Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: The Emerald Inspectorate: A Bureaucratic Fantasy SG  (Read 8499 times)

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Emerald Inspectorate: A Bureaucratic Fantasy SG
« Reply #78 on: June 17, 2020, 08:18:16 am »

B

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 17, 2020, 10:00:30 pm »

You decide to practise the practical (yet esoteric) art of the schmooze. But where?

You could perhaps, perform the rite of the chit-chat in your very own department.

The local office for the  Inter-Taifa Revenue Bureau is just across the street and is host to a lot of the higher-up taxmen of the state.

A major Office of Agriculture office block is situated near Gold Street; your dear snake-eyed daughter Zayna works there most of the time.

The Inns, Tolls, Waystation, Ferries, Palanquin Manufacture, Caravanserai, Roads and Palaces Inspection Division maintain a rather large office near the eastern gate, although their members are often scattered throughout Costaba on one job or another.

The venerable Primal Library is still host to Costaba's government-employed scribes and bureaucrats who make up General Administration - although many of them have moved to the Mezquita de Hermana Saile.

Both the Diplomatic Corps and Order of Mujire occupy significant wings of the Custodial palace complex, but it might be difficult to gain entry - even for a presumptive Inspector. Getting into the Custodial Chambers is quite out of the question.

There are smaller (or at least, less prestigious) departments around Costaba as well. The Pack Animal Inspection Service, Bureau of Scales and Measurements, Order of Shivtra and the Office of Minority Representation are all connected to the Complaints Department via covered corridor. The Office of Seals is situated inside the Complaints Office block, on the upper floors. The reason for their close proximity is obvious to any employee of the Complaints Office.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2020, 10:41:02 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Mithras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 18, 2020, 01:39:07 am »

The Inns, Tolls, Waystation, Ferries, Palanquin Manufacture, Caravanserai, Roads and Palaces Inspection Division

Probably good to have some contacts on the road. Unrelatedly, I wonder what that twinge is about.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 18, 2020, 04:08:29 am »

The Inns, Tolls, Waystation, Ferries, Palanquin Manufacture, Caravanserai, Roads and Palaces Inspection Division

Probably good to have some contacts on the road. Unrelatedly, I wonder what that twinge is about.
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #82 on: June 18, 2020, 03:53:02 pm »

+1
+1

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 18, 2020, 05:19:15 pm »

Inter-Taifa Revenue Bureau

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 21, 2020, 06:23:33 pm »

Dear Alfonso decides to make friends and in-roads with the ITWFPMCR&PID. With his mind settled, he once more leaves the office and makes use of the official palanquin. To walk so far would be quite bad for your health, you see. Although you have a slave now (the purchase of which lead to several mild arguments with the family) to help you walk, you don't think your aching joints could handle such a journey.

You head down to the street and make sight of the office palanquin; The porters touch their foreheads and bow so ever slightly as you approach. A traditional greeting from those of lower status to those of higher status, one you have become accustomed to. You tell them that you'll be heading towards the eastern gate before jumping in. Your slave, Sarah, follows you on-foot. Although its only been a few days, she already looks healthier.

The crew's captain is a grizzled man half your age who's darkened skin is a sign of his long hours under the sun. You've known him for years, even attended some festivities with him. It harms no one, after all, to get to know your lessers. You talk about the usual things with him as he takes you down Hazzak's boulevard along the river. As you do so, you take notice of a ITWFPMCR&PID waystation. Now, most of these bureaucrats are juniors, with maybe one or two supervisors...but who knows what connections lead to where.

Do you want to stop to conduct the schmooze with them or continue towards their main office? There's only so much time in the day.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 21, 2020, 07:19:40 pm »

Go to the main office for more efficient and optimal schmoozing.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 21, 2020, 07:28:59 pm »

Shnooze the place we’re near now

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 21, 2020, 09:28:48 pm »

Go to the main office for more efficient and optimal schmoozing.
+1

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #88 on: June 21, 2020, 11:26:42 pm »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9