Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: [SG] You are a rebel group in an Orwellian state  (Read 7457 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: [SG] You are a rebel group in an Orwellian state
« Reply #60 on: July 10, 2020, 09:33:32 pm »

Sorry. The you are a spy stuff is in character. I think the actual suggestion was agreed upon a while ago, so now we’re just doing is it called banter? while waiting

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 10, 2020, 09:39:56 pm »

Oh, I was speaking in-character. I'm confused as to what is in-character and out-of-character at this point.

Yes!  Okay an improve acting class.  That is what we need, so that we can do spy work or infiltration or whatever with the greatest of ease.  And we can practice dressing up in costumes, most people wont bat an eye if you wear the right shirt and armband with the right walk.

Training ourselves is probably the best move we can do while unknown and with few resources.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 10, 2020, 10:43:29 pm »

Oh, I was speaking in-character. I'm confused as to what is in-character and out-of-character at this point.

I think we're all confused at this point. All in good fun, right? :-X
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 10, 2020, 10:47:36 pm »

Yes, of course. All in good fun

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 11, 2020, 02:25:08 am »

Yes, of course. All in good fun
Or was it?

Also we could disguise our resistance group as a group of actors practicing for a roll as a resistance group.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 12, 2020, 03:28:12 am »

Again, I'm sorry for the late updates, I had a nasty case of writer's block.

You, after some consideration, attempt to collect building material to reinforce the base to prevent collapse. Your agents wander around the city in the night, trying to not be suspicious, until they find an abandoned, partially bombed factory. They crowbar the door open and steal some old metal bars and construction tools. One of them barely avoids being killed by a partically-collapsing ceiling. In addition to construction materials they find an old revolver with 6 bullets, somebody apparently left it in here. They take it.

Upon returning to the base they renovate large parts of the basement, prop up parts of the ceiling which may collapse, and make the door more secure. You have also heard of a potential raid by American bomber planes soon, this may cause enough chaos for you to do even more without being detected.

Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)

What do you do?
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 12, 2020, 03:52:59 am »

I feel like we should do some recon to see what kind of things are in our area.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 12, 2020, 07:29:21 am »

Can we rename our organization to the Madagascar Independence and Liberation Front?
it's over

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 12, 2020, 07:33:41 am »

Can we rename our organization to the Madagascar Independence and Liberation Front?
+1

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 12, 2020, 07:45:46 am »

+1
-1, beside the acronym, we are planning on going Pan Africa, we should be called Africa Liberation and Unification Front.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 12, 2020, 11:04:17 am »

I feel like we should do some recon to see what kind of things are in our area.
+1 to recon

+1
-1, beside the acronym, we are planning on going Pan Africa, we should be called Africa Liberation and Unification Front.
-1 to name changes

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 12, 2020, 12:27:20 pm »

After having my own life and the lives of my loved ones threatened, I will abandon this group and start my own new group, with blackjack and hookers. 

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 12, 2020, 01:54:39 pm »

This is the dumbest thing .-.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 19, 2020, 05:54:17 am »

Updating this tomorrow.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

Kakaluncha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 19, 2020, 07:52:51 am »

I'm going to ramble a little about strategy.

I think after the recon, we should start infiltrating the enslaved population.

Here's the thing, slaves usually developed secret ways to pass messages without their owners realizing.

So, infiltrating the most oppressed demographics may be a really good way to gain supporters without their owners realizing anything, as well as establishing a basic spy network.

Also, the only way we expulse the Chinese from Madagascar is making them think that it's nothing but trouble. We should start posting pamphlets with racist Chinese slogans, while also posting pamphlets that indicate African racial superiority. This will eventually lead to violent clashes between the population, and then we can use the racial divide to organize the African population under our command. Divide and conquer is the way to go!

And this strategy only applies to the context of the game, and should, by no means, be applied IRL.
Roll to Hunger Games teached me one thing, to have initiative.
Roll to Planet teached me that writing and developing original ideas is really fun.
Roll to Heist is a game that has teached me one single thing:

Time Travel. Is. Pain.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7