Headshoots Lunar Facility
- 2 (66.7%)
Hellcannon Gardens
- 1 (33.3%)
Bay12’s Jurassic Park.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 30

Author Topic: The Bay 12 Zoos:Let's Play Zoo Tycoon, Zoo Tycoon 2, and JPOG  (Read 65279 times)

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Bay 12 builds a zoo:Let's Play Zoo Tycoon
« Reply #60 on: June 24, 2020, 04:11:01 pm »

Our first priority should be placing a proper volcano! Maybe near the center of the park next to the mountain lion exhibit?

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 24, 2020, 04:15:22 pm »

One volcano is smaller, but has more lava. The other is bigger, but the lava is less visible. Which do you like better?

Also, while we’re on the topic, I can add arches of volcanic rock with a bit of exposed lava for guests to walk under.

*They’re both building-sized, just to be clear.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2020, 04:26:11 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 24, 2020, 04:33:14 pm »

More lava is better.

Also, whenever we get a DRT helicopter, it must be crewed by Angelo and Diablo.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 24, 2020, 05:19:55 pm »

Well, it appears I've underestimated our ability to build and fund new things.

Also, whenever we get a DRT helicopter, it must be crewed by Angelo and Diablo.
+1 to this

Also, can we get a list of what habitats we have right now and what animals can live in each?
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 24, 2020, 05:29:11 pm »

The animals and their habitats are listed on the OP. If you mean what exhibits we have open now, we have two savanna exhibits, one grassland, and a tundra. We also have a small highland exhibit, but that one has the mountain lion in it.

*I wouldn’t expect any new animals to fit in the existing grassland exhibit. The sloths wanted a good amount of snow and stone in their cage. I think the safest bets for adding more animals to a multispecies exhibit would be wildebeests, baboons, and ostriches. One or the other savanna exhibits should fit them. We could also probably add elephants to one of those.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2020, 10:23:44 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 25, 2020, 03:57:46 am »

I say we get as much magma as possible, so lets fill this pit with magma and elephants!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 25, 2020, 05:32:41 am »

Prodigious size alone does not make a better volcano. +1 to smaller volcano with more !!MAGMA!!
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 25, 2020, 05:46:16 am »

Prodigious size alone does not make a better volcano. +1 to smaller volcano with more !!MAGMA!!
+1
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 25, 2020, 11:39:47 pm »

Small volcano it is.

The Magma Sea

January-May, Year Two
By the end of its first year, Boatmurdered Zoo became the site of something miraculous. In late September, Boatmurdered added a scientist by the name of Ssarscel to its staff. Through an amazing feat of genetics, Ssarscel invented a reliable means of resurrecting extinct animals from fossils. The Boatmurdered Zoo was soon home to woolly mammoths, giant sloths, and Macrauchenias. Press coverage and zoo attendance upon the announcement of this feat and conspiracy theories quickly spread about how Ssarscel had managed to make the discovery. Mayor Mason gave a speech congratulating the zoo, sounding overjoyed at how well the project was going.

Shortly after the prehistoric mammals settled in, unusual phenomena began to be reported on zoo grounds. Strange figures were allegedly sighted flying over the zoo, and geologists reported odd findings in the nearby playground.

Our first generation of gazelles and zebras died of old age, so I added a few more to provide mates for their surviving adult children. A third generation was quickly born afterwards.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I also added an extension and reinforced the giraffe embassy in preparation for adding elephants.

The Macrauchenias also had a baby.

Also, there was actually one last wave of unlocks I had forgotten about. It doesn't give much though. The only new thing I could find was a "fancy" variant of the hamburger stand.

I know you all wanted a volcano, but I looked at our finances and decided not to buy one.

In other news, I had to hire an assistant for Old Mate, as the zoo was starting to strain his ability to keep all the fences up and the garbage cleaned.

Once all that was done, I made some long-awaited additions to the giraffe pen.

Our zoo is now safe from any dinosaur or giant mug related threats.

Finally, since we already had mammoths and African elephants, I decided to go ahead and finish the set by adding an Asian elephant exhibit on the level above the African elephants. We have one for now, I'll add the second when we can afford it.

Well, it appears I've underestimated our ability to build and fund new things.

Here's our financial report for the past few months, if it's of interest.

Guest 677 has a wise idea.

My mods and forum games.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #69 on: June 25, 2020, 11:53:04 pm »

Punish Guest 677 for blasphemy against Armok!

Also build a barracuda tank, maybe?

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 26, 2020, 03:22:53 am »

Throw Guest on top of one of the pillars where he can't escape!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 26, 2020, 07:08:52 am »

I’ve never played Zoo Tycoon, so what buildings will increase marketing and thus cause more guests to enter?

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 26, 2020, 07:16:49 am »

I also hope you'll indulge my inclusion of the Star Wars walkers I modded in.

As we're running low on remaining space, I think that as a reward for entertaining us you ought to be able to pick something that looks good to you.
-----

How much room and terrain flexibility is there left for the big savannah exhibit? I'm curious particularly for smaller additions such as warthogs and flamingos, making it even more diverse.
-----

How is our customer service sector doing? Food, bathrooms, etc.?
-----

Also build a barracuda tank, maybe?
I feel like any barracudas should be fairly central, such as near the picnic area where the mountain lions are now, for maximum job cancellation admiration.

The mountain lions served their purpose when our zoo was young and can retire to a quiet corner totally free of worry and NOT made part of a vicious bloodsports arena where prey species are deliberately introduced for the amusement of sadistic omnipresent overseers.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 26, 2020, 09:34:24 am »

I’ve never played Zoo Tycoon, so what buildings will increase marketing and thus cause more guests to enter?

The most direct methods wouldn’t necessarily be buildings. We could get more guests by reducing the price of admission or actually paying for marketing. I’ve never found the marketing costs to be worth it, but adjusting the tickets could be helpful. Tickets are currently $22 for an adult, with a hardcoded 50% discount for kids.

I also hope you'll indulge my inclusion of the Star Wars walkers I modded in.

As we're running low on remaining space, I think that as a reward for entertaining us you ought to be able to pick something that looks good to you.
-----
Thanks! Looks like we may soon have an AT-ST exhibit, then. We’ll probably need a new zookeeper, especially since I added the Asian elephant.

How much room and terrain flexibility is there left for the big savannah exhibit? I'm curious particularly for smaller additions such as warthogs and flamingos, making it even more diverse.
-----
I think we’ve got a good amount of space. Flamingos and warthogs probably won’t work because of how much they like water and dirt respectively, but I think we could add ostriches, baboons, and/or wildebeests.

How is our customer service sector doing? Food, bathrooms, etc.?
-----
The restaurant continues to take care of their necessities mostly singlehandedly, while the food court helps a bit.

We are lacking in entertainment buildings though. I’d usually add a Japanese garden and an animal house or two around this point. We could also use an aquarium show, which requires orcas, dolphins, otters, or great white sharks. (Also jellyfish as an Easter egg, but a “trained” jellyfish show is exactly as disappointing as you’d expect.)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2020, 09:47:55 am by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 26, 2020, 10:11:15 am »

I think we could lower the ticket price, maybe to $18 for adults, which would result in $9 for children. This would get more people into the zoo
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 30