Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: [SG] You are a rebel group in an Orwellian state  (Read 7473 times)

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
Re: [SG] You are a rebel group in an Orwellian state
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2020, 09:56:05 pm »

First, we need to collate our knowledge. What do we know of the workings of Madagascar, both in terms of governance and the actual processes that are involved in daily life?
+1 to that.
Also we need to scout out our prospective "base" area - how close is it to soldiers? how potentially dangerous? how coherent (structural integrity)?
+1
+1
+1
it's over

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2020, 10:12:25 pm »

Hello fellow rebels! I am a rebel much like yourselves! I am eager to overthrow the government and perform terroristic acts against an innocent population in order to achieve this goal! Perhaps you can tell me about our current plans, goals, and on-going activities in full detail? I am particularly interested in the locations, times, and people involved.

Down with authority! :D

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2020, 10:15:28 pm »

Hello fellow rebels! I am a rebel much like yourselves! I am eager to overthrow the government and perform terroristic acts against an innocent population in order to achieve this goal! Perhaps you can tell me about our current plans, goals, and on-going activities in full detail? I am particularly interested in the locations, times, and people involved.

Ok, stand over... there, and flip the lever.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2020, 10:24:17 pm »

First, we need to collate our knowledge. What do we know of the workings of Madagascar, both in terms of governance and the actual processes that are involved in daily life?
+1 to that.
Also we need to scout out our prospective "base" area - how close is it to soldiers? how potentially dangerous? how coherent (structural integrity)?
+1
+1
+1
+1

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2020, 10:29:07 pm »

Hello fellow rebels! I am a rebel much like yourselves! I am eager to overthrow the government and perform terroristic acts against an innocent population in order to achieve this goal!

I am
so tempted to 'port this to the out-of-context thread

...but that would be tasteless
I will refrain

+1 to that.
+1
+1
+1
+1
+1
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2020, 09:50:32 am »

Sorry for the late update.

You attempt to bring together your knowledge about Madajiasijia.

It is a colony under direct military rule by the East Asian Army. A large army is stationed in the capital and in ports, composed mainly of conscripted and brainwashed natives, with a significant minority of immigrants from the rest of the East Asian Federation, in which the conditions aren't much better. You don't know the details, but at least here the surveillance network isn't totally all-encompassing. As for daily life... most people wake up early, go to work in factories, the army, or the fields or mines, all with horrid conditions with little to no safety regulations, then go to sleep in tiny, cramped apartments. Education and recreation are very scant, mostly limited to primary and, in the capital, secondary schools, television with only two state-run channels, dry and yet substanceless books (for those who can read) and boring movies laden with obvious propaganda. This depressing rhythm of life is only sometimes interrupted by American bombs that are often launched indiscriminately at population centers, taking dozens of lives.

Your base, such as it is, is located on the outskirts of the city in the basement of a bombed-out building that the government didn't care to demolish or restore. It is far from most "reeducation centers" (that double as police stations and torture camps), and thus soldiers passing by are rare, and nobody ever really goes inside the building besides stray animals. Thus it is fairly safe, with one note: It might partially collapse if the building itself or a nearby factory is bombed, though a full cave-in is unlikely.

Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)

What do you do?
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:MODDING:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2020, 09:58:55 am »

Search for (and hopefully find) the weakest joints in our base. Once we do that, gather some construction materials from bombed-out shells and whatnot. Once we do that, attempt to reinforce said weak joints with said construction materials.
((Is this too much in one "turn"/whatever you call it?))

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2020, 09:59:02 am »

Petition the Government for permission to peacefully protest.

I need everyone to sign this petition, please - make sure you include your full name and home address.

Petition to Criticize Government Through Protest
Name:                                                 Home Address:
-
-
-
-

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2020, 10:26:13 am »

Search for (and hopefully find) the weakest joints in our base. Once we do that, gather some construction materials from bombed-out shells and whatnot. Once we do that, attempt to reinforce said weak joints with said construction materials.
I think it could be summed up as Reinforce weak points in our base with materials from nearby bombed out buildings
and I +1 that.

Petition the Government for permission to peacefully protest.

I need everyone to sign this petition, please - make sure you include your full name and home address.

Petition to Criticize Government Through Protest
Name:                                                 Home Address:
-
-
-
-
Of course Write list of known powerful figures in the government unrelated to the rebelion, here you go.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2020, 02:38:39 am »

I think it could be summed up as Reinforce weak points in our base with materials from nearby bombed out buildings
and I +1 that.
+1 We shall make this basement our Fortress of Solitude Resistance!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2020, 10:15:32 am »

Haha yeah! But seriously, sign the petition.

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2020, 10:24:31 am »

Stop glowing.
it's over

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2020, 11:07:10 am »

Haha yeah! But seriously, sign the petition.
Don't worry, they definitely would come if we did a peaceful protest, go check with them, but they are a bit shy  so they would probably say they won't.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2020, 08:29:34 am »

I will update this tomorrow.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2020, 08:36:18 am »

and I +1 that.
+1 We shall make this basement our Fortress of Solitude Resistance!
+1 because this is the only non-suicidal action.
it's over
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7