Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Increasing number of dark fortresses in the world generation  (Read 765 times)

DWARFFRAWD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

yeah i want to see more enemies.

is there any way to increase enemies by increasing number of dark fortresses in world generation?

Loam

• Bay Watcher
  • a Moal
    • View Profile
Re: Increasing number of dark fortresses in the world generation
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2020, 08:44:40 am »

Just run a world for about 300 years and you'll be swimming in necromancers.

To your question, though: the number of goblin civs (who build dark fortresses) is tied to the number of demon types, which you can increase in the Advanced Worldgen options. However, I'm not sure if increasing the number from default will result in more goblins than usual -- I only know that lowering the number causes fewer goblin civs to appear.

To really make sure goblin civs appear more often, go into the entity_default raws and find this line in each entity:
   [MAX_STARTING_CIV_NUMBER:100]
This controls the absolute number of civs of that type (dwarf/elf/human/goblin etc) that will appear in the world. If you want goblins to be more prevalent, change the number to something lower for all other races (4 or 5, maybe) but keep goblins at 100; then bump up the number of civs in the worldgen options to whatever you want. If, say, you have 40 civs total, but each of humans/dwarves/elves/kobolds only get 5 civs each, then there will be twenty goblin civs -- provided there's enough demon types to support them all.
Thob Goes to the Surface (Adventure Mode story, in progress)