Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: [SG] You are a rebel group in an Orwellian state  (Read 7440 times)

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
Re: [SG] You are a rebel group in an Orwellian state
« Reply #75 on: July 20, 2020, 10:14:30 am »

And this strategy only applies to the context of the game, and should, by no means, be applied IRL.
I wonder what incident lead to you needing to put that disclaimer in the post.
it's over

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 22, 2020, 05:21:35 am »

Nevermind, I had some serious personal issues on the day I was supposed to update this... tomorrow, for real. I promise you.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 23, 2020, 06:23:30 am »

Now I promise you updates will be more frequent.

You send out four of your men to scout the immediate area around your base. They sneak around at night, looking for any regular army patrol places or any other places of interest. Here is a list of those within a close distance:

Two warehouses (however both are locked).

A general store (surveilled, so if you buy a lot of suspicious stuff there might be an investigation).

A fire department (so if you start a fire or something it's likely to be extinguished fast).

A radio tower.

An electronics factory.

The group also decides to infiltrate the slave community. One of the native members of it dresses up in typical clothing for slaves and goes into a mine away from the town. Since surveillance on slaves is scant and they are certainly not registered or anything, he will attempt to recruit more supporters. There will be some time until you know if he succeeded or failed (two to four turns, he might return with more followers, return with nothing, or die and cause secrecy to lower slightly).

Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

Kakaluncha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 23, 2020, 06:57:12 am »

Okay time for Strategy!

The warehouses are a bad idea. Breaking in those places might give us more space, but could also gather a lot of attention.

The store could be useful in the sense that it could be the last place  that they would expect us to go buy stuff, but at the same time, it's risky. For now, we should buy food.

The fire department might be an interesting bet, though not one I would consider necessary. We could do something with itat a later date, but for now, I find interacting with it waste of a turn.

Now, the electronics factory is good, but secondary. We should infiltrate it, as it could bring electronic resources, which in an Orwellian state aren't something the average person would be using.

But the radio tower.... it's a gift fallen from the sky. If we infiltrate it, we can gain juicy information regarding the front, as well as anything of importance regarding Madagascar. If we were to infiltrate it, we will be able to coordinate our actions.

So here it goes: infiltrate the radio tower
Roll to Hunger Games teached me one thing, to have initiative.
Roll to Planet teached me that writing and developing original ideas is really fun.
Roll to Heist is a game that has teached me one single thing:

Time Travel. Is. Pain.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 23, 2020, 07:02:36 am »

Infiltrating the radio tower might be hard as it will probably be guarded at least in some way, so I say we get an idea of what kind of security it has before we try and brake into it and listen in.

Also at some point in the future we should destroy the radio tower to damage enemy communications.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Kakaluncha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 23, 2020, 07:47:20 am »

Infiltrating the radio tower might be hard as it will probably be guarded at least in some way, so I say we get an idea of what kind of security it has before we try and brake into it and listen in.

Also at some point in the future we should destroy the radio tower to damage enemy communications.

But the thing is, it's probably not the only radio tower in the island. We gain a lot more by becoming workers in the tower than destroying it. It's Intel we shouldn't waste.
Roll to Planet teached me that writing and developing original ideas is really fun.

Time Travel. Is. Pain.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 24, 2020, 02:34:28 am »

How are we going to get one of our guys a job at that place?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Kakaluncha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 24, 2020, 03:08:34 am »

We should kill a few workers from there, making it look like an accident, and then present only one guy with a fake curriculumbelievable, to avoid suspicion.

Time Travel. Is. Pain.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 24, 2020, 10:15:37 am »

I’m not sure if killing anyone is necessary, maybe they’re looking for new hires. The fake ID/curricula will still be useful though

Kakaluncha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 24, 2020, 10:35:15 am »

I’m not sure if killing anyone is necessary, maybe they’re looking for new hires. The fake ID/curricula will still be useful though

That's true. I guess +1 to your counter proposal

Time Travel. Is. Pain.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 25, 2020, 02:28:19 am »

That's true. I guess +1 to your counter proposal
+1

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 02, 2020, 02:06:02 am »

Updating tomorrow.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 04, 2020, 02:30:20 am »

((I was just waiting for a few more votes but they didn't come so yeah.))

You attempt to infiltrate the radio tower. Apparently, a few days ago there was an industrial accident that injured and crippled a technician. Thus, the department in charge of the tower was looking for new people to hire. One of your agents attempts to forge a curriculum ID to have better chances of being hired.

It seems to be believable, and thus he applies for the job.

He is accepted. Little do the people in charge of the tower know that he will send back any important-seeming messages that arrive. THis will start from the next turn.

A truck full of various supplies, including rare-to-procure tools, crashes right outside your base! The wreckage has not yet been towed away and you have time to attempt to loot it.

Do you take the risk?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 04, 2020, 03:18:26 am »

Lets grab a few things that would be easily missed, and wait to do it until no one is around.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 04, 2020, 07:09:17 am »

Lets grab a few things that would be easily missed, and wait to do it until no one is around.
+1
We’ll also need to make sure the stuff we take isn’t bugged, so let’s take them to a location that isn’t our base to check them over before bringing them home.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7