Headshoots Lunar Facility
- 2 (66.7%)
Hellcannon Gardens
- 1 (33.3%)
Bay12’s Jurassic Park.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 30

Author Topic: The Bay 12 Zoos:Let's Play Zoo Tycoon, Zoo Tycoon 2, and JPOG  (Read 65236 times)

lukerules117

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Bay 12 Zoos:Let's Play Zoo Tycoon 2
« Reply #255 on: August 08, 2020, 10:56:54 pm »

Multiple smaller exhibits for crocs, manatees just because, and lets also get a show area for our pilot whale and try to distance the entrance as much as possible from the dolphin show, so that people are less likely to go straight from one to the other then get pissed off because they can't think ahead far enough to take care of their needs.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: August 09, 2020, 05:38:12 am »

I'm all for the grid of croc pins and whale shows.

I wish this game would allow us to dig a big pit and fill it with animals so we could have spectators watch the animal moshpit, or if we couldn't do the pit we could make our own animal thunder dome.

Two animals enter, one animal leaves!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: August 09, 2020, 08:36:55 pm »

I mean, we absolutely can build an animal death pit, it's just likely to destroy the zoo if we do. I'd rather not do it unless everyone's in favor.

Big pig

August-October, Year 3

Another quiet day, as we gathered fossils and saved for future plans. After much digging, we finally found all the giant warthog bones.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The cloning process nearly failed, because I was distracted by the scientist inexplicably "swimming" through the air towards me and then hovering in the creation area.

Nevertheless, we were able to salvage the situation and create a baby giant warthog. Housing the animal proved much easier than its creation, since we could just move him into the savanna exhibit.

Our next attempt went much better, and we made a super animal.

As we finished moving in the giant piglet, we received an interesting offer to test an animal exchange program with another zoo.

We agreed, and our Masai giraffes were temporarily removed. In return, we were given a collection of four mythical Japanese snakes called Tsuchinoko. We had one month to earn $500 in donations for them, if we wanted to keep them.

To that end, the Tsuchinoko needed a temperate forest exhibit with a good flow of guests. To give them the best odds of success, they were given the peafowl's exhibit and the peafowl themselves were moved into the unicorn/bluebuck area along with their food. A slight expansion was needed to make room, but they don't mind the grassland much.

The snakes were released into their new enclosure. An educator was already posted outside, so it's up to our guests now to decide if we get to keep this $80,000 worth of animals.

We had to release a bunch of our dwarf crocodiles to the wild. There were so many of them at this point that taking care of them was taking a disproportionate amount of effort on our zookeeper's part. We got an award for doing so.

Our blue marlins are improving their skills, it seems. One of them managed to escape the tank and end up in the swamp water. Although she could survive in there, until she starved at least, the water wasn't deep enough to keep her happy. We returned her to the tank.

Although we couldn't directly "pave the roads with gold" as Zultan suggested, we do have a pair of gold statues we can place.

We also added a gold-plated drinking fountain to the danger playground.

We had to move the pilot whale to the dolphin tank after he killed and ate one of the blue marlins. He doesn't mind the coastal biome, so that'll save us money on a new tank unless you really want them separate.

Poor Blue Marlin 4.

Sadly, the Tsuchinoko only raised about $100 in donations, resulting in their being taken back to their original zoo. We could put the peafowl back into their original enclosure, but they seem to fit in well with the bluebucks and unicorns. Should we return them to the original exhibit, or put something else in there?

More bad news to start October. We're having a bit of difficulty with money at the moment, as our donations have decreased sharply in the past couple months. Next time, I'll look over the zoo and see what we can change to improve things. We might have to change the content of some of the exhibits and delay plans, but those donations are crucial to everything else we do.

A mature giant warthog grazing in the savanna.

Spoiler: Zoo map (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 09, 2020, 08:38:50 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

lukerules117

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: August 09, 2020, 08:45:08 pm »

Are we lacking in donation boxes or ATMs or are guests not happy? I guess that's the next thing on the agenda to deal with.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: August 09, 2020, 08:48:39 pm »

Aw, I like the fat Japan sneks. :/

Do we know what causes donations? What might have happened to make them go down?
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: August 09, 2020, 09:29:34 pm »

I rather like the peafowl and unicorns together. Unless, of course, mismatched biomes are hurting donations.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: August 09, 2020, 09:48:16 pm »

I’ll write a more detailed report on our finances tomorrow. I’m guessing the problem might relate to all the mismatched animals hurting our “education” bonuses, or maybe just an ongoing problem with too much poop everywhere, especially in the crocodile and savanna areas. The dwarf crocodiles are pretty overpopulated, I don’t think the last wave of releases did enough.

Could be a lack of donation boxes, but I don’t think missing a few of those would do this much. We’re down to about 50% of our recent numbers.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: August 10, 2020, 03:39:05 am »

What's mystical about fat snakes?

Maybe we need more zoo keepers to solve the shit problem.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: August 10, 2020, 08:06:50 pm »

The fat snakes are mostly known for being a popular Japanese cryptid, I think. Like Bigfoot.

Anyway, no update today. Real life came up. I did promise a financial report though, so here's our finances for this year so far.

My mods and forum games.

lukerules117

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: August 10, 2020, 10:01:40 pm »

While the admissions income is insignificant it doesn't seem like it made much of a difference in our profits elsewhere so given that we have a problem with cheapskates lets not let them get in for free. I am of course aware that this won't solve the problem but at least it will make us feel better.

When it comes to actually solving our problem lets make sure that all the potentially high interest exhibits have donation boxes and educators, check where guests are walking and where they're ignoring, and look through some of their thoughts.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: August 11, 2020, 01:58:23 am »

Why are we letting people in for free, they should have to pay for the privilege to see our animals!

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: August 12, 2020, 12:55:13 am »

Repairs

October-December, Year Three

We're working on repairing the zoo's finances, trying different things and seeing what works. We started off by drastically reducing the population of our dwarf crocodiles, by releasing the adults and adolescents to the wild and allowing other facilities to adopt the young. We still have our original pair and a nest of remaining eggs, but that should drastically reduce the amount of work our keepers have to do. Our guests' primary complaint seems to be fatigue due to a lack of benches and gazebos. We'll work on rectifying that as well. Finally, tickets now cost $20 again.

In the meantime, we're still fossil hunting and doing challenges. A particularly good challenge appeared at the end of October.

Fossil hunting was put on hold for a bit, as we made sure to carefully keep every animal clean. By the end of November, we won the challenge.

The prize money allowed us to afford to get back to working on our plans, so we bought the promised second dolphin and a pair of manatees.

(As a sidenote, that screenshot rescued this update. The game crashed moments later, but the fact that I had just saved to remove the UI for that shot prevented us from losing any progress.)

With our remaining funds, we split the crocodile swamp in two and added our first new species. A pair of American alligators have joined the swamp. I tried to make the new fence as unobtrusive as possible.

Some good news, our donation income seems to be climbing again. We reached $9,280 in November, up from $7,428 in October. Looks like the main problem may have just been the lack of benches, and we've largely fixed that. I don't have to time to verify that we're safe now, but things are looking better for us. No way of knowing if changing the dwarf crocodile exhibit helped with the donations, but it certainly helps my sanity to not hear constant pings about issues to fix there.

Finally, we got an interesting challenge and received an award for our marine donations.

Since we needed more educators anyway, that's basically just a free whale shark in two months.

The award unlocked a seahorse bouncy ride.

The ultimate fossil finder, as the Gardens search for the last of their prehistoric remains.

Spoiler: Zoo map (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2020, 12:57:01 am by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: August 12, 2020, 03:19:32 am »

I think it is time for some bigger animals like rhinos and elephants.

lukerules117

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: August 12, 2020, 08:12:12 am »

I'll put my votes in for a woolly rhino and a mastodon, we have big plans, not much money, and a slight income issue. Might as well take advantage of our fossil clones being free.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: August 12, 2020, 03:40:56 pm »

Woolly animals +1
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 30