Headshoots Lunar Facility
- 2 (66.7%)
Hellcannon Gardens
- 1 (33.3%)
Bay12’s Jurassic Park.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 30

Author Topic: The Bay 12 Zoos:Let's Play Zoo Tycoon, Zoo Tycoon 2, and JPOG  (Read 65248 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Bay 12 Zoos:Let's Play Zoo Tycoon 2
« Reply #285 on: August 17, 2020, 04:30:54 am »

To King Zultan, did you literally want more cryptids, or just more exotic animals to boost our profits? We can do cryptids, but if we're going for profit the best option would be to use the lab to generate 4 star prehistoric animals. That would save us tens of thousands of dollars for superior benefits.
Why not a few of both.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: August 17, 2020, 09:33:53 pm »

T. rex doesn't want to be fed, he wants to hunt.

July, Year Four

Short update today, I didn't keep notes because I just wanted to be sure the crash issue was resolved this time.

Looks like we're safe, we've made it to August without any issues. Turns out the problem was most likely caused by our American alligator mod. Removing all of them fixed our save. I'll find a different American alligator download we can use and remove the mod. In the meantime though, we could get the very similar black caiman for the space.

I didn't do much this time, since I was watching for the crash. Mostly just walked around, did things that might provoke it, and trained Dolphin 3.  We earned a decent amount of money, so we should be able to get the sea otters next time.

Finishing the month, we got an interesting challenge.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I think the Operational Paleontology Association has come to the right community.

Our second T. rex, now fully grown and the largest land animal in the zoo.

Spoiler: Zoo map (click to show/hide)
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: August 17, 2020, 10:11:26 pm »

OPA!

Do we still have excess gators?
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: August 17, 2020, 11:42:23 pm »

Just four of the dwarf crocodiles, but we’ve got tons of the Cuban crocodiles.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: August 18, 2020, 03:35:04 am »

We also have loads of guests we could use, I'm sure they'll be okay with being killed for SCIENCE!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: August 18, 2020, 06:59:26 am »

I'd have said use our Killer Penguin, but from what I understand we'd get the subject of the pictures backwards. :P

I say make it something big and showy, like a mammoth. They're super cheap to replace, right?

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: August 18, 2020, 11:01:47 pm »

"T. rex doesn't want to be fed, he wants to hunt."

August-September, Year Four.

Since the old one was crashing our game, I replaced our American alligator mod with Burnt Gecko's Everglade Escape. This adds another alligator very similar to the previous version, but hopefully this one won't crash the game. The walking animations are noticeably better, at least. As a side effect, we can now buy sandhill cranes. The mod's description says they need another pack containing a large number of birds, but I tried them out in sandbox mode and they seem to work fine. I'm guessing they just work with that mod's features, rather than actually requiring them. In any case, I'd rather not download the other mod right now. So many birds will make it harder to get any particular non-bird.

Anyway, on to the T. rex challenge. For Science! We started with King Zultan's suggestion of offering the tyrannosaurs a guest. Unfortunately, none of the photos I took qualified. Apparently, menacing a human doesn't count as real "hunting". Although I know they're one of the few animals in the game actually capable of doing it, our T. rex didn't seem interested in actually eating the offering.

Next, we tried Glass' suggestion of giving them one of the extra Cuban crocodiles. We could make a baby mastodon for the purpose, but I'd really rather not delay new challenge income that long, and it feels a bit cruel. We quickly got the picture of the T. rex stalking the crocodile, but it wouldn't go for the kill. We've temporarily removed their food to motivate them a bit more. Maybe we can go for the human shot again once the tyrannosaurs are hungry.

While we waited, we finally gathered the money necessary to get a sea otter exhibit and fulfill the request for weasels.

We've begun to restock our American alligators, and our first one was a rare white variant. I was going to wait until we could afford two, but we got the chance to get this one and I figured we wouldn't want to waste it.

I think that's my favorite animal in the entire zoo.

On the topic of the gator swamp, our Deinosuchus has reached adulthood.

Our female T. rex built a nest.

The manatees had a new baby too, replacing the one they lost in the dolphin attack.

The tyrannosaurs seemed like they might be hungry enough, so I went looking for a discontented guest to feed them. Surprisingly, I found that every single guest in our zoo was happy at the moment.

As a reward for their loyalty, their lives were spared and a Cuban crocodile was sacrificed in their place.

Our white alligator taking a goat leg.

« Last Edit: August 18, 2020, 11:32:31 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: August 19, 2020, 06:19:55 am »

Dang dinosaurs not eating the people, like they should.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: August 19, 2020, 09:00:28 pm »

Routine maintenance and a $20,000 offer.

September-December, Year Four

We've bought a mate for our alligator. Given the crocodilians' rapid birth rates, this should ensure that their exhibit will soon be swarming with alligators.

Training continues for Bottlenose Dolphin 3.

Although our donations are lessened, the compost building seems to be picking up the slack. We've hired a fourth zookeeper to help out.

The African Conservation Consortium is back with another $20,000 offer.

Given that we have three African animals from the African Adventures expansion alone that are already pregnant, that should be much easier this time.

Our zebras died out, so we bought new ones.

Our marlins also required replacement.

That'll be it for today, since all those animals together cost $15,000. We should be able to do more tomorrow, once the Consortium rewards us for the baby animals. The white rhino calf has already been born.

Not good.

My mods and forum games.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: August 20, 2020, 04:01:03 am »

I bet one of our guests contains the substance the vampire beast thirsts for, and we should use someone that likes the thing as its only right they be sacrificed to their favorite animal.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: August 20, 2020, 09:03:03 pm »

Hematophagy

December-January, Year Four and Five

All the vampire beast actually needed was a refill on his supplementary water bowl, but...but...good soldiers follow orders.

Fittingly for a cat, the beast refused to do more than just roar at the offering occasionally when we tried to goad him into attacking. He mostly preferred to just sit around while the offering ran frantically around the cage and its waist-high fencing. Sorry these attempts at animal attacks aren't working out well for you, Zultan. Happy, well-fed and cared for animals just aren't very aggressive.

The attempt did terrify several of our observing guests, as they ran around panicking that they might be the vampire beast's next offering.

Moving on, Bottlenose Dolphin 3 has been given her own show in light of her advancing training. Maybe we should give her a name, her training means she gets more individual attention than any other animal in the zoo.

The flamingos are about to go extinct again. Do you all want to keep replacing them, or switch them out for another swamp bird like the sandhill crane or Protarchaeopteryx?

We've sectioned off more areas of the swamp. Currently, I'm planning to add Chinese alligators, followed by gharials and black caimans. The Chinese alligators will give us both species of alligator, while the gharials and caimans will mean that we have all four major groups of crocodilians. As a bonus, the black caiman is a close relative of the alligator, so it'll match the theme with the other ones. The Cuban crocodiles still have a much bigger area than the other species, but we'll get there when the time comes. Not really looking forward to moving all those. At this point, Cuban crocodiles alone are about a third of all the animals we have.

Masai giraffe and bluebuck babies joined the white rhino calf, impressing the ACC enough for us to win the $20,000 grant.

We used most of the money to fulfill Zultan's request for a new cryptid.

While waiting for funds, we caught a sighting of our baby T. rex practicing her roar.

For our last major activity in January, we purchased a pair of gharials.

Undoubtedly the most dangerous animal in the universe, this species moves in massive swarms to overtake such prey as Titans, giraffe presidents, goats, and milk-obsessed lunatics.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2021, 10:49:53 am by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: August 21, 2020, 04:22:57 am »

At some point we should build a mansion for all our fancy animals, and why don't we get more flamingos and those others birds you talked about.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: August 21, 2020, 08:14:10 am »

Sandhill cranes sound good to me. They're more endangered, don't we get more brownie points for locking them flightless behind bars in a tiny, contrived imitation of wilderness conserving the species? Such magnificent animals.

lukerules117

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: August 21, 2020, 11:24:33 am »

The flamingos aren't really pulling their weight for how quickly they die.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: August 21, 2020, 11:05:56 pm »

Pirate Parker

January-February, Year Five

We could probably take King Zultan's suggestion and convert a large section of our zoo into a mansion, but I figured we should see if there's general support for the idea before going through with it. It would be a pretty drastic change to the zoo's look and Mightymushroom already said he didn't want to build the zoo that way. If we do, it would probably look a bit like this. The interiors of the exhibits would be more natural however, and we wouldn't enclose the entire zoo. If nothing else, placing the hundreds of objects required to do that would likely cause significant lag.

I don't like to suggest ideas myself, but would there be interest in adding dwarf elephants to our collection? The name feels appropriate for us, and they'd fit into the grassland exhibit. The $20,000 price tag is irrelevant since we'd be cloning them.

We received a special guest at the beginning of February.

Pirate Parker looks about how you'd expect him to.

Since we're not planning on restocking the flamingos anymore given the costs vs. the benefits of keeping them, we released our last surviving flamingo into the wild to spend the final minutes of its incredibly short existence in its natural habitat.

Confession time:I've never really been satisfied with our wetlands exhibit. It always seemed too cramped for the number of animals we keep in there, and it limits the number of non-crocodilian swamp animals we can fit into our Everglades zoo. Aside from that, it always meant that the first animals our guests encountered weren't the impressive ones. In preparation for the new birds, we've built a new wetlands exhibit on the other side of the zoo that is roughly twice the size of the old one. The African buffaloes and their items have been moved over.

As a side effect, the old wetlands exhibit is now unoccupied. What should we put in there to replace the buffaloes?

While we waited for sandhill cranes to become available on the animal menu, we began producing Protarchaeopteryx.

They're cute, but we'll need to keep an eye on them to see how they react to the other animals once they get bigger. Best not to forget that they're dinosaurs. We can always just release them into the wild if they become a danger to the rest of the exhibit.

We finished off the day by buying our first sandhill crane. I'm not very familiar with these birds, but I like the model.

Going to take a brief break from updating over the weekend. I've got some stuff going on for the next two days that'll take most of my time.

The killer penguin supervises the creation of a relative.

« Last Edit: August 21, 2020, 11:11:56 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 30