Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Arcane Mechsuit Testing - Gratuitous Explosions  (Read 7361 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arcane Mechsuit Testing - 6/6
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2020, 03:15:17 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2020, 04:18:41 pm »

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2020, 04:27:56 pm »

There's nothing stopping you just grabbing it and leaving though.
Can we do that without a hand?
Can we even attach a module without a hand?
You can't grab and carry a module without some module capable of holding onto something. Like a hand.

You can jam it into the appropriate socket without hands, just not while someone's attacking you.
One wheel short of a wagon

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2020, 04:47:25 pm »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
Re: Arcane Mechsuit Testing - 0/6
« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2020, 05:17:11 pm »

« Last Edit: July 03, 2020, 06:02:24 pm by Egan_BW »

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2020, 07:31:43 pm »

Toss me on the waitlist too I guess this is really cool. Feels sorta Perplexicon esque regards to hidden information. Will probably add a sheet to this post later.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Questorhank

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll find something to put here... eventually
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2020, 10:50:16 pm »

Spoiler: Philip (click to show/hide)
RTD Graveyard
Many people have gone missing or died.
I don't remember their names.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2020, 05:38:11 pm »

Spoiler: stuff (click to show/hide)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2020, 11:20:27 am »

Spoiler: Waitlist me please (click to show/hide)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2020, 07:17:57 pm »

You lob a magma globule into the advancing cloud of poison gas from a safe distance, and watch the heat and fumes from the molten rock drive away the green gas, to create a circle of safety a few metres wide. The circle is shrinking as the globule quickly cools. More magma (lava? are you underground? No way to tell) would probably have a longer lasting impact.

Your crossbow turns into a toxic gas tank and flexible nozzle.

Nobody attacks you, or acknowledges your existence, so it's back to moving around with the miniguns.

Your lower half is now the default mech legs. Your right arm turns into a wall generator and your left turns into a thick, hairy spider limb. Hey, look who keeps getting the spider modules!

You use the wall generator to create a short ramp up to a small platform attached to the wall, taking several charges. At least you're above the toxic gas now. Can't fire anything, although you now have a very small angle over the wall near where the four people actually fighting are.

Bloodaxe creates several walls beneath him, immediately draining his single charge. The huge white walls erupt from the ground and then from one another, lifting him into the air. He continues to trail poison gas down on everyone, now pouring it directly into the walled space he created.

Inmate 7025144 is not escaped so easily. Pausing only to fire a globule of magma at the cloud of propane gas, he activates his anti-gravity module and jet to fly leisurely up to Bloodaxe's level, almost draining his charges. He rotates until his jet points straight at his target, and flies towards them, stake driver primed.

2+1 vs 4-3

7025144 manages to slam the spike into his target's core, narrowly missing the vital organs and damaging the complex electronics within, before retracting it along with a not insignificant amount of circuitry.

He also ends up perched on the stack of walls with Bloodaxe, with only one charge left - enough to either use the anti-gravity generator or fire a jet, but not both.

Spoiler: stuff (click to show/hide)
Firstly, Treb's suction cup turns into a giant cannon filled with shards of glowing blue crystal, but that's not important right now.

All of Nyoom's limbs turn into acid glands, and she begins to spray hydrochloric acid everywhere, staying in the centre of the rapidly growing cloud of propane.

Covering yourself and your surroundings with strong acid is an indifferent idea at the best of times. It is probably not a good idea when surrounded with propane. Neutralisation reactions being usually exothermic. And alkenes generally reacting with acids to produce pretty flammable stuff themselves, like hydrogen. I think. It's been a while since I did any chemistry

Oh well. The exact science doesn't matter because a large globule of magma enters the equation, and everything explodes. Into fire and poison and acid.

Firstly, Nyoom can't duck away from the explosion, because a) she has no leg modules, and b) she's at the centre of it. Her core takes some damage, and she loses two modules, two others taking some damage.

Treb is smart enough to stay out of the cloud of propane, and outside of prime acid range. He is still firing streams of highly flammable gas into a ball of fire though, so there might be an issue there.

1 v 3

Unluckily for Treb, he's firing a stream of propane gas at the precise moment the explosion occurs, and a line of flame appears between him and Nyoom. His propane tank holds, but a half-second of wild flailing with the limb ensues as he notices that it has been turned into an extremely overpowered and unreliable flamethrower before instinctively turning it off. This flailing immolates one of his giant kangaroo legs, the module detaching and reverting to default.

Nyoom doesn't take any damage from the descending poison clouds, as the gases around him are rapidly expanding as they explode, temporarily pushing it away. Treb is granted a brief respite for similar reasons, but very soon the two of them will be immersed in poison gas.

Spoiler: map (click to show/hide)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arcane Mechsuit Testing - Gratuitous Explosions
« Reply #40 on: July 06, 2020, 07:49:49 pm »

Can I get a character sheet indicating damage?  Or is it just one detached module and no core damage?
« Last Edit: July 06, 2020, 07:54:01 pm by Devastator »

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 06, 2020, 07:54:06 pm »

Can I get a character sheet indicating damage?

See the OP. I think I forgot to mention that, but all the necessary info should be there.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 07, 2020, 07:46:30 am »

Questorhank

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll find something to put here... eventually
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 07, 2020, 08:16:52 am »

RTD Graveyard
Many people have gone missing or died.
I don't remember their names.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 07, 2020, 08:33:42 am »

Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4