want to ally with dwarves. If there is no other way what should I do?

I gave them FLIER without a specified body part for flying and I don't know how to disable flying. How can I make them safely Jog again or can I make them fly faster? Also: I don't want them to have a specified body part for flying.

What is the best HOMEOTHERM value I can set and why?

SWIMS_INNATE does not make them swim very fast (in fact below 0.3). How do 5000 points in agility and other stats contribute to this token?

Can someone give me a ready code for raising corpses and other necromancy spells?

How can I turn spits of my humans into "one-shot-kills"?

How can I give them dragonfire skill?

How can I modify they're jumps so they can leap like Jumping Spider Men?

Are there any other FUN abilities I could grant them?

Does reducing ATTACK_PREPARE_AND_RECOVER truly do anything? I set them all to 1.

What should be they're body size?

Are there any other ways I can buff them? I already gave them biological immortality, instant adulthood and several immunities, like NOSTUN.
Does anybody know how to become an elephant man in adventure mode? I literally did all advanced world settings possible to increase chances.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
Re: How To Make Humans Out of Adamantine?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2020, 02:10:32 am »

I think you can set every tissue to adamantine by using
Code: [Select]
[SELECT_TISSUE_LAYER:ALL:BY_CATEGORY:ALL]
[TISSUE_MATERIAL:INORGANIC:ADAMANTINE]
but I'm not certain if you can select all tissues this way, you might need to select them one at a time.
An easier method would be to remove the [USE_BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_TISSUES] and use
[TISSUE:ADAMANTINE]
[TISSUE_NAME:bronze:bronze]
[MUSCULAR]
[FUNCTIONAL]
[STRUCTURAL]
[RELATIVE_THICKNESS:1]
[CONNECTS]
[TISSUE_SHAPE:LAYER]
[TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:ADAMANTINE]
But this will remove the other nuances of individual tissues; they will all just be a single adamantine tissue.

FIREIMMUNE and FIREIMMUNE_SUPER tags do not protect materials from temperature effects, they just prevent you from being automatically ignited by fireballs, firejets, magma, and in the latter case, dragonfire.  Other temperature effects are caused by HEATDAM_POINT, COLDDAM_POINT, MELTING_POINT, BOILING_POINT, and IGNITE_POINT.  You can set these in the creature variation using the same method dragons use (at the end of their raws).  Although if you make them out of adamantine it won't matter, as adamantine is already immune to temperature effects.

NOT_LIVING has nothing to do with blood and will not prevent relationships with dwarves, it just makes zombies not hostile to them, and will also prevent them from being zombified if they die.  To make a creature not have blood, you just remove the [BLOOD:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:BLOOD:LIQUID] token.

Creatures that can fly will always fly, I don't think there is a way to stop this.

I don't know what you mean by "best" HOMEOTHERM, it depends on what temperatures the creature's materials can survive.  One notable thing is that if you make it very high or very low, your creature will burn or freeze nearby creatures.  Be careful setting it too low, as it may flash-freeze itself if it steps in water.

SWIMS_INNATE has nothing to do with swim speed, it just means they will never flounder due to low swimming skill.  Swimming gaits are used to control base swimming speed.

You can make humans spit bullets by replacing [CDI:MATERIAL:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:SPIT:LIQUID_GLOB] with [CDI:MATERIAL:INORGANIC:STEEL:SOLID_GLOB].  (Or liquid glob, which will cause them to spit molten steel, or whatever material you prefer.)

Dragonfire is found in dragons, just copy and paste the firebreath interaction.

Jumping cannot be modified, apart from disabling it.  Jumping spider men are not actually better at jumping than any other creature.

ATTACK_PREPARE_AND_RECOVER rates are indeed important, they affect the number of ticks it takes to use an attack.  You might not notice because the game "skips" any turns that you can't do anything, but you'll get countered a lot less frequently if your attacks are faster.

You can find an example necromancy ability, and other example abilities, on the wiki.

You can make body size however big you want, it depends on how overpowered you want them to be.  However, there is an upper limit to size, which is not quite known, but if you make creatures bigger than a giant sperm whale you might see attacks behave weirdly.

rico6822

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2020, 02:43:39 am »

but I'm not certain if you can select all tissues this way, you might need to select them one at a time.
An easier method would be to remove the [USE_BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_TISSUES] and use
[MUSCULAR]
[FUNCTIONAL]
[STRUCTURAL]
[CONNECTS]
But this will remove the other nuances of individual tissues; they will all just be a single adamantine tissue.

FIREIMMUNE and FIREIMMUNE_SUPER tags do not protect materials from temperature effects, they just prevent you from being automatically ignited by fireballs, firejets, magma, and in the latter case, dragonfire.  Other temperature effects are caused by HEATDAM_POINT, COLDDAM_POINT, MELTING_POINT, BOILING_POINT, and IGNITE_POINT.  You can set these in the creature variation using the same method dragons use (at the end of their raws).  Although if you make them out of adamantine it won't matter, as adamantine is already immune to temperature effects.

NOT_LIVING has nothing to do with blood and will not prevent relationships with dwarves, it just makes zombies not hostile to them, and will also prevent them from being zombified if they die.  To make a creature not have blood, you just remove the [BLOOD:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:BLOOD:LIQUID] token.

Creatures that can fly will always fly, I don't think there is a way to stop this.

I don't know what you mean by "best" HOMEOTHERM, it depends on what temperatures the creature's materials can survive.  One notable thing is that if you make it very high or very low, your creature will burn or freeze nearby creatures.  Be careful setting it too low, as it may flash-freeze itself if it steps in water.

SWIMS_INNATE has nothing to do with swim speed, it just means they will never flounder due to low swimming skill.  Swimming gaits are used to control base swimming speed.

You can make humans spit bullets by replacing [CDI:MATERIAL:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:SPIT:LIQUID_GLOB] with [CDI:MATERIAL:INORGANIC:STEEL:SOLID_GLOB].  (Or liquid glob, which will cause them to spit molten steel, or whatever material you prefer.)

Jumping cannot be modified, apart from disabling it.  Jumping spider men are not actually better at jumping than any other creature.

ATTACK_PREPARE_AND_RECOVER rates are indeed important, they affect the number of ticks it takes to use an attack.  You might not notice because the game "skips" any turns that you can't do anything, but you'll get countered a lot less frequently if your attacks are faster.

You can find an example necromancy ability, and other example abilities, on the wiki.

You can make body size however big you want, it depends on how overpowered you want them to be.  However, there is an upper limit to size, which is not quite known, but if you make creatures bigger than a giant sperm whale you might see attacks behave weirdly.

Yes, thank you. You had helped me a lot.

I only have one more trouble left: I can't make my humans make webs like spiders do.
Does anybody know how to become an elephant man in adventure mode? I literally did all advanced world settings possible to increase chances.

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2020, 11:02:22 pm »

[MUSCULAR]
[FUNCTIONAL]
[STRUCTURAL]
[CONNECTS]

I only have one more trouble left: I can't make my humans make webs like spiders do.
If you copy interaction from giant cave spider, your humans will spray webs. Will you make them immune to webs or you want to make them suicidal?

rico6822

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2020, 11:31:31 pm »

[MUSCULAR]
[FUNCTIONAL]
[STRUCTURAL]
[CONNECTS]

If you copy interaction from giant cave spider, your humans will spray webs. Will you make them immune to webs or you want to make them suicidal?

Spray webs.

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2020, 03:47:38 am »

Why you don't want to add humans a lot of arms? Will be useful for adventures.

Spray webs code
[THICKWEB][WEBIMMUNE]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:SILK:SILK_TEMPLATE]
[WEBBER:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:SILK]
[CAN_DO_INTERACTION:MATERIAL_EMISSION]
[CDI:ADV_NAME:Spray web]
[CDI:USAGE_HINT:ATTACK]
[CDI:BP_REQUIRED:BY_TOKEN:LB]
[CDI:MATERIAL:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:SILK:WEB_SPRAY]
[CDI:TARGET:C:LINE_OF_SIGHT]
[CDI:TARGET_RANGE:C:5]
[CDI:MAX_TARGET_NUMBER:C:1]
[CDI:WAIT_PERIOD:30]
If you don't add WEBIMMUNE, your humans will capture themselves. If don't add THICKWEB, your humans will cannot capture non-vermin creatures.

rico6822

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2020, 01:20:41 pm »

Why you don't want to add humans a lot of arms? Will be useful for adventures.

Spray webs code
[THICKWEB][WEBIMMUNE]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:SILK:SILK_TEMPLATE]
[WEBBER:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:SILK]
[CAN_DO_INTERACTION:MATERIAL_EMISSION]
[CDI:ADV_NAME:Spray web]
[CDI:USAGE_HINT:ATTACK]
[CDI:BP_REQUIRED:BY_TOKEN:LB]
[CDI:MATERIAL:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:SILK:WEB_SPRAY]
[CDI:TARGET:C:LINE_OF_SIGHT]
[CDI:TARGET_RANGE:C:5]
[CDI:MAX_TARGET_NUMBER:C:1]
[CDI:WAIT_PERIOD:30]
If you don't add WEBIMMUNE, your humans will capture themselves. If don't add THICKWEB, your humans will cannot capture non-vermin creatures.
Thanks.