Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 27

Author Topic: Final Fantasy Emblem on Forums (IC thread)  (Read 25429 times)

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy Emblem on Forums (IC thread)
« Reply #135 on: July 20, 2020, 03:33:56 am »

Robbed of her armaments, Djedre was simply sitting there, not making much movements nor much noise. She herself is not quite sure if she wants to deliver a stoic display to discourage the guards from making jokes at her expense, or if she is simply contemplating the degree of her failure today, brooding over it.
One thing is certain: It was a low point of her life. But, in a sense, she felt that it was not worse than being a prisoner at home. In a way, she was used to it. The bars will be simply more visible and less gilded, that is the only difference for her.

However, he was somewhat surprised at the red-clad young man. She definitely had heard about the spell Protect, an inevitability in a house full of high-aiming spellcasters. She looked in his direction.

"... Shell as Protect's compliment, and Esuna to remove harm from techniques that bypass both steel and mind."

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 20, 2020, 03:57:02 am »

Akira joined Djerdre in her brooding for a while, alternating between staring out at the walls to ponder just how low he's fallen, and glancing in the boy's general direction to mutter curses at his own inability to protect them, and to worry about whether or not they would ever wake up at this rate.
"I guess I gotta get all funky if I'm gonna make this work."-Stretch Armstrong

Unlurking Sentinel

• Bay Watcher
  • 6e 6f 74 20 61 20 72 6f 62 6f 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 20, 2020, 05:30:07 am »

Both Lenn'art and Blodeuyn were reproachfully silenced by the guards surrounding them. A single smack to the head with the pommel of a sword for each of them.
"No need to listen to their fabrications. The pirate was plainly caught selling off his stolen goods, and the patrol that brought the robber to us described her as extraordinarily dangerous. Significantly more capable than her appearance suggests, at that. Perhaps she's Dwarven scum?"

It was immediately clear to Blodeuyn that the patrolman had never seen a dwarf in his life before. They tended to look somewhat older, and perhaps slightly shorter.
"Do not try to wriggle you way out of service, student. Hope that the professor delayed the test a day because of the crystal incident, and be glad you are witnessing its resolution. It's not the prisoner you're here to look after, after all, but the Lucid Crystal." The guard captain then motioned towards Noah, carried over the back of a larger soldier. "It cannot be allowed free a second time."
01101110 01101111 01110000 01100101 00101100 00100000 01100100 01100101 01100110 01101001 01101110 01101001 01110100 01100101 01101100 01111001 00100000 01101110 01101111 01110100 00100000 01100001 00100000 01110010 01101111 01100010 01101111 01110100

Final Fantasy Emblem on Forums

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #138 on: July 20, 2020, 06:35:56 am »

There was no other alternative that made sense. The appearance of this cat was bad news for Viverna, almost certainly. Her continued stay here was already tenuous enough, but with him in play, there might be more questions asked.

She shook her head slightly. Now was the time to watch the world around her, not fret about things she could not control. She would take problems as they arose.

"Claus, ensure that you sleep before this test. Recall what happened last time." Viverna sounded a touch more concerned than usual; her discomfort with the situation was bleeding through.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 20, 2020, 08:33:21 am »

Djedre glared at the soldier carrying Noah.

"Do not inflict harm upon the boy. If you do, you will have to answer to me."

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 20, 2020, 08:37:49 am »

The Pirate's clothing looks more like that worn by a certain clan.

Glancing at Djedre as she speaks.

As for her, she looks. Different when not wearing armor, her hair was already beautiful before.

Both Lenn'art and Blodeuyn were reproachfully silenced by the guards surrounding them. A single smack to the head with the pommel of a sword for each of them.
"No need to listen to their fabrications. The pirate was plainly caught selling off his stolen goods, and the patrol that brought the robber to us described her as extraordinarily dangerous. Significantly more capable than her appearance suggests, at that. Perhaps she's Dwarven scum?"

It was immediately clear to Blodeuyn that the patrolman had never seen a dwarf in his life before. They tended to look somewhat older, and perhaps slightly shorter.
"Do not try to wriggle you way out of service, student. Hope that the professor delayed the test a day because of the crystal incident, and be glad you are witnessing its resolution. It's not the prisoner you're here to look after, after all, but the Lucid Crystal." The guard captain then motioned towards Noah, carried over the back of a larger soldier. "It cannot be allowed free a second time."

As for the green-haired girl, I can believe it. Skill is needed over physical strength when wielding firearms, and she seems used to deceiving those around her.
... I expect she wasn't completely disarmed either. I don't expect these prison bars to hold for long

Turning to the one who spoke of the Lucid Crystal's escape, he asks.

"I am curious to how that escape happened the first time, this place seems rather imposing."

"I'll also point out that we three are here because the boy was caught up in this and his friends asked us to search for him. The Crystal did say he was afraid of being eaten by some monsters we had to fight beforehand, and I suspect that would have been the end of it."

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
  • My sole interest is uncovering the truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 20, 2020, 12:30:58 pm »

Claus managed to avoid Djedre's eye when she spoke, at least until the guard was done talking to him. He did pay Djedre a small look of thanks, looking deep in thought and even ignoring the guard's mild disrespect (like the professor was going to delay the test at all...) until the guard said two words. And then he saw the last student.

"A Lucid Crystal!? Here!?" Without another word allowed to be said between the two of them, Claus bolted over to Noah behind the guard with all rules forgotten as he whipped out his notebook and a pen. "You're the Lucid Crystal, then? My name is Claus Palermo, please tell me your-" He paused, looking over Noah again. "He's knocked out... That is... disappointing." Claus sit down with a slight huff, putting his notebook away. His disappointment bled over to the point where he wasn't even willing to argue with Viverna— "Yes, I'll try..."

rustytengo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 20, 2020, 03:13:12 pm »

Blodeuyn grabbed her head after the guard smacked her. It really didn't hurt her as much as one would think it would to a girl like her but she was more then happy to play it up.

"Owie. Big meanie how could you do that to me." she said as crocadile tears started to fill her eyes.

Aurorix

• Bay Watcher
  • Thief Boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 20, 2020, 04:23:36 pm »

Man that little girl's shtick was already getting on the cat's nerves. No one is falling for it girl, best to save your energy for when it matters. Then the cat had a fun idea. The loud ones were always the funnest to mess with after all. Without so much as moving a muscle and due the close proximity of everyone, the cat sent a gust of freezing cold air down at Blodeuyn's neck. It would feel akin to one placing a fresh ice pack from the freezer right onto the back of one's neck. Lets see what kind of show will happen next.

rustytengo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 20, 2020, 04:53:46 pm »

"Eeeeeeeek!!" Blodeuyn let out as she jumped forward as much as she could away from where the cold hit her. "Okay who ever is doing what with cold. Get over here so I can beat you foe r that." she said her "tears" already dried.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #145 on: July 20, 2020, 05:05:09 pm »

"I would advise against doing that." Viverna failed to specify which of their prisoners was being spoken to, or even turn around; she meant both, of course. The cat especially needed to cut that out before it landed all of them in even more trouble, herself included. She wouldn't shy away if it came. . . but now was not the time.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Unlurking Sentinel

• Bay Watcher
  • 6e 6f 74 20 61 20 72 6f 62 6f 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 20, 2020, 07:28:05 pm »

Blodeuyn received a second smack to hopefully silence her.

As the prisoners entered the gates, a tingling shiver overtook them, far stronger than what one would expect from the cold, poorly-lit corridors of the fortress.
"It'll get much, much worse for all of you, if any of you try to escape, you should know."

Eventually, as the prisoners approached what looked to be one of the towers, the guard captain entered an adjacent room alone. Some several minutes later, the captain returned in a foul mood, carrying two trinkets. Handing one of them to a subordinate, the prisoners could tell it looked like a key, but without the key ward; it was more like a small rod with a bow to grip.
"Renovations are still ongoing. We'll have to start using Chamber 53."

The troop then split into two groups: one leading the prisoners downstairs to the dungeons, and the other containing the commander, Claus, and Viverna, heading upstairs with the unconscious Noah in tow. On the third floor, the troop made a left turn into a small, overlooked corridor, which led to a room that the soldier carrying Noah then went into.

"Though we have re-secured the lucid crystal, the situation has been altered to the degree that we cannot resume its relocation to Ostentum. It resorting to possessing a child is... disconcerting. Further research will be necessary. You are all dismissed for today."

If the above-ground floors seemed dark and cold, they were nothing compared to the dungeons. Seemingly endless stone corridors lined with cold metal doors, each one with a barred window, the only means by which you could view the interiors of the chambers. One could not gleam much from these windows as one passed by, but from the commotion and occasional glimpse, the chambers on the first level seemed crowded to the brim with prisoners. Every chamber on the second level, on the other hand, was closed off, with masons and mages hard at work... every cell, save for one. The one the prisoners were being led to.

The soldier with the key-like trinket inserted it into the lock, whereupon a small noise could be heard, followed by a soft ticking noise.
"You have thirty seconds to enter, or else."

The door led to a short set of stairs down into the dungeon chamber, facing left of the stairs. The room appeared completely empty, save for a set of broken shackles on the wall, and the motionless remains of a withered, ragged old woman.
01101110 01101111 01110000 01100101 00101100 00100000 01100100 01100101 01100110 01101001 01101110 01101001 01110100 01100101 01101100 01111001 00100000 01101110 01101111 01110100 00100000 01100001 00100000 01110010 01101111 01100010 01101111 01110100

Final Fantasy Emblem on Forums

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 20, 2020, 07:41:48 pm »

"Very well. I hope this is resolved quickly."

Not the best situation, but hopefully it will get resolved. I do not know what manner of magic these are protected by, but for now..
Not much more to do but wait, see, and listen... Though given everything, what are the chances of things going smoothly.

Enter and sit down, wrapping my cloak around me.

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
  • My sole interest is uncovering the truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 20, 2020, 07:50:33 pm »

"Right, yes. Thank you," Claus said to the guard dismissing him without another word. "Let's go, Viverna. I think we can maybe squeeze in another couple of hours before we need to wind down..."

...And yet, as the two began to separate from the guards, Claus huddled up to Viverna and whispered.

"...Change of plans. Just for today... I don't think I can focus on studying until I've gotten the chance to see that Lucid Crystal. Do you think we can sneak back up here in maybe an hour or so?"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #149 on: July 20, 2020, 08:36:59 pm »

Viverna leaned down slightly for Claus's benefit; the height differential between the two was nontrivial. After his statement, she was quiet for several moments, carefully considering it as she continued to walk slowly.

". . . I am not sure. You would be placing yourself at great risk." She glanced away with an odd expression on her face. "And most would not call me sneaky." The problem of the Lucid Crystal was troubling, though. She saw another being, or perhaps two, being enslaved by the government for some nefarious purpose. It was not an unfamiliar story, to say the least.
GM of Trespassers V2.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 27