Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 241 242 [243] 244 245 ... 255

Author Topic: What Am I  (Read 171402 times)

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What Am I
« Reply #3630 on: March 08, 2021, 01:50:40 am »

Cool that passive aggression, I didn’t mean anything mean when I asked that question. It just seemed to make sense to me that European countries, which tend to be more health conscious than the americas, would have a market that preferred smaller bottles of soda. I thought I discovered a cool little cultural detail and I wanted to confirm it.

In Canada and what I’ve seen of America, we tend to sell either the big 2L bottles for parties, or small hand sized bottles for individuals. Sometimes, I would see even smaller bottles for when they really wanted to rip off a customer, but I’ve never seen a true medium between the two for sale here, at least not for soda.

Maybe they had one at a specialty shop I never went to, but my point is that here in Canada, the 2L soda bottle is the iconic norm, but that isn’t the case in Europe based off of what I remember of it.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3631 on: March 08, 2021, 02:39:30 am »

In the US, 2 liter is the norm, ironically, as the only thing they commonly use metric for. I've never seen a half gallon soda.

I've seen 1 liter plenty of times in India, but never in the US.

In any case, since the 2 liter of mountain dew has been guessed, it's time for another round.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3632 on: March 08, 2021, 02:54:24 am »

When I was in the US I saw 1 liter bottles in gas stations and rarely in supermarkets but they were all most always ether Dr. Pepper or Pepsi.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3633 on: March 08, 2021, 03:15:42 am »

Cool that passive aggression, I didn’t mean anything mean when I asked that question. It just seemed to make sense to me that European countries, which tend to be more health conscious than the americas, would have a market that preferred smaller bottles of soda. I thought I discovered a cool little cultural detail and I wanted to confirm it.

In Canada and what I’ve seen of America, we tend to sell either the big 2L bottles for parties, or small hand sized bottles for individuals. Sometimes, I would see even smaller bottles for when they really wanted to rip off a customer, but I’ve never seen a true medium between the two for sale here, at least not for soda.

Maybe they had one at a specialty shop I never went to, but my point is that here in Canada, the 2L soda bottle is the iconic norm, but that isn’t the case in Europe based off of what I remember of it.

Where I come from they have 2 liter bottles of Mountain Dew, 1.5 liter ones (though I’ve only seen them at one store), 1 liter ones (which only some grocery stores seem to have, but most convenience stores do), and of course, 20 oz. bottles.

The 1 liter bottles and the 20 oz. bottles are almost the same price.  So close, in fact, that it makes no economic sense to buy the 20 oz.

When I was in the US I saw 1 liter bottles in gas stations and rarely in supermarkets but they were all most always ether Dr. Pepper or Pepsi.

Pepsi and Mountain Dew are owned by the same company.
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3634 on: March 08, 2021, 04:10:06 am »

Pepsi and Mountain Dew are owned by the same company.
But I never saw Mountain Dew in the 1 Liter bottle.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3635 on: March 08, 2021, 04:27:23 am »

Well, enough derailing.

Let’s let heydude6 come up with a “thing” for us to guess.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3636 on: March 08, 2021, 11:15:20 am »

Actually, I have pretty busy week right now. I’d only be able to write a reply about once a day (right before I go to bed specifically). I’d rather have someone more available do it, so the game doesn’t go too slowly.

Would you like to do it King Zultan?
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3637 on: March 09, 2021, 01:37:20 am »

Yes.

Spoiler: secret thing to guess (click to show/hide)

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3638 on: March 09, 2021, 02:24:23 am »

Is it tangible?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3639 on: March 09, 2021, 02:30:04 am »

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3640 on: March 09, 2021, 03:01:17 am »

Is it solid at STP?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3641 on: March 09, 2021, 03:18:20 am »

Yes

Foxite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3642 on: March 09, 2021, 04:07:15 am »

Is it edible?
The best way to demonstrate it to him is take a save of 40 year old fortress with 150 dwarves in it on a good sized embark with a volcano that just breached the circus and install it on his gaming rig and watch it bring his rig to its knees.

coalboat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3643 on: March 09, 2021, 10:05:28 am »

Is it brewable?

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3644 on: March 09, 2021, 03:12:35 pm »

Will it fit in a 1 m3 cube?
Pages: 1 ... 241 242 [243] 244 245 ... 255