Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 26

Author Topic: Steam Empire, an Arms Race: Year -1, Internal Affairs Phase  (Read 19629 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Empire, an Arms Race: Year -3, Design Phase
« Reply #60 on: June 12, 2020, 07:10:25 am »

OI!

And for the record, it is protected, The Empire has no enemies to worry about, so being able to airlift supplies and soldiers over mountains, oceans, and rivers is far better than trains the Empire already has.

And the Doubled Votes occurred cause of two good items. I prefer my designs NOT Boring, thanks.

'Starlight' Aerial Transport: (1) TricMagic
Mark Ia "Theodore" Steam Thrower: (2) eS, Rockeater
"Finger Trap" Imperial Armory Revolving Sidearm: (0)
"Tortoise" Protected Train, Colonial Duty: (4) Madman, ConscriptFive, Twinwolf, MoP
Bombardino Steam Rifle: (4) Nemonole, Iridium, Kashyyk, Taricus

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 12, 2020, 07:18:54 am »

Man, we got soem shit designs to vote on. I mean, the train is so boring it's gotten *me* complaining about it. Geez :P
I mean, to be fair, we're probably going to want trains at some point. But you're not wrong that it is an intensely boring thing to spend a design on.

I was actually somewhat surprised to read we only get one design per turn in these first three turns (which are obviously the same as every subsequent turn, long live the Emperor). Our arsenal won't be very substantial by turn 0 that way.
I feel that we should either get more designs, or get the most basic stuff (eg train, musket) without designing it. Unless there's some reason I'm not seeing for the limited initial arsenal, Chief?
Long Live United Forenia!

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 12, 2020, 07:24:17 am »

Good point. After consideration, the Emperor himself has deemed it acceptable to grant you the funding to pursue 2 designs a turn. Starting now. Revisions are still limited to 1-a-turn.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 12, 2020, 07:36:36 am »

Long live the Emperor!

Also, I just noticed that the Bombardino proposal was edited to include a line about using compressed air instead of steam if necessary, so it should be fine either way.
While I agree with Taricus that the train is boring AF, we do need a train (I'd be okay with cargo aircraft later, but a train is a key baseline logistics vehicle).
Also, I would reinstate all the double votes, but at this point doing so might cause even more confusion, so probably better to just let people add their votes back themselves.

Quote from: Votebox
'Starlight' Aerial Transport: (1) TricMagic
"Tortoise" Protected Train, Colonial Duty: (5) Madman, ConscriptFive, Twinwolf, MoP, NUKE9.13
Bombardino Steam Rifle: (5) Nemonole, Iridium, Kashyyk, Taricus, NUKE9.13

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 12, 2020, 07:48:50 am »

'Starlight' Aerial Transport: (2) TricMagic, TricMagic
"Tortoise" Protected Train, Colonial Duty: (5) Madman, ConscriptFive, Twinwolf, MoP, NUKE9.13

I mean, we could Revise a Train. Trains are things the Empire has. [No way that can go wrong.] Airships however, the Empire doesn't have, so it's new and sensational.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 12, 2020, 07:53:04 am »

'Starlight' Aerial Transport: (3?) TricMagic, TricMagic, Taricus
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 12, 2020, 08:02:45 am »

'Starlight' Aerial Transport: (4?) TricMagic, TricMagic, Taricus, Rockeater
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 12, 2020, 08:25:56 am »

How bout compromise. Airship and Train?

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 12, 2020, 08:31:47 am »

'Starlight' Aerial Transport: (4?) TricMagic, TricMagic, Taricus, Rockeater
"Finger Trap" Imperial Armory Revolving Sidearm: (1) Madman

Yes, I know, how boring, but I need some more time to get into the steampunk feel and really would like to lay out some basics. Also you should all be ashamed for voting for a cargo airship. I guess you'd better hope Chief either doesn't know or doesn't care when helium was discovered IRL, because, spoiler alert, it hasn't been discovered yet.

Oh shoot I just re-read it and realized that it has an armored envelope. Just what are you using to lift this thing? Negative mass? You're insane, that thing should never be able to fly.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 12, 2020, 08:41:40 am »

Please tric stop suggesting revising things into being just because they could be relatively simple to design. That’s not how designs and revisions work. Also removing your double vote on the transport because thats not how voting for two designs works.

Throwing my second at the rifle since nothing else is calling to me.

'Starlight' Aerial Transport: (3) TricMagic, Taricus, Rockeater
Bombardino Steam Rifle: (6) Nemonole, Iridium, Kashyyk, Taricus, NUKE9.13, MoP

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 12, 2020, 08:42:08 am »

It shouldn't be able to fly, and yet airship way heavier than they should be are a staple of steampunkish stuff nowadays.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 12, 2020, 08:43:32 am »

How bout compromise. Airship and Train?
Tric no. No. We don't need to start with two logistics vehicles.

Also, what the actual fuck do you think you are doing voting for something twice? Why would the thought of doing that even cross your mind, let alone pass inspection and lead to action?

Yes, I know, how boring, but I need some more time to get into the steampunk feel and really would like to lay out some basics. Also you should all be ashamed for voting for a cargo airship. I guess you'd better hope Chief either doesn't know or doesn't care when helium was discovered IRL, because, spoiler alert, it hasn't been discovered yet.

Oh shoot I just re-read it and realized that it has an armored envelope. Just what are you using to lift this thing? Negative mass? You're insane, that thing should never be able to fly.
Madman no. No. Steampunk without airships is like... something else without a key feature. Of course it doesn't make sense. You know what else doesn't make sense? Steampunk. This is not "Historically Accurate Victorian AR". Not to say we can do anything and everything, of course. Or that a cargo airship would be a practical replacement for a train. But I am positive that a cargo airship can have a useful role (later on).

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 12, 2020, 08:43:52 am »

Steam! And our tech level is all over the place anyway. I doubt we'd be penalized for marching ahead of the Empire on scientific discovery. The best time is this time of peace and unity to advance in the name of science!

Please tric stop suggesting revising things into being just because they could be relatively simple to design. That’s not how designs and revisions work. Also removing your double vote on the transport because thats not how voting for two designs works.

Throwing my second at the rifle since nothing else is calling to me.

'Starlight' Aerial Transport: (3) TricMagic, Taricus, Rockeater
Mark Ia "Theodore" Steam Thrower: (3) eS, Rockeater, TricMagic

No clue how that got there. Thanks MoP for pointing it out.

Ninja'd. But yes, Steampunk.

Because accident when adding my vote back.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 12, 2020, 08:56:10 am »

'Starlight' Aerial Transport: (4) TricMagic, Taricus, Rockeater, Doomblade
Mark Ia "Theodore" Steam Thrower: (3) eS, Rockeater, Tricmagic
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

ConscriptFive

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 12, 2020, 08:58:23 am »

'Starlight' Aerial Transport: (5) TricMagic, Taricus, Rockeater, Doomblade, ConscriptFive
Mark Ia "Theodore" Steam Thrower: (3) eS, Rockeater, Tricmagic
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 26