Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Issues with [DARK_FORTRESS] civs and costum positions 0.44 to 0.47  (Read 1124 times)

Vincie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Saw alot of threads regarding this issue, in 0.44, making goblins [SITE_CONTROLLABLE] required to take out the [CHAT_WORTHY] tag from nobles, since it conflicted with the demon's lord [CHAT_WORTHY] or similiar. Now with 0.47 no matter what, all nobles in the entity file under goblins make the game crash during world gen, when placing civs, except with some luck when you have maybe 5 civs in total and very a short history. I worked around this and simply replaced the goblin's [DEFAULT_SITE_DARK_FORTRESS] with the dwarven fortress type [...CAVE_DETAILED], made a second goblin civ in entity without [SITE_CONTROLLABLE] and their [.. DARK_FORTRESS] so I still have these fortresses on my map. Works 100% every world gen.

tl, dr
[SITE_CONTROLLABLE] conflicts with [DEFAULT_SITE_DARK_FORTRESS] replace with [DEFAULT_SITE_CAVE_DETAILED] or other site for tempoary fix

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Issues with [DARK_FORTRESS] civs and costum positions 0.44 to 0.47
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2020, 09:03:02 am »

PLAYER_FORTRESS generate civ of only hillocks, and this hillocks may be unretired if playable civ. Whats new with MONUMENT site type?

Vincie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2020, 10:24:47 am »

PLAYER_FORTRESS generate civ of only hillocks, and this hillocks may be unretired if playable civ. Whats new with MONUMENT site type?

I don't exactly understand what you mean, is it related to the new problem of the latest df release 0.47, where people reported that their costum entities cause the game to crash upon placing civs during worldgen, because either they have a entity race with [NO_EAT], enabled fish cleaner job and some positive cleaning tendencies OR because the entity has [DEFAULT_SITE_DARK_FORTRESS] AND defined noble positions, yet it worked in df 0.44 when you simply removed [CHAT_WORTHY]

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2020, 05:08:42 pm »

I don't exactly understand what you mean, is it related to the new problem of the latest df release 0.47, where people reported that their costum entities cause the game to crash upon placing civs during worldgen, because either they have a entity race with [NO_EAT], enabled fish cleaner job and some positive cleaning tendencies OR because the entity has [DEFAULT_SITE_DARK_FORTRESS] AND defined noble positions, yet it worked in df 0.44 when you simply removed [CHAT_WORTHY]
Yeah, I remember this new issues. And also in 47 special tokens now not add divine materials to civs.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2020, 10:00:06 pm »

Yeah, I remember this new issues. And also in 47 special tokens now not add divine materials to civs.
Still not seen any proof that they ever did.

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
  • Cease hostilities? Never!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2020, 06:13:26 pm »

Saw alot of threads regarding this issue, in 0.44, making goblins [SITE_CONTROLLABLE] required to take out the [CHAT_WORTHY] tag from nobles, since it conflicted with the demon's lord [CHAT_WORTHY] or similiar. Now with 0.47 no matter what, all nobles in the entity file under goblins make the game crash during world gen, when placing civs, except with some luck when you have maybe 5 civs in total and very a short history. I worked around this and simply replaced the goblin's [DEFAULT_SITE_DARK_FORTRESS] with the dwarven fortress type [...CAVE_DETAILED], made a second goblin civ in entity without [SITE_CONTROLLABLE] and their [.. DARK_FORTRESS] so I still have these fortresses on my map. Works 100% every world gen.

tl, dr
[SITE_CONTROLLABLE] conflicts with [DEFAULT_SITE_DARK_FORTRESS] replace with [DEFAULT_SITE_CAVE_DETAILED] or other site for tempoary fix

In 44.x, you didn't need to take out [CHAT_WORTHY] for Dark Fortress civs.

With 47.x, Dark Fortress civs masters (demons) create the noble positions from year 0, and onward over time. and if any position collided with a position that you customly created, it causes the crash.
I once had a 30 dwarf glacier fortress once.. was going great till the dwarf merchants brought along a WereKoala and killed everyone...