Headshoots Lunar Facility
- 2 (66.7%)
Hellcannon Gardens
- 1 (33.3%)
Bay12’s Jurassic Park.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 30

Author Topic: The Bay 12 Zoos:Let's Play Zoo Tycoon, Zoo Tycoon 2, and JPOG  (Read 65281 times)

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: The Bay 12 Zoos:Let's Play Zoo Tycoon 2
« Reply #270 on: August 12, 2020, 08:13:41 pm »

Spirits of the Ice Forest

December-February, Year Three & Four

We still have some mastodon fossils to find, so we'll take care of that before we build the exhibit. Gives us time to earn the necessary money for the high security fencing anyway.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The donation crisis seems to be officially over. We'll need to keep an eye out for future problems like that. Our donations still aren't close to our record numbers, but they're climbing quickly and there's enough to turn a profit.

By February, we had the fossils we needed and were looking for a place to put the enclosure. Our architecture makes it difficult to place the exhibit in a decent location, so we used a new strategy to work around it. We've built our first elevated path.

For the moment, it allows guests to get a better vantage point on the exhibits below and bridges the divide into the unused section of the swamp. I look forward to seeing what else you all want to put up there, we have a lot of freedom for building on elevated paths. (With the notable exception of exhibits. Those have to be on the ground.)

We won the challenge to retain two extra educators and received a baby whale shark in return. I put her with the marlins, and the biome difference didn't bother her much.

By this point, we've trained our dolphins and pilot whale enough that our marine show is finally open.

On the far end of the elevated path, the American mastodon and woolly rhino have been officially brought back from extinction.

As a side effect, we now have a large boreal forest exhibit we can add to later.

While we were waiting for the lab to reset for the rhino after cloning the mastodon, we added a restaurant, gift shop, and binoculars to the elevated path to encourage guests to go up there.

Three final notes for today. We're going to need a lot more room if we're going to get as many species as possible into the crocodile swamp, so we've extended it significantly.

May need to make it even bigger later, depending on how many species we add. Deinosuchus will be the next addition, after we locate the last few fossils. Only 10 of those left to find.

We've been offered a challenge to breed our Masai giraffes within four months to receive a free pair of white rhinos. That should be easy to do, so we can expect to have normal rhinoceroses soon in addition to the woolly variety.

Lastly, moving the peafowl to the grassland area has left an opening for a new small or medium sized animal. Don't worry about biome, that's extremely easy to change.

De-extinction.

Spoiler: Zoo map (click to show/hide)
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: August 12, 2020, 09:38:57 pm »

Maybe add a giraffe slide to the aerial path for even more altitude?

I feel the mastodons and wooly rhinos should have a geyser in their space, or at least close by.

lukerules117

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: August 12, 2020, 09:50:04 pm »

Benches on the elevated path, our guests shall never complain about being tired ever again regardless of their poor stamina and decision making abilities, on a less important note lets get some vampire beasts or something in our empty exhibit

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: August 13, 2020, 07:12:11 am »

What about elevated paths on elevated paths!

Also we need weasels, I don't know if the game has any but we need them for their weaselyness.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: August 13, 2020, 08:10:29 am »

I remember seeing wolverines on the animal list, they're part of the weasel family.

Checking first post . . . sea otters are, too.

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: August 13, 2020, 09:33:38 am »

Honey badgers are also weasels. Meerkats are weasely too, though they are not weasels. So much too choose from.

lukerules117

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: August 13, 2020, 01:12:53 pm »

Sea otters are both weasels and weasely as opposed to being weasely non-weasels such as meerkats, or being non-weasely weasels like honey badgers and wolverines.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: August 13, 2020, 09:02:11 pm »

Donation Crisis 2

February-May, Year Four

Our fossil collection is finally complete! We can now produce any of the available prehistoric animals on demand. We'll also save $1,000 a month, since we don't need to pay our paleontologists anymore.

We've also made the requested additions to the elevated path.

On a less positive note, the donation crisis is back with a vengeance and we're poised to be trapped in a debt loop if we don't solve it immediately.

Looking through the minds of our guests, it seems like the problem is benches again, in addition to not having enough restrooms. If we're careful, we should be able to buy enough of these to resolve the issue before our bills and salaries come due at the end of March.

The adjustments seem to have improved the situation. We're still not doing as well as our peak, but we were able to reach May with about $2,500 left in the bank after expenses. Sorry for the lack of major improvements this update, but the new emergency had to be resolved.

A new friend for our T. rex.

My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

lukerules117

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: August 13, 2020, 10:50:51 pm »

>it seems like the problem is benches again

I told you the wrath of the benches would return! I say we strengthen our effort to crush any rebellious discontent that remains!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: August 14, 2020, 03:06:39 am »

The only way to stop the bench crisis is to pave the world with them, we need so many of them that you can't walk without running into one, and you know what lets kill two birds with one bench and instead of benches lets just pave the world with toilets so if you need to sit you can sit and if you need to shit you can shit all in one convenient place.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: August 14, 2020, 08:29:19 pm »

Sorry, no update today. I had some things going on and not enough time to play Zoo Tycoon.
My mods and forum games.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: August 15, 2020, 11:27:10 pm »

The Alligator, the Vampire, and the Dolphin

May-July, Year Four

We've added benches and restrooms all over the zoo to hopefully ensure that this particular donation issue goes away and never returns. We also bought a geyser for the woolly rhino/mastodon exhibit, as Mightymushroom requested. The rhino didn't like it inside the cage, so we've put it just outside.

Speaking of those animals, both have reached maturity. The rhino is a super animal, boosting its size relative to the normal mastodon.

Through our cloning lab, we've introduced a new species to the crocodilian tour. Please welcome our new baby Deinosuchus!

There's no limit to the number of tasks you can do simultaneously while doing chores yourself, so here's a picture of us Fantasia-ing a bunch of crocodile poop.

We were then saving money to buy the vampire beast that Luke requested when we were interrupted by a report of trouble at the coastal tank. Turns out one of our bottlenose dolphins killed and ate the manatees' baby.

Even carrying around a chunk of baby chum, they still look cute. We'll need to build a new exhibit for the manatees, and quickly. Both to save money and for variety, we didn't put them in a tank this time. Instead, our manatees now live in a natural-looking pool between the Tyrannosaurus exhibit and the show tank.

We succeeded at breeding our Masai giraffes and won a pair of white rhinos for the savanna area.

In hopes of compensating for our lowered donation income, we've started using the extra free time granted by not having to hunt for fossils anymore to personally train Bottlenose Dolphin 3.

Getting the white rhinos got us an award for officially having 10 African species and unlocked a cosmetic upgrade for the jeeps. The crocodile ride is now sitting at 4.5 stars.

Another award was won for recording our 1000th visitor.

Another zoo asked to buy one of our many Cuban crocodiles.

We agreed, and the money allowed us to finish June by getting a vampire beast to haunt the peafowl's old exhibit.

The killer at rest.

(Hey, just wanted to say, let me know if you'd like to check up on any of our old animals. I generally choose these pictures based on which animal sounds interesting to me at the moment.)

« Last Edit: August 15, 2020, 11:29:21 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: August 16, 2020, 03:25:13 am »

We should have one of those how's everybody doing episodes.

Also I think we should get some more exotic stuff such as more cryptids, I don't know what the game has so just anything that sounds weird that people would pay loads of money to see.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: August 16, 2020, 06:02:22 am »

Loving the new manatee pool.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: August 16, 2020, 09:01:51 pm »

To King Zultan, did you literally want more cryptids, or just more exotic animals to boost our profits? We can do cryptids, but if we're going for profit the best option would be to use the lab to generate 4 star prehistoric animals. That would save us tens of thousands of dollars for superior benefits.

Also, we've suddenly developed a crashing problem. It seems to happen when I enter 1st person mode, but that could be a coincidence. If I can't fix it, we might have to revert the save to the backup from last Wednesday, just before the debt crisis.

Revisiting the collection.

July, Year Four

Per Zultan's suggestion, we'll spend today checking up on all the animals in the zoo.

Let's start off with the wetlands exhibit. The African buffaloes are carrying on as they always have, while the flamingo population is down to two individuals. It's a bit hard to keep them alive, since they have extremely short lifespans and replacing them requires going through the animal randomizer.  We've got flamingos on offer at the moment though, so we'll replenish the group as soon as we have enough money. We're currently in debt from buying the vampire beast, but it should be resolved very soon.

The dwarf crocodiles are now down to four individuals, significantly more manageable than their pre-donation crisis numbers.

Our rainforest exhibit contains two families of bongos and dodos. The dodos have gradually become the more common animal. This exhibit, the Cuban crocodile area, the savanna, and the T.rex are responsible for most of the "dirty exhibit" alerts around the zoo due to all the poop they produce.

Our savanna enclosure is a busy place, inhabited by numerous species. The giraffes are surprisingly numerous here.

Our grassland is fine for now, but will require attention later. The bluebucks and peafowl are easy to replace when necessary, but our original two unicorns have died. They left three children behind, but we'll need to provide at least one mate if we want to keep the herd.

There's wasn't much to say about the vampire beast, since he was brand new.

Our dolphins and pilot whale spend most of their time on training or performing, but also have time to rest in between. The show isn't very popular or profitable, however, and their trainer is very inefficient. We'll probably have to teach them manually to make it worthwhile.

Our whale shark is doing well, but the blue marlins are down to one individual. We'll need to get a refill, whenever marlins are available again.

Our woolly rhino and mastodon are both happy, but the mastodon has been bored and lonely.

To make him feel better, we made him a friend.

I normally don't like doing pools instead of tanks, but I think it suits our manatees.

Despite its name, the killer penguin continues to exist peacefully in its enclosure.

Like the killer penguin, our tyrannosaurs have a largely uneventful life outside of eating tons of meat.

Construction continues on our massive crocodilian swamp. Plenty of species left to go, but the ride is popular. The Cuban crocodiles in particular have reproduced into a massive swarm.

Our basic information tab.

My mods and forum games.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 30