Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: The House of Hazards RPG (IC)  (Read 2982 times)

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
The House of Hazards RPG (IC)
« on: June 14, 2020, 06:47:20 am »

A group of travelers are lost in the woods in the middle of the night, and after hours of hapless searching, they stumble upon a large, eerie-looking building. Deciding to check it out, the group enters, but right as they all step inside, a freakish gust of wind suddenly blows from out of nowhere and slams the door shut. Trying to re-open the door, the group soon finds the lock mechanism to be broken, and that they've apparently been locked inside.

The travelers look around at what seems like an abandoned house, scarcely lit by some candles on a table and a lamp glowing gloomily in a corner. Near the far wall is a strange and grotesque-looking statue, standing ominous in its obscurity. A number of dimly lit doorways connect to adjacent rooms, and an ornate set of stairs leads up to a dark second floor. What would await the travelers in this chilling place, none could yet say...

((The game has begun! Feel free to begin controlling your characters. On the map I have labeled Mustard Frank as "MF", Dr. Unpleasant as "Dr. U", Scarlet as "S", and Lauren Hades as "LH". You can change your token color or submit a custom token if you wish. I will most likely update the game when all players have posted and are ready to continue, or maybe I'll just do it whenever, because I am the Law. Good luck have fun, and don't die too quick!))
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The House of Hazards RPG (IC)
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2020, 08:55:37 am »

"Weird looking house, I'm gonna loot it."
Grab one of the candelabras from the table and go look in the cabinets with the plates and mug on it.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Mahoroty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2020, 11:36:33 am »

"Oh look at that guy. He's trying to take every item in here already which is the correct thing to do because everything in this world should be free and that is also because i believe in comunism more than capitalism."

Start to help the looting in the name of the back light matters
Discord For forum rpg and stuffs

Remuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Laemmle the Sparkly Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2020, 11:44:00 am »

Player have a 800 starting credit points. He is eco-ing his credits so he haven't think to buy some stuff for now. The suppressor pop up on USP as an attachment without interacting it physically.

He jumps several times with abnormality, just like a POD Bot behavior. He then levitate as he froze himself on mid air.

"Okay, let's go." he said by using radio command and came back to normal stance.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2020, 11:50:18 am by Remuri »
I answer the call, from now on my sword always be with you.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2020, 02:33:58 pm »

Tri grunts noncommitally.

Boop the mustard on the nose for saying silly things.

Wield dagger, and yoink one of the lit candle-holder-thingy in offhand. Use it to set fire to the front door.
Search for a sack or something to carry more loot in.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2020, 11:55:55 am by Egan_BW »

Remuri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2020, 09:01:58 am »

"Regroup team.", Player used radio chatter.

invul_nerable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2020, 09:25:55 pm »

Scarlet kept herself contained. Despite stumbing upon a group of random eccentric people are and getting stuck in an abandoned house in the middle of the night, she remained caln and collected.

She finally decided to break her silence when someone rummaged through the place. "I don't think it would be wise to do what you desire and wreck someone's home in the middle of the night," she said. "We don't know where we are and from whom this home belongs."

She moved closer in the middle of the room. Her ruby yes reflected the faint color of candle lights. "If I am the owner of this house, I would be outraged if some stranger just bursted in and tried looting everything they see. So please, refrain from doing so." Her last sentence was a tadbit serious in tone, as if she is threatening each one of em.

"By the way, where are my manners. My name is Scarlet Beuregarde, pleased to meet you all." She bowed.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2020, 10:04:30 pm »

"Elswebe rinate. En anirit sewaritan enti, anti reou bentari. Werti, Ver ai Tri. Eh?"

Remuri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2020, 11:02:16 pm »

Player turn on his flashlight (Yes, Counter Strike has a magical flashlight. Just type the letter "F".) and jump abnormally in several times.

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2020, 11:56:12 am »

One moment, he's retreating from a gang war, the next he's with this weird assortment of people... In this house that's definitely not abandoned, if candles are still lit somehow. How are these people even here?

Examine the door. Gimme those lock specs, baby. Maybe Lauren could brute-force it with his pickaxe.
I have a YouTube channel.

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2020, 03:32:50 pm »

Turn 1.

Dr. Unpleasant grabs one of the candelabras from the table and goes to look in the cabinets with the plates and mug on it. When he opens the drawer, he suddenly hears a volatile hissing sound from within, but it was too late to react, as the viper that was nested within then leapt towards Dr. Unpleasant, biting him on the front of his shoulder. The snake then quickly slithers away under the cupboard. A painful numbness immediately sets into the spot where the snake had bitten Dr. Unpleasant, accompanied by a strange discoloration in the area. Dr. Unpleasant starts feeling a bit dizzy and light-headed as well.

Meanwhile, Mustard Frank had also started looting the cabinet, and was going through a drawer of silverware when Dr. Unpleasant encountered the viper. The silverware inside the drawer seemed normal for the most part; just a simple collection of metal spoons, forks, and dining knives. Mustard Frank also finds an assortment of dusty cooking supplies in the cabinet, including some salt, pepper, cooking wine, spatulas, and some unlabeled vials of liquid.

As Mustard Frank was going through the cabinets and drawers, Tri boops him on the nose for the comments he had just made. Tri then uses his dagger and yoinks one of the lit candle-holder-thingies, using it to set fire to the front door. The door soon catches fire and begins burning. However, parts of the door including the lock seem to be made of metal or some other non-flammable material, and it seems unlikely the door would take enough damage to fall apart. The fire, however, is burning vigorously. Tri then looks around for a sack or something to carry more loot in. However there doesn't seem to be much nearby that can be used as containers, just a few dusty vases that are rather clunky to use for storage purposes.

Soon after Scarlet introduces herself to the rest of the group, Player turns on his flashlight and jumps abnormally several times. As he lands on the floor each time, creating a little thud, an eerie response is soon heard coming from underneath; a knocking sound, audible despite the sound of the blazing fire and Dr. Unpleasant's increasingly heavy breathing. It seems that perhaps there is a basement underneath, and that someone, or something, may be down there.

Meanwhile, Lauren examines the door, which is now aflame. He focuses on the lock mechanism, noticing that there is a thick metal deadbolt that is keeping the door from opening. This however is the normal locked state of the door, and the part that seems broken is the deadbolt knob, which upon interaction was loose and did not cause the bolt to move. As Lauren goes for a closer look, a large piece of ceiling debris suddenly crashes down onto Lauren, knocking him to the ground. Lauren suffers a concussion and becomes weakened.

Dr. Unpleasant, wincing from the pain, momentarily notices a reflection of himself in the silverware on the table. For a moment it seemed like there was a shadowy spectre looming over him menacingly, or perhaps it was just the dizzying side effect of the venomous snake bite. Lauren, still on the ground from his head injury, momentarily sees the formation of a disturbing phantom in the nearby flames; a woman with her entire lower jaw missing, staring right at him. The figure soon dissipates back into the flames, leaving Lauren uncertain whether it was just a fabrication of his concussed state or something else.

((Health statuses updated in the player info))
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2020, 04:27:38 pm »

Quickly, chop the wounded bit off of Unpleasant before the venom spreads!

If there's time, walk around the room listening for loose floorboards which I could pry up with my dagger.

invul_nerable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2020, 02:26:21 am »

Before someone cuts off someone's limbs(they haven't introduced themselves yet), Scarlet immediately ran towards the delirious doctor. Upon checking on him, she noticed something that looks resembles a snake bite at his shoulders, Scarlet ripped off the fabric around wound like tissue to inspect the wound even further.

"This is bad." Scarlet muttered. "It looks like this person is bitten by a venomous snake."

Scarlet used the cloth she just ripped as bandage and wrapped it around the area, hoping that it would slow the progress of the venom. "Just breathe slowly." She whispred, "Don't panic." She instructed.

"Did someone saw what type of snake bit this gentleman?" She cried. "If we can determine what type serpent it is we might be able to save him."

"Guys? Anyone?" Although uncertain it would work, Scarlet plans to suck the venom out instead, she has done this multiple times in her war ridden life but it isn't a sure fire way to save someone. If only there is an antidote lying around here, things would be easy.

Remuri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2020, 05:56:47 am »

Player looking around for the sign of hostile enemy.

He saw nothing.

"Sector clear.", He reply with the Radio Command Chatter.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2020, 05:58:01 am »

"Oh fuck...    I might be dying."
If anyone tries to cut off a piece of me gets hit with the candelabra, also try to find the snake so we can find out what it is, and cooperate the person that's trying to help me.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: [1] 2 3