Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: [SG] You are a rebel group in an Orwellian state  (Read 7480 times)

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
[SG] You are a rebel group in an Orwellian state
« on: June 10, 2020, 10:23:56 am »

Nobody knows for how long the war has been going on. Three superstates dominate the world, brutally oppressing their people and bombing each other's cities. However none of the world leaders dare to launch nukes, for the other nations also have tens of thousands of nuclear weapons, and a nuclear exchange would lead to a total collapse of civilization. Technology has stagnated, and entire generations have been raised knowing nothing but this world. In the land not occupied by the superpowers there is near-total poverty and anarchy, with bombing runs conducted to ensure no other nations rise from the ashes.

Despite this, there will always be traitors. In the wilderness in the borderlands of the superstates, or under the polluted, crowded industrial cities, there exist thousands of rebel groups. Most don't get away with much besides a single bombing, arson, or shooting before getting caught, but some manage to survive for a long time and have a real, if extremely slim, chance at changing this cursed world. You shall take control of one.

Spoiler: What is this? (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Code: (Voting sheet) [Select]
Starting Location (can't be within anarchic territory):
Goal (can be anything from liberation of a country to overthrowing the central government to helping another superstate win):
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: [SG] You are a rebel group in an Orwellian state
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2020, 10:28:12 am »

Hmn...
Let's be in Madagascar. I want to get African independence and make our own superstate - which, of course, requires kicking the other three out of Africa, starting with the EAF.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2020, 10:33:20 am »

Hmn...
Let's be in Madagascar. I want to get African independence and make our own superstate - which, of course, requires kicking the other three out of Africa, starting with the EAF.
I agree, but I think Mozambique is a better option, preventing the case we get isolated to the island.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

TheSteppeWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Надад чонын сэтгэл байна
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2020, 10:49:03 am »

Code: [Select]
Starting Location (can't be within anarchic territory): Northern Mongolia (the part owned by the USSR)
Goal (can be anything from liberation of a country to overthrowing the central government to helping another superstate win): Liberation of Greater Mongolia (the modern country plus Tuva, Buryatia, Western Manchuria, and Chinese Inner Mongolia). Plus whatever else that can split off.
Why not? This is, I think, my first real post on this board but I have been lurking for a time. This also seems slightly more achievable than the other proposition.
Those who stomp on Mongolian land, will leave their lives on Mongolian doorstep.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2020, 12:37:46 pm »

Code: [Select]
Starting Location: Panama
Goal: To reestablish a libertarian left government in this authoritarian right/left political world, through insurgency primarily in the Central American region

Let’s go in Panama so that we can control the Canal, and we would have significant transportation advantage the moment we control this area, and their would be a lot of coastal and naval play

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2020, 05:16:51 am »

Taking over Panama seems like it could end poorly for us since it's such an important thing for transport, I think they'd really come down on us to retake it, and we'd have to fight on two fronts.

An island in Asia might be a better place to start and do some navy stuff.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2020, 05:21:10 am »

Hmn...
+1

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2020, 12:15:59 pm »

Still waiting for more votes. If none are chosen I'm going with Madagascar.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2020, 04:14:39 am »

Madagascar sounds good to me.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:MODDING:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2020, 11:08:29 am »

Hmn...
+1 from me

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2020, 10:38:52 am »

I got my plans together, let's do this.

Mǎdájiāsījiā (officially Mǎdájiāsījiā bǎohù guó), formerly known as Madagascar, is the main African holding of the East Asian Federation (a Chinese-led union of China, Japan, Korea, and many other Asian countries). It is mainly used as a coal and rare earth metal mine, as well as an air base for keeping the African native states down and to attack American South Africa. The natives are either enslaved or are second-class citizens. The capital, Antananarivo, is very polluted, with the skies often being gray from smog billowing from factory smokestacks. The colony is under martial law, with soldiers in place of police enforcing the EAF's brutal laws.

Understandably, in those conditions, there are bound to exist underground rebels. Whether seeking personal gain or more idealistic goals, they can employ ruthless means to disrupt order. The most-recently-founded one is named the Pan-African Liberation Committee. Their stated goal is to first take control of Madagascar, then found their own superstate encompassing all or most of Africa.

But first they have to actually organize.

The group of 15 rebels, recruited from escaped slaves and disillusioned bureaucrats, meets together in the basement of an abandoned residential building, untouched by the surveillance networks. They are safe for now, but their equipment and clout is few. They must procure weapons or connections in society if they wish to succeed.

Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)

What do you do?

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2020, 11:04:52 am »

First, we need to collate our knowledge. What do we know of the workings of Madagascar, both in terms of governance and the actual processes that are involved in daily life?
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:MODDING:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2020, 11:26:52 am »

First, we need to collate our knowledge. What do we know of the workings of Madagascar, both in terms of governance and the actual processes that are involved in daily life?
+1 to that.
Also we need to scout out our prospective "base" area - how close is it to soldiers? how potentially dangerous? how coherent (structural integrity)?

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2020, 11:50:12 am »

+1 to that.
Also we need to scout out our prospective "base" area - how close is it to soldiers? how potentially dangerous? how coherent (structural integrity)?
+1
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2020, 03:52:34 am »

+1 to that.
+1
+1
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7